Helen's Diary: New Shoes

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary,

This is my first entry. I'm not realy sure how to get this started so imma just dive in.

My name is Helen Rodriguez. Not Ellen. Not El. If you call me Lenny i swear now that you know i will find you and throw you in front of a literal rogue bus going 200mph (322kph) and watch you liquefy... Sorry. I get a little heated when people are being assholes. Yah know? Now that i think about it I'm doing a fabulous job considering i live in a bible belt.

Anyway, in case you didn't notice, I'm transgender. Well at least questioning. Ps sorry if i ramble a lot. (Note to self: rearrange before posting) Remember when i said i live in a bible belt? Well my family is Suuuuuuuuuuuuuper religious. As in "God hates gays" and well lets just keep it pg13. Hey my first meta joke... i think. Sorry my train derailed.

Ooh! Now i remember. The other day my mom asked me to go to the store for her and get her a new pair of running shoes. She gave me all the specifics. Well all except shoe size. I myself am a size 9 (40EUR) UGH I know my feet are giant. The best thing about the store is that it not only is 60 miles away 4 towns over but that they have a no return policy.

Any who, mom sends me to get her shoes: Black body with pink nike decal. They are on sale for little less than $90. Now my mom has a very small foot in contrast to me. Here's where it gets interesting. I bought a size9. She's a size 6. Not noticably different but i asked the counter girl if she could put the shoes i bought in a size 6 (37EUR) box. I was smiling the whole way home. Now as "punishment"for getting my mom the wrong size, these are my new shoes.

up
95 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Giggling now.

WillowD's picture

No. Let me correct that. Seriously giggling now. In fact, I probably would be rolling on the floor laughing if it wouldn't make my cat look at me funny.

Thanks for writing this.

Thank you

It gets realy hard sometimes when i write because i have the same fears Helen has in a conservative town. When we get to do something girly, it takes all of our willpower to put on our protest in hopes to stay in the shadows.

Sneaky

Jamie Lee's picture

What's the best undercover way to build a wardrobe? Buy the wrong size every time.

Others have feelings too.

The irony

This is actually based on a true event. I just happened to buy all black androgynous women's shoes. The only one who noticed was the stock clerk when i was trying them on. The cashier just thought they were for my mother. Oddly enough, everyone at home is still unaware that my shoes were made for women.

Most of Helen's girl clothes were an "accident"