The Violinist Chapter 19

Printer-friendly version

It’s been several days since June had her interview. Mike had picked her up at the mall and they went out for lunch. He took the rest of the day off and spent some time together, before heading home.

When they arrived home. They spotted Larry working on the other motorcycle they had bought, before heading to Washington D.C. June knew Larry wanted to keep the motorcycles, which was fine with her.

She had orders for the other items they bought, and she prepared to ship those items. As for the BDSM gear and clothing that wouldn’t fit her, she had buyers for those. Once she had all the items packed and ready to go to the UPS store. She works on other things.

The next few days after that, June started to feel sick. First, it was just a little tickling in the back of her throat and then it proceeds to a runny nose and a dry cough. She starts feeling tired and coughing all the time.

She skips dinner and takes a nice hot shower, so she can breathe better. Mike buys a bottle of NyQuil for June. He knew she prefers to take that, instead of going to the hospital.

Larry fixes some of his famous chicken soup, but June isn’t in the mood to eat it. Which, for her is unusual, because she loves his chicken soup. He carries the soup back to the kitchen and grabs the thermometer in the bathroom, before heading into June’s bedroom.

“Alright, let's see if you have a temp.” He aims it at June’s forehead.

June just glares at Larry as he aims the handheld thermometer at her forehead. He watches as the numbers change on the display.

“Hey, you’re the one that is sick. Also, we know how much of a baby you are when you’re sick.”

“I’m not a baby when I’m sick.” June keeps glaring at Larry.

“Oh, yes you are.” Larry watches as the temperature stops at 100.4F

“You have a slight fever, June.”

“What is it?” June was curious.

“100.4F”

“No, wonder I feel so warm.” June thought it was because of the shower.

“Just stay in bed and if you need anything, just let me or Mike know.”

“Okay.” June reaches for the bottle of NyQuil and takes two shots from it.

She snuggles down under her blankets after taking the shots. She could feel her breathing returning to normal. She closes her eyes and falls asleep instantly.

Larry just smiles and leaves June’s bedroom. He wonders if he and Mike caught the same bug that made June sick. He spots Mike in the living room, watching a movie.

“What was her temperature?” Mike looks towards his husband.

“100.4F” Larry sets the thermometer on the coffee table.

“We’re going to need to keep an eye on her if it persists for the next few days.” Mike was a little concerned.

“I know. She took two shots of NyQuil and passed out.” Larry knew it would put June out for the count while making her feel better.

“I wonder where she caught a cold?” Mike knew the past few days June has been busy packing and mailing packages.

“Probably when she went to the UPS store to send the packages off.” Larry figures that were where she got the cold.

“Or, when she went to the mall, after her job interview.” Mike figures she could have caught a cold from there.

“Well, wherever she caught it. We might have been infected as well.” Larry figures, since June has slept with them these past two days, they could have caught it.

“I doubt, I’m sick. I have a very strong immune system. I also know, if you had it, you would be getting sick right now as well.” Mike just looks at Larry.

“Maybe. Let’s go to bed and see how our wife feels in the morning.”

“Cranky and miserable. You know how June is when she is sick.” Mike turns the television off.

He follows Larry into the bedroom and undresses. The two of them just lay down in bed, with Larry putting his arms around Mike. Larry places a kiss on Mike’s cheek.

Several days later, June is still sick, but her temperature has gone down. Her throat was still sore and could barely talk. She was just laying in her bed, under her covers watching a movie on CBS, when the drawing for the Powerball happens. The numbers show up and she writes them down. She already looked up the Mega-million numbers earlier in the day, but she didn’t check them.

She looks around her bedroom for her purse since that was where she put them. She spots her purse, hanging on the back of her make-up chair. She didn’t want to get out of bed. She was comfortable and warm.

June slides out of bed and walks over to her make-up chair and grabs her purse. She takes it back to her bed with her. She shivers as she lays back down in bed.

June opens her purse and take the tickets out and compare them to the numbers she just wrote down. She notices on the Mega Million, she got three of the numbers, plus the Powerball. When checks the Powerball ticket and a smile appears on her face “Mike, Larry!”

up
155 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Don't tell me...

Samantha Heart's picture

They won Megamillions.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Nope,

you missed a little something near the end.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

3 numbers + power ball

$200.00 hundred dollars.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison