The Contractor's Daughter Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Lexi moves carefully in the rafter as she pulls the electrical wire behind her. She was working with the electricians from S&W Electrical. Her uncle assigned her to help them out because they were a man down.

“Be careful up there, Lexi.” Robert was watching Lexi as she moved among the rafters.

“I am. I don’t feel like falling from up here.” Lexi has already had a broken arm before, because of her stepbrother causing her to fall out of a tree.

Both her stepbrothers were mean and self-centered. Plus, they were older than her as well. They love tormenting her because her body was developing to look female, then male.

She gets to where the breaker box was going to be and drops the electrical wire she was pulling down into the hole, Ivy had already drilled.
She feeds the wire down to Ivy as she sat above him.

“How’s that?”

“Perfect, come on down now.”

“Alright.” Lexi makes her way back to the ladder and climbs down.

Robert looks at Lexi as she climbs down the ladder. Her butt looked cute in the short coveralls she was wearing. She had on a pair of brown work boots and a short farmer-style pair of coveralls with a black t-shirt with her uncle’s construction name on it.

When Lexi reaches the floor “do you think you can put some electrical boxes on the studs?”

“Sure, just tell me where to place them.” Lexi could use a hammer.

“Alright, I’ll mark the studs for you.” Robert gets a black magic marker and shows Lexi the first stud.

He hands her the hammer and a box full of electrical boxes. He figures this should keep her busy until they stop for lunch.

“This should keep you busy for a while.”

“Gee, thanks.” A smile appears on Lexi’s face.

She gets to work tapping in the electrical boxes. She puts them on the studs Robert marks and where he marks where they go. While she is doing that, Robert and Ivy start running wire and drilling holes.

She keeps busy putting the boxes up. She was glad that it wasn’t as hot and humid like it was yesterday. She listens to the music that the guys were playing. She liked the song by Blake Shelton, called Kiss My Country Ass.

She wasn’t born in the country, but she liked the song anyway. She knew Robert was a country boy. He loved country music and wearing cowboy hats with huge belt buckles. Ivy on the other hand wasn’t really into much, except beer and fast women.

Lexi was at the last location when Robert calls a stop. She puts his hammer in the box of electrical boxes and carries it over to him “all done.”

“I can see that. Go ahead and go to lunch.” Robert accepts the box of electrical boxes.

“Okay.” Lexi heads towards the contractor’s office.

The roach coach was just pulling up to the site. Lexi waves to the driver to let them know, she’ll be down. She didn’t bring her lunch today. Her uncle had suggested they might get something at the site.

She opens the door to the office and walk-in. Her uncle was on the phone talking to someone. She stands nearby and waits until he finishes talking. When he is done “hey, the food truck is here. Do you want anything?”

Howard looks at Lexi “go ahead and get me my normal.” He pulls out his wallet and digs out a twenty-dollar bill and hands it to Lexi.

Lexi accepts it and tucks it into a pocket on her coveralls. Just as she is about to walk out of the office.

“Get yourself something as well, Lexi.”

“Thanks, Uncle Howard.” Lexi smiles as she walks out of the office and over to the food truck.

Lexi buys her uncle’s favorite and a sandwich for herself. Once she pays for their lunch, she heads inside the office.

“Here’s your lunch, Uncle Howard.” Lexi sets the food she bought for him on the desk.

She sits down in the seat Shawn normally sits in to eat her lunch. While she is eating her lunch, she looks at her uncle “where’s Shawn today?”

“He’s in jail, along with your stepbrother Wade.” Howard couldn’t believe Wade called him to bail him out of jail.

After what Wade and his friends did to Lexi. He had a lot of nerve to call him. If Lexi had called him, he would bail her out. She was his flesh and blood, but Wade wasn’t. Also, he wasn’t going to bail Shawn out either. He warned him about his drinking and what would happen if he didn’t give it up.

“How did the two of them end up at the same place?” Lexi looked puzzled at how Shawn and her stepbrother ended up at the same jail.

“I don’t know the details, Lexi but they are at the same jail. You shouldn’t worry about your stepbrother.”

“I’m not. I hope they throw the book at him.” Lexi hated her stepbrothers.

Howard knew Lexi disliked her stepbrother and her stepfather. Why his sister ever married the guy, he’ll never know. Her first husband was better than her second husband. At least her first husband took responsibility for getting her pregnant and setting up a trust for Lexi. He knew Lexi couldn’t touch it until she was twenty-one years old.

Lexi enjoys her lunch and when she is finished. She spends the rest of the time with her uncle. Afterward, she heads back to the house where Robert and Ivy are working. They weren’t back from lunch yet, so she cleans the place up some.

When they show up. She goes back to helping them run electrical wire and learn how to install the sockets and such. She also covers them up, so when the sheetrock guys come in. They can cover them up without damaging them.

Robert stops and looks over towards Lexi. She was bent over, sweeping up some trash onto a makeshift dustpan.

“Lexi, your mother must be a model, girl. Because you definitely inherited her genes.”

“Thanks, Robert. However, I get my looks from my grandmothers. My eyes, ears, and hair I got from my grandma Elizabeth and my figure and hands. I got from my grandma Aarti.” Lexi didn’t get anything from her mother, except problems.

“Well, they look good on you.”

up
274 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sounds like Robert

Samantha Heart's picture

Has a thing for Lexi. This Could be problematic.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Okay

You've teased us for two chapters, time for the reveal!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

i keep waiting

who is the other shoe to drop.