Helen's Diary: Meet Jo

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary,

I have been mentioning Jo a lot for the past couple of weeks. I notice that i never properly introduced you to her (or is it her to you). I have been debating whethee or not to write about her because well, she's like my sister and i want to do everything i can to protect her. Without further ado, this is how i met Jo.

Joseph Tyler Greene was born on October 1st 2003 in Placerville Jefferson en route to the hospital. His mother Delilah and his father Bill were a very well off family. (Bill had discovered a large oil deposit while digging a new well so they could be self sufficient and not worry about water when times got tough such as a drought or...um... actually thats pretty much all i can think of at the moment, I'm starting to wonder among other things why they were digging a well in the first place they lived right outside the city limits they could easily tap into the water supply exiting the sewage treatment center not even a quarter mile from their front door. (Please don't comfuse Placerville, Jefferson with Placerville California as they are on opposite ends of the country.))

Anyway so yeah the Greenes are loaded. Maybe somewhere between Melania Trump and Michael Cohen. The get a sizable check in the mail. The one thing they do differently than most millionaires is that they are the most levelheaded people i have ever met... well not technically in person but thats another story.

Back to Joseph. Ever since he could talk, his parents could tell he was not like the other boys. One time when he was 5, he had friends over for a playdate. Lillian, Jacob, and Melody were close but really only friends by proximity as their parents were neighbors and Delilah would sometimes be asked to babysit. One time when Jacob was home sick, Lilian and Melody brought over a two dolls each. Delilah wanted to experiment with the childrens interests so she set out a video game aimed at both genders to entice the girls to play with Joseph. Well Joseph didn't want to play the video game as it didn't appeal to him. He instead insisted the girls help him make a makeshift dollhouse so that they could play with him. This was one instance that really started the wheels turning on the Greene family's dynamic.

When Joseph was 8 years old he decided to come out to his parents. To say they were suprised would be a tremendous act of the upmost disrespect. I think that means that they would be offended and take actions (lawsuit?) against you. When they asked little Joseph how he(now she) would like to be called, she told them to just call her "Jo. You know, like that one Helen Hunt Character from the movie about the tornado chasers with that cutie Bill Paxton who dressed like a badass instead of a wearherman and the hot asshole Jonas (all when they were younger of course)(now you see why she's my rock) not Josephine not Jolene not Jocelyn or anything like that just two letters J-O i like my name but Joseph is for a boy Jo can be anyone even a girl yeah especially a girl and thats why i want to be Jo im not losing my name you won't get confused and i won't need to correct you when you get it wrong as you already call me Joe just drop the E... (takes deap breath)"

While her mom and dad were supportive, she went on HRT (hormone replacement therapy for those that dont know though im pretty sure thats a small percentage in a place like this... well maybe it was nescessary... IDK now ya know), the community was not. It didn't matter that they were prominent members of the PTA, they were shunned and eventually, to prevent the school from closing down, Bill decided to move the family as far away from there as he could think. They changed Jo's records to reflect her prefered gender, asked if she wanted "her body to reflect her mind" (get bottom surgery), they were on the first flight to Croatia (first class of course). They spent a year there until they were certain they would be welcome in any comunity with nobody knowing about the events that transpired over the last 2 years. When they returned to the US, they moved down the street from me.

I met Jo about two years ago and seeing as we were both outcasts, she was still quirky as ever (its pretty much a given that you guys know this by now) (i really need to stop using parentheses... hey am i the only one that sees the irony of "You can't spell Parentheses without Parent" though it's more funny than ironic... i think... i hope... oh well) safe to say we became instant friends. Last month, i came out to Jo. Can you imagine the look on her face when i spilled my guts to her, she never would have ever guessed. She was so impressed by my courage, she swore that she would keep my secret to the grave. Well being my rock, she felt it not only necessary but an obligation to tell me her story. And that's the story of Jo Taylor Greene.

Of course she didn't know i would ever write about it so if you ever see her PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE don't tell her i said anything.

Jo, my confidante, my gift from the heavens, my best friend, my sister, i love you and i hope you forgive me. After all you were the one who told me be brave, be bold, and most importantly you taught me its better to speak your mind than to let it drive you crazy. So really its your fault. I did learn from the best.

Ps. Bill, Delilah, if you're reading this, please dont sue me (i changed your names and where you've lived)

up
61 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

well written

This has become one of the stories I read as soon as it appears.

I'm glad

You not only enjoy reading about Helen but you look forward to her next entries. Thanks for the comment.