Pink? Why Pink? - Part 17

Printer-friendly version
"I... AM... NOT... A... PINK... LANTERN!"

  

Pink? Why Pink?
Part 17
 ©2012 - Andrea Ribeiro

  

"Come on, honey. You know we need a bigger kitchen." Mom said to dad while she was preparing dinner.

"What for?" He asked.

"You know I always wanted a big professional looking kitchen, and with Mel's new appetite, we will need it. I don't want to stay all day in the kitchen. I work too you know."

"But isn't she going to that boarding school?"

"So? She will be here for summer vacation and holidays, also there are the Sparks too. They will come to eat with us once in a while, aren't they?"

"There is no way I can win this discussion, is there?"

"None at all"

"I'll call Russel tomorrow. I sure hope he gives us that discount he promised."

"Good boy. You just earned a big treat tonight." Mom said with a husky voice.

"Oh boy. I can't wait." Dad said excitedly.

"Maybe you should ask Russel to soundproof our bedroom too."

"Okay sweetheart I'll do that."

Mom went to dad, gave him a kiss on his lips and said "Such a good boy."

Dad then left the kitchen with a smile on his face and mom turned to us and said "That, girls, is a well trained man."

  

###

  

After dinner, I finally saw the Whateley brochure. The school seemed a very good place, at least on paper and there is one word that comes to mind when trying to describe some of the students in the pictures, Wow.

The application form though was another matter. It had the weirdest questions I'I've ever seen. Let me give you some examples:

Gender:
[ ] Male
[ ] Female
[ ] Complicated

Sexuality:
[ ] Heterosexual
[ ] Homosexual
[ ] Bisexual
[ ] None

Did your powers or incidents associated with them transformed or is transforming you to
[ ] become more masculine?
[ ] become more feminine?
[ ] display characteristics of both genders?
[ ] have no gender?
[ ] change genders?

And you know, those are actually the first few questions right under name. Does this kind of thing often enough for them to put on the application? And what's this with sexuality? Do they really need to know that? And don't think the weirdness ended there. There were a section for GSD. Horns? Tentacles? Animal Ears? Tail? Hooves?

I won't say much about the powers section as it has some weird ones, also there were a space to describe those that are not in the application. Do you believe there was an item for magical illusions?

I filled it up the best I could, but struggled with the sexuality question because as hard it it for me to admit I think I might, and I emphasize that, I might be bi. There I said it, okay? Are you happy now?

I gave the filled application to form and she read it over. I so wanted to die just there and then. In the end she just put the application down and held me tight.

"Oh sweetie, that must be hard for you."

"You have no idea mom. You have no idea. A few days ago I was a normal guy that liked girls, now I am a girl that still likes girls but I think I'm starting to think guys cute too." I said crying. Why the heck do I have to cry so easily?

"Like Allan?" Asked MJ and I went white as a sheet of paper.

"W..what?"

"Girl, I could see your attraction to him a mile away. Don't worry about it. I'm not the jealous type. As long I am your only girl, I need to add."

"I'm so not ready to think about this."

  

###

  

After that, we changed subjects but I'm sure MJ would want to discuss that another time. What does it mean for us? I know she is bi herself, she told me that. Gosh, I'm so not ready for that just yet. And I'm not sure I'll ever will.

With the application filled, dad picked up the phone and dialed a number. A few seconds later the doorbell rang and dad picked up the application form and answered the door. When he came back, he said it was a special courier that would deliver the application right away.

"Wow, that was fast. Did they hire a teleporter to pick up the new students applications?" I asked him.

"Actually they did. The Whateley administration doesn't want their application to go through the mail system. It is not secure enough and those applications have a lot of data about potential students that many people would like to have. They started to do things this way to protect the students."

"Is it really that dangerous for mutants out there?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, yes. If it wasn't there would be no need for places like Whateley." Dad said sadly.

"When am I going there?"

"We are trying to get you there next week. You can't keep missing school and with your changes you can't go back to your old school either."

"That's true." I said. "What about you, MJ?"

"I was going to start there after summer, but with you going early, I think I'll end up going with you."

"I hope you do."

"So do I." She said. "Maybe we can be roommates." She added excitedly.

"What?" Mom and dad asked simultaneously with shocked expression on her faces.

"You two can't be roommates." mom said.

"Why not? We are both girls now, remember?"

"But you two are dating, aren't you?"

"Carol, I think this is one battle you won't win." Dad said. "Think about the bright side, neither one can get the other pregnant." He added.

"B...but... Oh well. I think you are right. I bet they will end up rooming together whatever we tell them." Mom said and gave a resigned sigh.

"Does it mean I can bring boyfriends home?" My sister asked.

"NO!" They said in sync.

"That's so not fair." My sister said with a pout. "Oh well... It's not like I have a boyfriend anyway." She added and I could see the relief in my parents faces.

  
To be continued….
  

Right now.

  

###

  

Saturday February 17, 2007

"Rise and shine, sweetie. We have a big day ahead of us." My mother woke me up with a disturbingly cheerful voice.

"Just 5 more minutes mom."

"That's what you said 10 minutes ago. Now get up and let's have breakfast. We have an appointment in a hour."

"What? You didn't call me 10 minutes ago. An appointment? Where?" I said and stretched.

"No I didn't, but that woke you up, didn't it? And you, young lady, are going to experience one of the good things about being a woman."

"And what would that be?" I asked already afraid of the answer.

"Being pampered at the spa."

"A spa? No way, mom. I'm not going."

"Yes you are. We booked it already. Your sister, MJ and I will be there too. We even got you and MJ the energizer meal package."

'The Spa? Come on Mel, let's go. It will be fun, please.

'I don't wanna.'

'Awww, come on. You'll enjoy it.'

'No. And there is nothing you can tell me that will change my mind.'

'Oh really? So you'll pass on the opportunity to see MJ naked?'

'What??? Are you serious?'

'If the spa has is a ladies only one, it is possible.'

'You are not kidding me, are you?'

'I'm serious, ask your mom?'

'What am I still in doing in bed?'

  

###

  

We had breakfast and went to pick up MJ. She was waiting for us when we got to her place and she was very excited.

"I can't believe we are going to the spa. I only went there once and had such a good time with my mom. Thanks for inviting me to go with you, Carol." She said.

"You're welcome, MJ. I don't think Mel would go if you didn't."

"That's not true." I lied.

"Mom is right and you know it." My sister said.

"I'm just going because Sue convinced me, okay? She really want us to go."

"And what did she tell you that made you change your mind?" MJ asked me.

"Hmmm.... that's not important, okay?" I said blushing.

"Ohh, I see." MJ said. "I also can't wait to see all of you." She whispered in my years and gave my earlobe a gentle nibble that made my entire body tingle.

That girl is going to be the death of me someday.

  

###

  

At the spa, the receptionist greeted us and after getting our names, led us to a dressing room where we were supposed to take off our clothes and put a bath robe. She also said we could keep our panties on if we felt more comfortable, but that was optional because it was an all female spa, including the staff.

I think I could keep writing for hours about my spa experience, but I won't. I will just give you the highlights, okay?

The first thing we did was having a massage and boy, that felt good. Inwas a little scare at first, because I had to lay down but naked face down on a padded table with just a towel that only covered my butt. When the masseuse came in, she quickly put me at ease and gave me my first and best massage ever. I swear that her massage should be classified as a mutant power. I never felt so relaxed in my life.

Next came we had a shower and got into a mad bath. Yes, I did see MJ naked, but my excitement was cut short because I also saw my mother and my sister naked and strangely enough I started to compare my body to theirs. They were acting so naturally naked around me and each other than soon it felt natural. By the way, the mud bath was something else. It felt strange and relaxing at the same time. I mean, mud clings everywhere but while we were submerged in it, it felt so good. Now, cleaning that stuff out of you in the shower afterwards is another story, specially trying to remove it from your hair.

I was a little jealous of Sue though. I let her out and enjoy the mud bath and she didn't have to deal with the cleanup afterwards. She had a blast though. Everyone chatted happily and to my shame I joined them.

Lunch was great too. I never thought healthy food could taste so heavenly. My mom got me and MJ the energizer packet, but it was still health food. Lots of greens, vegetables, fruits and fish.

After lunch we had a sauna, relaxed in a bathtub and had facials. I hate to admit but I had fun.

The last thing we did was to visit their hair salon. Yes, they had a salon, can you believe that? They said it is because they want to give their clients a unforgettable experience, where you can relax, be pampered and leave looking like a million bucks.

Things got a little odd at the salon, because they didn't seem to be able to cut my hair. I mean, they could cut it, but it would grow back soon after. Also the hair that was cut would simply vanish in mid air and that startled the stylist.

I only ended up doing my nails there. Basically they just put some polish on them because my nails didn't need shaping. To my disgust I ended with pale pink finger and toe nails because it would complement my looks. Yeah right, add more pink and that is called complementing?

Other than that we had a lot of fun and MJ seemed to like my polish color, so it was all good.

I could say it was a pleasant day without any mishaps or conflicts and that was a welcome change of pace.

  

###

  

It was already dark outside when we left the spa. I couldn't believe we spent the entire day in there. Time does fly when you are having a good time.

We left MJ at her place and went home. We were chatting and for the first time in days I was relaxed and I felt like nothing could ruin my mood.

You can't believe how wrong I was.

We just got out of the car when half dozen people wearing what looked like grey power armors landed in front of us.

"Remember, we just need to capture capture the girl with pink hair alive. Kill the rest we don't want witnesses." I heard one of them say and I could feel my blood boil...

Who are they? Who they think they are to threaten me and my family? No one threatens my family.

"Run!" I yelled to mom and sis right before my shield came up and I made a fist punch one of the guys right on the chest and send him flying back, hitting the ground over 30 feet away.

I saw one of the other guys along aim at mom and I made a wall appear in front of mom just in case and a giant hand over his gun, with a thought I closed the hand smashing the gun to bits, causing an explosion that knocked him out.

The other four by then were clearly hesitating.

"Shit, man. No one said anything about going up against a freaking pink lantern." I heard one of them say.

"I... AM... NOT... A... PINK... LANTERN!" I said angrily as I flew at him and punched him directly, sending him flying with cracks all over his chest place.

"Shit, these were supposed to withstand over 4 tons of force. I'm out of here I heard another one say before flying away.

The other 2 decided then to shoot at me. My shield protected me from the blast of the first one, but knocking me back, making me hit the wall of my home. The second blast came and my shield still held and I fell on the ground. Another one came and my shield fell. Seeing the opportunity, one of them shot me right at my one of my leg. I felt a huge pain and looked down to see my left leg missing from the knee down.

'Let me out! I'll fight them.'

I did so and she immediately jumped at one of the guys, changing in mid air. I could see claws extending from her hands and she took a more feral appearance, more like a cat or a panther before she shred his gun and armor to pieces and I could see her jump at the other guy before everything faded away.

  


  
To be continued….
  

Hi everyone. You know the drill, right? Comment, press the kudos button, blah blah blah blah.

Seriously I love to hear your opinions. Even if I don't answer every single one of the comments I DO read them all and they CAN give me ideas for the story too, so they DO have an impact of how the story develops. It might also keep me from going into a serious case of writer’s block.

Hugs, Andrea.

up
276 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

How thin can you-

Make a forcefield blade? I'm thinking that if Sue's strength is anything like Mel's that armor is sliced cheese. With her very hurt Sue won't have a reason to hold back either with the whole deadly force thing. I do hope her regen is as good as they think.

Somebody wants her pretty bad, but we don't know why. They didn't know about her powers, but it might be because of Sue. If whoever killed her heard about that visit, then they might be trying to cover tracks here. No statue of limitations on murder.

hugs
Grover

Her powers are mostly limited

Her powers are mostly limited to the 5 tons of force and more than likely distance, having a limit how far the constructs can be from her, oh, they must be pink too of course.

Other than that, the beauty of them being basically illusions is imagination. As she is right now she is untrained and in a stressful situation imagining things isn't something easy to do. That's why she mostly kept to fists and hand.

Also, right now it is unknown how much damage can a construct sustain before vanishing as happened to her field after being hit a few times.

I'd like to mention that this the very first fight sequence I ever wrote and I hope it wasn't too bad.

Hugs,
Andrea.

Sue's Murder?

I like your thinking, but if that was the case wouldn't they be trying to kill her rather than capture her alive? I suppose they might be trying to "extract" the avatar, although some of the canon story lines seem to imply only Tansy is that desperate/stupid.
The MCO agent ("of idiocy") may have leaked the details? He had the home address and everything needed for the temporary MID.
Or was our ex-supervillain Doctor's equipment supplied by another super-villain who left bugs, and has sent henchmen? The conversations between the bad guys does have a sort of "unprofessional henchman" air about it.
Or is something even more insidious going on? Probably!
Great story, please keep it up!

To Be Continued....

revolution's picture

Right Now.

Very nice touch! Great to see some action! loved the knights reaction to her abilities, even they see her as a pink lantern.

I just couldn't resist. That

I just couldn't resist. That point felt like one I would normally stop, but then the chapter would be too short so I decided to do that. In the end I think this chapter ended up becoming the biggest one so far. I could be wrong but I don't feel like checking the lenght of the other chapters.

Hugs,
Andrea

Absolutely awesome! Yay powerfight!

She's gonna get so much respect when she gets to Whately for messing these guys up. Word kind gets around about stuff like that like how Lancer had trounced the army goons led by the hater-tard when Hanna was becoming Hank.

I love this stuff it rocks!

Oh on a side note someone should show her pictures of marvels Diamondback as a self-image fix about the pink, plus there's the singer's Pink's music which would just fit like the song *So What*.

......... "Na, na, na...na...I wanna start a fight!"

*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Mostly at this point she is

Mostly at this point she is only complaining just not admit that the color is growing on her.

And please, no growing out of her jokes.

Hugs,
Andrea

Power fight

Yup, she's definitely going to fit in at Poe - what with being a changeling, already having a Bi partner AND getting into a superpowered fight before arriving! :)

Not to mention the possibility of Mel and Sue taking an active part in the customary prank wars...


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Time to take the gloves off

Elsbeth's picture

Pink claws work for me..

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Thank you. I was a little

Thank you. I was a little worried about writing a fight scene. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Hugs,
Andrea.

lost her leg?

oh wow. The fight scene was cool, by the way.

DogSig.png

Thanks Dorothy. I was really

Thanks Dorothy. I was really nervous about it. I almost scrapped it completely but my muse didn't let me. She is such a meanie sometimes.

Hugs,
Andrea

The good the bad and the ugly

I think that there are a few of us here that are addicted to the story and need more.

This Is the Good.

Bad is the time we have to wait in-between and the cliff hangers you use at the end of most chapters and the fear that this story will end or will end too soon.

The ugly is the The real human drama we get either in the real world or fictional world with the non understanding of the people in it, either for their own personal gain and prejudice, lack of understanding and compassion for the others in the world who are different.

Thank you for an enjoyable story and the escape you give us for a short time during our sometimes stressful day.

Hopefulgirl

At least the cliffhanger

At least the cliffhanger won't last for long. I'm already working on the next chapter (my slave driver muse is forcing me to) and I hope to post it tomorrow.

I'm happy that you are looking forward new installments of my story and I hope to keep doing it justice.

Hugs,
Andrea.

Pink? Why Pink? - Part 17

Can Sue control Mel's body if she is knocked out?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

No, she can't. An avatar

No, she can't. An avatar spirit can't possess the Avatar, although sometimes the avatar can relinquish temporarily the control of the body, giving the appearance of a spiritual possession. The key thing is that the avatar must be awake and allow it. At least that's how I understand it.

Hugs,
Andrea

Not too worried about Sue needing to work Mel's body...

I'm more concerned about Mel blacking out (Blood loss? Another shot from the rifles striking her?) and whether that would make all her pink constructs (including Sue's body) de-rez. Or would Sue's body hold together because she's controlling it, even if Mel is unconscious?

Other than the spelling and typos, you're doing great. :) Even the battle scene. Love the powered armour guys and how surprised they were at Mel's power level. And like you said, she's untrained. :)

Lisa