Amber pt 10

Printer-friendly version

Amber pt 10

A Kymmie Verse story

So me and Greg are sitting in the living room with Karla, her nose in a book as always. We heard the door open. The only one that was out was Kelsey.

“ Kels is that you?” Greg asked.

“ Yeah, Dad.”

Kelsey walked into the living room with a friend. “ How many this week, Kar?” She asked Karla.

“ Seven and” She looked at the book in her hand, “3/4”

“ And it is only Wednesday”

“ Mom, Dad, This is my girlfriend Brooklynn. She's going to sleep over tonight.”

“ OK” both Greg and I said together.

Just before they walked away. I gave Kelsey the What about your, UH Hum. Look.
Kelsey just gave a slight nod. The went down to Her and Kalley's room. Kalley was at science camp. There was something about Brooklynn and Kelsey that seemed out of place. A feeling nothing bad, almost like me and Greg feel for each other.
Greg actually asked me about it once we went to bed. “It is like the feeling we have for one another. Could Kelsey and Brooklynn have the same love we feel.”

“ Could be, love has no gender barriers. If that is what they feel. I am happy for them.”

Yeah, me too, they do make a cute couple” Greg commented.

Yeah, they do don't they.”

We turned in, cuddling in the nude still. I woke with Greg's alarm. As he showered I started Breakfast. I didn't go in to work till noon. So I even made the girls Breakfast. About quarter to 9 I heard Kelsey and Kalley's shower start. Her and Brooklynn must be up. I finished cooking and began serving just about the time I heard Kendra banging and yelling. “ Kelsey would you quit hogging all the hot water.”
I had to giggle because We had tankless water heaters put in each of the full bathrooms. So they have independent hot water systems.
About a minutes later, I heard Kelsey bang and holler back.” There happy, the hot water is all yours”

I just giggled. To think those are my girls.

Finishing I called. “ Kelsey, Brooklynn, Kennedy, Kendra, Karla breakfast is ready”

Karla was first, book in hand. She plopped down in her seat. Resumed reading. Then Brooklynn and Kelsey came in giggling.
“ Bacon, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, toast and juice.” I said.

“ Sounds good” Kelsey said.

“ Yeah, sure does.” Brooklynn added.

“ Smells good, Mom” Kennedy said as she came in.

Serving Karla, “ what have I told you about reading at the table, young lady” I scolded.

“ Do not read while you are eating” Karla said.” but I was not eating.”

“ Well you know what I meant, Karla Mystique Reid.”

“ Uh, Oh, full name that means business.” Kennedy said. Taking a mouth full of eggs.

“ You know it, Kennedy Ghost Reid.”

“ sleep well, Brooklynn ?”

“ Brook slept great because she had my company” Kelsey boasted.

All of the sudden Kennedy, started coughing.

“ Problems, Kennie”

“ Nope not at all. Just choked a little.”

“ Yes, I did sleep well.” Brook said.

“ Is there any left,” Kendra came in with a towel wrapped around herself and one draped around her shoulders.”

“ Kendra, why are you coming to breakfast like that? I asked.

“ I didn't want to miss anything, plus it is only girls here anyway. And Kelsey was hogging all the hot water”

I just shook my head, and grabbed another plate from the cupboard. “ Kendra, each bathroom has its own on demand water heater.”

“ So Kelsey introduce your friend to your sisters.”

“ Oh, pardon my bad, Sisters this is my girlfriend, Brook.” Kelsey said sarcastically,” Brook these are my sisters.”

Kelsey smiled as I gave her the 'mother' look.

“OK, Mom.” Kelsey started. “ This is Kendra, Kennedy, and Karla.” pointing in turn. “ the only ones missing is Kalley, Who looks like me. Keely,
and Keira, they look just like Karla.”

“ Wow, I heard there are identical quadruplets at School, But to see you all together blows my mind.” Brook said. Kendra, Kelsey and Kennedy just looked at each other. “ Identical, HA, I am the best looking.” Kennedy said.

Oh, crap not again.” Karla said “ Thanks Mom for breakfast, but I am outta here. Before I need to start swimming.”

Brook must have given a weird look. Because on the way out the door. She whispered in Brooks ear, “ The shits getting deep.”
Brook broke out laughing. Which caused the others to join in.

Kelsey noticed Brook had finished. “ Ready to head out”

“ Yeah, Thanks for breakfast, Mrs. Reid. It was great”

“ Anytime, Brook.” I answered.

As I cleaned up. I still felt that vibe from Brook and Kelsey. It is the same kind of love me and Greg feel.
I got ready for work. I did noon to 6 shift today. It was a fairly normal day.
I was the last to leave, after setting the alarm. I headed to my Aviator. Traffic wasn't too bad. Rush hour was starting to wind down. I walked into the house to the aroma of tetrazini cooking. Kennedy had done dinner. Sitting down with Greg, Keira, Kendra, Keely, Kennedy and Karla.

Greg cleaned up the dishes putting them in the dishwasher.
They retired to the living room to watch a little TV.

“ So, did you do any thinking about Kelsey and her girlfriend?” Greg asked.

“ I did actually, We had breakfast this morning.”

“and”

“ I felt the same feeling we did last night. I do think they are like us.”

“ You do.”

“ Yes, I do.” I said.

“ Well let's talk to her about it.”

“ OK”

Quarter after 10 we heard Kelsey's Buick pulling in. 10 minutes later she came in.

“ Kelsey, Is that you.” I called as soon as she came in.

“ Yeah, Mom.”

Kelsey came into the family room.

“ Have a seat” Her dad said.

Sitting on the couch, very lady like, sitting up straight, her legs crossed at the knee and her hands together on her thighs. “What's up?” Kelsey questioned.

“ We have been talking about you and your new girlfriend” I said.

“ Yeah, What about?”

“ Well, as you know me, you, Kennedy, and Keira are not normal females.”

“ Yes, I have known that for years. What about it?”

“It seems to us that you and Brook maybe more than friends. Am I right.” Greg said.

“ What makes you think that?” Kelsey inquired.

“ Even though I saw you both just a little bit last night. Then your Mom noticed it this morning. Just the way you where looking at her and she at you. They way you two talked. Just some subtle clues.”

“ Well, yes. We are more than friends. I felt something strange last night coming home. And I know it wasn't my car. She felt it too. Then when we kiss it is like fireworks. The feeling we both felt was deep inside here.” Kelsey said touching the middle of her chest by her heart. “ I never felt this way about anyone before.”

Looking at each other, “ Are you sure, you are both girls”

“ We talked about that and came to the conclusion that love is love, whether we are both girls or not”

“ What about your, uh hum” Greg asked.

“ Oh, she knows about that. But doesn't mind. She also knows about my skills”

Shocked, “ She knows? About both.?” I asked.

Kelsey explained how they met at the old nature center. About the men and what she had to do.”

“ OK, Do you think it could be rescuer admiration.?”

“ I don't think so, Then why would I have feelings and not just Brook?”

“ Does she know about your sisters and their skills.

“ No, I never said a word about that. Also nothing about Keira and Kennedy either.”

“ Well your mother thought that this may be the case. Call it mothers intuition. We just wanted to check.”

“ How do you feel right now about Brook? I asked.

“ well a sense of yearning, maybe. I miss being with her. “

“ You get used to that. We had the same feelings for each other when we first met. The longing for one another. As long as I got to see your
Mother at least once a day We where OK. It was murder when I was TDY.” Taking my hand. “ At times it still is hard being away from one another.”

“So, you don't mind if I am in a relationship with another girl.?”

“ As long as you are happy. That is all we ever want for you and your sisters.” Greg said.

“ Thanks, Mom, Dad.” Kelsey said giving each of us a hug. “ I love you”

“ Love you, too.” We both said.

Kelsey went off to her room.

“ Just as we thought.” Greg said.

“ Yeah, we now know one of our daughters in law.” I joked.

“ Yep, let's hope they wait until they are out of school to give us a grandchild.”

“ We can wait for a little while to become grandparents” We both laughed.

“ yeah.”

Friday was an easy day. It actually was slow at the clinic. I took off at 3.

Greg takes me out Friday's been doing it for years. I was all of us at first. Now just the two of us. We changed every week. One week it would be Rallys the next could be Red Lobster.
Tonight We decided to take Greg's Suburban. Even though it is mostly a trail truck it is street legal. Just barely. We decided to go down to the Mc Donalds down in Dearborn Heights, done in a nostalgia style. It is a cruising hang out. Being Friday night there were a lot of custom cars out. Me and Greg pulled in. You can hear us coming from a mile away, the sound the Mud tires made. Parking we went in an ordered.

As normal we sit where we can see what ever drove that day. The burb gets its far share of looks. Not everyday you see a dark green 68 GMC Suburban on 40” mud tires. Sitting as low as it is. It was designed to articulate running 40” tires and not going over a 4”-6” lift. It tucks the tires in the fenders. Bullet proof dana 60s front and rear. 18K Warn winch front and rear. Both on its own pair of batteries. Auxiliary lighting on all for sides, and full under body rock lights. Full roll cage. Sliders, Heavy duty bumpers and body armor. The 572 cubic inch Big Block Chevy was built by Jeff. It is a stump puller. We took our time eating then hung out in the parking lot for about a half hour. We then took a couple laps on Telegraph rd Then headed home. We have a ball out cruising. At times, when we are out we see Kelsey out in her supercharged GS convertible, or her 65 Buick. She is a member of the Street Knights. A very prestigious club. Tonight she is working at her rink. She normally closes on Fridays, then heads up here for some fun.

up
120 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So you are going to interweave

Wendy Jean's picture

the two stories as if they are one? I feel this is a mistake, I am enjoying the story though.

Kelsey was the first, then I

Kelsey was the first, then I decided to do a prequal and started Amber. Being Mother and Daughter it will interweave some. Because both were there. I thought it was relative. But I will rethink some of the duplicate parts.

Kymmie

Enjoying

I enjoy this and the Kelsey series like they way intertwine is there going to be anymore Kelsey stories