Born Twice - Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Born Twice
By Alyssa Plant

'A slight smile came to her lips as she realised she was on her boyfriends bed where the two of them had just been making out.'

Chapter 8

Charlie awoke the next morning. She was in her room, the party had happened, she could feel the dry, carpety taste in her mouth from a night of alcohol and cigarette smoke.
Swinging her feet out of the bed, she padded to the bathroom to relive herself.
Sitting on the toilet she could see her image reflected in the mirror above the wash basin…
Bedraggled; yes, tired; yes, but she realised she still saw Rebecca staring back at her.
Touching her fingertips to her lip she recalled the kiss. Her very first kiss… and it had been with a boy. A floor mate for god’s sake.
That would lead to problems she thought as she finished her business and wandered out of her room towards the kitchen in search of caffeine.

Walking into the kitchen he was surprised to find Page and Annie sat at the table, chatting over mugs of coffee.

Charlie froze.

“Oh morning, not feeling to hung-over I hope?” Page smiled.

“I uh, no, not really, I didn’t drink that much” Charlie shrugged as she moved to the coffee maker to pour herself a mug of thick black wakeup juice.

“You girls stayed here last night?” She asked casually.

Annie giggled, “Uhuh, looks like someone else has a walk of shame later too… How long have you and Paul been seeing each other?”

Charlie turned bright red. “No no! We’re just friends, I just went as his date because another friend couldn’t make it…”
Page looked confused for a moment.
“But you’re here…. Who did you stay with?”

I stayed in my room… I live here.”

It was Annie’s turn to look confused;

”isn’t this an all guys floor?”

”uhuh” Charlie mumbled as she stretched, suddenly realising how she was dressed, and where things were going, quickly, she dropped her arms. A baggy band tee-shirt and the underwear from the night before wasn’t the most sensible outfit to wander the floor in.

“Now this might sound stupid” Page said slowly, taking a sip from her mug, “But why do you live here then?” arching her eyebrows as if to punctuate the question.
It looked like she was flat out of options.

“Uh, it’s a long story,”

Charlie told them everything. And she was in tears by the time she had finished talking.

Annie moved her chair around the table and pulled Charlie into a hug.

The Dams burst and Charlie sobbed against Annie’s shoulder.

“I promise your secret is safe sweetie” Page soothed. “We honestly had no clue, and you’ll just be Rebecca to us, hell, anyone can see you’re not a boy”

Charlie sniffed and slumped down in her chair.

“I never realised what it would do to me, how I would feel, I just know its right, like when I kissed Paul… something just seemed… right. You know?”

The girls nodded

“What are you going to do now?” Annie said collecting up their mugs to wash.

“Well I guess there’s some music to face somewhere.” I just know I can’t cope with how I was, it feels like a lie… but it’s all I have.”

The girls looked at each other, “Well were taking you shopping” announced Page, “You need clothes girl, can’t run around like a tomboy for ever.”

“You, you’d do that? For me?”

“You’re a sweet girl, and Annie and I really like you. And don’t even think about it, that’s what friends are for right?” Smiled Page,

”Come on, you have someone to talk to, and we need to head home, pick you up about lunchtime? The girls both gave Charlie a hug on their way out as she steeled her nerves to knock on Paul’s door.

“Ugh, here goes nothing” She muttered as she rapped on the door.

There was a loud thump and a “coming!” from inside.

Paul opened the door and was surprised to see her there.

“Uh, Rebecca, um, sorry Charlie, uh, sup?”

“You had it right the first time.” She blushed, “We nee to talk”

“Oh, uh, sure, come in” he said standing aside to let Rebecca into his room. She walked in, and standing with her back to him, she sighed, and tried to find the courage to say the words.

”Look, about last night, I need to know how you feel about this, because, I uh, this has changed things a great deal. I can’t go back” She said as she turned to face him.
“Did you mean it?”
The confusion on Paul’s face melted, and he pulled her to him,
“Of course, every word. I was worried that you would hate me, or avoid me, or what would happen if you had gone back, I, I, I’m not gay.” He stammered.
“But then, you’re not a boy are you? Were you ever?”

”I’m here for you, please know that, I know its only been a day, but I feel something Becca, I need you, and ill kill anyone who tries to harm you. ANYONE”

Becca felt him tighten up as he said those words. And she sobbed quietly into his chest.

Paul lifted Rebecca’s chin up to meet his eyes. “You’re mine”

His lips brushed hers ever so lightly and she willingly accepted his kiss, moving her arms to surround his neck.

Their tongues danced and played and Becca felt her knees going weak.
They sat on the edge of Paul’s bed and began kissing once more, their hands touching each others bodies almost shyly.

Becca felt at peace with the word in Paul’s arms; she felt safe, and happy.

She felt his hand reach to touch her non existent breast and she shied away slightly fearing his reaction to her flatness.

There was none, and she sighed as he lightly rubbed her nipple though the material of the tee-shirt.

Almost unconsciously she felt herself leaning back against the bed and felt Paul coming with her.
Rebecca felt beyond aroused, this was the first time she had ever felt this way, and it was intoxicating, it seemed so natural, so, right.
What Paul was doing to her chest was amazing, and she pushed him off and sat to remove her tee-shirt, leaving her lying there in just her knickers feeling extremely exposed.
She saw a warm smile spread across his lips as he lowered his head to her chest.

Becca felt her breath quicken and warmth spread around her body.
There was a knock at the door, and the pair quickly detangled from each other and Rebecca redressed in her tee and sat cross-legged on the bed.

A slight smile came to her lips as she realised she was on her boyfriends bed where the two of them had just been making out.
Tom and Danny stood at the door, and seeing Rebecca behind Paul made Danny laugh out loud.
“I won, he’s a chick, and they got it on, so pay me bitch”
Danny turned back to Paul still grinning.
“Hey look man, if you’re not too busy were going for a game in the part, you up for it?”

Paul looked back at Rebecca who just smiled and nodded.

”Sure guys. Becca, you coming?” He said turning round again.

Rebecca shook her head, “Nah. Going shopping with Annie and Page, you go have fun.”

The guys bounded off down the corridor and Becca headed back to her room.

Why had nobody made a fuss? They all acted like they knew… or at the very least suspected…
Rebecca vowed to take this opportunity to do something right with her life.

So this was what happiness felt like?

Please remember to post a comment! I really appreciate your feedback!

up
112 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I am glad you have shared your muse

I really like this story and it is very nice to see one that has a certain peacefulness to it :) Please take your time writing and keep up the standards you have set yourself to.
Hugs
Diana

Great Story Alyssa!

jengrl's picture

I am glad to see that Rebecca is being accepted so well by her friends. I think that they realized that they are now seeing the beautiful butterfly that is emerging. I really like the fact that you are going back and filling in the background on how she came to be the woman she is. I am really enjoying the story and I am looking forward to seeing how she continues to blossom. I would hope that sometime down the road, she is able to show her parents that she is finally happy and successful as their daughter. Thanks again for a wonderful ride!

Hugs,

Jennifer

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Remember, this is a flash back to an earlier time

Something had to go wrong between this episode and Rebecca ending up in the states. If life was going that well, she wouldn't need to travel away from the man that supposedly cared for her to get away from her parents. Evidently, when she leaves the UK, things were not that great for her.

Alyssa, You have a very

Alyssa,
You have a very sweet and lovely story going, it is nice to see several characters in the story that accept Rebecca as she is and have stated they will stand up for and beside her. It is too bad her parents don't have the same concerns and love. Too many lives have been ruined by supposedly well meaning parents who believe "they are the only ones" who know what is best for their child(ren) at all times. They do not listen to or want to know something that goes out side their realm of reality. Rebecca is really coming alive now. J-Lynn

I Don't Usually Comment

... until the story is over but you ask, you get, with me. I'm loving the story. Keep it up. I love that it's so sweet (so far).

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Love the story

Good story, however I wish it happens that easy in real life lol. The story has a good plot and story line. The story was almost pro level and with very little more it will be a grat story. Dony get me wrong though it is up in the top for stories of this kind that are free. I again say good work and have a safe winter and drive safely. I don't want anything to happen to stop the stories lol.

Born Twice - Chapter 8

Glad that her friends accept her.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine