Oops!

Printer-friendly version

Oops!

By Allison M

I peeked round the curtain and watched mum's car pull out of the driveway, I'd managed to convince her that I would be perfectly alright at home for an hour or so; she was only running a few errands after all. And besides, I was 14 now and 'all grown up.'

I was practically shaking with excitement as I watched her car pull away, time for some fun! I snuck into what had been my sister's room before she moved to the 'city' to get a job, gain some life experience, and so on before she went to college. I guess it was still her room, even if she hadn't used it for 3 months or so. She'd taken most of her things, but it was still 'Kate's room', according to the little flowery sign on the door. Importantly, at least for me, she'd left behind all her clothes that no longer fit, as well as bit's of jewellery and some makeup that 'wasn't her colour' or something. Plus all the posters on the wall, and enough stuffed toys to get lost in.

I'm just a little smaller than Kate, and a little shorter at 5'5"ish, so all the clothes and shoes she left behind fit me perfectly. Well, the shoes fit perfectly, the clothes would fit better with some padding in the right places. I opened her wardrobe and had a look through the hangers in there. I only had about an hour today, so couldn't try anything too fancy. I grabbed a knee-length blue denim skirt and a simple white blouse - well the sleeves were a little ruffley, but it was mostly simple - and lay them on the bed. I skipped over to the dresser, all 6 feet of the way, and picked out the white satin panties and bra which were pretty much my favourites, smooth and not too lacy, with just some frills around the edges.

I quickly unbuttoned my jeans, pulled them off and kicked them into the corner of the room. They were soon followed by my T-shirt and undies. I'd kicked off my shoes and socks while watching mum drive away. I didn't have much hair on my legs, but would still have loved to shave them; maybe over the school holidays I could. I got the usual little tingle as I pulled up the satin panties, I tucked my bits away and ran my palm over the smooth front of the panties; no ugly bulges in sight. I pulled the bra's straps over my shoulders and clipped it together in back, before stuffing some tissues into the cups for a bit of shape.

Walking back to the bed I pulled on the skirt and zipped it up, followed closely by the blouse. I left the top 2 buttons undone; if I had any cleavage it would just be showing, thankfully the tissues weren't. I sat at Kate's vanity and put on a little lip gloss, then brushed out my dark brown hair, which, while it's not really long, is passably girly after brushing it out.

I slipped a couple of bangles on my wrists and got up to look in the mirror on the back of one of the wardrobe doors. Looking back was a beautiful girl, well I can dream, she's a bit plain looking really, but thanks to my 'delicate features' as mum calls them I definitely look like a girl. I smiled at the reflection and the girl that's me smiled back, then I realised I need shoes.

I got down on my knees and had a look through the bottom of the wardrobe. Eventually I found a pair of strappy wedges that looked just right, so I stood up and slipped them on. I picked up my boy clothes and took them back to my room, dropping them at the foot of my bed, then checked out the window again; no sign of mum, good.

Not really sure what to do now, I went back into Kate's room and grabbed one of the old copies of Girlfriend that was on the shelves. Taking it back to my room I flopped down on my tummy on the bed, with my chin resting in my left hand and flipped through the pages. This got boring pretty quick though, as I've pretty much read every magazine on those shelves from cover to cover. Figuring I might as well do something useful I wandered into the bathroom and grabbed the nail file from the cabinet. I headed back into Kate's room and sat on the bed filing my nails. The thing with Kate's bed is, if I open the curtain just a couple of inches I can see down the street almost as far as the crossroads that head into town, so I get plenty of warning about mum coming home.

I was just finishing the nail on my right pinky when mum's car pulled in the driveway. ’Crap! she's come the other way, she never comes the other way.’ I jumped up off the bed, pulled the bangles off and dropped them on the dresser along with the nail file, then quickly unbuttoned the blouse and skirt and slipped them off. Kicking the shoes into the wardrobe I roughly folded the skirt and blouse and put them on one of the shelves and shut the wardrobe doors. Grabbing a tissue from my bra I wiped at my lips to get the lip gloss off, then slipped out of the bra and stuffed it at the back of a drawer, just as I heard mum open the front door.

I dashed into my room with no time to spare and pulled my jeans on over the panties, I'd put them back later. Slipping on my T-shirt I stuffed my boy undies under me as I flopped down on the bed, and picked up a magazine to look busy. Just in time, as mum came to my bedroom door.

"Hi mum."

"Hi, what've you been up to?" she gave that me mum smile. Then she looked at the magazine and gave me a funny look. "Why are you reading Girlfriend?"

Oops.

------
Big thanks to Holly Logan for editing this into something more readable.

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

oop,s

wow relly good got anny more like this please keep going on this it hot and ilove it ,love n hugs take care have a good one
whildchild
[email protected]

mr charlles r purcell
verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing

Ah yes I remember it well...

That certainly brought back memories of just willing my parents out of the house (followed a few hours later by a dread that I'd forgotten to put something back exactly as it was). I wonder how many mothers realise how significant some of the things they say to us become... mine frequently told me I had 'woman's legs', along with numerous comments about my curly hair's 'ringlets'.

Cute

... and she thought she'd caught you!

Oops is right

Cute and very believable.

Good to see you posting again. Any luck on Their Worst Nightmare – My Dream Come True Part 3 and up? It's been a while but that story still resonates.

May you muse be kind.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Thanks John,

Glad you liked this, it was fun to write.

Nightmare is proving to be a nightmare, part 3 is quite confronting and maybe a little dark, so I'm having trouble putting it together. Hence why I wrote this little thing, all bright and cheery, and a heck of a lot easier to write (I scribbled this down in a little over an hour, and then just put it straight up here).

The creative juices are flowing again though, so we'll just have to see were it leads.

Ally

Been There - Done That

terrynaut's picture

Ah yes. This story brought back some scary but good memories. I was never caught wearing my mom's clothes but I had some close calls. That was part of the fun.

Thanks.

- Terry

Harried memories

Allison - You've certainly stirred up the memories for some of us, maybe a lot of us. The sister of my school chum used to go away to summer camp. Often their house was empty with unlocked access to the sister's room. How many times I went in there and did the same things as your hero(ine), sometimes nearly being caught during the mad rush to get everything back in its place and the lipstick off my mouth. Luckily I was never caught though I'm certain the mother of the girl suspected me - and once even encouraged me to stay overnight in the girls' room while the girl was away! Strange. But of course she could never have openly encouraged me.

Would I want to go back to that? Not really, but like many of us we had no other outlet when we were teenagers in the 1940 and 50s.

marie c.

marie c.

what happens?

opp,s what happens next

Oops! Indeed :-)

I can just imagine what might happen next. We must remember that Mom's often know about or secrets before our secret is revealed.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

What a story!

ALISON
What a story from my namesake with two LL's.A neat,concise story told in a manner that would evoke a lot of memories in
many people and the ending was brilliant!!Thank you and God bless.
Alison

ALISON