Story From Darra Von - Street Politics

Printer-friendly version

Street Politics

Nibs was reading the Forum Boards and came across a thread titled ‘Politics for the Street — Suraban’, she opened the thread and read the first message —
‘Is my reading and understanding of Digital System News and the Street Reports right in that Suraban City Government was a major supporter in the efforts of Wacker to seize the area. As the articles state that without the city government’s approval no one can throw the switches that cut off the electric and water supplies. I think most of the readers already know they were behind the news blackout that descended over the entire few weeks. Thanks to Digital System News for keeping us up to date on the effort (I wish I had been able to help, but I had work over that period).
‘If so then I think someone needs to stand for election, I bet they would win with a considerable majority over the other candidates.’
The message was signed, The Devil Polition.
She quickly read the replies and one from the Devil polition had a couple of links to the articles he was talking about which she browsed and quickly read.
The jist she got was what the Devil Polition had got, she hit the reply button and logged in as the Black Fairy and wrote the reply —
‘I agree with you on the mood very much on the street, not only in Suraban but around the rest of the planet.
‘I think it is time for the street and those cultures who owe loyalty to the street to stand up and say we are here and you will take notice of us. We are the people who pay your prices and provide you [The Corporations] with the money to operate.
‘I have always said if you talk the talk then walk the walk. We here [The Black Fairy and friends] will do what we can to support and get you elected.’
‘Black Fairy’
The signature at the bottom of the post was a stylize image of Blackie.
She sent it to Nicole’s, Jane and Richard’s NetMail accounts and she saved the post page so she could post in the near future. With in the message she sent she included the link to the thread.
Fifteen minutes later Tammeria was sat across the room from her when the Tablet made the sound which indicated her BlackNet NetMail account had an email. It quickly made two more sounds as two more NetMails arrived. She opened her BlackNet NetMail and the NetMails were from Richard, Nicole, and Jane.
She opened Richard’s and noticed he had CCed it Nicole and Jane.
‘Now that is a good idea, I’m very willing to put my hand into my pocket and donate a large sum to the fighting fund and I would also be willing to put boots on the pavements aswell.’
The NetMails from Jane and Nicole said similar. Nicole’s asked ‘Have you posted your reply yet?’
She sent back to Nicole, ‘I have now,’ and she opened the saved forum posts and hit the post button.
“What you doing Nibs?” asked Tammeria looking up from reading something on her PDU.
“Sending a post to a BlackNet Forum thread about the Wacker War, Suraban City Government and the upcoming elections for the leader,” she replied. “Someone posted about the street putting a candidate up for the upcoming Suraban City Government elections. They are due to be held early next year.”
The door opened and in walked Sandra, Tina and Amy.
Amy’s bump was large but she did have only a couple of months to go before they were due.
Nibs smiled at the fact the Vixens were going to have two children. She knew Sandra wanted at least two and she thought Abs felt the same way.
“Busy hun?” asked Sandra and she gave Nibs a kiss on the head as Amy moved to one of the sofas.
Tina walked to the small kitchen and poured out three coffees, she brought them back and placed one in front of Amy and called, “Sandra your coffee is here.”
“Thanks Tina,” came Sandra's reply. A couple of seconds later she walked out asking, “Hun do you know where the book on shield designs has gone?”
“I think Hell Bright borrowed it she was researching the origins of the embossed stone she found at the archaeological site she’s been looking at,” Nibs replied.
“I remember her asking me now,” said Sandra as she slipped over the back and sat beside Nibs.
“Where’s Daraus?” Nibs asked.
“I think he’s been with Fran forming an education program for Dantone. I think Daraus is also creating one for Bobby as well,” replied Amy. “I only know as Paul headed back to Fran's after the medical appointment
Nibs nodded her head in recognition and went back to reading forum boards and the news sites.

*****

Someplace in North Suraban.
“Jon I’ll say this your posting about politics has brought back a few replies from some of the notables including the Black Fairy, Nicole and Jane.”
“Damn!” Jon said. “What do the replies say?”
Fred read the four replies.
“Damn that is support for you I would have never thought that posting would lead to those replies,” he said.
He walked back into the kitchen of his and Fred’s two bedroom apartment. He made two coffees from the kettle that had just boiled and took them out into the living room. “What’s the time table on the election?”
Fred looked up and asked, “You thinking of standing then?”
“Well the Black Fairy did say if you talk the talk then walk the walk.”
Fred sat and thought about what he had just said. “Yeah, he did. You think you’re up for it though, these things can get pretty ugly.”
“If they want ugly, I think the street can dish ugly a whole lot more viciously than they can dish back, just think about it, who does the dirty work for the corporations, governments etc,” he said and took a sip from his coffee.
“True,” said Fred.
A knock came from the door and it was followed by Cath’s voice calling, “Jon, Fred you in?”
“Coming Cath,” Jon said and got up after putting his coffee down, he walked to the door and opened it.
Cath walked in carrying her NetDeck bag and a bag of groceries. “I bring munchies.”
“Hey Cath,” said Fred as Cath walked in and after placing the groceries bag down she gave her second partner a hug and a kiss on the lips.
Cath turned and also gave a hug and a kiss to Jon, her first partner. “What you two been up to then?”
“Thinking about standing for Leadership of Suraban City Government,” Jon said in a matter of fact way.
Cath’s eyes opened widely and she said, “You ok Jon?”
“Yes I am perfectly ok Cath. I started a thread on BlackNet about The Wacker War and the fact the City Government colluded with Wacker over their take over, the news blackout from the news agencies, mean some one very high up was heavily involved,” said Jon.
“Some of the major notables have posted replies and the one from the Black Fairy said, ‘If you talk the talk then walk the walk’,” said Fred and he took a mouthful of coffee.
“Oh yeah, I’ve just been given a job offer the guy wants three trustworthy individuals to run the Demology Café, it’s a well known Street gathering place in the Harliquanis Shopping Mall. The contract is ongoing. It looks like the owners are involved in some major operations along the Gangrel Street Gang in the South East,” said Cath.
“Harliquanis Shopping Mall, that’s where Githage is and isn’t it very close to Face Design and Risers?” asked Fred.
Cath thought about what she had seen and the quick research she had done before she had gotten the groceries. “Yeah it is,” she replied.
“I hope you said yes,” said Fred. “That café is used by the Gangrels and Giths prodomently and to a lesser extent the Street scene.” Fred stood and carried the groceries into the kitchen.
A few minutes he walked back out and went back to his seat.
“I did, they want to see us tomorrow morning and we start on the Moroth following, for the first couple of weeks we will shadow them as they run the café and then after that we’re in charge until they return,” said Cath.
Jon smiled at his two partners and thought, ‘Yes I am going to accept the challenge from the Black Fairy, I am going to walk the walk.’ “Guys, whose up for getting me elected the leader of Suraban City Government?”

*****

Back at the Academy Nibs’ PDU vibrated as he was working on her second degree in Bio-Chemistry and how organic solvents effected the benzene ring. She turned off the burette and took out her PDU, she opened the NetMail and saw it was from the Devil Polition and read —

‘You said if you talk the talk then walk the walk, I am going to accept your challenge (I know it weren’t meant in that way) and stand for election. The election is on Seabeal 24th and the final day for candidates is Ickarn 28th.
‘I also have to make an admission, I have no idea what the hell I am doing.’

Nibs quickly wrote a short reply —

‘The first job is to gather a team of trustworthy people around you and get your name known on the circles of the lobby groups. I’ll contact a couple a people in Suraban who should be able to help you.
‘The second job is for the Street to be told and for them to claim back their proxy votes, we need them to have them so we can win and put the government under pressure.
Suraban I think will become the next free city after Echo City.’

She stopped and thought about this and added —

‘Don’t do too much as I might organise a trip for a few people to meet you, if we are to support you then we need to know you.
‘I will contact you in the next couple of days about setting up a meeting.’

She then sent a message to Richard, Paul Atrun, Nicole, Jane and a few other people she knew would want to know about this turn of events.

*****

Nibs sat in the Year One Common room reading through the latest intelligence on the site the Academy had been employed to terminate.
Nicole and Jane both knocked on the door and waited for them to be allowed in.
She looked up and said, “Come in. I was half expecting a visit from you two.”
Nicole smiled and the pair walked in and took two arm chairs next to where she was sitting on a bean-bag.
“Ok, let me get this straight, Jon has volunteered to stand as an independent street candidate for election to the Suraban City Government’s Leader?” asked Nicole.
“Yes,” Nibs replied and took out her PDU and loaded the NetMail message, she passed the PDU to Nicole who read and passed it back.
“Right, your reply said what?” asked Nicole.
She looked at Nicole as if to say, ‘You know what my replies said’.
“I know, humour me,” responded Nicole with a slight laugh to her face.
She loaded the reply she sent to the Devil politician and again showed Nicole the NetMail.
Jane looked over and also read it and said, “How are we going to get the Street to claim back their Proxies with out the corporations hearing about it and looking at trying to stop it.”
“By word of mouth, Street News, BlackNet, GhostNet NetMails, by what ever means we can without going through the mass media.” She took back her PDU from Nicole. “I was thinking setting up a meet next week so we get to meet the guy and his immediate team, which from his listing on GhostNet is Cath his first partner and Fred his second, he list is religious views as being fucked up paygan. He also lists he won’t work for Rotork Theaban on the grounds they need to open up Naban to outside inspectors, he puts in brackets, Street Ghosts need only volunteer.” She stood up and asked, “Drinks?”
“Yeah, thanks, Cabilla for me,” replied Nicole.
“You got any of ‘your’ chai, Nibs?” asked Jane.
Nibs thought about the situation with the chai. “I think I have enough for a few more. I need to make some more up anyway.” She moved towards the drinks making tables as Jum walked in carrying a couple of large books on Construction Engineering.

“What you got there Jum?” asked Nicole.
“I’m thinking about starting my Mid Level Degree in Construction Engineering, but I’m torn between military fortifications or office complexes,” replied Jum.
“Talk to Jack Griffs he’s the Conspiracy’s resident Engineer, he built Echo Tech Tower Echo City and Suraban, was joint engineer with Toback Hicarn and Felicity Kendel of Spinnaya on Echo Tower Ajak-dak, Spinnayan, and Deebina Metro. He’s also been involved in the construction of numerous Echo Military and Echo Tech Military sites world wide,” said Nicole.
Jum stopped and sat down. “What else has he done then?”
“Let me think,” said Nicole.
Jane lent in and said, “Jack’s Engineers have also designed South Point Ship Yards as well as designed ATEC Archology Killeash. It houses in comfort 1.8 million people, 600,000 of them are employees of the ATEC companies based in the Archology. It dwarfs Echo Tower, but it goes down not up.”
“I’ve heard of the ATEC Archology. It’s on the edge of Killeash and goes down 500 floors and then the power station is a geothermal which also provides the heating and cooling to the entire building and the Complex above ground,” said Jum.

Nibs thought said to Blackie, “Thanks.” She turned and walked back to the table. “Aren’t the Geothermal power plants the same as the ones powering Echo City?” she asked as she walked back.
“How the hell did you know what we were talking about Nibs?” asked Jane. “I know your hearing is good.”
“Look under the table,” she replied and pointed under the table in the middle of the seats.
Under the table was walls and what looked like windows and on the two of the sides was what looked like balconies. Sitting on an easy chair was Blackie, it looked like he was reading something.
“Look around the room,” said Nibs. “The local fairy community constructed it whilst we were on the first operation. Amy and Hell dug tunnels in the concrete, by using a directed rock to mud spell, all the fairies did was to dig it out and construct the roofs.”
Jane and Nicole looked down and saw clear runs through out the room to all the constructions under the tables around the edge and the large table in the middle of the room.
“What are you reading Blackie?” asked Nicole.
Blackie looked up and replied, “The original works of Yurri Neodawn a world famous poet from 13,000 years ago. The local fairies also added their collection of books and information to the store and spent a considerable amount of time helping the support staff transfer it into digital format.”
“Sorry, what are you reading it on, I meant?” asked Nicole.
“Oh this, something Ant and Ren thought up it uses two nanytes, one acts as the screen and storage the second is the main processor. All I can do is access the Net; get books off the Academy server, and read lots.”
Nicole stared in shock at the ingenuity of the pair.
“Putting those two together was like putting two people who know what the other wants or needs. The FCSUs are finished and have a fifty kilometre range on the data streams. Which is encrypted under the same levels of encryption as my system back in Suraban,” said Nibs.
“Feck me!” exclaimed Jane.
Nibs put the tray down and re-took her seat on the bean bag. “Didn’t Jack also lead the construction team on the Echo City Domes?” she asked after taking a sip from her chai.
Jum sat back and thought about something and he took out his PDU and composed a NetMail.
“Where were we?” asked Jane.
“Talking about the street getting their proxies back from the control of the bodies, my reading on the laws governing proxies, is that if at any time an adult wishes to change his alligence all he has to do is contact the holding body and claim it back,” Nibs said. “I’ve not talked it Donna about the actual method of doing so.”
Nicole thought about something and said, “You spoke of a meet earlier, who would be at the meet?”
“Me, Sandra, and who ever,” she said. “Why you thinking of coming?”
“Yeah, if I’m to fund this I want to be sure of the person and the only way to do that is to meet them,” replied Nicole.
“If you’re going sis then I might as well, as I might think about getting back into the political and lobby circles. I think a few places need a shake up and being honest I think the street is the force to do that, remember the Low Level Degree by Sharra on the Street being an ethical corp,” said Jane.
“Yeah I do, Paul suggested I read it as he said it was an eye opener. It was, Sharra really did do a good piece of work,” Nibs said.
Jane took a mouthful and said, “The corps should look out, it’s not just the ethical corp they should fear, it’s the ethical politician as well. They think they have control of the country governments, they so haven’t.”
She lent back and smiled and said, “I think I might write an article on the idea of the street standing ethical politicians and see how that goes down.”

*****

The following Torbar Nibs, Sandra, Daraus, Nicole, Jane and the fairy companions walked the first floor of the Harliquinas shopping mall heading for the escalator up to the second floor and Demology Café. The friends sat outside the café itself and Nibs walked into the café proper to order the drinks. Carol was stood behind the counter with a couple of new faces.
“Hi Carol, whose the new people?”
“Hi Nibs,” said Carol sounding really happy to see her. Carol came round the counter and the pair hugged each other. “How long you in Suraban and is Sandra and the other here?”
“Sandra, Nicole, Jane and yes the others are here,” she replied and winked at her.
Carol nodded her response to the wink. “The new people are Jon, Cath and Fred, they said they would run here whilst we are operating the South East.”
She looked away and then looked over the counter at the pair standing smiling at her. “Do you two have a meeting with the Black Fairy planned for today, here?”
Cath stared at her. “How did you know that?” she asked sound very surprised.
“Carol do you want to do the introductions?” she said.
“Can do, Cath, Jon meet one half of the Black Fairy team, the other half is sat outside.”
This time both Cath and Jon stared and Jon asked, “You do have proof to back that?”
“Yes,” she replied and produced her Echo Tech Identity card handing it to Carol.
“Can you pass me the scanner please,” said Carol.
Cath passed it to Carol and she slid the Identity card into the slot and Nibs pressed her thumb against the side. Carole then passed the scanner to the pair.
Nibs knew what was on the screen. ‘Name — Black Fairy (Alias Nibs or Nibola Calton-Patterson), Rank Elite Plus Street Ghost, Current Status — Attending the Academy’
“Believe me now,” she said smiling. “I know it’s not what people expect, but I have an understanding of the human condition that allows me the accuracy of my replies to the BlackNet Forums.”
“She is also a master battle field tactician. I came in to see what was taking so long,” said Sandra. “Hi Carol.”
“Hi Sandra, sorry introducing Nibs to Jon and Cath,” said Carol. “What are you having Nibs, Sandra?”
“Chai for me, coffee for Nicole and Jane and Chai for you hun,” she replied.
“I’ll bring it out, and you two had better have that meeting as in about half an hour it gets busy as the lunch period kicks in,” said Carol.
Jon and Cath followed Nibs and Sandra out grabbing two chairs and sat down.
“Nicole, Jane, meet Jon and Cath, two of the three people we were due to meet the third is inside,” she said.
“Good morning Jon, Cath,” said Jane.
Jon looked at the group and then at Cath and said, “Are you the Nicole and Jane who are willing to fund my attempt?”
Nibs noticed Nicole and Jane both smile.
“Richard sends his regards,” said Nicole as Carol walked out carrying a tray which was four cups.
Carol placed the cups down and said, “Hi Nicole, Jane. It’s good to see you both.”
“Hi Carol,” said Jane.
“I hope your not taking the new managers away,” said Carol.
“No, Tony volunteered to come back whilst you were operating in the South East,” said Nicole.
Carol smiled at the news. “When is he getting here then?”
“In a couple of days, he’s seeing his mum in Surtratta,” said Nicole.
Carol nodded and headed back inside.
“You still interested in running Jon?” Nibs asked.
“Yes, very much so, Cath and Fred both are supporting me. I need a team and some major help in what the hell I am going to be doing, the close of nominations is five months away and as it is at the moment I won’t stand a hope in hell with the proxies being held,” said Jon.
“Don’t worry about the Proxies issue, we are well on top of that, we are sending NetMails out to all Street Ghosts asking them act as mouth pieces to the rest of the Street. The message is simple, get your vote back from the people who hold the power now,” said Jane.
Sandra said exactly what Nibs was thinking, “Have you looked at the thread in the last couple of days, it’s grown from being the twenty two you had on Frodar to ten pages. A rough guess of the funds raised is excess of 45 million decks. People like Damien Cameron, Paul Atrun, Kev Marks and others are also interested in helping, but they are going to be dealing with the Gang situation in the South East.”
Paul Atrun walked up and sat down and said, “Hi guys. That was a very productive phone call, Digital Systems Suraban is willing to supply a team to make your political commercials and carry Surra news is willing to carry your adverts at a discount of 20% off the normal prices. Jaboc has also agreed as has Sarah to allow you campaign to be based in both locations, Club Millana covering South Suraban and Gangrel Command covering the North. Do you know about the Conspiracy?” asked Paul Atrun.
“We didn’t until yesterday 08:30 when we met Tarrack and Ullrick,” said Cath.
“Right then let me introduce you to two more members,” said Sandra. “May I have a hand each.”
The pair offered Sandra their hands.
Sandra took then both and said, “A gift from me to you Jon, Cath the gift of true sight.”
Blackie took off from Nib’s shoulder and hovered along with Pixie above the middle of the table and said, “Welcome to the ranks of the Elite.”
Cath stared at the pair and asked, “Who are you?”
“We be fairies, I’m Pixie and this is my partner Blackie and we are both partnered Nibs, Sandra and Daraus.”
“I can now see how you got the name Nibs,” said Jon.
“No, Blackie isn’t, a cartoon I watched in Deebina is how I took the name the Black Fairy. Let’s just say me and the cartoon are very similar in our outlooks,” Nibs said.
Jon sat back and then said, “Ok, I’m going to need a political team around me, for one thing they are going to fight dirty.”
“Leave the political team to me and Sandra,” she said. “We have a dream team of people, dedicated, hard working and professional in mind. I know they would all relish the chance to give this their best shot, and most of them are the people everyone overlooks. Security you will have a team of four Elite Street Ghosts assigned to you Jon, you Cath and Fred. The centres of your campaign are already protected by the fact they are one a centre of the Street Culture and the other is the Command of the Gangrel Gang,” said Sandra.
“Who are this team?” asked Cath.
“You’ll get to meet them this evening at Club Dark in Wine,” said Ruth as she walked in from the escalator. “Hello guys. We had better think about getting ready for lunch period.”

*****

That evening in the VIP suite of Dark in Wine sat Nibs along with the rest of the campaign team and any partners, Jon, Cath, Fred, and the other people from the Café that morning. Carol stood behind the bar. Robert was sat at the bar laughing with Carol as he drank a pint of lager.
“Friends and supporters of the election bid of Jon James to the position of Leader of Suraban City Government I call this first meeting to order. I, as Jon said in his first NetMail to me stand as challenger to the people here, and chair of this meeting say let’s get Jon into the position of Leader of Suraban City Government and let the people have a voice.” Nibs raised her glass of Bar-Kam and Cabilla.
Just after she had raised her glass the rest of the room did the same.
“To the first of many street victories over the corporates,” said Jane.
She took a sip and placed the glass back on the small table.
Jon asked what Nibs knew to be the most burning question on Jon’s mind, “What is the first steps in this, I am politically naive at this moment?”
“The first job is to announce that you are looking at the possibility of standing. We’ve had it confirmed by a leading lawyer from the Academy and by Adam and Simon that they corporations have no footing when it comes to the proxies. If the people want them back they take them back, most people leave things the way they were, but that was before we gave them the choice,” said Jane. “The announcement will be made via a press conference, which will have me, Nicole and you Jon on the stand, us two as supporters of your bid.”
“I might be in the audience with my camera,” Nibs said, “I was accredited as a free lance photo journalist last week.” She smiled at the fact she could now legally go to press conferences and other photo events and snap away with impunity.
“Once that is done then you lot start to do your jobs in that you have at least five policy speeches to write. You have six speeches to give, but me and Nicole will write the one on the corporations and the law breaking they do,” said Jane.

Jon looked at Jane and Nicole and all he could see was a pair of individuals who both had evil smiles, but they also had the determined look to them as well. He glanced at Nibs and saw the same along with Sandra. The rest of the people present had confident looks to them. ‘I can do this, I can give the corporations a good kick up their arses.’
“So what is the timetable from the press conference then?” he asked and felt Cath squeeze him around the waist.
Fred was taking notes on the things said.
‘I might make you my PA Fred,’ he thought.
“The time table is when Tony has arrived from seeing his mum then the next day we have the press conference and then two weeks later you will give the first of the speeches to the people,” said Nicole. “And don’t worry about not being ready to give speeches, me and Jane will teach you how to give a speech and make the people want to elect you.”
He smiled and asked, “The speeches what will they be on?”
Jane took a mouthful from her glass and replied, “Security, Youth and Education, Health, Services, finiance and one on the corporations. These speeches will also make the core of your manifesto and so you must be in 100% agreement with them, no one can have any doubts or it will come across in the speech. People are surprising observant and will pick up on it.”
Jon sat back and smiled. “I know everyone here is her for a reason, would someone mind telling me what each person’s job is?”
“No problem Jon,” said Nibs. “Robert is going to be the manager of the whole thing and if you are elected your first Head of Staff. Everything that goes out of the office, from adverts to leaflets to speeches to press releases and especially the manifesto must have his signature on the job complete form before it leaves. This was we can counter the oppositions claims of a leaflet said this, then we check the leaflet with the job completed and if it don’t match we realise a denial and also show the press the draw type of thing. I know everyone here won’t mess it up as this could very much be the first of many.”
“Yeah true,” he said and took a mouthful of Caferras and after returning the glass to the table he said, “Ok, what about everyone else?”
Nibs smiled and said, “Roberts deputy is Alli, your spokeperson and media manager is Malla.”
“No one gives the person I work for bad press, else I sit on them,” said Malla whilst wearing a joking face.
“Your legal team is Adam Fostan and Graysons Lawyers Ltd,” said Nibs.
Adam sat forward and said, “As I will be very busy with certain cases, Ismal will be my stand in and she will shadow me so she is always up to speed on matters. She will also take meeting minutes for you Jon.”
“That will be a useful job,” Jon said and took the last bit of his drink.
Cath moved and took his glass and headed for the bar.
“Your head of security is Damien Cameron and Anti-surveillance specialists Andres Cutters and Red-Feathers.”
“When you go out we go ahead of you and secure the site to conspiracy level security secure,” said Damien. “You three will also be provided with a team of Street Ghost body guards.”
Cath walked back and placed a full glass down and she retook her seat and slipped her arm behind Jon’s back.
“The last of the back room team, Bee and Misty, your campaign’s net team,” said Nibs.
Both Bee and Misty smiled at him and Misty said, “The opposition wants to get nasty we can get nasty back and a darn site more vicious too.”
“Your advisors are Education Heather MacFields, Security and Justice David Potters and Judge Harry Fritz,” said Nibs.
Harry smiled at Jon and said, “What this city needs is a new direction for its justice system, more and more of the judges are accepting perks from the corporations and criminals and this has to stop.”
“I agree with you and it’s the line I will be taking myself on the issues of justice. I want Justice for the Street, not just the corporations,” he said and took a mouthful and then Fred’s hand appeared in front of his eyes holding a cigarette. “You know I don’t smoke Fred.”
“It’s a Cambar Cigarette Jon,” said Sandra.
“Ok,” he said and accepted the Cambar cigarette.
“Youth Simon and Sarah Cutherlate, but she is very busy as she does a lot of other jobs,” said Nibs. “Work and Corporations Jane and Nicole and also Sharra from Club Millana, she also busy but can be less so than Nicole and Jane. City structure and Tourism James Carts.”
“With out sounding idotic how come?”
“James is a very good friend of Surat and Brets and has a Mid Level Degree in engineering and a low level one in tourism, James?” said Jane.
“Yes Jane, I do,” said James. “Jon, this city needs a large renovation project as a few people will see Suraban becoming the murder capital of the world. A few analysts have also been quote as saying in between 10 to 20 years they see Suraban becoming the newest Proto Metro. Tourism can be a big earner, but it must be properly controlled and run.”
Jon sat and listened to James talk and he agreed with him on the fact the city did need a face lift.
“Your health advisor is Dr Andrew Hill from the Echo Medical Centre of Club Millana, he apologises for not being here tonight but he has a ten hour transplant surgery to plan for, for tomorrow.”
At this Jon nodded his appriecation to the reason.
“We as yet don’t have anyone for Finance, or services, but those we are looking for at the moment,” said Nibs.
“Ok,” he said and sat forward and said. “Thanks Nibs, but I think now the introductions are finished we should get down to business.”
“Yep we should and the first item is do we know who has expressed an interest in standing,” said Nibs.
He looked at Nicole who looked like she was thinking about something. “What you thinking about Nicole?”
“Trying to remember where did I see a article into the next leadership elections here in Suraban.”
“Wasn’t it the Surra Echo Online that had it seven months ago,” said Damien. “Was the article about Rotork fielding a whole batch of people to be elected to various governments world wide and that seven had targeted under the direct orders of the President himself,” said Andres.
“Yeah, that’s the article,” said Nicole and she took out her PDU and quickly found the site and did a search for the keywords Rotork, politics.
She passed the PDU to Carol who switched the projector on and on the wall appeared a computer screen.
Carol did something and on the screen appeared the article. Carol passed Nicole her PDU back.
Jon quickly read the article and said at the end, “Ok, so it looks like Rotork is going to field one as is BT&W. I wonder if anyone else will?”
“From the word on the governmental circles a lot of people in the know think Tam Fairchild may stand, she’s popular with the young and CHM and will likely catch a lot of those votes, but the young and street will likely shift to you if you come across right,” said Riem. “But it does need you to be seen at the right events and seen with the right people. My daughter is a good one to tap for that, she’s very much a socialite and would know the places to go.”
“That maybe the case, but two places vital to be seen at are Club Millana and here along with being seen in Riser’s to the Occasion dresses and Street Smarts from ‘From Hell with Love’ brand,” said Alli. “You get a lot of people just on your appearance and the fact your are a three person relationship, that says you are bucking the trends.”
“Health will be another good vote winner,” said Nicole. “Look at organising visits to the local city hospitals and the Echo Medical clinics, especially the ones who serve the people from the Free Fires and slums,” said Nicole.
Jon noticed Andres also nodded his agreement to what Nicole had said.
“As we are talking about visits and such, one vital visit will be to Gangrel Command and a Gathering there in,” said Sandra.
“Very true,” said Jane. “I wouldn’t be surprised if all the legal Gangrels didn’t vote for you along with a lot of the Gith Community as well.”
“Jane can I request from someone a second Press Conference when the entire team will be visible, it would be nice to have you there Nibs,” Jon said.
Nibs shook her head slightly. “A very unwise decision to put me up there, Sandra yes, but not me. How would you introduce me?”
“As who ever you wished,” he said
Jon saw Nibs’ face change to one of she was thinking about it.

“Hun do you want me to gift Heather, she’s the only person not gifted and I’m beginning to feel as if her not knowing is stifling the conversation,” Sandra thought said to Nibs.
“Yes I’m sensing the same,” thought replied Nibs.
She stood up and walked around the back of the chairs and tapped Heather on the shoulder.
Hovering just above Sandra’s shoulders was Blackie and Pixie. Sandra led Heather to the bar where she said, “Heather may I have your hand please I wish to give you a gift, a special one that will mark you as one of the elite conspiracy, which everyone in the room is.”
“Ok,” responded Heather and offered her hand to Sandra.
“A gift from me to you Heather the gift of True Sight.”
Sandra saw Heather’s face turn to one of shock when she noticed Blackie and Pixie hovering above her shoulders. “Meet Blackie and Pixie, mine and Nibs’ fairy partners.”
“Did you have them when you were at the high school?” asked Heather.
“No, we, along with the rest of the Vixens and six other people, all Gangrels, gained either fairies or pixies as partners during the final battle of the Wacker War,” said Sandra.
Heather’s eyes opened wide in total shock, she said, “Sandra, your eyes?”
“I know, it was during the last combat of the battle that I was host to the Chrometal Dragon and Nibs was host to the last Grand Master from 8000 years ago. The Vixens plus other forces faced, estimates put it at between three to five thousand Black Elves and the command force of Sec Com.”
Heather stared eyes wide at her. “My Creator then the legend I’ve heard around the school about the Black Fairy, is that Nibs?”
“Yes, Nibs and me for we are equal in all things,” she said. “Pint of Caferras and.”
Heather thought and replied, “A double Yuka and lemonade. Sat there listening to Nibs and I’ve come to realise Nibs is a plain and simple genius and you are also incredibly intelligent yourself Sandra. You both use it to further other peoples plans and never your own. You could become incredibly wealthy off those skill bases.”
“Yes we could, but why, both of us are pro re-distrubution of wealth to everyone, not the few, the removal of the extra-terrority status Corporations enjoy or the strengthening of the Echo Security Laws. It is not better for our abilities to be used to further the goals of those who seek to better the lives of the masses, over the rich and wealthy,” she said and took a mouthful of Caferras.
“Yes it is,” said Heather, “I think we had better get back.”
She smiled and grabbed her glass.

*****

Sat in the anti-room to the conference room in Echo Tower Suraban were Jon, Nicole, and Jane, they were waiting for the Conference room to be ready for them. Damien was stood on this side of the door and looked like he was in conversation with someone.
The door opened and forced Damien to move so allowing Cath in.
“The room is full, the podium has twenty plus microphones on and I estimate at least fifty cameras and over a hundred other journalists.” Cath moved to sit beside him and placed her arm around his waist.
Jon looked up at her and said, “Thanks, you did nothing to calm my nerves.”
“Sorry hun,” said Cath and she squeezed him around the waist.
“I so want you up on the podium with me,” he said and looked up at her. “You and Fred.”
“No, that’s your next Press Conference when you announce your provisional standing, pending finances,” said Nicole.
Jon looked at Nicole using a face that asked, ‘why?’ “Why I have the money in place.”
Jane laughed and said, “Standard political tactics in battles like this, say you haven’t, it makes the others think they might still have a chance.”
“Nibs say’s they are ready,” said Damien.
The three stood all wearing smart suits all from the Street Smarts. Damien opened the door and allowed then out where they turned right and then right again as Robert held the door opened for them.
Inside the room the flash guns started to fire as the photographers started to take pictures.
Sandra led the group to the Podium where they sat behind the tables. Sandra continued and stood behind the podium where she said, “Ladies and gents of the press and the general public watching and listening it is my great pleasure to invite Nicole Chancer Street Ghost to the podium to open this press conference.”
Sandra moved back to the chair’s seat and took a sip of water.
Jon looked at Nicole as she stood behind the podium.
“Good morning to all the listeners and watchers, and as Sandra said I am Nicole Chancer Street Ghost, most of you would have also known me as Nicolai Chair and Chief Exec of Echo Tech Inc and C.Industries. This day I stand before you as Nicole, trans woman and supporter of Jon Caser as he explores the possibilities of standing as a candidate from the Streets in the upcoming Suraban City Government Leadership elections. My sister Jane is also a Street Ghost and is also supporting the cause. I now hand you over to Jon, who will explain why he is considering standing.”
He stood and took his glass of water with him. Nicole moved back to her seat and Jon walked behind the desk and placed his glass on the stand on the podium. He placed his short speech in front of him and looked out across the press and at the cameras at the back. He spotted Nibs sat in the third row right hand end snapping away.
“Ladies and gents of Suraban my name is Jon Caser and I am looking at standing for election to the position of Leader of Suraban City Government. I’m standing as a candidate of the street culture who has for far too long been unheard in the corridors of power in Suraban. Some population analyists have stated in journals like World Growth and Food Production and people in the census office of the world government give Suraban between ten and twenty years and we have a new proto metro. A new Proto Metro built on the back of us, the street,” he put a lot of emphasis on the words ‘the street’. “The Wacker War was a prime example of how the Corporations ride roughshod over the basic fundamental rights of all humans, to live free of fear and persucation.” Jon took a sip of water and realised he was loving it, stood in front of millions of people, all watching him on tele. He also hoped the opposition candidates were watching.
“Post Wacker War, and I have to apologise to my fellow Street Ghosts for not being available to help but I was on an operation during it, I did some net research and discovered investigations happening into the collusion of the City Government with Wacker Inc, the supplying of plans and other information pertaining to the initial successful seizure of some 550 square kilometres of city. Other research also showed me that they had ordered the utility companies to throw the switch and cut off the electricity and water to the area. That’s illegal under World law and also illegal under the moral codes which we as humans should always follow or try to. The first one is the one moral that we in the Street Ghost culture hold most dear, we do not lie unless to an enemy. These are only a few of the reasons. I am going to spend the rest of this week and some of next sounding out the scene and those associated to it to see if I have a chance.”
He moved back to his seat and Sandra re-took the podium and said, “Right ladies and gents of the press pack I will have hands in the air and please one question at a time also start your question with your name and company you work for.”
Most of the press pack stuck their hands in the air.

Sandra looked around the room and picked Hillary as she was sat with Nibs. Sandra pointed at Hillary and the rest of the pack knew to lower their arms. She also said, “The Gith Lady next to the Gith Lady third row.”
She nodded her thanks and stood asking, “Hillary Atrun, World Gangrel Times. A question to Jon, was it what the government did before, during or after the war that forced you to this situation?”
Sandra looked around at Jon who she could see was thinking about his answer. Jon looked over and indicated he wanted to stay were he was.
“A combination of events really, not one specific event or when it happened,” said Jon. “A major factor was the Wacker War and the events during. As I said during my initial speech I was on operation for the duration of the war and I read a lot about it during and after from Street News and Digital Systems News. Another factor is the lack of regard the City Government has for its citizens, these are not the people who live on the enclaves and Corporate sites but these are the people who live and pay what rent they can to city. This money and the money the Government receives from the other taxation and the poor way the World Government gives billions of Decks in grants and the way that money is spent on grandiose projects, not the nitty gritty of the very existence of the City, the people.”
Sandra looked out across the floor as fewer members of the Pack stuck their hands in the air, the other frantically writing down the answer. She pointed at a reporter sat in the far corner and said, “Gentleman far left corner.”
“Thanks, Simon Baxter, Digital System Political Editor Suraban. A question to Nicole first and then Jane, it’s been under a year since you both stepped down from being chair’s of your companies and now you are supporting Jon Casers attempt to get elected to a powerful position, why? You both along with Paul |Atrun and Kev Marks disappeared, from public gaze.”

*****

Forty five minutes later Sandra said from the Podium, “Thank you ladies and gents of the Press Pack, no more questions thanks. Jon’s office will be contacting your controlling papers and agencies to inform you of his next Press Conference, expect it in about a week.”
The people seated stood en-mass and the camera crews and sound engineers started to de-construct their various systems.
Jon just sat looking out into the mass of reporters and thought, ‘That was fun, I really enjoyed that.’
Sandra walked to where Jon was sat and said, “I organised three one on one interviews with Digital Systems News, Street News Services and Surra Daily Planet. Don’t expect a good write up from the Surra Daily Planet, they are owned by Rotork Theaban.”
“The paper of one of the opposition?” he said.
“Yeah, do Street Services first and then Surra DP,” suggested Sandra.
Robert walked over and said, “Ok, step one finished. Now we wait for the responces.”
“Yeah,” said Damien. “I reckon we can expect one in a few days.”
As the room cleared Fred was sat in the back row and Nibs and Hillary were sat in their seats smiling at the way things went. Nicole was sitting in front of them chatting to the pair.
Cath walked over and sat, “You were great up there.”
Jon smiled and stood up asking, “Whose who?”
Sandra looked out and pointed to the two people sat four rows from the back left hand edge and said, “That’s the pair from Street Services, that’s the reporter from Surra DP and the two reporters from Digital News are there,” she pointed to the pair in the back left corner.
Jon walked towards the pair from Street Services. “Good afternoon. How do you want to run this interview?”
The older of the pair said, “Do you have a partner?”
“Yes I do, Cath, Fred come here please.”
Cath walked over from talking to Nicole, Nibs and Hillary and Fred from where he had sat himself listening to the answers and how they came across.
“Two partners?” said the younger one.
“Yes, Cath is my first and Fred is my second.”
The pair nodded their understanding of the situation.
“Can I take a photo so the readers can see a group picture?” said the younger one.
“Yeah,” responded Cath, “I think it will be good for the street to be the first to see the three of us.”
“I’m Brinda and this is Syanna. You’ll get to hate us as we cover politics here in Suraban for Street Services News.”
“Ok,” said Fred and sat down and placed his notebook and digital recorder on the table.
Syanna framed the shot by having Cath and Jon together with Cath having wrapped her arms around Jon and Jon’s arm on the shoulder of Fred.
Brinda asked after the picture had been taken, “So what makes you think you stand a chance against the power of the corporations?”
“By the fact Nicole, Jane and the Black Fairy are organising a campaign to get the people to claim back their right of voting and making a difference. The Proxy system serves the Corporations it does not serve the Street we need the people to be in a position to say yes we want you or no we don’t. A lot of the people who I would be serving don’t currently have the chance to have a say, and that is what Democracy is all about, the people having a say.”
“Very True it is,” said Brinda.

Robert looked at the three and said, “They are naturals at it, they make of an interesting group.”
“That they do,” said Damien. “I’ve just had the confirmation, Jaboc has had maintenance prepare an apartment complex inside the main perimeter fence. From what I can remember of the apartment complex, its four floors on the north side of the club, I think the ground floor is a communal living area with the rest of the floors above sleeping. We’ll sort things when we get there.”
“Good,” Robert said.
Nicole, Nibs and Hillary stood and headed in their direction. Blackie and Pixie both smiled at the group.

Jon smiled at Brinda and Syanna and went to stand as the interview had just ended.
The pair started to put away their gear when Brinda looked up and asked, “Would it be possible if you do decided to stand for me and Syanna to shadow you as you go about your campaign?”
“Can we get back to you on that one,” he said as he headed for the reporter from the Surra DP.

*****

Jon walked back to the group and said, “Now that’s over can we get down to the bloody business of beating the rest of the candidates.”
“Yeah lets” said Robert.
Damien said something into the communication system and then said to the group, “The cars will meet us out front.”
The group headed for the exit and the doors were opened by two of the groups Street Ghost Bodyguards and a couple of minutes later the lead two bodyguards opened the front door of Echo Tower Suraban to the shouts of “Jon Caser for City Leader.”
Jon looked outside the perimeter at the small group of people who were holding placards and boards, each saying things like, ‘Go Jon’ or ‘Jon Caser for City Leader’
Brinda and Syanna walked out and headed straight for the group.
He called after the pair, “Can you try and find out who organised that?”
“Yeah, no problem,” responded Brinda, “I’ll email you.”
He then climbed into the rear of an Armoured MPV. Damien climbed into the front passenger’s seat and Robert took one of the rear seats. The rest of the group took the second with the bodyguards spread between two FAVs and a few motor-bikes. Nibs and Sandra both went to their motor-bikes and quickly joined the party as it headed out of the exit and turned towards IC1.

*****

Thirty minutes later the four MPVs and two FAVs pulled up outside the back of the apartment building that would be the main base and the base for operations south of the river, Gangrel Command was to be the base for operations north of the river.
The group climbed out and walked in to the apartment building.
Sat in arms chairs looking exhausted was Alli and Tracy, Heather was carrying a couple of drinks to the pair. Simon and Misty were working on the computers and everyone else looked like they were moving in.
Heather said when Jon had walked in, “Yeah Jon. Excellent performance and my creator did that party get organised fast.”
“I know,” said Damien, “I think they might have planned it from the time you starting that thread on BlackNet.
“Made me smile though,” Jon said, “which is good.”
“Not as good as that phone and the fact, it’s not stopped ringing since the press conference started, Digital systems gave out the contact number a bit early,” said Alli as she sipped her coffee.
“We were no where near ready, I’ve had to put the phones on silent with a message saying, please contact the NetSite and BlackCity Suraban Election Space,” said Tracy.
Bee walked over and said, “That maybe the case but we now have money pledged to the campaign fund to the tune of 15 million decks, in addition to what already in the fund.”
Jon noticed Nicole stare in shock at the news.
“And the massive bulk of the emails which number in to the tens of thousands say go for it. Misty set up an automated system that sends out a thank you NetMail along with instructions of how to claim back your vote from the proxy companies,” continued Bee.
David walked down from the upper floors and said, “Most of my colleagues are very likely to support you as well. I told the station when I left on extended leave and most said they would pass the word on to other stations and departments. I feel we are going to give the other candidates a real run for their money and come a close second if not win it.”
“A lot of Echo Tech will likely support you out of support for me and Jane,” said Nicole. “From the figures said here and two thirds of the workforce here in Suraban, would give you’re a starting point of close to a million votes already and that’s an hour after the press conference ended. You are going to give the corporations such a thrashing they are going to take note, not just here but the rest of the world as well.”
Jon sat down and smiled when Cath sat in his lap and said, “Lets go and move in and then think about starting the ball rolling.”
Hillary walked in as Jon, Cath and Fred headed for the ramp up. “Hang on, great photo that.”
The three stopped and backed up a few steps.
“Stop,” said Hillary and she lifted her camera and click came from the camera.
The three headed for the ramp up. Barry joined them as they headed up the ramp.
“Next floor, the entire first floor is the campaigns security team,” said Barry.
“Hi, who are you?” asked Fred.
Jon noted Fred was smiling a hell of a lot lately.
“I’m one of your bodyguards, actually your prime driver,” Barry lifted his long hair and showed the three the back of his neck just above the shoulder blades.
He looked at the site and saw an advanced connector for something. “What’s that?” he asked.
“VCS or Vehicle Control System,” replied Barry.
Cath’s eyes opened in surprise at the information. “My creator, I never thought we would be getting people like you on the team, this security setup must be costing a fortune to run?”
“Damien, me and the rest of your bodyguard are doing this for almost nothing as we all think you will be a breath of fresh air in the corridors of power and street helps street,” said Barry.
The group continued up to the next floor where Barry showed them to one of the spare apartments.
The group walked in and saw a very nice looking apartment, good comfortable chairs and other fittings. Fred headed for one of the two open doors on to the main room and found them to be bedrooms. Cath walked to the door on the entrance corridor and found a bathroom and a third bedroom that looked as if some one was using that room already.
Fred walked back out and said, “The wardrobes even have clothes I, and most look like they came straight from Githage.”
Knock, knock came from the door.
“Come in,” Jon said and collapsed into one of the arm chairs and had Cath almost land on him.
A young twenty’s looking woman walked in and said, “Good afternoon, new leader of Suraban City Government.”
“A bit premature that,” said Cath.
“No, we in the Gangrels are always pretty optimistic about things, and I am very optimistic about you winning, I’m Queen Sarah Cutherlate, Leader of the Gangrels, owner of the Githage clothing stores and loads of other jobs. I’m here to invite you three to the next Gathering which is this weekend. You find in the wardrobes a few suits and other formal items, and a Gathering is a formal event.”
“So you’re the supplier of the clothes then,” said Cath and she got up off Jon.
“Yes, I did, I’ve always been street every since I received the prophecy 300 years ago, I use to run with a Street Gang back in Eban Protectorite City,” said Sarah. “I just came up to say the guys down stairs are heading for lunch and they thought you might want to join them?”
Jon stood up and said, “That would be a good idea, I do need some food,” and he followed Sarah out of the apartment.
As the four walked down from the upper floors they saw the guys were waiting.
“Right then lets go for lunch,” Jon said.

Cath walked to Damien and asked, “The apartment Barry showed us to one of the bedrooms is being used, who by?”
“Me,” said Damien. “When I took the contract to be head of your security, I knew you would need protection 26hours a day and this is the best way of fulfilling that contract.”
She smiled at this. “I’ll say this, Nicole, Jane and the others know their jobs don’t they?”
“They do at that, Nibs is a master at security and using surveillance systems to help a team. Red-Feathers and Cutters are both experts in bugging a site and making it look natural, they are also experts at counter surveillance. Barry graduated from the Academy four years ago and is the best ground vehicle and power armour pilot the Conspiracy has. Nibs, Abs and Tina are all masters of flight, Nibs in free aerial, Abs and Tina in fighters and copters. Wong, Steven and Andrew Bennett are master of the watery environment. I’ve watched them take a ten year old Echo Tech Military combat sub apart at 3000feet under water. They quite literary ripped it to pieces. Wong, Jum, Abs, Tina, Sandra and Nibs all have supernatural strength and toughness and are quite capable of putting fists through brick walls and similar. I’ve seen Nibs take chunks out of reinforced concrete pillars.”
She heard what Damien had said and she just couldn’t believe it. “Who are they, they don’t sound native.”
“Steven, Wong, Jum, Nibs Sandra, Tina, and Abs all were born on Darra Von, we have their birthing papers to prove it. Andrew wasn’t and arrived here after falling through what we in the Conspiracy call is a Rift. It’s a tear between the various dimensions that make up the Mega-Verse,” said Damien.
She was listening intently to what Damien was saying and thought about learning something that might be useful to the group. “Can I take it the rest of the world knows nothing of this, and if I wanted to learn more, who would I go and see?”
The group headed out of the back door and the snow had started to come down, it had been forecast to hit but the weather had thought it would hit this evening.
Cath pulled on her winter jacket and joined Damien at the back of the group. The grounds of the Club could be called a winter wonderland. Down near the front of the club were a few snow men and other snow made items.
“The people to see about learning about things different, as we call it, would be Duggie or Sharra. Sharra is at the moment on operation with the Marauding Hammers and the Hunters in the South East, they are policing numerous gangs in the area that are running out of control. If this hadn’t happened I would be supporting the forces as I am an Elite Conspiracy operator, I graduated from the Academy some 20 years ago. Jaboc the owner of the Club and grounds graduated 22 years ago.”
The group walked down the garage ramp into the garage and across the work zone towards a large archway that looked like it entered another large room, with some form of screen running opposite the door.
The group entered and Cath realised the screen demarked what looked like to her, anyway, an armoury as the person working the desk was cleaning an assault rifle. “Is that an armoury Damien?”
“Yes it is. The Club doubles as the second Conspiracy command centre for Surra and Suraban south of the river. Jaboc also allows the local Street Ghosts to use the armoury and control centre for their operations. We have a full 200metre range. Battle simulator room, full gym with two grabit courts and a combat training area, we also have a full swimming pool and a leisure pool,” said Damien as the group walked into the canteen.
Cath looked around the canteen and saw it was about a third full, a small group of youngsters, all of them wearing Gith style clothes sat with a couple of adults. Hillary walked away after giving a couple of the youngsters a quick kiss on the head.
“Who are the youngsters?” she asked and pointed at the group.
“Those are Young Gangrels that operate out the apartment closest to the south side of the main gate,” said Damien.
A couple of minutes the group walked out of the food run and they sat on three tables.
“When we’ve finished here I’ll introduce you to Duggie,” said Damien.
Cath smiled at Damien.

Jon noticed a tall gent walked over from the ramp down and sat beside Nicole. He said when he had settled himself, “Good afternoon Jon, I hope the accommodation is good enough for you to run your campaign?”
“It is thanks, you must be Jaboc,” Jon said.
Jaboc smiled at him and then said, “Street Services News has already put a short report up about the Press Conference, and the picture is of you, and who I assume to be your two partners.”
“Theirs a report already up?” said Fred sounding very surprised.
“It don’t surprise me, Street Services News are one of the more professional street news groups Jon. That is the reason why I organised an interview with the pair,” said Sandra.
Jon nodded his understanding of what Sandra had done. “The pair did ask if they could shadow us as we go about campaigning.”
Nicole and Jane now looked slightly surprised.
“That is good, then the people get to see the insides of a campaign as it happens, the ups and the downs, which I expect a few of both,” said Jane.
“Jaboc, what is the situation concerning a polling centre?” asked Nicole.
“At the moment I think aren’t the Gangrels organising that Sarah?” asked Jaboc.
“Yeah the 36th and 38th Youth feeder units are sorting that at the moment,” said Sarah, “we should have it fully working by middle of next week. We’re waiting on BT&W Telecoms to sort the connections out.”
“If they don’t then ask Cybersystems Communications to take the contract, they will provide a better service than BT&W,” said Nicole.
Jon looked at Sarah and saw she was thinking about some thing. She took out her PDU and was very quickly talking on it to someone.
“So with the information from the calls, NetMails and what you’ve said, I wish I hold the second one tomorrow, but I think I will wait,” he said smiling a laughing type of smile.

*****

Stood out the back of the apartment were Jon, Cath and Fred they all had overnight bags and dress and suit bags. They were waiting for Barry and Damien to arrive as they would be transporting the three to Gangrel Command for the Gathering. The plan was to arrive early and have Sarah give the three a guided tour and then attend the Gathering.
Barry pulled the armoured MPV and Damien climbed out of the passenger’s door and opened the rear door for the three.
The three carried their bags and climbed in. placing them on the spare seat in the very back. Fred sat in the rear seat taking out his PDU and lighting the Cambar cigarette in his mouth.
“What you reading Fred?” asked Cath.
“Reports from the Suraban City Government, Bee was able to get them and someone has got to be up to speed on them,” replied Fred.
“Very true, so what have you found out?” Jon asked as he strapped himself in. He watched as Barry checked the three passengers and then placed his head against the head rest.
Barry closed his eyes and Jon heard Damien say very quietly, “Five, four, three, two, one.”
The electrics came on and the engine started.
“I would warn you, this is unnerving for me, and I’ve known Barry a long time,” said Damien.
Jon watched as the MPV, reversed and the steering wheel moved as the vehicle turned towards the main gate. The MPV stopped moving in reverse and in a fraction of a second it was moving forward heading for the main gate. The MPV slowed and the barrier lifted allowing the MPV out. It turned north and then east at the first junction. Very soon it was accelerating up the on ramp of the CW6 heading for IC1.

*****

An hour and a half later the MPV came off the IC7 and headed along the road heading for the coast and drove straight passed the entrance to Gate 1. Jon knew Barry was heading for Gate 2 which was close to the entrance to the command they had been told to use. Barry stopped the MPV at the gate and brought his head away from the head rest and smiled as one of the Gangrels working Gate 2 walked towards the MPV
The window came down and the Gangrel asked, “What’s your business.”
Jon noticed the finger was outside but he wasn’t sure if the safety was off or on.
“Jon Caser, and party,” said Barry.
“Ok, no problem, Sarah told us you would be coming to this gate instead of the main one.” The Gangrel turned and indicated to lift the bar. He called as Barry pulled away, “I’ll be supporting you Jon.”
“Thanks,” Jon called back.
Barry drove the MPV towards a large hanger and turned into the open door. Barry slowed and stopped near a control panel and lent out and pressed the button that said level 3.
The lift started to go down and a few seconds later the outside showed a massive underground hanger with military vehicles and CSMRs on.
Jon just stared at what he was seeing, he knew the Gangrels had a large force of mercenary commands, but he never realised they had access to this type of equipment.
“Meet the real Gangrel Command, it’s an old Fighters base from back during the Schism 2500 years ago. Here and the underground facilities at Club Millana are thought to have been constructed to provide the fighters with a base capable of withstanding a siege by the enemy. A lot of the military equipment on this and level 2 belongs to the 18 Gangrel Mercenary Commands.”
The lift passed through a massively thick piece of concrete.
Cath asked, “How thick is the concrete?”
“Ten metres,” responded Damian as the lift appeared into a second level also with a large number of military vehicles on. “Are used by the Mercenary Commands in their work around the Delliudum Nexus War zone. If you are wondering why you’ve never heard of the war zone, it is because it is an area of the planet that is being fought over by currently I think two alien intelligences, four Daemon Lords and one army commanded by a Godling. The five commands make sure the War doesn’t spread and to maintain the perimeter they need to be equipped with the best equipment. Echo Tech Inc and ATEC military have full military bases in the area and they normally host between two and four full battle divisions of 40,000 veteran and elite personal.”
“My creator!” exclaimed Cath, “and the Gangrels do this voluntarily?”
“Yes,” said Damian, “this is the sense of family a Gangrel gets by being a member, he or she or it, will never be alone, never be with out friends or support. All the Gangrels ask in return are have an open mind and accept people as people, 99.9% of Gangrels do and to that end the Commands have never been without volunteers to fill the ranks. All Gangrels normally have the field rating of Veteran due to the fact they would have likely come from the Street Scene, the Gangrel Youth Feeder Units or the Gangrel Street Gang.”
The lift moved through a second ten metre thick floor and roof and entered the third level, which was filled with normal civilian vehicles.
“I can take it these are not normal civilian vehicles?” Jon asked.
“I wouldn’t have thought so,” said Barry as he drove the MPV off the lift when it came to a stop at the floor.
When the MPV was off the lift disappeared up. Barry drove towards where he had been told to and stood waiting for them was a couple of Gangrels. Barry parked up and the people inside climbed out and grabbed their cases and bags.
The pair walked over and the woman said, “Welcome to Gangrel Command Jon I’m Darla and this is my slave Toma. We have been asked to escort you to a small apartment and then to Sarah’s office so she can give you a guided tour. I can see by your face you are somewhat shocked by what you have seen so far?”
“Yes,” Jon replied.
“It gets better, level 7 is currently occupied by the 7th Echo Tech Heavy Assault and the 2nd Mechanised Infantry Divisions. All of their vehicles are also on the level. The Hanger on floors six through eight, and we don’t use level eight, is at least four times bigger then levels one through five.”
“That’s illegal under World Government Law governing the Corporate Armies?” responded Fred.
“It is, but the World Government turns a blind eye to it because of the good work Echo Tech Inc and Echo County do world wide. Echo County and on odd occasions Echo Tech normally provides the bulk of the initial policing and peace keeping forces. The other countries replace the troops from Echo County and Echo Tech Inc when the country has been initially secured. The forces stay just off the coast and provide assistance and also long range missile fire for the other forces,” said Darla.
“And remember Echo County is outside World Government Control when it comes to the world laws, the county follows them out of respect for the good the WG tries to do planetwide,” said Barry.
Jon nodded as he was hoping to take a nofficial visit to Echo County and start some informal talks into Suraban and Echo City becoming trading partners. He was planning on muting the idea during the writing of his manifesto. As when he was in power as it would mean the citizens of Suraban wanted him and his ideas and the idea of his colleagues.
Darla led the party through a door and down a small corridor. At the end was a t-junction and Darla turned right and then went up a ramp. On the wall of the foot of the ramp was a message board saying sublevel 9, the board also had an arrow pointing up the ramp and the words ‘Sublevel 8’.
“How many floors are there?” Jon asked.
“In total 24 sublevels and 8 levels, levels represent the hanger areas, the sublevels are human size floors and it is normally three sublevels to a level,” said Toma from the back.
A few minutes later the group arrived outside a door. They were now on Sublevel 7
“Arhhhh,” Jon exclaimed, “have you got a map for the place?”
“There should be one on your PDUs,” said Darla. “I’ll pop back in thirty minutes to show you to Sarah and your guided tour.”
He turned and said, “Thanks Darla,” and joined the group in the small apartment.
The entrance corridor had four doors each leading to a double bedroom. The main lounge/kitchen area was large and leading from the living room was six doors, two led to toilets and the last four led to single bedrooms.
“This is impressive,” said Cath as she walked out of one of the single rooms.
“I know, this is my first time actually inside Gangrel Command,” said Barry. “I had heard it was impressive, but what I saw coming in, it is truly amazing.”
“I’ve been to Gangrel Command on a couple of occasions and it still impresses me,” said Damien. “The first time was the partnershipping of Nibs to Sandra, Tina to Abs and Amy to Paul, the ceremony and the reception after, were amazing plain and simple.”
Barry walked into the kitchen after dropping his bags off and said, “What’s everyone having to drink?”

*****

Knock, knock came from the door.
Cath walked up the corridor and opened it revealing Darla and Sarah both standing on the other side. “Come in.” She moved out of the way of the door to allow the pair in. She closed the door and followed the pair into the living room.
Sarah said when she and Darla had entered the living room, “Welcome to Gangrel Command, sorry I wasn’t present to meet you, but something came up and I’m happy to say that Timothy and has group will not be attending this evening. Some thing to do with an important meeting he’s got this evening. Let’s just say I think I know the real reason.”
“And that would be what?” asked Fred.
“The fact forces loyal to me and the command are decimating the unlisted gangs in the area and people here think he was planning to launch a coup against me with those gangs. Nearly all of them have been taught our way of fighting, been equipped with equipment that was suppose to have been destined for the Gangrel Units in the area,” said Sarah smiling.
“I think the Hunters and the rest of the policing forces we sent to the area are beginning to hurt,” said Darla.
“That is really good news, I’ve not been much for looking at the gang issues in Suraban, until now that is. Isn’t Simon dealing with Youth Issues and that age bracket?”
Fred nodded ‘Yes he is’.
“Good, I will need a long chat with him as I think my first speech should be on Youth Issues and Education generally,” said Jon.
“Anyway are the three of you ready for your guided tour of Command?” asked Sarah.
“Yes I think so,” said Jon as he, Cath and Fred stood up.
“You two coming or not?” asked Sarah to Damien and Barry.

*****

The group returned to the apartment at about 19:00 and Cath said, “I have got to go and get ready. Men.” She walked towards the nearest double room and closed the door behind her. Inside the room she headed for the wardrobe and opened it to find second dress, with a note hung around its neck.
She took the dress out of the wardrobe and laid it on the bed removing the note which she read —
‘To Cath
When Nibs sent us the link to the thread I was not sure as I looked at all three of you’s GhostNet pages, but meeting you, I can see that this might work and give the street what it truly needs a good kick up the arse.
Accept the dress as a gift from me, Nicole, and Jane.’

She looked at the dress and it was made extistiquetly. A second note caught her eye as she went to put the first one down.
‘To Cath
Let me tell you about the dresses.
They are both made from the silk of the silk spider from the planet of Kerann in the Anvil Galaxy. The silk itself has some very special qualities in its makeup and how it shimmers naturally, but like the nanites, the silk seems to need body heat to shimmer and it don’t matter what colour you dye it, it still shimmer’s in that colour. Another property is that it never needs cleaning. I’ve have three formal dresses made from the silk and I have never needed to clean any of them once.
Jane’

She headed into the bathroom to wash and start getting ready.

*****

Stood with Darla and Toma were Jon, Cath, Fred, Damien and Barry, on the plinth was Sarah and Gaz and walking between the staircase in and the plinth was eight new members all from North District Hammers. There had already been a group of three from SD Unit Nine introduced and they were standing with Darla and Toma as well as was Dark Legion and a few non Gangrels.

*****

Day 1 - 5th Novtar 11:00
The double doors leading to the conference room were closed, on the other side was the political Press Pack. They were all waiting for this the Press Conference to let Suraban and the world know the Street had a new champion and that person was Jon Caser.
Sarah walked through and said, “I’ll introduce you Jon and then retreat off stage.”
Jon nodded ‘Ok, lets do this’
Sarah turned the pushed the double doors open and led Jon and entire political team through the doors into their first major press conference.
The instant the double doors opened and Sarah walked through the flash guns of the cameras started to fire the white light causing a couple of the group to see a bright light and dots.
Sarah walked to the lectern and waited for the team to sort them selves out. When they had Jon was stood just to the side of the lectern and Sarah said, “Ladies and gents of the Press Pack Jon Caser.” stepped away and walked off the platform.
Jon took the two steps and stood in front of the same people as he had a week previous when he announced he was looking into standing. “Thank you Sarah. Ladies and gents of the Press Pack, the voters watching on the teles, and the corporate sponsors of the other candidates, I am standing for election to the position of Leader of Suraban City Government. I might add to that fact I already have 15 million in a campaign fund, gifted to the fund by Nicole and Jane Chancer and we are in negotiations with another three weathly members of society. After this press conference I will be finalising funding negations with Gratten-Jigick.
“I shall now introduce the team behind me, starting with my campaign manager, I will let them give a short speal about themselves. My campaign manager is Robert Duval. Robert?”
Robert stepped forward and in a clear voice said, as the flash guns fired, “Thank you Jon, I’m Robert Duval, I’m 20 years old and am a female to male Trans-sexual.” Robert stepped back into the group.
Jon continued when Robert had stepped back, “Thank you Robert, his deputy Alli McGuier.”
Alli stepped forward and like Robert said in a clear voice, “I’m Alli McGuier and whilst on the campaign will be an assistant to Robert and also until we find someone, the communications director. My partner stood at the back is Tracy a Male to Female full time crossdresser.”
Jon saw a few of the cameras turn and took a few photos of the people stood at the back, when he looked back Alli had already re-taken her place in the group. “Next is Alan Fostan and Simon Grayson Jnr of Grayson Lawyers Ltd, the campaign’s legal team.”
The pair stepped forward and smiled at the press pack and stepped back into the group.
Jon continued, “Head of security, Damien Cameron.”
At this Damien stepped and said, “To all those out there wishing to try and stop Jon’s campaign you will be fighting me and a few other notables from the street scene.” Damien stepped back and smiled at Jon.
“The next two will be the bane of those wishing to listen in on conversations, my campaign’s Anti-Surveillance team, Andres Cutters and Red-Feathers.”
The pair stepped forward and smiled at the press pack and then stepped back into the group.
“It is with sadness that I am unable to introduce the Net Team, but when we left the Head Quarters Misty was NetDiving and Bee was supporting. They were hunting an intruder who had managed to break through the defences.”
After a few seconds Jon continued, “My advisorary staff are as follows and again each will step forward and they may or may not say a few words. The lady with the task of advising me in matters concerning education is Heather MacFields, she has come to the team from being the Headmistress of Central District High.”
Heather stepped forward and said, “Good morning to you all, my main aim is to improve the city run schools to the same level as those with corporate sponsors.” She then stepped back into the group.
“Thank you Heather. City security and also my advisors on Justice Inspector David Pilles and Judge Harry Fritz.”
The pair stepped forward and David indicated for the Judge to speak first.
“Thank you David and Jon for inviting me to be a member of the team. My goal here is to advise Jon on the best way forward as it concerns the justice system and also city security. I shall hand you over to my colleague.”
“Thank you Your Honour, I’m Inspector David Pilles from the City Security Office on the borders of West Hills and Blue Ridge Districts. My goal is to look at how the City and Echo Security can be improved.” When David had finished the pair stepped back into the group.
“Thank you David and Judge Fritz. We now come to Youth issues and my I introduce a man credited with the Gangrel Street Gang now holding the contract to Central to act as its policing arm. The Gangrel Street Gang is at this moment operating in the South East policing the unlisted gangs that have set up in that area. Simon Tims.”
Simon stepped forward and said, “Thank you Jon. I should not be credited with that accolade alone. My main aim is to make sure the youth are not over looked and that the laws and rules governing the youth and youth related crime are strengthened. I will be continuing as leader of Central as it now in a better place and almost run’s itself.” Simon stepped back and smiled at Jon.
“The positions of Work/Corporations is being held by two people who need no introduction, but their work as active Street Ghosts means they are not here today. Nicole and Jane Chancer are you there?”
“We are,” replied Nicole’s voice over speakers beside the podium. “At the moment we are in Eban on operation, but Jon knows that unless we are working then we are both and others where we are, are available to advise and assist.”
“Thank you Nicole and Jane. My next advisor is James Carts and he comes with the recommendation of two Street Ghost Notables. James Carts, who is an expert in how a city should run as he wrote a series of articles on good and bad practices in Cities around the world. James, I’m I right when I say that 30 of the 45 cities you studied have implanted your advice?”
“You are correct Jon,” replied James in a cool voice as he stepped forward. “My role will be to study Suraban City, when I wrote the articles I didn’t study Suraban. That is what I am going to do, I am going to study Suraban and advise Jon as to the best practice.” James stepped back and quite literally he disappeared into the group.
“My Health advisor has over his life worked in some hell holes and also City run and financed hospitals, which using his own language where pretty close to hell holes themselves. He has for the last eight years worked as a Consultant General Doctor at the Echo Tech Medical Facility that served Bariskin District, Dr Hill.”
Dr Hill stepped forward and said, “Ladies and gents of Suraban, Suraban has in the last five years slipped down the world league tables. I asked myself this very question and surface reading of the World Government Health League Table report states that Suraban’s lack of money will soon force the closure of all the public hospitals. Not if I can help it.” Dr Hill stepped back and re-joined the line.
“A job advert for the audience. Is there anyone out there who can say hand on heart they have the guts to step up to the plate and be an advisor to me on Finance or Services, we need you. Now we have come to the last person, probably the second most important behind me and Robert our campaign team’s Spoke’s Person. May I introduce the person most of you will get to know very well over the coming months and you never know maybe at least four years, Malla.”
Malla stepped forward and her face was just a smile. “Ladies and gents of the Press Pack, may I have your attention please, will become the signal for you all to be quiet for I am going to speak, and you never know if I like you, you might get a bit extra. One last thing before I go by the end of the campaign you will all have tried my chai.” Malla stepped back and finished the line.
“Thank you Malla. Now I introduce the last two people these two are the main reason I wrote the NetMail that started this, my partners Cath and Fred.”
The pair stepped up and stood beside Jon
“Right I ask Sarah Cutherlate to please return to the podium so she may chair the question session.” Jon stepped away with Cath and Fred.

“Thank you ladies and gent,” said Sarah. “Jon and the entire team will be available for one on ones afterwards, and again may I add I think you will enjoy the evening Jon spoke of earlier.”
Sarah stepped away from the podium and said to Jon, “That went better than I hoped, it’s great everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.”
Robert walked over and said, “I have to admit I was as nervous as hell before the door opened but the second I looked out and heard you speak, my nerves disappeared. I’ve not heard passion like that in a long time. Anyway I think it is time to mingle, don’t you.”
“Yes,” Jon said, “I can honestly say I’ve felt the passion I do now, we can do this I can be the first elected leader from the streets.” He joined Robert as they left the raised area and entered the Press Pack.
Jon passed one reporter asking Fred, “What is your relationship with Cath and Jon?”
In another Alli replied whilst her arm was wrapped around Tracy’s waist, “I find Tracy caring and compassionate, but she still gives me what I need.”
Cath caught him up and grabbed him around the waist.
Drindra stopped them and asked, “You two up for an interview? Everyone else seems a bit busy.”
He looked at the room and saw all of the team in one on ones.
“You did great up there, I now firmly believe you can do this,” said Brinbra. “I know where my cross is going. I can also tell you, the proxy holding companies are haemoging control back into the hands of the people.”
Jon thought when he had heard Brindra’s statement about the Proxy Holding Companies, ‘YES.’ “Thanks for that, it will make a few people very happy. It might come down to a two aracbarck race.”
Brindra smiled at him and Cath as Brindra’s partner returned and took a few snaps of the lucky pair.
“You’ve probably been asked this a thousand times, but the three of you how does it work?”
“Cath here is my first and Fred is my second, but Cath is also Fred’s first and I am Fred’s second. Fred is naturally subverient to us and so does most of the household chores when he’s not working.”
Brindra sat and thought about her next question, “I must appologise, but in bed what happens?”
Cath replied, “I sleep between Jon and Fred.”
Brindra nodded that she had heard the reply. “Your bodyguard team, I mean being led by Damien Cammeron is quite a coupe, and to have Andres Cutters and Red-Feathers, again two more notables, who else is in the team?”
“A few of the others are the Trazzan Twins, Bret Rogers, Simon Peters, and when the issues in the South East have been sorted, the two members from the Pen Wolf Hounds have said they will be available to Damien if he needs them,” Jon said.

Robert walked from the raised area and was almost immediately caught by one of the reporters from the Surran National Times.
“Robert, can I ask you a few questions please?”
“Certainly, you are?” he asked.
“David Yun, Surran National Times. It must be strange being in such a high profile position and yet you are just 20. What’s it like being a young man, and running the campaign? I have a couple of other questions as well.”
“Ok. Mm,” he replied. “To be honest I’m still finding my feet in the whole scene. My first real introduction to the Street Scene was when I met Nibola Calton and Tina Griffiths, two more trans women, as we call ourselves I’m a trans man, I already knew Tracy and a few others from meeting them at the local youth centre we went to. My second and what changed me from working in the Corps to working full time as a Street Ghost, was the Wacker War. I had sent a NetMail to Nibs, as I know her, saying I was looking at the scene and she sent back get your self to Club Millana and help us kick Wacker out of the area they had seized. About three hours later a friend of mine was dropping me off out the back of the Club, and the following day I had been given 35k as an apprentice to a group of Street Ghosts that included Damien, Richard C, Nicole, Andres, Red-Feathers, Nibs and Sandra. I got the remainder of my money which was 140k a week later. A few days after that I was operating with the first line support to a raid organised by Echo Special Security under orders of the World President.”
David stared at him. “That is some bapitism.”
“Yeah, you had other questions for me?”
“Er, yes, sorry. Being a trans man, what do you bring to the campaign? May I say, my normal partner, who is sick today, would go for you in a big way, he’s bi, but I think he prefers men.”
Robert laughed and he would get the cold shoulder, I’m not ready for any relationship. Let me answer that by asking you this, being a reporter you are a nosy individual, yes?”
David nodded ‘yes’ in reply whilst he was furiously writing.
“You must have seen bigotry and bullying?”
Again he nodded ‘yes’.
“I was on the receiving end of some very nasty bullying, not only from my school, but also some elements in my family, I found the Young Trans Site and through that I was able to escape. I thank people like Tracy, Nibs, and others for helping me. I despise bullying and corheration the corporations use, I worked for a corporation for a few months before I quit and joined the ranks of the Street Ghost culture. I find the Street Ghost culture and the Street Scene don’t lie, to forward their goals. I will make sure no-one lies on the literature or in speeches or press releases. The Street Scene do not lie unless to an enemy. Any more?”
“No. May I ask for a proper one on one sit down chat, type of thing. I think the readers will find you and the rest of the staff highly interesting?”
“I have no problem with that, you will need to contact the office so I can look at my diary,” Robert replied and moved off in the direction of Simon.

At the end of the questions Alli moved off heading for Tracy whom had been at the back of the conference room.
“You did great,” said Tracy.
The pair embraced and she planted a kiss on her partner’s lips. “Now lets go and do our job, sell Jon Caser to the public.”
“Yeah lets.”
The pair turned and Alli slipped her arm behind Tracy’s back as a young reporter approached.
“Good morning, I’m James Pierce from the North Suraban College Paper. Can I ask you both some questions?”
“With pleasure,” Alli replied and she was now smiling as a second young person walked over and took a few pictures of the pair.
“I couldn’t help but see the embrace, are you to partners or something?”
“We are,” replied Tracy.
“You are a male to female Trans person and you are a real girl, I know the terms you use in the chat rooms as I am an admirer. What makes Tracy so special?”
Alli thought about the question and replied, “I find Tracy caring and compassionate, but she still gives me what I need.”
“To me Alli is the person I need, I’m a scatterbrain, she keeps me together, and is a loving partner who is there for all the people we know from the Young Trans site we use. That’s how we met and how we know Robert and Nibs,” replied Tracy
“It was Nibs who got me the deputy’s position to Robert,” Alli said.
David sat and wrote notes for the report he would write on the press conference.
“My next question is what do you bring to the table, so to speak? Being Deputy Campaign Manager is a very important position and is normally filled by people with 20 years experience, politics can be a very dirty game.”
“Both me and Robert know this, and we bring a youthful outlook to the campaign. More specifically I bring organisational skills and a head that deals with figures. Before Nibs offered me the job I worked for TXG in the accounts department,” Alli replied.
David wrote more and then looked up and said, “Thanks. I’ll be in contact if I need anything more.”
She felt someone tap her on the shoulder and say, just before a hand holding a stack of something appeared in front of her face. “Hot off the presses, business cards.”
She took them and looked at the top one. “Here you go be the first to receive my business card.”
“Thanks,” said David and took the card. “And here take mine.”

*****

Jon looked around the room as the door closed on the last of the Press Pack, bar those Press Pack friendly with the cause.
“Not as hostile as I had thought they would have been,” said Damien.
“I think they are still getting over the shock that they have a real fight on their hands,” said Drindra. “I’ve just had a text from a reporter covering the Proxy Vote crisis, one company is about to fold and two more estimate only a few more days before they fold as well.”
“We’ve won then,” said Fred.
Jon stepped off the platform and said, “No we’ve not, we’ve just levelled the playing field. They will come at us with everything. This is going to get a lot more dirty, and our first job is to find out who we are up against corporation wise and who the candidate is. Can I leave that in your’s and Misty’s capable hands, Damien, and keep it in house.”
Damien looked at him and said, “Of course, I already know the team make-up.”
He sat beside Damien and said, “Back to the head quarters and then to see Gratten Jigick. Then to see mum, I hope my family haven’t done what I know they would have, squandered mum’s inheritance.”
“Where is she,” asked Damien, “this is the first time you’ve spoken about it.”
“My family disowned me when I told my oldest brother to ‘go and shove his head down the toilet and flush’ the utter corporate garbage that came from his and the other five, three brothers, two sisters, I’m the 4th,” he said. “I walked out and never looked back. I wouldn’t even know where my mum was if it hadn’t been for my youngest brother telling a person the three of us were body guarding.”
Damien laughed at the method.
“He never realised it was me standing right behind him. Jake is the only member of the family I would have time for, he was always led by the rest,” he said and stood up. “Lets get this place sorted and back I could do with some food.”
Fifty minutes later the convoy was pulling into the car-bays out the back of the headquarters. Damien and the Jules Bennet got out of the lead and last MPV. They signalled it was clear and the mini-bus and the MPVs emptied.
Everyone moved on mass towards the garage entrance and then onto the canteen for lunch.

Brinda looked over as Hillary left the group and headed for the group of young people. She watch slightly surprised at Hillary’s action of kissing two of the youngsters on the head.
Hillary quickly re-joined the group and Brinda dropped back to where she was and asked, “With that action and the sheer fact I swear I recognize you Hillary, who are you?”
Hillary quietly laughed as said, “Did you ever meet Renton Ford and his wife?”
“Yes once just over a year ago, your not?”
Hillary smiled at the answer.
“Then are the kids his and what I remember he controlled people, he tried to control me and Syanna?”
“Yes they are, Jan and Dantone, I divorced him a couple of months ago and as my faith is that of Pagano, I legally partnered Paul Atrun a few months before that,” replied Hillary.
She stared in shock and turned her head to look at her. “Your Paul Atrun’s partner.” She again looked away in surprise.
The group left the food run and moved to a couple of tables. Hillary sat down across the table from Brinda. “You want to know how come?”
“Please,” she replied.
“Ok,” responded Hillary and she took a bite from the sandwich she had. “My mum lived in Echo City and worked as a store manager of Chakka Clothing, I went to the local Echo Tech Academy and as a school trip we visited Echo Tower and Paul was available to talk to us. The last couple of years of a student’s life, they intern at a work place. I did mine at Digital Systems Echo County and the person chatting to us about what we could expect was Paul, he remembered me from the visit and he took me under his wing. We dated back then, he even took me as his partner to the Academy Reception Ball. Mum took a promotion and moved to be Area Manager of Suraban and so we moved, I met Renton and fell for his charm and I admit it myself his position. It took Paul walking back into my life and the help he gave Dantone for me to see the wood from the trees and divorce Renton. I proposed to Paul in front of the main stage at the Low Back Green festival in the middle of Malboarth. We were partnered by Sarah Cutherlate on the first Savraday of Ottamar in a local wood that has special meaning to Dantone, Ann Dantone’s partner and a few other people.”
“I would never have believed that Paul would love someone that much, he always seemed to be, not cold, but not as warm as he could be,” Brinda said and took a mouthful of the juice she had.
“I know exactly what you mean, but he’s never been like that with me, he was always very open and absolutely adores the kids, and they couldn’t wish for a better dad, caring, understanding, disciplines them when they need it, which isn’t much as they have both taken to being Young Gangrels with relish. I help out in running the group and I’ve not seen either of them unhappy at anything, even when Dantone’s partner Ann goes home, as he knows she misses him as much as he misses her.”
Brinda knew her face was one of ‘what?’
“During the last school break Dantone started volunteering at a local vet’s near where we lived, he met Ann on the first day and it was love at first sight, Dantone is what we in the Conspiracy call a Psi-Druid. In the same way as a druid of old, he loves animals and plants, except he uses his mind to do what the druids did. Ann is about to become an apprentice Vet Nurse at the clinic.”
The Young Gangrels stood and left following Surat out towards the apartment.
“See the dog at Dantone’s heel?” asked Hillary.
Brinda looked around saw what Hillary had said. “Yes.”
“That is Dantone’s first true animal friend, she never goes far from him and as he gets up from doing something, her head looks around for what he’s doing. Before you ask, I have no idea, nor does Paul.”

After lunch when everyone was back at the Headquarters Jon said to the staff, “Get me to a position of being able to win this election.” He turned to Barry and said, “Shall we.”
“When ever you are ready Jon,” said Barry.
The pair walked towards the door and was joined by Fred.
“You are going to need a PA I think,” said Fred.
As Jon walked he thought about it. “Yeah I am really.”
Outside the three walked to the MPV he used as his main vehicle.
Fifty minutes later Barry lent out and pressed the call button.
A male voice sounded from the speaker, “Who is it please?”
“Jon Caser, Mr Jigick is expecting him,” replied Barry.
“Certinely, come up please.”
The gates opened and allowed the MPV up the driveway. Jon looked at the house as the MPV left the hedgerow driveway and the house was massive. The entire left hand end was covered in scaffolding and it look like Grattan was having some work done to the roof. The main door stood open and in it was a large dark skinned gent.
Barry pulled up and climbed out and proceeded to open the door for Jon.
He climbed out and smiled at the gent. Fred climbed out and followed Jon up the steps to the front door.
At the door Grattan said, “Bring your driver in, I make it a policy all are welcome until unwelcome.”
“Thank you Mr Jigick. Barry come here, your on the guest list too.”
Barry quickly joined them as they walked into the house.
“Please my name is Grattan.” He led the party into the living room and from that into a large office that was the front right corner.
Grattan indicated to the group to take the easy chairs whilst he went about sorting some drinks. “Any of you want a drink?”
“No, I’m alright we’ve only just had lunch,” replied Jon.
“I’m alright, thank you,” replied Fred.
Grattan walked back to the easy chairs carrying a cup. When he had sat down he said, “May I say your press conference was excellent. The passion you all have came through in the answers to the questions. I know where most of my staff’s votes will be ending up, in the box beside your name. Politics today is all about the big money, it no long benefits the people which is wrong I think and a lot of Jigick Fuel Oil hold similar opinions as well. I’m an exile from Chivvera and have funded the rebellion in the mountains and foot hills for over fifteen years. I also provide a place where native Chivverians find a home away from home. Even non Chivverians learn to speak Chivverian.”
“Now that sounds good,” said Fred.
“Shall we get down to business,” said Grattan.
“Yes let’s,” Jon said.

*****

An hour and a half later both Jon and Grattan were pleased with the final settlement and Grattan said, “Can I invite you and your partners to a banquette I’m hosting for some corporate bigwigs. All of wife’s first child’s friends and family are coming and I can think of a better person to give a speech, I’ll leave the topic up to you, but I hope you make it interesting.”
Jon stood up and thought about the planned speeches. “As the plan is for me to give six speeches in a few weeks, could I organise a couple of people to install a couple of camera bugs, so the speech can be broadcast.”
“I don’t see any problem with that, I’ll warn the attendees that my speaker is wishing to record the speech for later broadcast, which I think will suitably intrigue them into coming,” said Gratten.
“I think I know the perfect subject as well,” he said, “I think you will find this subject most interesting.”
Gratten led the party back through the house and said at the main door, “I will look forward to hearing from you.”
The front door opened and in walked a pair of women.
“Arh, Cassandra, Mary, Jon Caser, Fred and Barry.”
“The pleasure is all mine,” said Cassandra. “Good luck in the campaign. I hope you do win and give the corporations a good slap.”
“Don’t we all. Thank you Grattan, we will be in touch as I would like you to be at my first speech in a few weeks. I’m going to be making it between the sets of Dark Legion and a new band just being signed by Gangrel Music. It’s the new band that’s headlining the night,” he said.
Cassandra made a face that said ‘that sounds interesting’. “Would it be possible for us to bring our three children?”
“I don’t know as the speech is happening at Club Millana on the weekend of 22 Novtar,” he said. “We’ll contact you closer to the date.”
“Thank you for your time Jon and good luck.”
Jon walked down the steps and Barry opened the front door and allowed Jon to climb in.
Fred climbed into the back seats and said, “Now that is a nice man.”
“He is,” said Barry and he asked, “Where to now?”
“Blac Cove Nursing Home, and expect another passenger,” Jon replied.
Barry went about locating the home and said, “How come?”
“I have five brothers and sisters three older, two younger. Out of the whole family the only person I would have time for is the youngest, I walked out of home due to the rest of them and what came from their mouths. I do see the oldest being the one to have put mum in the Nursing Home and is probably paying for it out of the inheritance,” replied Jon. “I only found out because I was working a body guard job and over heard the youngest chatting to my client about it.”
Barry looked up and didn’t look very happy at that information. “Found it. I think I might drive off the rig as I also like the scenary and chatting to interesting people.”

up
46 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Something I noticed

“his and the other five, three brothers, two sisters, I’m the 4th,” he said.

“I have five brothers and sisters, three older, two younger."

The first quote seems to imply a total of seven children, the second implies a total of six. One of them has to be wrong.

I read the Nibs stories a while ago, and this is an interesting continuation, albeit incomplete.