Beauty and the Vial: Tested -06-

Printer-friendly version

Beauty and the Vial: Tested

Chapter Six: Adella and Dennis

By Jo Dora Webster

Will 17 year old, Gail, in being aged to a
25 yr old Adella find harmony in interacting with a man?

 

Chapter 6 ~ Adella and Dennis

 

When I awoke, I knew that things has changed and instead of retreating from being female, I had ventured further into that realm. I had awaken from dreams of romantic fantasies. My former life was so fuzzy that I felt it was only a dream that I had. My problem relating as a girl to boys it was gone. Yet that unison of mind came at a cost, first of which was that I had lost so much of my true self as to silence Alex in my mind. My shyness with boys, make that men, had gone and I longed for a mature male companion.

Now I was only Gail, change that and make it Adella since I had also matured physically as well. I got out of bed with a more mature feminine grace and examined myself in the mirror. I had aged. The person before me was not a girl but a 25 year old woman. I could tell that all of my clothes would be too tight in the chest and hips. I'd need a DD bra when a b cup had been fine before. My size 5 panties would need to be traded for some size 8 ones. I slipped on my shoes and they still fit and wonder of wonders I had the same waist size which looked so small compared to the curves that I enjoyed now.

"Darn, Darn, Darn Darn Darn, DARN!!!"

I looked at the clock and it was 7 am. Good! It wasn't too early to call Jane. On the way to the phone I noticed a dress laid across a chair and a bag which contained a brand new bra and panty set that fit the Adella, me. I'd have something to wear till Jane got here. We were the same size now so I'd see if she would let me borrow one of her uniforms for work. I called Jane on the phone and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello, Jane. This is Gail. Remember you changing sizes when you blossomed? Well the same just happened to me. Could you let me borrow one of your uniforms and come early to bring it to me?"

"Hi Gail. Well that is surprising. I don't suppose you'll have to do that makeup job to make you seem older anymore. Sure I can come early and bring you a uniform of mine to wear. Maybe we can work on a makeup look to allow you to look younger and not attract so much attention to yourself. At least enough so the manager doesn't notice."

"That would be great, Jane. Do you know if my name badges have been made up yet? I might like to change what I go by."

"I'll put your name on with a P-touch as part of your orientation. what would you like to go by, now?"

"I'd like to go by my middle name, Adella. Sounds more grown up and it will remind me that I am a bit more grown up now. Will that work?"

"Of course, Adella. I'll come over earlier and we can get you into uniform and see what works now for your makeup. You'll be fine. See you soon. Bye!"

"Bye Jane!"

I hung up the phone, glad that Jane had come thru for me again. I went thru all my morning activities for daily living and dressed in the lingerie and the dress that Great Aunt Montine had provided. I remembered this dress hanging in her closet so it was reasonable to assume that we were the same size now. I looked at myself in the mirror and before me was a sharply dressed, very beautiful woman. I blew her a kiss and then went down stairs to face Great Aunt Montine. I found her in the kitchen preparing breakfast and she looked up and greeted me.

"Good morning, Sweetie. How did you sleep?"

"I slept well and got quite a surprise this morning. Thanks for the clothes, Aunt Montine."

"You are welcome, dear. Well, how do you feel?"

"How do I feel? What did this body cost me in time spent as a woman? I feel like I have all but lost myself. Aunt Montine, please promise me that no matter how much you feel it will help me that you won't prolong my time as a woman again. Please?"

"Sweetie I won't prolong your time again. You were doing so well so I felt like this is what you wanted. You'll only be female a total of 6 weeks so you still only have one more period to go thru as promised. I didn't know you felt that way"

"Thank you, Aunt Montine. I appreciate the gift that you've given me but I feel I need to be back to my self when it becomes possible. By the way since I seem to be 25 now, I'd like to be called Adella, now."

"Adella, you are 25 now both physically and emotionally and a beautiful woman. We are the same size now so you can borrow from my closet and we'll get you some more lingerie. In the process of turning back you'll spend some more time at 17 so you might like to hold onto your clothing that you have now."

"Thank you, Aunt Montine. I guess I can cope with that by dressing and acting older for as long as I can. You have such beautiful clothing, that it will be a pleasure to wear it. I promise to take good care of your things. I'll have everything that I'll need for the mixers that the sorority holds and for sorority meetings."

The doorbell rang and I jumped up to get it. As expected it was Jane with a bundle in her arms. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and I led her upstairs to my bedroom. We got me sorted with one of Jane's uniforms and I was lucky that we were the same size now. We finished up my makeup and then Jane revealed, Adella the waitress to me in the mirror.

"You look wonderful, Adella. I've got to say that uniform is you. You seem a bit more sexy and flirty today and that's a great attitude to have being a waitress and serving the public."

"Thanks Jane for your help and the compliments. I do feel a bit more sexy and flirty in general and this uniform helps me express that. Can we get to the restaurant early to sort me out some uniforms that fit? I can bring back all of the uniforms that you got for me yesterday. I can't believe that I blossomed like that overnight. I imagine that you can identify with that, Jane?"

"There is a bit of catching up to do with this magical wonders going on like both of us know. It's kinda like that character Arisia from the Green Lantern Corps who used her ring to change herself physically from a teen to an adult. It took a while for her mind to catch up with really being an adult."

"At least with both of us doing it we can compare notes and best of all since we are the same size we can borrow from each other's closets."

"That's the spirit. I guess we can go now since the manager will be there early today anyway doing the week's supply order."

I followed Jane downstairs with my load of ill fitting uniforms in one arm and my purse over the other shoulder. Great Aunt Montine had excused herself when I had gone to the door. She wasn't now any where in sight and hopefully she felt that giving me some space to deal with my new situation was a good idea. Jane led me to the car and I tucked the uniforms in the back seat. Once we were both gracefully inside the car, she drove to the restaurant.

~ ~ { { - O - } } ~ ~

Jane rang the bell at the employee entrance to Olive Garden. The Manager, Mr Roper, let us in. He showed a little lust for a moment as he examined my boobs but looked up and steadied himself as he began to speak to us in a professional manner.

"Why are you ladies here this early?"

"It's my fault, Mr Roper. I pulled the wrong size uniforms for Adella, here. It floored me when I discovered she's the same size as me. Those were misfiled in the bin and I should have checked them before we left yesterday. She's wearing one of my uniforms now and we came early to return the wrong size uniforms and pull replacements the right size for both of us."

"Adella. Your middle name, Correct? That's a more mature name for a more mature woman. Is that the name you would like to be called by here?

"Yes sir, Adella is my middle name and I would like to be called by it here at Olive Garden."

"Of course you may, Adella. I'll make the notation on your file. You both may go ahead and clock in. Jane, once you finish getting the uniforms exchanged and confirmed that they are the right size, go ahead with orientation for Adella. Please take some extra time with the unit on handling advances from customers. Adella if you learn that well, you can turn that to your advantage of earning more tips for yourself and more business for Olive Garden. Go ahead, ladies."

We made our escape to the training room. We checked the fit on the new uniforms and we found they fit me perfectly. We went thru the paperwork and the training. Jane was very helpful on teaching me how to turn an amorous customer into a big tipper by handling things before they got out of hand. She also told me that I would have plenty of chances to practice what I learned since I was a babe and the uniform enhanced that even more. The finishing touch was for Jane to take the P-Touch and make my name tag which said I am Adella. Jane led me out into the restaurant and I helped her prep the dining room for the customers who would soon be there.

~ ~ { { - O - } } ~ ~

I met a lot of amazing people while I had my first day as a waitress at Olive Garden. I had already decided to do a lot of flirting with the male customers. Of course I was going to give excellent service whether Woman or Man. With my body and the way my uniform showed it off, it was easy to get even more from the men.

But the one I remembered the most was Dennis. My heart skipped a beat and I began feeling all glowing and gooey when I first saw the hot guy who the hostess had seated in 4B in my section. I glided over to him to take his order. His face lit up when he saw me and appeared interested in me as well.

"Welcome to Olive Garden. I'm Adella, your server. Would you like to order now?"

"I'm Dennis. I believe that I can order now if you could explain this lunch special to me."

He pointed to the 'Create your own Lunch' special on the menu. I brought my head down to his level being sure he got a good look down my neckline and pointed to things on the menu as I explained with a great big smile.

"It's a choice of our famous house salad or one of these four delicious soups. AND you have a choice of one of seven delicious entree's all for only $6.95!"

"What a deal!" I hoped he meant me instead of the special. A girl can hope.

"Would you like some more time? Is there anything else you'd like explained?"

How is it that a beautiful Greek woman, like you Adella, works in an Itallian restaurant?" I smiled at him, longingly. He called me beautiful! At that moment, I wasn't thinking big tip, I was thinking, how can I get him to ask me out on a date.

"I'm of Mediterranean heritage so it's a close fit for me. I love the wonderful Italian food they serve here so I'll be watching my figure, Dennis."

"Why don't you let me watch it for you? Wait, I already am, Bella Adella. For my order I'd like the house salad AND the grilled steak and portobello half panini, lunch Special and sweet tea." I blushed at the compliments and nodded as I took down his lunch order. I gave Dennis a big smile. I wanted to give him something else but I was working.

"Thank you, Dennis. I'll bring your salad out directly."

I went to the computer terminal and entered Dennis' order. When I entered the Kitchen, his salad was ready for me to pick up. I noticed Jane entering behind me to pick up a salad as well.

"Girl, you've got it bad, already! Who is that hunk in 4B?"

"His name is Dennis. Jane, what do I do?"

"Slip him your number, discretely and hope he calls you."

"Thanks, Jane."

I flirted as I served his lunch and never let his sweet tea glass get empty. I slipped him my phone number at the end of his meal. He left me a generous tip but he didn't call and he didn't come back to eat at Olive Garden.

~ ~ { { - O - } } ~ ~

I dated men and enjoyed myself. Then I started to go thru the cycle of emotions that came from being in lust and out of lust. The names were not important since they did not mean anything to me. They all ran together so much that I called them all Darling so I would not slip up and use the wrong name. Of course with my special circumstances, I did not sleep with any of them. They got tired of being teased without what they were really looking for and left me. There was always another to take his place.

My attention always came back to Dennis. I could not deny that I deeply loved him. I was in heaven when I was with him that one time. Just when I thought he must hate me, he came back into my life. We literally bumped into each other at the grocery store. I was not looking where I was going, carrying an empty hand basket and he was holding a loaf of bread and we colided. Neither of us were hurt but we were both shocked to see each other. I had been hoping to see Dennis out of the restaurant but not like this.

~ ~ { { - O - } } ~ ~

Finally we decided that the most natural way to express our love was to do it physically. But knowing how important it was to avoid that fertile time of the month we decided to wait till afterward. We waited and hoped and finally my time had passed and we picked out a romantic setting for our union. It was glorious I knew that it would be a long time before I had anything like to compare it to if I had any say so in the matter..

~ ~ { { - O - } } ~ ~

The last days were wonderful. We had always lived each day as though it were our last. Finally Great Aunt Montine told me that I only had one night and one day left to me as Adella. I would need to make my goodbyes to my lover, my BFF and my friends.

It was with relief that I realized that Dennis, when he originally heard from me that the end of my visit was approaching, had arranged for a day off and that we could spend this last day together just the two of us.

I know it wasn't fair but I resolved to put off the grieving for as long as possible. It wasn't until both of us were in his home after a joyful day together and me in my nightgown in his bed that I broke the news to him.

"Dennis, I told you in the beginning that I have obligations back east and that my obligations there will make a long distance romance impossible. I'm sorry but my time here is coming to a close. The truth is that my family is in witness protection and I have a different identity entirely. It will be as though Adella has died."

“Though Lovers be lost, Love shall not, and Death shall have no dominion. I never really understood that line from 'Beauty and the Beast' till now, Adella. I love you.”

"I love you too, Dennis. Since you still feel that way knowing it will be our last, then I would be overjoyed for you to share my bed."

"I will grieve your loss afterward but for now I will savor the moment."

Our love making surpassed in the extreme joy and abundant satisfaction any that we had before in our time together. I did not want to hurt him more since I would be leaving. He made me realize that I would only hurt him more by withholding my body from him while I still had it to give.

As we cuddled in the aftermath of our great sensual outpouring, Dennis surprised me by giving me a kiss goodnight and breaking his silence.

"It is better to love and lost than to have never loved at all. I am at peace with my heart tonight. I love you Adella and I shall continue to love you all the days of my life. Remember the happiness we shared as I will and that will sustain you. Sweet Dreams, Adella"

"Sweet Dreams, Dennis"

I was up and out before the dawn. We had already said our goodbyes and I felt that if I didn't leave then, that I would stay with him till I changed back the next morning and I had no wish for Dennis to remember me as 13 year old Alex. I could not give Dennis much now, but I could leave him his dignity.

~ ~ { { - O - } } ~ ~

I went to Jane's room at the sorority hoping that she would be in and not in class. Luck would have it that she answered the door. I guess everything showed on my face since she gave me a great big hug when she saw me.

"You poor dear! Come to breakfast with me and tell me all about it. Let me get my purse and we'll go."

All I managed to say was, 'Thank you.' Jane guided me to her car and we were soon sitting at a booth at Waffle House.

"It's alright Adella. You can tell me anything. You know that don't you. I think of you as my very own sister. Spill it, please, sis."

"Jane, my time here is up. My parents and I are in witness protection back east. I have to disappear now without a trace so I can be with them again. I am so sorry that I didn't tell you before now."

I began crying and Jane got me up and I was getting tears all over her shoulder. Her presence comforted me. For a while neither of us said anything but at last I had cried myself out.

"Hush now, sweetie. It's okay. That's a large burden you are carrying."

That's all I needed to hear from Jane. I was able to compose myself and we sat back down in the booth.

"When do you leave?"

"Tonight! They are going to contact me at Aunt Montine's with the details as I need them."

"Then today the sorority is going to give you a send off that you'll never forget. I'll take you home so you can rest up. Someone will be by to bring you to the gathering. I'll call to let you know when so you can be ready to party with your sisters one last time."

"Thank you, Jane. You don't know what this means to me. I love you, sis."

"I love you too, Gail Adella. Let's get you home."

Jane drove me home after we had finished breakfast. I went up to my room and fell on the bed exhausted and soon fell asleep.

~ ~ { { - O - } } ~ ~

The phone rang waking me and it was Jane telling me that it was time to get up and that someone would be by for me in two hours. I hung up the phone and thought about going to sleep. Great Aunt Montine came in and led me to the shower. After a blast of cold water, I was awake and so I got ready to go to the party. She left on an errand so it just left me to answer the door when my ride arrived. I opened the door and it was Jennifer!

I said goodbye to everyone who knew me as Gail and Adella that day.

up
58 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sounds and looks to me that a

Sounds and looks to me that a change back is not really what Adella wants now, at least to being a boy. Maybe her final evening might just seal her feelings to remaining a female.

A Setback for 'Dite

This is where my feelings for what is best for the character are at odds to what the character is feeling at the time. Adella is simply overwhelmed with experiences that some one who was 13 years old and very much knowing that if the change were made permanent that she would lose all her birth family due to the interferance of Erida. I debated putting in another 'Dite and Erida scene in this chapter to explain things.

Chapter 8 is where some brand new things begin and where there is a chance to undo the zealousness of Great Aunt Montine in getting the chosen one a preview of the life she could lead. It may take some time to build trust. Even if Aunt Montine were to have gotten fully informed consent, it still might have been too much for Adella to embrace a permanent change at the time.

'Dite does not seem to give up on her having Adella as her chosen vessel. This is the time of Testing for Adella. Not everyone is ready to get their life disrupted at such an early age. It may take longer for the 13 year old to accept a permanent change with all that would involve.

Jo Dora Webster

Let me guess

Wendy Jean's picture

She is pregnant. So the gift has now turned sour.

Good guess but no

Hi Wendy,

That was a good guess but Adella Gail didn't become pregnant. Pregnancy may even be a state that wasn't addressed in chapter 12 so it may be unpredictable what might happen. Thank you for coming on this journey with me.

Jo Dora Webster