The Feminine Queendom 45

Printer-friendly version

The Feminist Queendom Charlie’s War 45 © Beverly Taff

Chapter 45

List of Characters.

Charlie Sage Maths and electronics genius.
Shirley Sage Charlies elderly mother
Chloe Charlie’s one time early school friend.
Josephine Flint Surgeon and associate of Chloe’s.
Mrs Jane Anston Director of Anston Aerospace.
Ronnie Garage mechanic at top of lane
Pauline Garage owner, Ronnie’s sister.
Briony Pauline’s teenaged daughter.
Billy Pauline’s middle son.
Abigail (Abby) Pauline’s youngest daughter.
‘Poppy’ Charlie’s little micro-runabout.
‘Doris’ The armoured mobile home.
‘Lady’ Chloe’s Sports Car.
Dawn Charlie’s armoured spaceship.
Colonel Wilson Vindictive misanthropist doctor.
Margaret Thomas ‘Failed’ police security guard.
Sally. 1st Oz Special forces trooper
Jacky 2nd Oz Special forces trooper.
Juliet Charlie’s Mal engineering assistant.
Laura The second mate of the Second Dawn
Kate The castrated Australian defence minister.

Chapter 45

“She what?” Charlie looked askance.

“It’s alright Boss. We soon put her right. She knows for damn certain now that Juliet is one of the team.” Laura the second mate reassured Charlie.

“I’m glad to hear it. Did you get to see much of the new hull?”

“It’s pretty much bare bones but from what we could see she’ll have ten engines.”

“Yes. That’s right. I can’t make much bigger engines at the moment, it’s a matter of space in Dawn’s little cargo hold.”

“Couldn’t we build you a bigger ship to build bigger engines then the process grows like Topsy?”

“I’m not decided yet how we go about building bigger engines. Dawn’s cargo hold is simply a security stopgap to avoid spying or thefts. After the debriefing I’ve been asked to go to Canberra with Juliet and Chloe to discuss the politics for the finalisation of the green paper to reverse the feminista laws.

If they really are serious about universal rights being restored I’ll enter discussions about where I build the engines. The most likely scenario will be a large mobile manufacturing shop based on the moon but able to move into space. Mainly for its own security. The manufacturing process will be as automated as possible to reduce security risks.”

“That makes sense,” Laura opined, “can the manufacturing process be fully automated?”

“Pretty much,” Charlie confirmed. “Where’s Juliet?”

“Inside with the rest of the team; we’re waiting for you.”

As the two entered the de-briefing room there was a short-lived bout of applause from the debriefing panel but it died very quickly when the panel realised that none of Charlie’s team were clapping. The team were fully cognisant of Charlie’s aversion to sycophancy.

He and Laura took their seats and the bulk of the afternoon was devoted to an intensive debriefing session with constant referrals to the helmet tape comments. By five p.m., the meeting was over.

Charlie and Juliet joined Chloe in Dawn and the trio sped towards Canberra through the ‘edge of space’. As they approached the federal territory boundary and slowed to re-enter the atmosphere proper, they were quietly amused to be met by two of Australia’s most advanced jet fighters.

“Reception committee or escort?” Charlie chuckled.

“I think the local RAAF base commander is just curious to see what Dawn is all about,” Laura replied, “shall we give them a show?”

“Naah; they’ll find out soon enough.” Charlie replied as Chloe checked the communications screen.

Moments later the Prime Minister was hailing them.

“Hello Spaceship Dawn, the Prime Minister’s office is on the line.”

“Hello Canberra, put her through.” Charlie responded with an easy familiarity that caused Juliet’s eyebrows to rise.

The Prime Ministers smile appeared and friendly exchanges preceded a rapid progression to business even as the Dawn landed. They met the Prime Minister and the defence minister with a small entourage at the edge of the helipad and went straight into the parliamentary committee rooms.

“They don’t mess about do they?” Juliet remarked as they took their seats before a horse-shoe of officials and M.P.’s.

“There must be a flap about something.” Charlie observed as the Prime Minister took her seat in the horseshoe.

On sitting, the Prime Minister carried on with the conversation they’d had while walking from the Helipad.

“Charlie, there have been several intrusions of our air space near Capentaria and Darwin. We believe another country is probing our defences before they deem us capable of defending ourselves.”

“I’ll discuss those issues once I’m assured of the universal rights bill.”

“That’s pretty much a given Mr Sage,” the defence minister admitted, “parliament has accepted just about every one of the points in the green paper.”

“That was quick.” Chloe observed.

“I think the events up north in Darwin have exercised a few minds. There’s to be a vote in the house tomorrow morning. I might add that your team’s exploits on the moon have also worked to concentrate the minds of a few die-hard feminista. The human rights bill has unanimously passed the white paper this very afternoon.”

“I’d like to read that before I commit. You know I’m a suspicious cove.”

The defence minister wagged her head partly in sympathy and partly with resignation.

“I thought you would. Here’s some bed-time reading for tonight.”

Charlie accepted the offered document then returned to the pressing issue of foreign fighter jets invading Australia’s air space.

“Have you identified the nationality of the planes yet?” Charlie asked.

“That’s the problem; no. They’re very sophisticated advanced aircraft and they don’t carry any markings. We believe that whoever is doing it, is probing our defences while preventing us from identifying them. We can’t yet protest against another country until we confirm who the planes belong to. We can’t catch them, they’re too fast, too high and too sophisticated. They can dodge our missiles.”

“Sounds serious,” Charlie concurred. “I suppose you want us to investigate with spaceship Dawn?”

“Please.”

ooo000ooo

After the meeting, Charlie Chloe and Juliet retired for a meal. They were dining privately when there was a knock on the door and Juliet went to answer it.

“Oh! Come in ma-am, I thought we’d discussed everything.”

“No, this is just a private matter.” The defence minister confessed.

Go o-on.” Charlie replied cautiously.

“Well, it’s a bit sensitive.”

“What’s it about,” Charlie wondered aloud.

“It concerns Mrs Sage directly but you Mr Sage, are also involved.

“Is this about fatherhood and rights?” Chloe asked.

“Frankly Mrs Sage, yes.”

“That’s pretty much been addressed in the green paper,” Charlie observed.

“Yes, but it tends to formalise the circumstances through the new laws.”

Juliet leaned forward interestedly and Charlie sensed her concern. She pressed the defence minister.

“Can you explain.”

“Well, it’s a personal matter. My partner and I want children and I of course can’t supply them, so I was wondering if you would, you know.”

“You would have to speak to Chloe,” Charlie replied as he turned to his wife. “What are your thoughts love?”

Chloe glared angrily but thoughtfully at the defence minister.

“You are part of a government that supports Feminista laws, that supports the oppression and incarceration of men in the rookeries. If you want sperm from an intelligent male go and find it in the rookeries or wandering in the outback.”

“I thought you’d be supportive. I’m one of the worst victims of the feminista. I was castrated without consent or knowledge at aged thirteen. They told me I needed a colonoscopy for possible bowel cancer and when I finally recovered, they told me that they had had to remove the affected parts. My testicles!

It was all a complete lie of course but it was too late for me to protest; job done. Thanks to a mother more concerned with keeping her dear little boy on the career path than letting him live and grow as a male. Do you seriously think I want to live as a woman even though I look like one and piss like one? My prick is too small to point and they stole my balls!”

It was Chloe’s turn to now fall silent. She fully understood and detested the consequences of the feminista laws; and she was as determined as Charlie to destroy them. The cruel irony was that the most useful and powerful weapons in their war were the very victims of the feminista, namely mals like Juliet and ‘girls’ like the defence minister. Chloe had much food for thought.

She turned uncertainly to Charlie.

“I don’t know what to do Charlie.”

“It’s your call Chloe. You’ve always maintained that children should know and have their fathers close to hand in a marriage; - and I fully support that. But this throws everything into a cocked hat.”

“Yes but Kate is the defence minister! She will be a powerful ally in the battles to come. The green paper is okay in itself but the white paper has only just been put before the Aussie parliament. Yeah, I know it’s pretty certain of passing in the chamber but there’s still a long row to hoe.”

Kate, the defence minister shifted uncomfortably as she considered her next words.

“I’m putting my career and my neck on the block by telling you what I’m going to say but it’s got to be said.”

Charlie, Chloe and Juliet exchanged cautious glances. The universal rights restitution bill was at a very critical juncture. If they put a foot wrong at this delicate stage, the diehard feministas might cry havoc and slip the dogs of the feminista war. Charlie pressed Kate the defence minister to elaborate.

“What’s got to be said minister?”

“There’s a movement; - a movement to do what you are attempting to do but by revolution and insurrection.”

Charlie let out an ironic guffaw.

“Ha! You mean you’re telling me there are some men with balls enough to try and put things right the old-fashioned way?”

“They haven’t all got balls Charlie. And I resent you’re implication that it takes balls to start a revolution. Some of us victims are in the fight as well. We’re affectionately referred to by our masculine brothers as the ‘Castrato brigade’.”

“Oh sweet. Sweet irony!” Charlie hooted. “You’ll be telling us you’re a brigadier in a minute.”

“I’m telling you NOW! Not in a minute Charlie. Things are pressing in on me even as we speak. The feminista police are getting suspicious and I’m dangerously exposed.”

“Oh shit!” Juliet cursed, “and just when I was hoping to contact the revolutionaries. Only to find them in disarray.”

Katie stared at Juliet as the light dawned in her eyes.

“You! You as well.”

Charlie interceded with a nod.

“Julie’s never made any secret of his anti-feminista’ convictions. That’s why he could only find work as a domestic drudge until he and I met. He’s graduated now and is my executive chief officer in the lunar team.”

“Yes. I knew all about that,” Katie confirmed. “I am the defence minister you know.”

“For how much longer?” Chloe demanded.

“I’ve no idea, but if can be shown to have stopped these invasions of our air-space, it will stymie the feminista police investigations.”

“Will they be watching you now?”

“Only when I leave this room. I’ve got a spy detector on my person that picks up on any cameras. They know I’m in here but they don’t know what’s being said.”

“Good!” Charlie replied. “So what will you say about this meeting?”

“I’ll simply tell them we had a confidential chat about driving off the invading planes up north.”

“Which is exactly the truth.” Chloe grinned. “Cos that’s exactly what we will discuss now.”

Katie’s eyes lit up and her back straightened as an obvious burden was lifted from her shoulders.

“So are you agreeing to help us fight off these invading planes?”

“Yes, if you’re prepared to help us in the fight to reinstate universal human rights.”

“You know I am! Do you want me to go on record?”

“That won’t be necessary,” Chloe conceded, “your request for Charlie’s sperm is proof enough of your desperation and consequential loyalty. It’s you who is vulnerable, not us.”

“Are we all agreed then?” Charlie asked loudly for the benefit of any listening devices in the walls.”

“Yes. We go tomorrow before daybreak.”

“Can I come with you?” Katie pleaded.

“It’s a bit cramped.” Charlie cautioned. Dawn wasn’t built for a crew, just me.”

“You’ve had four in there before,” Katie protested.

“Yeah, but we weren’t hunting for bear. It’ll be bloody rough and violent.”

“How do you shoot them down?” Katie asked.
“I don’t,” Charlie explained soberly, “I will ram them like the old Greek galleys but at infinitesimally higher speeds.”

“But that will smash your own ship!” Katie protested.

“You may have been up into space with Dawn Minister, but you’ve no idea how she’s built. Dawns front plate may look crude and unfinished but that front plate is a six inches thick glacis made of tungsten-titanium alloy. Dawn is a flying tank, - a bloody battering ram capable of more than five thousand knots at sea level. Any plane trying to catch her would melt with air friction. The rest of her hull is built of heavy steel alloy plate. There isn’t an air-to-air missile on this planet than can harm her or even catch her.

The ride will be rough because she weighs well in excess of thirty tons but she’s more manoeuvrable than stunt plane, let alone a fighter jet. She has a virtually infinite range and she can chase any invaders all around the planet. The only thing that could disable her would be a one-twenty tank shell or, a one fifty-millimetre artillery shell and bearing in mind she can out fly such a shell, I doubt that any gun could hit her unless it was an extremely lucky, freak shot.”

“Why doesn’t she carry guns or missiles?” Katie asked.

“That would make her war-plane. Without weapons she is indisputably a peaceful, non-combatant craft, until angered that is. Then I wouldn’t like to be the pilot who opens the shooting.”

“I’d love to come.” Katie enthused. “I was in the military before politics.”

“Well bring yourself a substantial safety harness and we’ll find somewhere to lash you securely in the cabin.”

“So you’re saying I can come?”

“Yes. Four a.m., out there, on the Federal, parliament lawn. Bring your lunch but it’ll be no picnic!”
ooo000ooo

up
142 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

rallying the victims

"the most useful and powerful weapons in their war were the very victims of the feminista"

yep, that's for sure

DogSig.png

Yes most of the victims of

leeanna19's picture

Yes most of the victims of conversion will have been going along with the feminist regime. They will all grab at the chance to revolt. There would also be a substantial amount of women that would dislike the status quo. Women were given the vote by the men in government voting for the law to be passed. Many women will see the unfairness of the feminist regimes, just like Chloe.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

Missing computation

Jamie Lee's picture

When the feminists took over they forgot to ready the history books dealing with slavery, or forced servitude.

When those forced into servitude finally reach the breaking point, they have a tendency to revolt. More so when the boys in this story are robbed of what's makes them men.

Feeding women the garbage that when men are feminized they won't miss being males. In part that's true, for those wanting to be females. But for those who never wanted to be female, it just builds resentment and stirs up anger that will eventually spill over.

Who but the UQ would be stupid enough to have a high flying spy plane fly over Oz to try and discover what they're up to? It might be from another nation, but so far only the UQ has had agents try and get Charlie.

Whoever sent that plane, they are about to lose one fast moving plane and its pilot.

Others have feelings too.