The Duchess of Arad, Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version
duchess maria.jpg
The Duchess of Arad
Chapter 6

Jolly Old England

by Jenny Sugar
Copyright © 2012 Jenny Sugar
All Rights Reserved.

Maria enjoyed their trip through the Channel Tunnel immensely, and remarked on what a feat of engineering it was. The high-speed train impressed her and Rachel asked if she had ever been on a train but this was Maria’s first time. She told Rachel that this was the kind of thing that humanity did well and should be praised for. Building, not destroying, is humanity’s finest attribute, Rachel. Would that there was more of the former and less of the latter!

Rachel had always liked England, not least because the language barrier was non-existent and she honestly liked the people as well. They decided to head for London, first, since it was a major population center and was the most likely place to find other vampires.

Rachel decided to rent a car for their time in England, and then took the M20 north into London. Maria seemed to like the countryside and the sights. Rachel let her drive for a time, and it went quite well despite her grumbling about driving on the wrong side of the road.

“You’re such a seasoned driver now, Maria! Already set in your ways,” she teased.

“Bah. These English just want to be difficult, apparently. What is wrong with driving on the right like the rest of Europe?”

Rachel had no answer, but suspected Maria could be right.

~o~O~o~

They took a room at the Dorchester Hotel, a fancy and expensive hotel. Maria argued that they owed themselves some decadence and luxury after all they’d been through lately. In the end, Rachel agreed. They took one of the Belgravia Suites, and Maria actually cooed over the all-marble bathroom, and their first order of business was a hot bath.

While soaking in the hot water, Maria and Rachel plotted their next move.

Rachel had been thinking a lot on the subject and said, “They always seem to know where to find us, so I am sure they will turn up sooner or later. I would like to find some allies before they appear, though.”

Their thoughts dovetailed and Maria was in agreement. “I do hope to find other vampires before they appear as well. I have been straining my senses to feel out any that may be near. We need to drive all around the city and see if you or I feel their presence.”

“That sounds like a good plan to me, Maria. You know I wish we were here in two different bodies so that we could scrub each other’s backs!”

Maris laughed her musical laugh and answered. “This is why I had servants and thralls, Rachel dear! A maidservant is perfect for that task!”

Rachel felt uncomfortable at the idea of thralls doing things for her and told Maria so. “The idea of it feels too much like slavery. And you know we had a lot of problems with slavery in America. The lingering problems from that still have an impact today.”

Maria shook her head. “It is not slavery, Rachel. At least, I do not see it that way. They may not leave, true — unless I removed the memories of me and then they could. But, you must understand, they gained benefits from serving me.”

“Such as?” Rachel asked, doubtfully.

“Well for one, they were well fed, Rachel! I kept plenty of food and farm animals when I had my small village of thralls. I took care of them as if they were my family! That is what a noble is supposed to do, you know. Also, they gained longer life as well. And they were safe from bandits and the like. It was a good living, being my thrall!”

Maria shared a memory and suddenly Rachel was there:

The little girl was very sick and her mother was certain that she would die. Her fever was very high and her skin blistering hot to the touch. Maria smiled at the woman and told her she’d try to help her child. The woman nodded, and thanked her, but seemed to think her daughter was a lost cause.

In the next memory the woman was there on her knees, thanking Maria profusely. Her daughter stood beside her, weak, but healthy and happy to be back with her mother.

“Maria you doctored and nursed them all when they were sick, too?”

“Yes, of course Rachel. I took good care of my servants! They were not slaves in any sense of the word. Certainly not what you were thinking earlier! I would be offended being compared to some Confederate slave owner beating slaves to death on a plantation!”

Rachel grimaced and apologized to Maria. “I am sorry, Maria! I should not have thought that of you. It is just that when you say the word 'thrall', it makes me think in terms of 'property' or 'slave.'”

Maria laughed at that. "Oh no, Rachel. It is meant to convey that they are enthralled to my will in a way, but I did not forcibly enslave them and turn them into zombie creatures as you picture! I simply had to nudge each one to accept my rule and not fight me, and ignore little things such as me not aging. We were very much a Duchess and her loyal subjects. Though, my subjects were more loyal than many in that time would be!"

She giggled. “But think nothing more of it, Rachel! I do agree with you that it would be fun to scrub your back!”

Rachel grinned but then spoke more seriously. “Honestly, Maria, I sometimes do wish that we could be two people in two bodies. Not that I regret sharing this one with you but just to have someone to cuddle with, hug, and help protect each other. There have been several fights that had me a little worried, you know?”

Maria nodded. “I understand Rachel. And I feel much the same way. We seem to be stuck this way, though. I will say that there is no one I’d rather share a body with than you!”

Rachel finished her bath with a happy smile, glad that she and Maria were really beginning to click and were happy with one another.

~o~O~o~

Rather than go clubbing, they decided to drive around the town all night to try to feel out any vampires that might be in London. Maria had argues that a nightclub would be THE perfect spot for a vampire to lurk, snack on prey, and have fun all at the same time.

Rachel did not disagree entirely, as Maria had made a convert of her to the nightlife in clubs. But she wanted to see London and thought that a tour of the city would kill two birds with one stone. Maybe it was a sign of their deepening closeness but Maria quickly agreed and they set off to explore.

London was huge, sprawling out in all directions. Rachel used the GPS in their rental car to try to do some sort of logical search pattern. Maria would have preferred roaming randomly about and letting luck have its way with them, of course.

~o~O~o~

After four hours of driving, Rachel had to admit that her plan wasn’t getting them anywhere. Maria did not sense even the slightest hint of a vampire and they were both getting discouraged, even though Maria enjoyed seeing London. They decided to go back to the hotel and spend some time reading and surfing the internet.

Rachel parked in the parking garage and was headed toward the elevator when she spotted two men coming out of it. Both were dressed in black and had the look and feel of their hunters. The men spotted Rachel as she spotted them and they both started toward her.

Rachel since there are only two I think we should attack!

I agree, let’s separate them and try to capture one.

Rachel leaped at the man on the left and grabbed him, spinning her body while holding his arm tight and aiming his head at the concrete wall. He hit with a loud crack and he was down. She immediately darted back and to the right watching for the other man. He had produced a knife and came towards her.

She ducked and rolled, bowling him over. She leaped up and darted back at him but he was ready and tried to plunge the stake into her chest. She batted it to the side and it grazed her arm instead. She hissed at him and clouted his head.

He pulled the stake back and was about to make another run when Rachel snapped her knee into his groin. He groaned and backed away, cursing at her in Russian.

She was about to disarm him and work on mesmerizing her attacker when she heard a squeal of brakes and an SUV appeared. Four men piled out of the car with stakes in hand and came towards her.

Well, these are not here to capture us, Rachel!

Maria acted instantly and kicked their attacker in the head, knocking him out cold. If nothing else maybe we can take a prisoner if we can deal with these, eh?

Rachel found herself surrounded by four grim men with stakes in their hands. She held her hands up and said “Look, I mean you no harm, I do not kill people… please, let me go?”

There was no answer at first, and then one of the men spoke, with a Romanian accent. “Doesn’t matter if you beg or not, leech, you are going down.”

“But, I am no threat to you. I don’t hurt people! Can’t you just let me slip away? I’ll never ever darken your doorstep again. I’ll leave London tonight!”

The man shook his head and said “Leeches don’t get second chances with us, bitch.”

The man who had spoken raised his stake and Rachel could see the planes in the wood all around the point where a blade had sharpened it. She could feel her death. Maria was calm and cool and finally spoke up. Four of them. I do not see this ending well but we must try, dear. When he goes to stab you, grab the stake and use it against them. I see no other option here but maybe to run?

Maria seemed doubtful that they could get away and obviously preferred the thought of fighting these men. Rachel thought for just a moment and agreed. They would make a stand, here. She was as tired of running as Maria was.

Just as she thought the man would strike, a new sound penetrated the room. Echoed clicks from what sounded like high heels. The man paused and the other men glanced back.

A tall beautiful blonde woman walked out of the darker area of the garage and into the light. Honey-golden hair was a halo around her head and spilled down her shoulders, which sported a mink stole. A little black dress was under the stole, and Rachel’s vision followed the dress on down to long slender legs in ebony hose, and six inch black stiletto heels. Beautiful gold earrings dangled from her ears and her right arm sparkled with a silver charm bracelet. She was stunningly beautiful and would have looked right at home at a fashion show or Hollywood red carpet event.

The woman stopped behind the men and grinned, perfect white teeth like a movie star showing behind blood red lips. “Is there some trouble here, boys?” She had a French accent, and a sweet musical voice.

The man in front of Rachel answered her, while keeping his gaze upon Rachel. “None of this is your concern. This is a police matter, ma’am. You need to leave, now.”

“Oh, but this looks so interesting! It takes 4 of you with these small spears to apprehend this dangerous young woman? I am a reporter, you see, with the BBC. And this looks to be a fascinating story! Do tell me more?”

The lead man frowned and spoke to one of his men. “Dave, get her out of here.”

Dave took the woman by the arm and said “Please, come with me, ma’am. You shouldn’t be here at all.”

The woman pouted, then nodded and started away with Dave. They stopped, and Rachel could see the woman looking into Dave’s eyes and smiling.

Inside, Maria brightened considerably. Do you feel her? She is one of us, I am certain! Get ready to move, Rachel!

Rachel tensed as Dave turned and headed for one of his teammates. As he closed in, he pulled a large hunting knife from his belt. At that very moment, the blonde vampire leaped across the room and landed atop the other man.

With three out of commission, Rachel reached out and grasped the arm of the man holding the stake on her and felt her teeth extend. She hissed at him, more from instinct or perhaps that was Maria’s doing? Regardless, she did not hesitate to plunge her fangs into his neck and drink. She regained energy after drinking for a bit then let him drop to the floor. She stared at the corpse for a moment, feeling shame from killing him while Maria ranted.

Move, you fool! Do not stand there! Aggh, what if her thrall hadn’t gotten one? When someone is going to kill you, you do not stand there like a statue weeping for your would-be killer!

I’m sorry Maria, killing still bothers me, you know.

Luckily for them both, while Rachel had been drinking and then staring, the blonde woman and her charmed thrall had wasted no time. All of the men were dead. The woman wiped her mouth and grinned at Rachel.

“Well met, indeed, sister! I am Clarisse Antoinette Dubois. Welcome to London!”

“Thank you! I am Rachel Maria Harrison, and I appreciate your help, Clarisse.”

Clarisse smiled and reached for Rachel with both hands extended. Rachel cautiously walked forward and the woman hugged her tightly. “It is so good to meet you, and your thanks are not necessary at all, mon ami. I despise these stupid hunter types and quite happily slay any that I find. But let us continue our conversation in a more pleasant place, no?”

Rachel held up her hand. “Wait, we captured one and I’d like to...” The man she had kneed in the groin had likely crawled in the elevator or perhaps somewhere else. He was gone.

Rachel sighed and nodded and they walked towards the direction Clarisse had come from. She started to ask about interrogating Clarisse’s new pet, but Maria told her not to ask, it would be impolite and they did not know this woman at all, yet. The man followed Clarisse out as would a puppy.

They came to a limousine with a very tall and handsome driver opening the door as they approached. They got in and sped away.

After a short drive Rachel found herself entering a luxurious estate, with attentive guards at the wrought-iron gate blocking the entrance. The gate had a huge stylized “D” on it, presumably standing for ‘Dubois’.

The limousine slowly followed the road into the estate, and pulled up to a huge mansion-like house, with perfectly manicured gardens and opulence anywhere she glanced.

Clarisse ushered them in to pure decadence and works of art prominently displayed in every room. Polished marble floors, overstuffed furniture, and expensive drapes lined the room she led them to.

A servant poured her a flute of champagne and withdrew quietly. She sat on a low couch with Clarisse by her side. A fire in a huge hearth roared in front of them.

“It is so good to have you here in my home, Rachel! Our kind are so rare, and when I felt your presence I had George turn the car around and pull in here quickly. I am so glad that I sensed you!”

Rachel took a sip and asked Clarisse, “Who are those people? Do you know why they are after me? And how do they keep finding me? They’ve chased me all across Europe!”

Clarisse laughed and took a sip from her own glass, then set it on the glass table in front of them. “They are Vampire Hunters, my dear. They were going to kill you due to your nature, just as they would love to kill me. Though of course some try to capture me, too. Alas, I do not know how they are finding you… they always find me as well. No matter where I travel, eventually I run into either the Kidnappers or the Killers!”

Rachel thought that her terms for the two groups were perfectly suitable. “Are you going to interrogate our new ‘friend’, Dave?” she asked.

“I have interrogated his type before, Rachel. We will still try, certainly, but typically they only know that they must capture me for their leadership. They do not seem to know much more than that, and that we are vampires. They do not even know how we are tracked.”

Rachel sat puzzled while digesting that information. “But… that makes no sense, Clarisse! Surely some of them would know why they are doing this?”

“The leaders do, Rachel. But the leaders often will fight to the death. I’ve never managed to make one my thrall. The minions of the Killers only know that we are evil bloodsucking vampires who must be exterminated to save humanity!” She laughed and held her hands out and popped out her fangs, imitating the comical vampire villain.

She sat back down and took a sip of her wine and went on.

“The Kidnappers are a different sort, in that they do not try to kill me, ever. They just want to cage me, but will not say why. I have enthralled a few over the years but I never get much useful information from them. Just that their leaders want me captured and that they will not stop until they get me.”

“I keep an eye on them, of course. At times I try hard to thin their herd but they always recruit new members. I suppose I might need to exterminate them, one day. They can grow tiresome, as you know! But they provide a pleasant diversion at times. One day they may be more of a threat, but I’ve never worried much about them.”

Rachel was a bit shocked at this, since the woman didn’t seem to even take the hunters seriously at all. Maria was not. Rachel, she’s bored and finds their attacks thrilling. I went through a similar phase after my first one hundred years. When you can, ask her how old she is, but be polite.

“I still must thank you for your assistance, Clarisse. Without your help things might have gotten a bit sticky.” Rachel smiled her gratitude at the beautiful blonde and got an answering twinkle.

“Non, it was nothing! I enjoyed it, Rachel. So, what brings you here to London? Are you thinking to settle here in England, perhaps?”

That got Maria’s attention. She is afraid you will try to invade her territory. Rachel answered: Yes, I kind of figured that she’d be nervous about us dropping into her little pond.

“No, Clarisse, I just stopped here to see London. I am on my way back home.” She took a sip of her own wine, finding it to be delicious.

Clarisse appeared delighted to hear her response. “Well then, you are most welcome here in my home Rachel! And you may stay here for the duration of your visit. I insist that you accept my hospitality, dear! You are American, yes?”

Rachel nodded her head. “Yes. I would be honored to stay here as your guest, Clarisse. Have you lived in London long? I assume you are French?”

Clarisse took a sip and replied. “Oui. I am from a town near Paris. I decided to live in England for a time, as France became a bit too… hot, during the revolution. I love my home here but I still visit France often.”

Rachel asked her the question most on their minds when they had left France. “Are there other vampires here in England or in the UK at all?”

“No, I am the only vampire in the United Kingdom - or in Ireland for that matter, that I am aware of.”

“You are the only one in all of the British Isles? How could that be?”

Clarisse frowned and took a sip of her wine. “Honestly I do not know, Rachel. When I was living in France there were at least a half dozen that I knew personally here. They all vanished over the years and I have not seen, nor felt the presence of, a vampire in France, the Low Countries, or England in over one hundred years.”

“Do you think that these Hunters could have anything to do with this, Clarisse?”

“Mm, I suppose it could be possible, yes. I just do not see a group of humans easily wiping out every vampire in Western Europe, however.”

Maria what shall I tell her if she wants to know how old I am?

Maria was thinking, Rachel could tell. Tell her my age and my story if she asks, Rachel. She will want to know your sire I am certain, so it is better to tell her that. Besides, it is the truth!

“You look… distant, Rachel. Is there anything wrong?”

Rachel started and replied. “Oh, no, nothing is wrong at all Clarisse! I was just thinking of my journey through France. I was only there for few days, but it was a lovely country.”

This brought a smile to Clarisse’s lips and she tilted her head at Rachel. “Yes, I love France and sometimes I visit it, still. Homesickness, perhaps?” She laughed. “The Chunnel is a fascinating bit of engineering. Well for the English that they did not construct it one hundred years previously or they might all be speaking French now… or German!”

Rachel decided that was a good opening for Maria’s question. Maria had cautioned her to be sly about it. “You witnessed the Terror, then? And of course the Little Corporal? I agree Napoleon would have made good use of the Chunnel.”

Clarisse smiled and nodded. “The Terror was a bad time, indeed. The guillotine would end ones such as us no less than the stake. And I met Napoleon on two different occasions. The man might have been a great general but he was a damned Corsican and his accent was quite noticeable.”

So, she was around for the Revolution, anyway. I am sure you knew about it in Romania?

Yes, the news of it ran like wildfire through all of Europe, Rachel. Anyone with a drop of noble blood risked beheading. A horrible time. She could be lying, you know. She could read a history book as well as the next woman.

You really don’t trust her do you?

Maria snorted at Rachel. I would not trust me, so of course I do not trust her!

Clarisse was watching Rachel and noted that Rachel would often go completely still and seem to withdraw into herself, then rapidly come back to the outside world. It fascinated her. “Rachel, is there anything wrong? If there is, please tell me. Let me help?”

Maria answered before Rachel could form words. “Oh, not at all, Clarisse. I am often caught up in my own thoughts. It is a bad habit from being too many years alone and solitary, I fear.”

“I know loneliness well, Rachel. I often long to find other vampires — to spend time with those I have more in common with and share memories of the same times. Until you appeared I had all but given up hope!”

While she was talking Clarisse was also thinking about Rachel’s strangeness. It seemed like another person besides Rachel had answered her last question. Even the inflections and accent were subtly different. She thought furiously for a moment, recalling various accents she’d experienced over the years.

“You have lived in Romania for a time, yes?”

Maria answered that she had, and then froze. Clarisse had asked the question in Romanian and Maria had replied in the same language, and sounded like a native.

Clarisse laughed delightedly, the laugh of someone who often found amusement in life. “Oh, Rachel, please do not take offense! You are so cautious and you seem to be worried about me. I have no intent to harm you in any way! Please, do not be so stuffy and tense! We have much to talk about, and it is pointless for us to bristle like two hissing cats in a backyard!”

She leaned forward, and looked very earnest. “Even if you declared your intent to stay in England, or even London itself, I would not mind at all! You have obviously survived long thus you do not leave a trail of bodies lying about to arouse suspicion! As I told you, I have been so lonely for other vampires.”

Rachel was not sure how to respond so Maria replied. “Very well, Clarisse. I was born in 1688 in Romania, yes. I absolutely have no plans to settle here, however. I plan to go to America and make a safe haven there.”

Clarisse was pleased and her expression brightened with another huge smile. “Ah, see that was not so hard, Rachel! You are only slightly older than I. I was born in 1766, in France, as I said. I was turned around the same time that King Louis was executed. To be forever 27, yes? I lived through the Terror and managed to escape my appointment with Mr. Guillotine.” She shuddered.

“So you were part of the nobility, then?” Maria seemed absurdly pleased at the thought, and Rachel sniffed.

Clarisse nodded. “Yes, I was, which at that time was a very bad thing to be! Vampire or not, I had no desire to have my head removed. And, remember, I was a fledgling at that time, and had not reached my full strength. I was captured and was due to be executed, due to several knowing who I was, before. I was able to escape though, and left quite a few of them dead.”

Rachel and Maria were torn on whether to tell Clarisse of their unique situation and finally they decided to level with her, as she seemed to be the only ally they had. Maria went against her natural cautious nature, as she had a good feeling about this woman.

“Clarisse, I would like to share my story with you, and after, ask if you would like to work together to solve this mystery?”

“Rachel I would be delighted to hear anything you wish to share, and of course we can help each other and attempt to put an end to these annoying hunters!”

So Maria told her story, from the very beginning, and went on through to Richard finding her and transforming into Rachel. This utterly shocked their host but she could not deny that when they switched off the accent changed slightly and it was almost like a different person was present. She also noted that when Maria spoke she often gestured with her hands as well, while Rachel kept hers in her lap usually.

“These Russian priests who chained you up, Maria; you said that they never spoke to you even once?"

“No, they were silent and refused to answer any of my questions. I spoke Russian so I know that they understood me.”

“Maria, both groups speak with a Russian accent, usually — but not always! So I have assumed that they are related in some way. The Kidnappers seem more numerous and talk more. The Killers are only focused on killing me and they rarely say anything.”

Maria nodded, as that matched what she and Rachel had experienced.

“Have you met any vampires in your travels other than me, Rachel? Have you sensed any, Maria?”

“No. We haven’t met any and I have not felt any vampires’ presence at all.”

“I always thought that Romania and Eastern Europe would have lots of our people. It does make me wonder if the Killers have thinned our ranks. It worries me as well. What if we two are the only remaining vampires?”

Maria hadn’t thought along those lines and didn’t like the conclusion at all. “I hope that we are not! I have always felt that we are the next step up in human evolution, and it would be terrible to see our existence put to an end!”

Clarisse nodded and stood. “Let us continue this discussion tomorrow, as it is getting near sunrise and I do believe that we all could use the rest? Tomorrow evening I would like to discuss more of this and try to make a plan to deal with these people. I also have the beginnings of a plan, of sorts, that I would like to discuss with you. ”

She led Rachel to an opulent bedroom with a huge canopied bed and a waiting maidservant at her disposal. “Bonne nuit, mon ami!”

~o~O~o~

Before they slept Rachel asked Maria why Clarisse and Maria were both so curious about how old the other was. She was silent for a few moments and Rachel wondered if she would answer the question.

“There is… a pecking order among vampires, Rachel. Please understand that I know this secondhand from Gregor, never having experienced it myself with others beyond my child. He told me that as vampires get older their power waxes and the older the vampire the stronger the magic — the overall power, the vampire possesses. When we first awaken we are much more powerful than a mortal, as you could attest!“

“When you say more power or magic what does that entail, Maria? You refer to physical strength?”

“Yes but that is not the main thing, Rachel. You know how we enthrall humans? A stronger vampire can bend a weaker to his or her will. Gregor was only decades older than me but I felt an urge to obey him. Ecaterina obeyed me in most things, cursed girl, but not all! “

Maria’s tone changed and she lent her voice a serious and direct tone that Rachel was learning to recognize.
“Rachel, about what happened back there. You MUST learn to defend yourself without remorse! I do not speak of hunting and killing prey, now. I am speaking of defending against a would-be murderer who is trying to kill you. Do you doubt that the man was going to plunge the stake in? Do you?”

“N-no. I knew he was, and I let you take him, as you saw?“

“You let me take him? No, Rachel, I did nothing. I was observer not participant, there. You did that.”

Rachel didn’t like that at all. “What? NO! I let you have control and you vamped out and killed him.”

“Vamped out?” She said flatly.

“You know what I mean.”

Maria sighed and Rachel could tell she was very upset. “No, Rachel. I did not take control — I cannot, remember? You have to relax and allow it. You were extremely tense and emotional back there — I could do nothing! YOU handled that, but you did not handle it well. If Clarisse had not appeared you and I would be gone. You did well in Paris. Perhaps you just need more practice fighting. Or perhaps we both thought the other would take charge. We must be more careful, regardless.”

She continued on. “I am very worried about these Killers, Rachel. I strongly suspect that Clarisse may indeed be correct with her suspicions. Maybe they are just in Europe, not the entire world… but who knows how far that these Killers reach?”

Rachel brought up the point that both had been thinking but not said. ”And what if Clarisse and I are the only vampires left in Europe, or the world?”

“That is not a pleasant thought before bed, is it?”

“It is most certainly not!”

up
131 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

yes

There have always been good rulers and bad. When you get a good ruler, things are awesome. But when you get a bad one? Ugh.

:)

JennySugarLogo.png

selling the car

was a smart decision. if it was not built to american standards they would have to have it altered to meet DOT emissions and safety standards after it entered the US. for them that would take time they could spend elsewhere. I thought there were at least 2 groups following them (of corse it could be more).
great story, thanks

Thanks!

Thank you LoneWolf!

Yes and if they kept the car they'd have to drive with themselves on the wrong side of the car in England, ugh! :)

JennySugarLogo.png

Well, it looks like Maria

Well, it looks like Maria will need to learn that mass has its very own class ;) It is no superior evolution that depends on the previous evolutions for sustenance. If I had to guess I'd say someone tried to create a superhuman with magic, but said superhuman needs extra magical power/life force that they get via sucking blood from humans. That's not the next stage of evolution, that's just a magical abomination.

Anyway, this chapter was interesting and I really liked the interaction with Clarisse. I don't understand why Clarisse feels as if her territory is threatened. I mean she lives at London and there are millions of people. Millions of nice bloodbags...

Thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi

territorial

Vampires are territorial, or at least they are in my world ;)

JennySugarLogo.png

I'm not sure I'd trust Clarisse:(

Just something reminds me of chianti and fava beans.
Good stuff:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

RE: Clarisse

Hahahaha I never thought of that connection, honestly! Yeah, Clarisse is a very common French name actually, so I went with it thinking it would work well.

Honestly, Clarisse is cool, as you will see :)

JennySugarLogo.png

Being back again!

Hello Jenny,

After two weeks of working hard to plunge again into this little world of yours full of vampires and mystery. Or perhaps not that full of vampires after all. Is somebody collecting them as trophies to hang from the wall, or caging them in his personal mythical animals zoo, next to the unicorns and griffins? Where did they go?
Maria did not take over during this fight? Rachel did not kill this guy...? Ehh...Something tells me that Mr Spock would come up with the logical explanation that there must be a third person involved then...
Great!

Ragards,

Karin