Pink? Why Pink? - Part 14

Printer-friendly version
'I have no idea how are we going to convince her that I'm in here with you.'

  

Pink? Why Pink?
Part 14
 ©2012 - Andrea Ribeiro

  

"Where do you want to go now, Mel?" Dad asked me after we left the police station.

"Why don't we go to the mall?" I suggested.

"Please don't tell me you want to go shopping already?" He asked with a fearful tone in his voice.

"No dad. I wouldn't do that to you. I was thinking that maybe we could go there and you could call that lawyer the detective talked about before having an early lunch, that's all."

"Why didn't you say so in the first place? You got me worried for a sec. That's actually a good idea. You are not eating burritos again, are you?"

"DAD! Knock it off already. No, I'm not going to eat burritos. I'm not very hungry right now."

"Are you sick or something? Ever since you changed you have been eating enough food to feed a battalion."

"It's not that much, Dad. I'm not sure, maybe it's because I didn't use my powers at all today?"

"It does make sense."

"It does?"

"Sure. I did some reading and it seems that energizers and TK bricks eat a lot not only to fuel their powers, but because in most cases they are always active, regardless of active using them or not. Like the To field of a brick, it is always on protecting him or her regardless of them needing that protection or not. There are other examples too, like metabolic rates and other things that is way over my head."

"I see. In my case, the To field isn't always on, if that's what it is. I think it is just another of my constructs, but covering myself. So the fact that my powers aren't active 100% of the time, except for my regen, my appetite will go down to a more normal level."

"That's what I think. I could be wrong though."

"I wouldn't worry about that, dad. Even if you aren't completely accurate, I still think you got the right idea. I don't know much about mutants either to give a better explanation."

  

###

  

We arrived at the mall and unlike mom, dad always had problems finding a parking space. probably because that is always more tense at the wheel than mom that it feels like it takes longer to find a parking space. Mom is always calm and dad, well, dad is dad. He never misses an opportunity to swear at the other drivers and get nervous about pretty much anything. And he still says that he loves to drive. Go figure.
Anyway, as soon we left the car, dad called the lawyer and managed to set up an appointment for after lunch., meaning roughly an hour from now.

We looked around the food court and dad chose to eat a big T-bone steak with fries. I on the other hand decided to eat a tuna salad that was looking strangely appetizing.

"What's up with the girly food?" Dad asked. "That's what your mother always eat when we come here." He said.

"I don't know. It did look good and I felt like it." I said shrugging.

While we were eating I noticed the lusty looks many guys were giving me. I am pretty they were undressing me with their eyes, something that I did quite frequently to pretty girls for my shame. I never felt more violated and vulnerable in my whole life, yet at the same time I felt strangely empowered, being able to cause such a strong impression on them. Isn't that crazy? Dad of course was oblivious to what was happening around him, being too busy chewing his piece of dead cow.

After we finished our lunches, we cleaned the table and we were off to our next destination.

  

###

  

At the lawyer office, we were greeted by his a very pretty secretary. She was blond and appeared to be in her mid twenties. She had delicate features and a cute button nose.

Okay, stop looking at the secretary. I can't believe I was about to describe her outfit. Even worse I was describing her face. Before I would just have said that we were greeted by a hot blond or something like that. Am I changing so much?

'Don't worry so much, Mel. Boys and girls see the world differently. It has to do with how our brains are wired, and your brain had an overhaul and is wired as a girl now.'

'I'm not sure I like it. I was comfortable before, now I have all these new thoughts going through my head and my emotions seem a little more loose too.'

'The emotions being looser is probably because of your new hormonal balance. You are still getting used to them. Don't worry, you'll get used to it.'

'That's what I'm afraid of.'

Thankfully a man that reminded me of an younger Harrison Ford came and greeted us, interrupting my inner conversation with Sue.

"Hello Mr. Romsey, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Anthony Davis, but you can call me Tony." He said.

"Thank you, Tony. Please call me John. It doesn't seems fair for me to call you Tony and for you to use my last name. And this is Melody." My father said and looked at me.

We went to his office and asked if we wanted anything to drink after we were seated.

"I don't need anything, thank you." I told him.

"I'm fine too, thanks." Dad said.

I think I'll hurry this part a little bit. I'm sure none of you want to keep me telling everything the hot looking lawyer said, right? So I'll just go over the basics. My dad gave home the documents and we had to fill up some forms. I had even to give 2 different signatures. One was with my old name and one was with my new one. All in all it didn't take is long there and before we left he said he would take care of everything for us.

Wait a minute. Did I say the she is a hot looking guy? Shit I'm screwed.

  

###

  

Finally it was the time for us to go visit She's mother. Dad was driving us to the nursing home and we were starting to get a little nervous.

'Maybe this isn't such a good idea.'

'Why not? I thought you needed to do this.'

'I do, but I'm scared. I have no idea how are we going to convince her that I'm in here with you.'

'We will figure something out. She is your mother, there are probably tons of things the only the two of you shared.'

'That's true. I just wish I could talk to her directly.'

'You know, maybe we can arrange that.'

'How?'

'There are two possibilities. One is likely to work, the other, who knows? The first possibility is something that I heard some time ago about avatars, how some of them could let the spirit take over the body and communicate. The other is that I could create a construct of your old self and see if you could link to it.'

'I heard that about avatars too. It was in a TV show a while back. But what you mean about linking to a construct? Like possessing it?'

'I don't think it's like a possession. I mean I don't think you can leave me anyway. I think more like... ironically the best word I can come up with is an Avatar, a representation of yourself that you control. They are controlled by me, so they must be linked to me somehow right? Maybe you can use that link to project your consciousness into the construct.'

'You think it might work?'

'I don't know, but it is worth to try, right?'

  

###

  

We parked the car not far from the the nursing home and I said to dad as we left the car.

"Dad, there is something I was discussing with Sue that I want to try. Don't freak out if it works, okay?"

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to try to give her a temporary body for her to talk to her mother. I don't know if I can do it or how much effort it will be to keep it going. I want you to stay with me while I do this, okay?"

"Is it dangerous?"

"I don't think so, it's just that I never tried it before. Shouldn't be harder than to keep a construct on."

"Okay, but if it gets too much, stop."

"Okay, dad. I will."

'Are you ready?'

'As ready as I'll ever be.'

'Just try to picture an image of yourself as the best you can. One that your mother will be able to recognize.'

She did so and I could picture a cute looking read head, average height and long hair. She looked to be around 15 or 16. With her image I worked on making a construct appear and in no time there was a version in pink of Sue's self image.

With that done I closed my eyes and tried to feel the link between me and the construct. It was easier than I though, as I could see in my mind's eye a line going from me to the construct. An odd thing happened though. By concentrating on the link I felt it widening and get stronger and when that happened I could feel it's body like it was my own.

'Whoa... did you feel that?’

'I did, it was odd.'

'You saw what I did, right? Can you try to reach to it? I'll try to pull back but keeping the link widened.'

She didn't need to say anything, I could feel her trying to reach out to the construct, but seemed to be blocked by something. I tried to see what it was and I felt something like a door. A door that I somehow knew that I could open. Probably it is a representation of my consent for her to control that construct. I reached for the door and when I touched it, I felt it go away, letting Sue reach the construct.

"Wow, I can't believe it." I heard a familiar voice say.

I opened my eyes and saw Sue's construct moving her hands and looking at them.

"It worked. It worked. I can even see through these eyes, I can feel the sun and I can talk. Oh my gosh." She was all excited and did something I didn't expect. She hugged me and cried. She felt so real, other than being all in shades of pink of course.

"That's so freaky." I heard dad say. "I didn't know your illusions could talk."

"I didn't know either. It is the first time it happened. Maybe all my constructs can make some noise as long as I will them to."

"How are you feeling?"

"Right now I'm feeling fine. It doesn't feel harder than keeping any other construct active. Of course I still don't know how long I can keep one on anyway."

"Then maybe we should hurry. It wouldn't be good to go through all this trouble and have her disappear before talking to her mother."

"That's true." I told dad.

"Are you ready to do this?" I asked Sue.

"More than ever. Thank you."

"Let's go."
  


  
To be continued….
  

Hi everyone. You know the drill, right? Comment, press the kudos button, blah blah blah blah.

Seriously I love to hear your opinions. Even if I don't answer every single one of the comments I DO read them all and they CAN give me ideas for the story too, so they DO have an impact of how the story develops.

Hugs, Andrea.

up
249 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

this is a nice guesture

and creating a construct for her is amazing as well as wonderful. Hopefully, it lasts long enough for the poor girl to talk to her mother ...

DogSig.png

Thank you Dorothy, I'm glad

Thank you Dorothy, I'm glad that you liked it. I was in doubt of what to do, but in the end that's what got out of my silly little head.

Hugs,
Andrea.

Gives-

Her some interesting flexibility too. Talk about an extra pair of hands! :) Nice!
hugs
Grover

or

maybe in a bad situation someone to watch her back without taking up a lot of her concentration.

good job

lets hope Sue can have a good talk with her mom.
great chapter, thanks

Typo's

There's a couple of references to "To fields" that should be "Tk"

Avatars and constructs

I kinda wondered if it might be possible for Sue to control a construct. What would be interesting to know is if Mel has enough avatar power to host additional spirits. Not another dead mutant or anything major, but if she could host an animal or two she could give them temporary bodies also. Even if she doesn't this option definitely offers lots of advantages. Mel uses the TK power in conjunction with the projections, but Sue use to be a traditional TK user. Can Sue use her powers herself while in a construct copy of her body? Not to mention being able to use Jade's study trick, although probably not as well since I doubt they share all memories.

The Pink Pack

Or maybe that should be the Pink Pact given the Avatar thing and hosting spirits. :)
"Meet my friends!"
Hugs
Grover

Pink? Why Pink? - Part 14

Is the avatar/construct pink? Wondering if she now is possessing it if she will give it some color other than pink and if all pink, is it in shades of pink?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Who knows...in some future

Who knows...in some future combat scenario: Imagine how helpful an extra friend would be who could operate independently? Or,in the need of stealth, the Sue construct could bypass heat sensors or other detection.
I'm having fun in the reading, please keep up the writing.

Dance the dream you're in

Do not trust spell checkers

They lie to you.

I noticed errors to, more than just To-TK ones. Should watch out for that, as the minor confusion it creates draws you out of the story as you try to fix it in your mind. But awsome story , loved the minor panic attack from Dad when Mel mentioned the mall, lol.

A brave experiment...

Given that neither persona knows how long the construct will last nor what the reaction of Sue's mum will be, this is going to be one brave experiment!

But going into the future, given the constructs are 'hard', it may be possible for Sue and Mel to play (short?) multiplayer games against each other, or even have separate conversations with a third party :D Remember, although they share one physical body, they are two completely separate people (so to speak) - but unlike Jade, I don't think Melody will be able to keep a construct going for over two hours at a time. So after the meeting with Sue's mum, it could be worth experimenting with the second option: temporarily handing over the reins of the physical body to Sue - I'd imagine doing so would involve a similar doorway approach to the construct, so either persona could unilaterally end the connection.

Although theoretically it may be possible for Sue to have control while Melody's asleep, although the body is that of an energizer, it still needs physical rest. Random thought: since constructs are partially magical and don't need continuous concentration, it could be an interesting experiment for Mel to create one immediately before going to sleep, and Sue timing how long it lasts... that may give Sue a small amount of 'independent' time each day via a construct...


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!