Drabble Theatre: Apostrophe

Printer-friendly version

An apostrophizing drabble.

I can’t say that I miss you because I'd wanted you gone for too long. Admittedly, we had some fun together, but my belief strengthened that we were not compatible: I wanted to share my inner being with someone; you only wanted to push us out to join with others in a different way. I changed my world-view and its view of me; you were a vestige of a previous life.

We should have parted long ago. Now, finally, here I am, free of you and your hanging around. Although... I will always keep a piece of you inside me.

 © 2007 JLW

up
48 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yesssss

Congratulations.

Gwenellen

think on that

kristina l s's picture

This is very thoughtful and clever. A few simple words with a few possible meanings. There's that persepctive thing again. I might have to admit to liking drabbles after all at this rate. Nice.

Kristina

Re: Apostrophe

Hey folks,
To answer some confusion expressed privately, an apostrophe is not only a punctuation mark, it is also:
"An address to someone or something not usually spoken to."

"A figure of speech in which a speaker directly addresses an absent or dead person, an abstract quality, or something non-human as if it were present and capable of responding"

See: http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+apostrophe for more variations.

Jamie