I Need To Remember. Chapter 24 And Epilogue

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 24.

Wishes was sitting at the kitchen table when I came into the kitchen with several bags of groceries. Dropping the bags with a sigh of relief I leant over and gave Wishes a soft kiss.

"Hello love, I didn't expect you to be home yet." I pulled back as I noticed the worried expression on her beautiful face. "What's up love?"

"Linda, I, I want to talk about our future a bit." Wishes stammered.

I sat heavily in the chair opposite her, a sudden chill in my stomach.

"Our future, why baby, aren't you happy. I, I thought we were good together." I could feel a tear trickling down my cheek.

Wishes grabbed my hand off of the table and kissed it before she held it to her cheek.

"You know I'm happy sweetheart. I didn't mean to worry you, I love you Linda and that isn't going to change, but," Wishes looked down at the table.

"But?" I asked, I was a little calmer, although that "but" worried me. Such a small word, yet it can shatter your world.

"But, there's something missing love."

The cold feeling was creeping back in again.

"Is it a man, is that what you need?"

I was surprised when Wishes laughed, A wonderful sound that could always lift my mood.

"No honey, it's not a man. Believe me love you keep me more than satisfied in that way. Linda, how would you feel about having a baby?"

For a fleeting moment I had a vague memory of having the equipment to create a baby then it was gone.

"Oh goddess, Wishes I would love to have your baby, I, I've been feeling bit broody for months, but I remember checking last night and neither of us the wherewithal to make either of us pregnant."

Wishes chuckled at my admittedly lame joke.

"About a month ago I found out that Dr Roberts has a bit of a sideline going at a clinic in Spain. He is offering couples the opportunity to select the gender of their child. It's perfectly legal there so he's not breaking the law as long as he only consults with the couples here and any other work is done in Spain."

"But darling I wouldn't worry about whether we had a boy or a girl, but we would still need to get a man involved." I felt a tear again, "If that's what you want then okay, but I really wanted your baby."

Wishes came around the table and pulled me to my feet. We kissed for a long time, almost long enough to distract us from our discussion.

"That's the whole point love. I explained our situation to Alan, that's Dr Roberts and he is happy to try an experimental process that's only been tried on animals so far. He would take several eggs from you and several from me. He would use half of my eggs to extract the genetic material and use it to fertilize your eggs. Then do the same using some of your eggs to fertilize mine. We could both be pregnant and the babies would truly be ours."

"Goddess, I didn't know that they could do that!" I gasped and hugged Wishes tightly. "Oh baby to think we could have our own family." Now the tears were on in full force. We both hugged and cried and kissed until Wishes pulled back slightly.

"There is a small amount of risk babe. Not very much to us but there is a good chance that one or both of us may not catch, the egg may not develop properly. Or there is a chance we could end up with a child with problems. This area is kind of new, they've done the procedure with rats and monkeys and it worked out okay but there is a risk."

"Love you know that every parent takes that chance, it's a risk you have to accept, it may be that we are going to have more risk than most couples but I trust in the Goddess."

"The only other thing is that Alan wants to write it up for a medical journal. He has promised me it will be anonymous but there's a slight chance the press would find out."

I kissed Wishes gently. "I want us to try honey, you will make such a great mommy.

Epilogue

A tall woman with reddish gold hair walked into the living room of the small house. She was reading from a handful of printed sheets. As she entered she looked up and smiled at the sight of the dark haired woman sitting in the armchair.

She paused for a moment to watch her lover, Linda's head was lying back against the chair and her eyes were closed, a contented smile on her pretty face.

Wishes cast her eyes down lower, her partner was sitting there topless, their daughters clasped to her chest suckling from her ample breasts. She felt a sharp pang of jealousy for a second, she hadn't been able to breastfeed their daughters. When Wishes milk came in her small breasts only produced a tiny amount of milk, unlike Linda whose breasts had swelled to a DD cup and seemed to have a never ending supply of for the hungry twins. Then she grinned to herself, there was even some left over for Wishes most nights, the thought sent a tingle to her crotch as she thought of suckling from those beautiful heavy globes.

For a time Wishes just leant against the door frame, her reading forgotten, and took in the beautiful sight. A warm feeling had suffused her being as she gazed with love at the three most important people in her life.

Linda must of sensed her presence and opened her eyes to stare back at the tall slender woman with the copper hair.

"Hi love," she murmured, careful not to disturb the babies. "How's it going."

"Pretty good, are these two ready to go down for a nap now." Wishes asked as she crossed the room and gave Linda a quick kiss.

"Yeah I think so, do you want to take Alhana, and I'll bring Jenny"

The women carried the babies to the nursery and settled them down in their cots. They paused to look at their daughters for a moment and shared a soft kiss before returning to the living room.

"Are you almost done." Linda asked as still topless she hugged Wishes and gave her a long sensuous kiss.

"Yeah most of the files and photos are on the new computer now, look what I found while I was sorting out the word files." Wishes held out the sheets to Linda.

Linda took the sheets and quickly scanned them.

"Oh I think I remember writing that, it's was bit far fetched so I was going to delete it, guess I must have forgotten to get rid of it."

"It's not bad, I liked it, you based some of it on us didn't you?" Wishes sat on the sofa and patted the space beside of her."

"Yeah, I finished it back when you were working long hours with Alan trying to sort out the twins. You know we've both enjoyed some of the stories on the web, I think I was bored so I decided to write my own. I'm not sure when I started it though, but then you know what my memory is like."

Wishes cast a concerned look at the woman who had been her lover for the last two years. When she had first met Linda she had found that Linda had seemed to have large gaps in her memory. When she had tried to ask Linda about it Linda had not been able to give her a specific cause for the problem and had passed it off as not really much of an issue.

When they were undertaking the highly unethical procedures that Wishes had used to produce the twins she had managed to get hold of Linda's medical records from her old doctor, she had been able to persuade a colleague to request the records for her.

Pouring over Linda's early medical history she found that her lover had never even seen her own Gp until a few months before she came to Wadebridge, then she had visited the doctor complaining of memory loss. The doctor had referred her to the local hospital and some tests were done. It appeared Linda's brain had suffered some minor trauma, it was thought to have been a minor stroke. Apart from having almost total memory loss from a point about two months before her visit to the doctor Linda tested out fit in every way.

For a time Wishes was worried about her lovers health and insisted, much to Linda's annoyance, on having them both thoroughly checked out using the excuse of their unorthodox method for getting pregnant to persuade her partner to submit to the medical examination.

When the results came back to show Linda was as fit if not fitter than Wishes she was able to relax.

Yet any time Linda forgot something Wishes was gripped by a terrible fear that her lover could have another attack of whatever had affected her years ago. The thought that Linda could loose her memory and not be able to remember Wishes and their beautiful babies was something she didn't even want to contemplate.

"It a good story you know, you should post it." Wishes said with enthusiasm trying to put the dark thoughts away for another day.

"I don't think anyone would want to read it do you?" Linda asked, Wishes could tell that she wanted to be persuaded to put the story online.

"I think they would, you'll never know if you don't try it will you. Um I noticed last time we are at the club there was a poster up, did you read it?"

"No, I don't think so, why?" Linda asked confused at the change of subject.

"You know the young bar girl, uh redhead, she wrote that book last year?" Wishes floundered.

"You're terrible you know." Linda laughed. "You worry about my memory, and you can't remember a name for five minutes. She's called Meghan."

"Mmm," Wishes kissed her lover and grinned at the teasing. "Well she's doing another book and wants members of the club to put their 'True Stories' in it. You could let her see this."

"Yeah but it's not all true is it, I mean it's sort of a mixture of fact and fiction." Wishes was certain that she wanted to be convinced.

"Well let her look at it and she could decide whether to include the first bit or not." Wishes grinned at Linda. "And I need to have a word with mum!"

"Why?" Linda asked, unsure what that had to do with the story.

"Well according to this she's been keeping secrets from me." she laughed.

"Ok you win." Linda chuckled. "I'll let Meghan look at the story, as long as you don't say anything to Alhana, Deal?"

Wishes hugged her tightly.

"Deal."

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Fave, fave, fave!

Pushing that kudos button for all I'm worth.
Love the story. Well written.

>>> Kay

I Want to Remember?

That was supposed to be the hook; it's how the story began, But it didn't seem as though Linda cared nearly as much about that after her new life was set; her weeks of writing down what she remembered apparently became just a couple of hours no more than once a day before it'd lose her attention. Finally, based on the epilogue, it got replaced by writing this story, which is far more about Linda than Graham.

I'd thought briefly that you were telling us at the end that Linda really had forgotten, and thought the story was fiction. But that last exchange about Wishes's mother suggested otherwise. (Though I don't understand why Linda would object to Wishes talking to her mother about it.)

Eric

Nicely done

Jamie Lee's picture

It wasn't hard to read chapter after chapter, the plot easy to follow, the characters interesting.

It makes one wonder how a situation like this would be handled in RL, since more would wonder at the lack of history. Thinking something nepharous was on the wind.

Others have feelings too.