Aftermath 4

Printer-friendly version


Aftermath pt 4

Yet again a dream or vision or what ever it was started again. This time I was waiting in line I was wearing a cap and gown. It was my graduation. I was standing between Carl Forsythe and Matt Bowers. As with most all graduations they wanted us seated boy, girl, boy, girl. As I stood their on my maroon graduation gown. It was adorned with a pair of gold ropes. I was a distinguished graduate.

Where I never was as a boy. The large scar on my left arm has faded nicely. My high heeled feet showed under my gown. My toenails as were my finger nails painted school colors of maroon and white.

I had worn a knee length dark blue dress, for some special reason that I couldn't remember.

Just then I felt a tap on my shoulder. Matt motioned behind him. My best friend and adopted sister Mallory was behind him.

“Can you believe it?” She said, “We finally made it. We are out of here. Off into the world of higher education.”

“Don't remind me.” I said.

Just then we heard the band start playing, pomp and circumstance. The line began to move. We walked out into the football stadium, and filled the chairs on the field. Looking around the stands where full of people, The seats on either side of the graduates where full. As where the temporary bleachers placed on either end of the field. As we began filling the center section of seats. I noticed that Mom and Dad, my adoptive parents and Mallory's real parents were sitting on the seats to the left of the stage.

Along with my grandparents who came up from Florida. After the Pledge of Allegiance. It began, the stage was full of school staff, members of the school board, the mayor, But out of place was an Air Force Maj General and a Colonel.

The principal started with her speech. Then the mayor then the school board president. Finally the class president made his speech. Followed by the presentation. We took turns as the rows stood and proceeded to the stage. I was nervous as hell, as we got to the stage. I had my name and accomplishments on a piece of paper. Looking at the paper again the first and middle name was not visible, only my last name. Like in all my dreams my name was written but not visible to me. Finally it was my turn. I handed my name to my counselor.

She smiled and gave me a hug. “Congratulations, _________”

Again my name was not heard. “Thanks,” I smiled.

Then she announced, “ ____________ ___________ West. Top Honors. 4.0 GPA.

I walked up. Did the old take, shake and make. But when I did the crowd went nuts. cheering and hollering. For some reason I did a curtsy. Then returned to my seat. Upon finishing the principal stepped up the the mic again.

“Before we finish and graduate all these fine young ladies and gentlemen. May I present, Major General Mark Mcintyre and Colonel James Robins from the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO.”

Thank, you, Mrs. Springdale.” The General started. “I am the Commander of the Air Force Academy and Col Robbins, Commander of registration. At any of the military Academies. We look for the best, Not only academically but personality, extra curricular, and that special something that will make a good military Officer.”

“Normally we take applications, with letters of recommendations for entrance into the Air Force Academy. Rarely do we even look at anyone who doesn't apply but this time was different. I received a letter from not only Mrs. Springdale, but from Mrs. James, Mr. Archer, Miss Workmann, and Mr. Marks. About a special individual who over came death and a life changing event to become stronger and more eager than ever before.”

I listened intently as I wondered whom this person was, hopefully someone I knew
Col Robins took the mike. “This student has the grades, ambition and drive to become an outstanding United States Air Force Officer. May I have our local recruiter, Tsgt Mayes Bring the student to the stage.”

I knew Tsgt Mayes he was my recruiter. I had also shown interest as a girl in the Air Force. I had planned on joining in the fall.

Looking around I saw Tsgt Mayes come out of the crowd and march down the center isle. He was a Security Police before his stint as a recruiter. His dress blues where sharp as a pin. Just like I keep mine. He made a right face and marched right down our isle. Shocked he stopped right in front of Carl Forsythe.

Tsgt Mayes leaned over to me, “ _________ West, would you accompany me, Ma'am” He said as He held out his hand.

Not knowing what was going on, confused. I took his hand. He escorted me to the stage up next to the General and Colonel. He saluted and went to the back of the stage. All the while my whole class along with the spectators where on their feet cheering. I myself didn't know what was going on. As I stood their my grandparents and mom and dad where also escorted to the stage by other air force personnel.

What in the hell was going on. I thought. The General and Col shook hands with my family, including Mallory who was also brought to the stage.

“Miss _______ West, you have endured traumatic events these past 11 month. Losing your family. You have embraced a new family. In spite of all that has happened to you and with missing the first two weeks of school. You proceeded to achieve not only a 4.0 GPA.” The General Said.

“ You excelled in extra curricular activities, along with taking care of your own health. You have over come adversity, and yet you continued to make the best of a tragic experience. Tsgt Mayes has indicated that you have discussed joining the United States Air Force. We are here to offer you a step better. We feel that you have the drive and ability to become more.”

I stood there in awe of what is happening.
“I want to personally offer you, Miss Brie Anna Lynn West.” The general continued.

Wait a minute. He said a name. Brie Anna Lynn West. Then it hit me that was my name, or the girl in my dreams name, Brie Anna Lynn West.

“A full scholarship to the United States Air Force Academy. You have indicated to Sgt Mayes that you have in interest in flight. So this scholarship is also for the Academy flight school. You will be able to learn to fly some of the United States most advanced aircraft.”

Thinking, I was Maj Brie Anna Lynn West. I was a United States Air Force pilot. I was assigned to 4th Special Operations Squadron. I fly the AC-130U gunship. I was the only female qualified to fly the gunship. Remembering I was given this opportunity because I graduated top of my class at the academy and at flight school.

The General gave me choice of assignments. I chose AC-130 pilot. Am I Tsgt Marcus West, an US Air Force combat controller. Things in these visions or dreams or what ever they where seemed to follow my life just about as I remember it but life as if I was a girl.

“General McIntyre” I said in a shaky scared voice. “I would be proud to become a United States Air Force Pilot, I accept”

With that the whole stadium went crazy at the announcement.

“Welcome to the United States Air Force” The General said shaking my hand as did the Col. I received a hug from my family, and either a hug or hand shake from all of the people on the stage. I got a sharp salute from Tsgt Mayes. It felt so good.
It all began to fade out. As my eyes began to flutter. Was I waking up, could be. Then I began to dream again.

All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them.

up
140 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That's the big question,

That's the big question, which one is the dream.

Things are getting complicated

Samantha Heart's picture

At first before the experiment she/he was just a TSgt, now in this dream... she is a Maj a gun ship piolt. So what is actually true? When he/she wakes up will it be as a Major or a Tech Sargent?

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Dreamlike

Nyssa's picture

I especially like all the little things you've done to make it seem like we are experiencing the dream.

Which Twilight Zone episode is this?

Jamie Lee's picture

This seems like an episode of the Twilight Zone, where the person narrates the story but the viewer has to watch to the end before knowing what's real or the dream.

Has something happen to Marcus during the experiment? Something which has changed him to become a her? Or are his dreams hidden desires he's had for years?

Others have feelings too.