From Boy-Wonder to Batgirl-4-Revealing and Ending

Printer-friendly version

robin banner.jpg
From Boy-Wonder to Batgirl-4-Revealing and Ending
By: Kokopo618

Revealing

Dick stops on the roof of a small café in south Gotham realizing that he can't go to the Batcave because Batgirl doesn't know that place exists. Instead Dick excitedly takes out his communicator, and enters the code that Bruce provided him should he ever need to contact him. Bruce answers.

"Hey Bruce, uh, Batman, I think I'm onto something regarding, the, um, our case. can we meet?"

"Yes, I'll pick you up, I have a place I'd like to show you, where are you?"

Although he's already been, being invited to the Batcave as Batgirl is a thrill, and it solidifies the trust Bruce seems to have for Dick's feminine alter ego, it causes his heart to swell. "I'm at Caitlin's Café. Have you ever been?"

"No."

"Really, we should totally go sometime, um," Dick blushes hearing how he sounds, "It's um, on Morrison Avenue and Snyder Street." Dick turns off his communicator worried he'll further embarrass himself. Suddenly worried about his appearance, Dick takes out a small mirror, and uses the time to fix his makeup.

Soon after the Batmobile appears on the street below. Dick glide down, landing feet away. Bruce stands up and offers a hand to Dick. Dick takes Bruce's hand and is assisted gently into the vehicle. Bruce and Dick take their seats, and the roof lowers and seals above them. Bruce puts on a seat belt, and Dick follows suit, and discovers that his new boobs very much don't enjoy the tightness of the belt. Bruce is silent, causing Dick to get a little nervous.

Dick looks around the car, this is the first time he's been inside. "This is a really cool car," Dick says, trying to interrupt the silence.
robin Car.jpg
"Thank you," Bruce replies.

Dick notices what he assumes is a sun visor, and pulls it down to get a look at himself in the mirror, suddenly concerned that Bruce will see through his feminine guise. An old picture falls from the visor, and lands on Dick's lap. It's a picture of Thomas and Martha Wayne, Bruce's parents. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine," Bruce says, briefly glancing at the photograph, "Those are my parents."

Dick picks up the photo and examines it, "your mother, she's beautiful, I'm so sorry." Dick can feel his face tighten, his eyes begin to well up as he thinks of his own parents. Bruce and Dick both lost their parents before their time. No, he can't cry in front of Batman. "I lost my parents too," Dick says trying to maintain his composure. Then he feels a steady, and reassuring hand on his shoulder. His mind flashes back to the first time he met Bruce, he had felt as though the world was against him, and nothing could be done against the evil of existence, but Bruce was there. Bruce is always there.

The rest of the ride is silent.

"We're here." They arrive at the Batcave, and Dick tries to remember how he reacted the first time he was brought there.

"Wow, it's so big," Dick says looking around as though this is the first time he'd been there. Bruce jumps smoothly out of the car, and again offers Dick hand of assistance. Dick takes his hand, and allows himself to be lifted out of the car, and gracefully land on the cool cave floor. "Thank you."

"And who might this be?" Alfred says, approaching Dick and Bruce.

"Batgirl," Dick says giving Alfred a delicate hand shake, "but Bella is fine too."

"Ah, Bruce has told me much about you, you are are more lovely than he describes."

Dick blushes, we get it Alfred, you're a good actor, "Thank you," Dick says sweetly, showing that he has committed to the role, just as Alfred had taught him.

"You said you discovered something?" Bruce says.

"Yes, um, do you have a computer or something," Dick asks though he knows the answer. Bruce leads him to the Batcomputer. Dick begins typing, taking brief pauses in order to convincingly show that this is his first time operating such a machine. A map of Gotham appears on the large screen, "This is a map of Gotham, here is The Tortoise Anadear," Dick points to the northern part of Gotham."

"We know this," Bruce says eyes trained on the map.

"There's an auction on Sunday, where presumably the kidnapped women will be shown off and sold, but they're not at the club now, so where are they?"

"They could be anywhere in the city."

"The card you got from the owner, what did it say?" Dick asks.

"It had the time of the next meeting, and it promised exotic beauties."

"Exotic beauties? so not from Gotham, how did they get here?" Dick points to the south of Gotham, answering his own question, "The docks, which are almost exclusively the territory of Oswald Copplepot."

"The Penguin. It's a plausible theory, but the club is in the north, and Copplepot's territory it concentrated entirely in the south."

"Just like real penguins," Dick says absent-mindedly, reconsidering his theory.

"What?"

"Real penguins, all species of penguin are found south of the equator, well, except for..." Dick trails off.

"Except for what?"

"Except for Galapagos Penguin, wait a minute. Batcomputer, what is the original translation of Galapagos."

Batcomputer: "Although often incorrectly being associated with a Spanish word for saddles, the name Galapagos originally means tortoise."

"And Anadear?"

Batcomputer: "The Spanish word for waddle."

Dick smiles, "The Tortoise Anadear, The Galapagos Waddle. Penguin named his club after a dancing northern penguin, he's boasting about having a club in the middle of his enemies territories!"
robin Map.jpg
Bruce leans in, further studying the map, "And his hubris will be his downfall. Excellent work, Batgirl, excellent work." Dick's smile widens, he began his heroic journey because Bruce didn't think he was ready, but now he finally was confident that Bruce saw him as he was, a hero.

Of course Dick would have preferred gaining Bruce's approval without becoming Batgirl, wearing makeup, getting a boob job, and delving headfirst into femininity for this role. But then again, it wasn't all bad, he really wore the shit out of that dress. And though he'd never admit it, even to himself, a part of him would miss the way Bruce looked at him now, with a subtle tinge of animal lust. His time as a girl would have to end though, as soon as they stopped the Penguin.

"Penguins is always looking to expand his territory, he's probably using the club as a base to spy on the northern gang leaders," Bruce begins, "and as a way to fund his northern assault, he's begun trafficking girls to the highest bidder. If penguin continue with his plan of expansion, hundreds of people will die in the ensuing gang wars."

"We'll take Penguin down," Dick says trying to sound confident, though the image Bruce paints of war in the streets frightens him.

"Can't. His money has too much sway, the court, cops, and half the city officials would be bought off or threatened."

"Okay, so we take down Penguin later, but tonight, we stop the auction, save the girls, and stop a gang war. Kill three birds with 1 batarang."

Bruce looks down to Dick, "Two batarangs." the acknowledgment making Dick's heart leap, "Now, we have an auction to attend."

"I'll go change, we can meet there," Dick smiles and minces away. Saying bye to Alfred, he borrows a Bat-bike are rides away.

~~~

Dick paces back and forth, back and forth. He looks at his closet again, as if more clothes would appear. When he first discovered his new wardrobe he thought he'd never come close to wearing everything, but now he can't find anything he likes. If this night goes well, if Bruce and him stop the auction, and save the girls, it could very well be the last time Dick appears as a girl, the last time Bruce sees Bella. He's knows it's illogical, but he wants his feminine persona to have a memorable send off. "I have literally nothing to wear," Dick says sighing.

Dick catches a glimpse of himself in a mirror, here he is obsessing over his outfit like a lovesick girl going on a date, his body is being trained everyday to become more womanly, and whether he knows it or not his thinking patterns are following suit. Dick brief moment of reflection is interrupted as he notices a hereto unseen object. It's a garment bag, attached is a note: For a special occasion -Bella. Dick must have set aside this dress during his hormone high, he didn't even notice it before now. Dick unzips the bag, and his jaw drops as he pulls out the sexiest dress he's ever laid eyes on. He can't wait to try it on.

Once the dress is on, Dick is even more awestruck. Dick struggles to even call it a dress, it's more like a collection of barely strung together pieces of fabric, all designed to create the ultimate example of feminine sex appeal. Dick has come a long way from reluctantly wearing women's clothing to now being actively excited about his alluring appearance, but he can't help it. He tells himself that he's only going all out like this because it's potentially one of the last times he'll be in this feminine role and that's true, partially.

After striking a few poses in the mirror, Dick moves on to working on his hair and makeup, he goes for a simple, classy look and by the end he is blown away by the transformation. looking in the mirror, Dick can't see a trace of the boy he used to be. As Dick looks around to see if he's forgetting anything, he suddenly hears his communicator buzzing.
robin club2use.jpg
"Master Dick?"

"Yeah Alfred, what's up, I'm just getting ready."

"We have a small problem, Bruce is insisting on picking up 'Bella,' which obviously present a problem because."

Dick smiles at the idea of Bruce insisting on picking him up, what a gentleman, "Because I'm staying in an apartment he owns. Okay he can pick me up, and I'll just wait in the lobby. Thanks for the heads ups."

"Don't mention it."

"Oh, and Alfred?"

"Yes, Master Dick?"

"What do you think, red lipstick, or something a little more boring?"

"I believe you've answered you're own question, sir."

"Red it is, Thanks Alfred."

"Better head to the lobby soon, ma'am, Bruce is often early."

Dick applies the red lipstick, and presses his lips together, and then opens his mouth with a satisfying pop sound. "Perfect," Dick says to himself, doing a final spin in the mirror. Bruce is going to freak, if only he knew that his sexy date and new crime fighting partner was actually a guy. Dick sighs a sad sigh, realizing that after all this is over, Bruce can never know that Dick was Bella. It makes Dick a little sad that Bruce will not know the truth, but if he did he'd probably disown him, at best. Pushing down his feelings, Dick grabs his purse, and heads for the lobby.

Dick enters the lobby, and sees the large silhouette of Bruce entering the building, but's it's not Bruce.

"Bella, you look amazing," the man says, his voice familiar, but distorted.

"..Bruce?" Dick says, looking at the man, he shared similar features to Bruce, but a different nose, sandy brown hair, and a mustache.

"Matches.. honey," Bruce goes in for a hug, and pulls Dick in close, whispering in his ear, "I figured Bruce Wayne didn't need to be there, as long as we have the card, there's no sense in connecting Bruce, and so I have assumed this character."

Dick takes a second digesting this, and the feeling of Bruce whispering in his ear causing the hair on the back of his neck to stand, "So, groping me like this, is that part of your character?"

Bruce slowly removes his hands from Dick's ass, not without a goodbye squeeze, and then offers an arm to take, "Come on, baby, we don't want to be late."

Dick sighs, but takes Bruce's arm and allows himself to be led outside. Dick can't help but be a little disappointed, he wanted to spend the night with Bruce, not Matches. Even though they were the same person, Dick didn't want Bruce to have any filters. He realized the irony, given that he was the one pretending to be something he wasn't, but when he was with Bruce he didn't feel like he was pretending. In fact, Dick only started feeling like himself when he started going out as Batgirl. Dick takes another look at Bruce, as he opens the limo door for him. Dick has to admit even in disguise, Bruce retains his handsomeness. Dick enters the limo, making sure to not flash any nearby onlookers. Dick is well aware of the sexiness of his long and supple legs as he gracefully swings them in the limo.

"How are you, Miss Bella?" Alfred asks, looking back from the drivers seat.

"I'm well," Dick says smiling, hoping his excitement isn't too noticeable, "and you?

"Splendid," Alfred replies, and Bruce enters the limo, and takes a seat next to Dick, "You know, I drove Bruce to his first date in the very limo."

"Oh really," Dick says looking immediately to Bruce to see if he had an embarrassed look, he didn't.

"Yes, I believe her name was Rachel, or something of that nature. The itinerary was a movie, and then ice cream."

"You really know how to treat a woman, dontcha Brucie?" Dick says, trying to stoke embarrassment out of the stoic man.

"I hope I'm not making you jealous, Miss Bella," Alfred says.

"No, no, I knew Bruce had a history, I've read the tabloids," Dick says, "Not really the one girl type of man.."

The so-far silent Bruce turns to Dick and says, "Depends on the girl."

Dick's heart skips a beat, maybe it was because Bruce suddenly said something, but it had an effect on Dick. Dick returns Bruce's smile.

"Did you bring your suit?"

"In here," Dick says holding up his bag.

"There's a bag of cash over there, put it in to conceal your suit."

Dick reaches over, grabs the bag of cash, "I'm not normally this type of girl," Dick says as he starts putting the bundles of cash into his bag. He sees Bruce briefly break into a grin. Victory.

As they near The Tortoise Anadear club, Dick suddenly gets nervous. What if they saw through his disguise, what would they do, what would Bruce do. Dick suddenly feels very exposed and vulnerable in his dress, he feels out of his depth, like some silly airhead. These fears are pushed away as Bruce offers a hand to help Dick out of the limo. Dick doesn't allow Bruce a shot of his panties, as he exits the limo, there's no way to avoid Bruce from getting an eyeful of his cleavage.

Bruce and Dick approach the bouncers, Dick hasn't seen them before, they must be Penguins men. Bruce keeps a possessive, and firm hand on Dick's waist, teasing the top of Dick's bubble butt. Everyone looking on would know that this fiery redhead is the property of the large man. This Matches character must be dominating with his women. Dick doesn't hate it. It makes Dick feel safe knowing he has a partner that will protect him.

The bouncers asks for their cards, Bruce shows them his, and they are a little cautious about Dick's lack of card. After Bruce does some talking, and Dick flirts a little, the bouncers begrudgingly allow them through. Not wanting any unwanted attention Dick kisses them both on the cheek, this seems to pacify the bouncers, but Bruce seems to pull Dick even closer in, as the walk in. Dick despite himself gets a little excited over the idea that Bruce got a little jealous, but that was probably just in his head. Even still, Dick decides not to use the cheek kissing move for the rest of the night, except for Bruce, if he earns it.

Bruce and Dick are lead to a back room of the club, and told that the auction will begin shortly, and they are encouraged to mingle with the other guests. It's difficult for Dick to polite to human trafficking scum, but he puts on a polite smile, and thanks the host. Bruce and Dick decide that while it will be unpleasant, mingling with the others may provide useful information.

They make their rounds around the room, making small talk, and subtly attempting to gather information. Dick without even noticing it has still not broken physical contact. Sometime Dick hangs off Bruce's arm, sometimes Bruce holds Dick tightly, sometimes it's just by the hand, but they never are without contact. Dick plays the part of a bubbly wealthy socialite. It's an easy role to fall into. Bruce on the other hand is acting nothing like his usual stoic and silent self. He's still charming, and has a magnetic quality to him, but he's simply not the same guy. Dick realizes that although the shift from a boy to a girl is more radical, he hasn't really changed that much at all. He's still himself with slight feminine mannerism, but even those mannerism are becoming natural. Seeing Bruce in character shows Dick that he hasn't really been playing a character at all. Dick's thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a large door opening.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen, It's a beautiful night for an auction isn't it," The Penguin says, waddling into the room and standing behind a podium, and on a overturned crate, "I'm seeing a few familiar faces, and a few news ones. This new face is particularly divine," Penguins says, pointing to Dick. Dick gets nervous, and blushing, being the center of attention is the last thing they want, curse my beauty, Dick thinks. "That face, ohh, that body too, I bet you'd go a couple million, wouldn't ya?" Penguin cackles, the sound distorted by his large, deformed nose.
robin birds use.jpg
Dick is offended and feels disgusted by being so easily sized up, and put a monetary value on, and that Penguin would make light of what is effectively slavery. Dick puts a hand to stop a seething Bruce, his anger is justified, but they can't make a bigger scene. Dick puts on a smile, and giggles. This satisfies Penguin who returns the smile, with an unmistakable look of lust in his eyes. Dick's skin crawls. He knows the effect he now has on men, all too well, but even still something about Penguin's dead cruel eyes undressing him, sizing him up, assigning value, and no doubt imagining all the things he'd do to him, disturbs Dick to his cure. He is again thankful for the presence of Bruce. He knows that Bruce would never let Penguin or anyone take advantage of him, and that thought calms Dick enough to smile politely and take a seat.

As Penguin explains how the auction will be run, Dick plays the part of a bored girlfriend who couldn't care less about her man's work. Dick gets closer and closer to Bruce until he is basically sitting in his lap, his slender arms hanging gently around Bruce's neck, essentially straddling him. Though appearing oblivious, and uninterested, Dick is listening to every word. It is revealed that the girls aren't actually there, they are still being held at the docks. This is because Penguin is selling these girls by the shipping container. Again Dick pushes down his anger and disgust at the people behind this, and tries to focus on the mission. Thankfully Penguin isn't shy about announcing the location of the shipping containers and the number of occupants. Both useful pieces of information that Dick notes.

Earlier Bruce had told Dick to wait for his signal before making their move, the signal turned out to be a sudden kiss on the neck, that caused Dick to let out a brief feminine moan, and a grope of his right breast causing an encore girlish moan of pleasure. Dick takes the "signal" with an eyeroll, and excuses himself to the little girls room.

Another one of Penguins men is guarding the door of the ladies room. Dick approaches the large dark man.

"Excuse me sir, I need to freshen up."

"I'm not supposed to let you in with a bag, sugar," the guard says, not even hiding the fact that's he's staring at Dick's admittedly apparent cleavage.

"Oh, I have my card," Dick says, turning up the bimbo factor a couple notches. Dick pulls out the card he'd grabbed from Bruce while he was straddling him. Dick begins to hold up the card, but then drops it behind him on purpose. Dick bends over, making sure the guard get a generous views of his immaculately rounded rear. Dick slowly comes up, and turns to face the guard with a vapid smile on his face, Dick pouts his lip, "Now can I go in, sir?"

"Sure, sugar, call me Marcus, and holler if you ..need something," the guard says leaving nothing up to the imagination by what he means by needing something. Dick resists the urge to slap this guy, and instead he smiles, and minces into the bathroom with his bag thinking; men are so easy to fool.

Dick, once around the corner immediately unzips his bag, pulls over his dress, and put his Batgirl suit on. While pulling the cowl on, Dick takes special care not to disrupt his hair too much, he'd worked on his hair for too long to screw it up. Dick checks if he smeared any makeup, and after a touch up, he cracks his knuckles. Ready.

"Oh Marcus," Dick says loud enough for him to hear, "I need your help..."

Dick positions around the corner. Marcus eagerly enter the bathroom, "I knew you were down, when you showed off that booty, are you ready to take this big-" Dick cuts the guy off with a blow to the side of the face, knocking the horny man out cold. Dick catches his large body, to not cause too much of a sound. Dick silently exits the bathroom. Thankfully Penguin keeps his guards close to him. Dick is able to see the auction proceeded from a distance. There are four men surrounding Penguin. Dick can't take them out on his own, he needs Bruce.

Dick gets closer, and readies a smoke grenade from his belt. The throws the grenade, and quickly leaps to action, taking down the nearest guard, and smoke envelopes the room. Dick can see the shadow of Bruce join him in the fight, the smoke allowing Bruce to break character unseen. When the smoke clears, the guards are strewn about the room, unconscious. The would-be bidders are scurrying about the room looking for an exit. Those left standing are Batman, Batgirl, and the Penguin.
batsvbird use.jpg
"Batman!" Penguins yells the anger, and hate palpable in his spitting voice, "and who's this bitch?"

This time Dick doesn't stop Bruce. Bruce throws the little man against a wall, beating on him briefly, before he collapses.

"Thank you," Dick says to Bruce, smiling joyfully from victory.

"Anytime. The police are on their way, we should go to the docks."

"Yes, let's go," Dick says, strangely glad that the mission isn't over so soon, "Do you think this will stick to Penguin?"

"Probably not, but it will slow him down, annoy him, certainly. The publicity will have him rethink his northern expansion. You should be very proud, you saved many lives today."

Dick blushes, and is thrilled at Bruce's praise, but still disappointing "But we haven't stopped him?"

"Not tonight. In this line of work you have to take the wins. You did great work."

Dick again blushes, and follows Bruce outside, and into the Batmobile. Bruce and Dick ride to the docks. They find the women where Penguin said they'd be, they are unguarded, chained up like livestock, in shipping containers. Bruce and Dick split up to release the girls. Dick is horrified by the sight of women, who frankly look like him, being so dehumanized. He pushes his fear away, and releases them all with haste. The police arriving on the scene soon after every woman is released. Bruce and Dick watch the girls being assisted by the police from a far. The girls will be returned to the families, some in other countries, other states, and some local. The girls are safe, a gang war has been avoided, and Penguin has been dealt a significant blow. Bruce reminds Dick of the accomplishment, but Dick still feels unsatisfied. Perhaps it's the fact that this will likely be the last time, he and Bruce will work together in a while. Dick had already decided that after this would settle, he'd lay low, until he can reverse his boob job, and return as Dick. And he still wanted to do that, but...

Bruce interrupts Dick's thoughts, apparently he needs to leave, but he leans in telling Dick to meet on the roof of Caitlin's Cafe in an hour, whispering, "We have something of great import to discuss."

Dick worries for a second. Great import? Does that mean Bruce knows? And then something inside Dick clicks.

Ending

Dick looks out to the skyline. It's nearing sunrise. Gotham is a uniquely un-beautiful city, but during sunrise Gotham is beautiful. Dick remembers the romance novel he's reading. There was a scene like this, at sunrise. In the Book, the scene is quite dramatic, as most of the scenes in the book are. The sunrise represents a new beginning, a calm after a storm, blossoming love. Dick knows it's not a terribly original concept, the figurative use of sunrises have been done to death in all mediums, and yet Dick remembers crying at the scene. Hopefully this scene will go differently.

Dick hears a quiet rustling behind him, Bruce is here, right on time. Dick doesn't turn, instead he lets Bruce approach him from behind.

"It's a gorgeous view, isn't it?" Dick says sweetly.

"Sometimes I get so focused on the mission, I forget to appreciate the beauty..." Bruce says, his voice not as gravely and stoic as usual. Although they are discussing the view, Dick can tell that Bruce's eyes are trained on him, and not the sunrise, "The view is breathtaking."

The hair on the back of Dick's neck stands up, It's a strange feeling, Dick's never felt very special, but now with Bruce, he feels beautiful.

"You knew the whole time didn't you?" Dick turns and looks up to Bruce, trying to face the situation head on. He's terrified.

"Not the whole time, Alfred sent you on your journey without telling me," Bruce says with no clear emotion displayed on his face.

"When did you know?" Dick says still scared of how this encounter will end. He will probably disowned, Bruce probably thinks he's a sissy freak.

"You took my bike, used my caches, lived in my apartment, used my money to buy a whole new wardrobe. I have trackers, sensors, cameras, and-"

"You don't have any cameras in the apartment, do you?" Dick interrupts fearing that Bruce has been watching him feminize himself, not to mention his adventures in pleasuring himself.

Bruce doesn't answer, but continues, "I tested your blood, remember, and it matched the blood of Dick Grayson, though the hormone levels were that of a healthy young woman."

"I'm not a woman," Dick says weakly, it's a hard line to deliver when every indication points to the contrary.

Bruce ignores Dick's defense, "And then of course, I saw you at the club, I recognized you immediately, you were stunning."

Dick blushes despite himself, but the compliment puts him a little at ease, "You knew, but you acted like you were trying to pick me up, you were just playing with me, weren't you?"

"I admit it was enjoyable watching you squirm and mince around in that tight little dress."

Dick's blush deepens. He feels a tingle go down his spine, and his nipples harden, "The Batman, playing around? Isn't that a little out of character."

"I find myself doing many out of character things around you," Bruce says. Why is Bruce talking to me like this, he knows I'm a guy, but he's still flirting with me. And why am I going along with it? Why do I like it? "You chose the name Bella of all names, why?"

"Oh do you like it? I was originally going to chose Vagina Grayson," Dick replies unable to resist using his flirty feminine talents.

Bruce laughs at the joke, a strange sight in his intimidating Batman costume.

"First you're playing, and now you're laughing, a lot of firsts for you, huh?"

Bruce grins looking down at the effeminates former boy. Bruce looks for any trace of the male apprentice he trained, but finds none. Bruce only sees a curvaceous, and busty red head squeezed in a skin tight suit, he sees his tastefully made-up face, and his wet inviting lips, oh those lips. "Speaking of firsts..."

Bruce leans down, but is stopped by Dick's dainty hand on his pushing gently against his chest.

Oh my god, Dick thinks, he's about to kiss me, he thinks I wanted to be a girl, no I'm a boy, I'm a boy. Dick's eyes meet Bruce's. Suddenly his mental protests falter, "...wait," He says meekly, his eyes dropping to the ground. His eyes look back up, "Oh, Batman..."

"Batgirl.. I have waited long enough," Bruce leans in again, and with greater intent. Dick's hand moves from Bruce's chest to around his neck. He parts his soft lips, and stands on the tips of his toes. The next sensation is the satisfying pressure of Bruce's warm lips on his, Dick closes his eyes, opening his mouth to accept Bruce's exploring tongue. Waves of pleasure reverberate throughout Dick's femininized body, electrifying his nerves, and unlocking deeply repressed feelings.

Bruce gently pulls Bella closer by the waist, and Isabella Grayson, The Batgirl, swoons in the firm embrace of her love.

"Holy hot lips, Batman!"

robin final use.jpg
THE END

Epilogue:
Bella glides to her apartment window, she stealthily opens the window, and enters. She sighs a satisfied sigh, and removes her cowl. She sashays into her apartment, humming to herself, her mind swimming with happiness. Her mind flashes to the memory of Bruce and her on that rooftop. She picks up her phone, one new message: Hello Bella, this is Dr. Tommy Elliot, personally asking for confirmation of your appointment. Sexual reassignment surgery is a life-changing operation, it would be totally understandable if you reconsidered. If you're ready to take the leap, text confirm.
Dick puts down his phone, and takes a seat. He runs a hand through his hair, and looks out the window. Bella picks up the phone, and begins typing.

Author's Note: Ohhh boy, a romantic ending, and an ambiguous epilogue, you gotta love it. And I hope you did love the end of the story. I don't have a sequel planned, but who knows. Do you want more? was this good? Do you have an idea for a sequel? You tell me. Comment. And truly thank you so much for reading, I appreciate it very much. Shout out to Laika and Amethyst who correctly guessed the identity of the villian.

up
80 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Everything but the big fight scene with Bane

laika's picture

Who I was expecting to find waiting for them down at the docks, but that probably would've been superfluous. The main thing is they saved the girls, and began what could prove to be a beautiful romance.

I usually don't ship Dick and Bruce, their relationship is so father/son that it seems too damn close to incest (Not to mention Bruce's ward is usually a lot younger than the 20 he was here, which would just be sick and definitely not Comics Code Authority Approved!). But with the buildup of Dick's increasing attraction over the course of the 4 parts, all those alien lustful thoughts popping unbidden into his/her head; it seemed inevitable once Bruce expressed similar feeling. Bruce's big problem with women has always been the secret identity thing (he and Catwoman seem like a wonderful fit, the chemistry is there... except that she's a criminal and he's a crimefighter so that's not gonna work), but secret identities and Bruce's having to disappear on his date during the 2nd act of the Opera to go stop some supervillain won't be an issue now that he and Bella are partners in every way.

The auction scene was effectively creepy seen through Bella's eyes, and Oswald was as loathsome, disgusting and crass as I've ever seen him. Aside from his deformities and penguin schtick he's pretty much nothing but a gangster, not the usual loonie-tunes who just want to blow shit up and kill people in some theatrical way that Batman goes up against, so he seemed like a good fit for this story's villain. Just a lucky guess on my part...
~hugs, Veronica

A satisfying end

Amethyst's picture

Everything was tied up nicely and Bella and Bruce seem likely to become a super couple. I'd love to see more, but as endings go it satisfied all the needs and left me as a reader with a good feeling about the story. You also captured the feel of the comics and all of the colorful characters well, though Dick felt more like he did as Nightwing to me than when he was Robin, but that makes sense with him being older and wanting to prove himself.

I may not be the world's greatest detective, but I was a huge fan of the batman comics and you left a few tasty clues. As soon as the bird's eye view thing was mentioned it all clicked in my head, much as it did for Bella herself.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Dr. Elliot...

Enemyoffun's picture

I'm not sure I'd want him as my surgeon, he's one messed up dude. Do I smell sequel?

Very early

Podracer's picture

That's how early you'd have to get up - never mind a Gotham City dawn - to get one past the Batman. I just wonder how much was shared with Alfred? Anyway, good stuff :)

"Reach for the sun."

Fun little romp

Nyssa's picture

I was a little late getting to this story, but I really liked how it was structured and all the little surprises, and the artwork was really good. It's not easy to tie up such a complete tale as concisely as you did. Thanks for sharing this, I'd love to read your next story - sequel or otherwise.

I guessed penguin as well but

KateElizabethSuhr13's picture

I guessed penguin as well but probably was late on it though I made the guess on chapter 2 or 3 before reading the last chapter here. I also recognized the name of Dr. Thomas Elliot who of course is Hush and often is known for mimicking Bruce.

Would love some sequels. Could have a crossover with batman and Robin from a universe where Dick became Robin and Barbara Gordon became Batgirl. That could be interesting to read. 2 Dicks (one now Bella Batwoman and the other Robin) and 2 Batgirl (one is dick/Bella and the other Barbara) and of course 2 batman both Bruce of course.

Also you could introduce other villains like two face or riddler or everyone's favorite the joker though preferably no Batgirl getting paralyzed.