Tuck - Chapter 136 - Tuck Another Day Off

Printer-friendly version

Time to unlax...
Tuck by Ellen Hayes
Tuck 136 - Tuck Aother Day Off


Click on the link below to download Ellen's .txt file of Tuck 135.
Download Tuck 136 (54.2 KB).

Click here to see all of the Tuck episodes.

Visit the TuckerSpawn Forum The semi-official (Ellen shows up sometimes) website of the Tuckfen!

Don't forget to come back and leave a comment. :)

Also, go to Ellen's site and help her continue writing Tuck!

Ellen's Paypal Donation Box

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
34 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tuck 136

Great to see Tuck again. Now I wonder just who will cook the Feast for Turkey Day?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

tucks 136

i have not read tucks story in a loung time and i due find it relly good and wish you wood find time to post a few more on him er her ok have a good one take care

mr charlles r purcell
verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing

Input: My Two Cents Worth

I read some of the TuckerSpawn comments, including where you asked for input. There, you have quite a core of faithful readers, to which I did not feel adequate to comment in that forum. Anyway, my name shows up too much on the internet.

Nevertheless -- I like compound words, makes me feel educated -- I read Chapters 1 to 134 as a single read, and I found you writing style quite different than the norm. The first-person TuckPOV is an interesting approach, though I prefer writing third-person, present tense to give the reading more a current event rather than a story told feel. But, we are talking about your writing, aren't we.

Though, IMHO, as with all first-person POVs it doesn't give a lot of information and can be quite confusing as this is a story read intermittedly, not a story lived continiously. Therein, facts become muddled or even completely forgotten. Thus, first-person writing leaves the reader in the same position as the protagonist, knowing only what he/she knows, or worse. On the other hand, what we learn is just as much, and possibilly more so, a surprise to us as it is to Tuck.

There are, of course, knowledge items that the protagonist is not availed to, but my concern here is that Tuck seems to not care to know or is afraid to know -- nightmares. Is this realistic? Well, maybe in a realm of safety where not knowing something doesn't determine a threat. If not there, not knowing haunts our fear as much as any danger.

As I've given up television, I read a lot -- several serializations per day. This oftens intermingles events from different stories. That is something for a writer to keep in mind, as how can we expect the reader to enjoy the writing if he/she keeps getting lost.

Well, there is my two cents worth. If it isn't of much value, please remember: With personal inflation, two cents it's worth much anymore.

I am a grain of sand on a near beach; a nova in the sky, distant and long.
In my footprints wash the sea; from my hands flow our universe.
Fact and fiction sing a legendary song.
Trickster/Creator are its divine verse.

--Old Man CoyotePuma