What’s It’s Like for A Girl Part 17

Printer-friendly version

Max covers up a yawn as she answers the question their teacher gave them. Their normal teacher had called in sick this morning and they were stuck with one of the normal teachers at the school. His name was Mr. Castillo and he normally taught AP Math.

Mr. Castillo looks over towards Max “Mr. Puscat, could you please tell me what the answer is to question twelve?”

Max looks up and over towards Mr. Castillo “don’t you mean Mrs. Puscat?”

Mr. Castillo ignores Max “what is the answer for question twelve?”

“You still didn’t answer my question, Mr. Castillo.” Max wasn’t going to answer the question.

“Mr. Robert, what is the answer to question twelve?” Mr. Castillo looks over at A black hair boy sitting two rows over from Max.

Robert looks at Mr. Castillo “it’s three hundred and sixty-six, Mr. Castillo.”

“Correct, Mr. Robert. It seems someone knows what they are doing.” There was a sarcastic tone to his voice.

The bell for the next class rings. All the students start gathering their stuff and go to their next class. Max was the only one left in the room “Mr. Castillo, I would appreciate for now on, that you use the proper pronouns when speaking to me.”

“You’re in no position to be making demands, young man.” Mr. Castillo looks at Max.

“Don’t you mean, young woman or young lady?” Max had an angry look on her face.

“No, I meant what I said. A boy can’t be a girl and a girl can’t be a boy. You are what God made you be.” Mr. Castillo stares right back at Max.

“Ah, now the truth comes out. You’re a religious bigot. You’re trying to use religion to justify that you’re homophobic.” Max looks directly at Mr. Castillo with a smug look on her face.

“I’m not homophobic and I am a Christian. I believe in the words of the bible.” Mr. Castillo believed in God and the bible.

“I call BULLSHIT! Your just like every homophobic bigot who uses the bible and claim they are a Christian.” Max was tired of people using religion to justify their prejudice.

Mr. Castillo walks over and stands right in front of Max’s face “how dare you judge me. You were born a male by god’s will and you will act like a boy.”

“How do you know what god’s will is? Who’s to say this wasn’t part of his plan to see how those who supposedly say they believe in his act? Can you answer that question or are you too much of a moron?”

“Because it says so in the bible.”

“You mean the same bible put together by a bunch of old men two thousand years ago? Also, the same bible that justifies the raping and murder of women? Oh, here’s my favorite, how it was used to kill millions of people because they wouldn’t bend to the will of the church?” Max had a pissed-off look on her face.

“Well, unless you want to be late for your next class, Max. I think you better head off to your next class.” Mr. Castillo just smiles at Max.

“I think you are right, Mr. Castillo.” Max picks up her backpack and leaves the classroom.

A smile appears on her face as she shuts the recorder off on her cellphone. She always records her classes, so if she is having problems with the homework. She can go back and review what her teacher taught that day.

Max spots her friends and walks up to them. She should go to the principal about the conversation she had with Mr. Castillo.

“Sorry for being late.” Max looks at all her friends.

“Where were you?” Greg looks at Max.

“Talking with Mr. Castillo. He was showing how much of a bigot he was during class and afterward.”

“Jerald said he was addressing you as a male, instead of a female during class.” Greg ran into Jerald at his locker.

“Yeah, he was letting his prejudice show through. The thing is school isn’t the place to be acting like an ass. The school board isn’t going to put up with it.”

“You better hope you have evidence to back you up.”

“Oh, let’s just say he is going to regret running his mouth.” A smile appears on Max’s face.

That statement got looks from the rest of her friends. Several of them look at her and wonder what the statement meant.

“Do you want to let the rest of us in on the secret?” Amy was curious.

“Not yet. I want my mother to hear the evidence first and then let Principal Armstrong, Assistant Principal Forge hear the information.”

“Ah, now I understand. You recorded your conversation. That was smart.” Sam should have known Max would be sneaky.

“Let’s go and get some lunch.” Max turns and starts walking towards the cafeteria.

up
154 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mr. Castello will regret his actions

Samantha Heart's picture

As a teacher his contract is on a yearly basis so his contract will NOT be renewed next year & may be terminated this year.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Judge not least you be judged

Jamie Lee's picture

Mr. Castillo just stepped in it in a big way, and will regret it in a big way.

Max was right for standing up for herself, and for calling Mr. Castillo out. Mr. Castillo doesn't seem to know his own beliefs since he was actually judging Max. What Mr. Castillo forgot about his beliefs, or the ones he chooses to believe, if he judges someone he'll be judged by the same standards. He claims Max is wrong for going against God. But isn't he doing the same by thinking he has the right to judge others?

Others have feelings too.