Life in the city - Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

I wanted to die, it was all my fault for rushing through the store without taking a better look, I went through all I the clothes trying to find which ones where the most manly of the bunch, if Eliza were here she would be laughing so hard at me, these are the kind of dumb things that always happen to me when I try to act cool, it always somehow comes back at me, making me look like like a fool, I was at least glad that Leah hadn’t found out or she probably would also had laughed at me, in her mind I was still cool, or that’s what I wanted to believe.

I picked up the clothes that looked more androgynous, thinking I could pull off wearing them until I went to buy new ones, I was in the middle of doing this when Carla came to my room.

“Heard that someone finally got out of this room” she said as she came in.

Fuck, I thought. I was still wearing the V neck shirt, hope she doesn’t notice it.

“And you got new clothes it seems” she said checking me out “It’s not what I thought your look was, I hope Leah didn’t push you into buying something you didn’t want”.

I’m pretty sure she thinks these are boy’s clothes.

“Not at all, it was all me, I just picked up the first things that I found on the store” I replied confident that it was androgynous enough to pull it off

“Well they look nice, I guess that’s how the kids your age are dressing now” she said taking a closer look “I’m out of touch with your generation”.

I laughed “Nah, I’m sure you’re more in touch with my generation than my parents are”.

That comment made her laugh.

“Well I’m glad you finally got out, I hope it becomes a habit” She said. “Goodnight Dan”

She left the room. I was almost sweating in nervousness, I wasn’t really sure if she really thought these were boy clothes or if she has just assumed I was into girl’s clothes.

I arranged all the new clothes and got to bed, hoping the next day I could make a trip to the store and return at least some of them.

Knock, knock

I was barely awake as I heard the knocks on my bedroom door.

“Come in” I said, thinking it was Sandra coming for my clothes.

I was wrong, Leah came in with two coffees in her hand, she came to sit on the border of my bed and gave me one of the coffees.

“What time is it?” I asked, still sleepy and confused.

“Time to wake up Dani” She said as she insisted with her arm for me to take the coffee.

I sat, and took the coffee, it was too early for me, mostly since I had gotten used to staying asleep longer than it would be normal. I sipped the coffee.

“So, I got an intersting call from my mom last night, and since I didn’t have much to do this morning I decided to come here and see for myself what was she talking about” Leah finally said.

I almost fainted, wishing it was still a dream, or more accurate a nightmare.

“And what are you referring to?” I said trying to act cool.

“Ok Dani, if you’re going to act cool about it then I’m going to assume that you didn’t made a mistake and that you actually like wearing women’s clothes, is that what you want me to think?” Leah said going directly to the point.

“It was a mistake!” I said way too loud.

She chuckled, and then came up to my closet.

“And you tried to act cool in front of my mother, while wearing women’s clothes” She said as she inspected the new clothes.

“I did” I shyly replied. “I kinda thought some might actually be for both boys or girls” I added, one more time trying to be cool about it.

“Some of them yes, I think” She said while holding out the jeans her mom caught me wearing.

“Put these on” she said as she handed them to me.

15 minutes later I was showing her how I was dressed when her mom came in last night. We both laughed about it.

“Damn, Dani, you really can pull off the androgynous look, I’m starting to think you should actually keep some of these” Leah said while sipping her coffee.

“I don’t think so Leah” I said while staring at the mirror.

I noticed a smirk on her face

“Dani?” she said. “What is your shoe size?”

I was confused about why would she ask that, or mostly I was too dumb and naive.

“I’m not sure, whichever size it’s around 9 inches” I said

“We’re the same size!” she said as she stripped of her heels. “Please try them on” she said almost in a purr.

9374220462_2_4_1.jpg

5 minutes later, of course, I was wearing the outfit with her heels.

up
177 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The androgynous look.

WillowD's picture

Er, yeah. That is so NOT the androgynous look. Snerk.

So what is Leah

trying to do?

Everybody's Cool

joannebarbarella's picture

Let's face it Dani, you're done, girl!

Slippery slope

Podracer's picture

Which one can't walk in heels, not without sliding helplessly down.

"Reach for the sun."

Fun so far....

I really enjoy these "Unlikely chain of events" stories. Please, keep them coming!

Cindy.

Cindy Jenkins