College Girl : 1

Printer-friendly version

College Girl

By poetheather

Chap 1

My curiosity and sense of humor get the best of me every once in a while, and some of what amuses me often leads me into trouble. This was most definitely one of those times.

I have always been one for equality, you know no exclusive clubs or organizations or groups. So I wanted to get into one of these exclusive clubs and change things around. I was of the opinion that this course of action was all for the good. But things don’t always work out they way you plan them.

I had just graduated High School and was getting ready to head to the state university. My eighteenth birthday had passed and I was still hoping to start shaving, or at least to start growing a goatee for college. If my voice managed to cooperate I could start to sound manly as well. Muscle development was also lagging behind as well, so no intramural sports for me. This was all due to my lovely, quirky genetic heritage. Late onset puberty was rather disconcerting in high school but thankfully some of my friends turned some of the assholes aside. That had at least made life bearable.
In a way, I felt like Davy Jones of the Monkeys who started shaving and all of that fun in his thirties. My dad had started full puberty in his late twenties. All he had prior was downy pubic hair, peach fuzz on his cheeks and a somewhat more adult penis. He had let me know all of this before he had died. Kind of a what to look forward to speech.

My luck with women was also only bearable. I’d been on a few dates but not much had come of them. Perhaps my own appearance had something to do with it. . I had shoulder length sandy blond hair that just kind of sat there, hazel eyes and just dressed for comfort. Add to that the fact that I still looked more like a junior high school kid than a near adult and it might make some sense. I knew I was not some gorgeous hunk or some such nonsense, but I was getting used to it. It was not very comfortable, but you can get used to anything over time.

So keeping all of these things in mind I approached my latest venture.

I thought it would be a good little fight if I tried to get into a Sorority. Naturally they would try to bar a man from entering and I could push the issue for a certain amusement value. My father’s inheritance could help me fund such a thing. I wrote off to the Sorority I had chosen and requested some information on their Fall Rush; including the dress code necessary. I smirked to myself at the thought. This would be fun.

I also had a good friend who also lived in the city and went to the University as well. Rebecca had been there about a year already. I was going to stay with her while I hunted for an apartment and made my first contacts with the sorority. It had been her name and address I had used to gather my initial information. I packed my bags and set out on this grand adventure.

* * * * * * * * * * *

The city was very nice. It had been built among slight rolling hills with trees everywhere and a river running through it. All very nice and what you might expect from a college town. I pulled up to Rebecca’s apartment in my Volkswagen Jetta, my mother’s graduation present to me. I carried my bags up to her apartment and went through the mail that had arrived from the sorority. It gave plenty of descriptions of what Rush week would entail. It took place before classes started so as to not interfere with studying. Rebecca chuckled as she saw me go through the mail. “So Richard, you are really going to do this?”

“Sure Becca, why not? It sounds fun and it will be amusing.” I was kind of confused by her stance.

“Well, they are nice girls. They are not as stuck up as some of the other Sor Whores out there. I don’t want to see you actually hurt them.”

“Hurt them? How would I do that? All I am going to do is try to make it in to the Sorority, not do something mean. Besides, you know how I feel about some of these groups.”

“I know Richard. I’ll do what I can to help, I told you I would. You know me, I get worried about you.” She smiled her lopsided smile at me.

She and I had become friends in junior high after an attempt at dating. After the ‘can’t we be friends’ speech we actually did that. She had helped keep me safe through High School. Her being a year ahead of me didn’t hurt.

“Thanks Becca. I can’t tell you how much this means to me.” I hugged her. “Well, I should get my first meeting with them started so we can see how this plays out. I’ll tell you all about it when I get back.”

I went downstairs and headed to the house to talk my way in. This would, no doubt, keep me chuckling for years.

The house was so impressive. It was a huge three-story plantation style mansion in white with a darker wood trim about. The Greek letters were in the middle of the well-groomed lawn in various colored flowers. The whole thing was really very pretty.
I went up to the door and rang the bell, checking to make sure I didn’t look too wrinkled, in my white dress shirt and blue jeans. I tugged on my ponytail to make sure it held. I needed to play this right if it was going to work.

After a short wait a young woman with blue eyes and sandy blond hair wearing jeans and a nice blouse answered the door. “Yes, can I help you?”

I smiled as nicely as I knew how. “ Yes, I would like to speak with the President of the house and the Rush Chairwoman if it is at all possible.”

Research had always done some good things for me in the past. Now it had let me know the power structure of the house and who it was I really needed to talk to.
“Certainly. Please come inside and have a seat while I get them, Mr. …?”

“Richard O’Rourke.”

“Mr. O’Rourke. I’ll be right back.” She led me to a sitting room just inside the foyer. It was beautifully decorated, with nice wallpaper and fresh flowers. The chair I sat in was quite comfortable. Obviously this particular Sorority was doing quite well.
Again I did not have to wait very long, as a few minutes later in walked two quite striking women, one with brown hair in a sundress and the other with black hair in jeans and a t-shirt. The brown haired one spoke first. “Hello, I’m Sandra Gray, President of this Sorority and this is Nadia Grunwald, our Rush Chair. I was told that you wanted to speak with us?”

I shook their hands politely as the introduced themselves. “Yes. My name is Richard O’Rourke. It is a pleasure to meet you both.”

We all sat down. They looked curiously at me, hoping to get some idea as to what I wanted. “The reason I am here is this; I would like to join your Sorority. I wish to so as that I consider it a form of bias, not seriously considering and accepting all who apply for an organization. I am very serious about wanting to join your sorority and will do what ever I need to for you to let me join.”

They both sat back looking amused. I was sure I would be shot down at this point and I could move on to the next phase of my plan. However, my plan did not exactly go as planned.

“Let me get this straight Mr. O’Rourke. You want to join our Sorority, even though it is a woman’s only organization, and you are willing to do anything to do so? Is that correct?” asked Miss Gray, calmly.

“Yes. I will do whatever I have to in order to join.”

Miss Grunwald slid forward with an intense look in her eyes. “Due to the way you phrased this and the way you are doing this, I assume you have prepared a suitable legal response should we just dismiss your request.”

I nodded slowly. She was really astute. That fact itself made me a bit worried. “Yes I have, should I need to.”

Miss Gray’s eyes narrowed thoughtfully. “Well then, in order to avoid any legal problems, let us take you seriously then.”

The two of them spent the next half-hour effectively interrogating me. By the end of that time I think they had gotten each piece of information they wanted out of me. I felt wrung out and worried.

“Now Richard, you know we have a dress code for our pledges, which includes skirts and dresses?” asked Miss Grunwald.

“Yes, I am aware of that. Like I said earlier, I will do whatever I have to in order to make it in.”

“If we decide to let you in you would have to abide by our houses codes and not make us look foolish. If you join, you would need to bring honor to our house. Can you honestly say that this idea of yours will bring honor to our house?” This was from Miss Gray, who looked piercingly at me.

I boldly drove on, feeling that I could actually pull this off. “Whatever I had to do to get in and to bring honor to this house would be fine with me.”

“Even if it meant that you would have to look like a Sorority girl? All the time?” asked Miss Gray, raising one eyebrow questioningly.

“Sure. If that’s all it took, wear dresses and skirts, so be it. I am seriously considering this. It is not some sort of joke.”

“Well, thank you for your time Richard. Let us speak to the ladies of the house and we will take a vote. I will also need to get approval from National if the ladies decide to let you try. I will call you in a day or two. Good day.”

I was seen out of the house and stood there as the door closed behind me. I left the house smiling. This was certainly turning out better than I thought it would. If they had to put it to a vote, there was no way they would actually vote for this. I returned to Rebecca’s apartment whistling.

Rebecca was waiting for me. “So how did it go?”

“Pretty good. They took me fairly seriously and are going to put it to a vote. I should hear back in a day or two.” I beamed.

“What are you going to do if they say yes?”

“Join. It can’t be that bad.”

“Even if it means dressing like a girl?” She cocked her head at me.

“Sure. Remember my outfit for Halloween in my junior year. I looked fairly believable according to you. And it should only be for functions and the like. Otherwise I’ll be me.”

“Alright. I just don’t want you to get in over your head.”

“I won’t. Like they’re going to even do this. So where would you like to go eat?”

Three days later I got called back. I had been thinking that they might not even call me and so I was actually getting the paperwork together for the next step when the phone rang. I answered it. “Hello?”

“Richard? This is Nadia Grunwald, the Rush Chair. I suppose you have been waiting for this call. I am sorry it took longer than we thought.”

“No problem.”

“Before I can tell you anything I need an answer to this question: You will do anything to join the house and to bring honor to it? I must advise you that this call is being recorded.”

A very smart legal move on her part, my answer would be evidence should we have to go to court over this. “As I said at our meeting, yes. Anything.”

“ Alright. Now if you are not busy could you come by the house?”

“Certainly. I will be there in about twenty minutes.”

I left Rebecca a note as to what was going on and I drove over there with some trepidation. Was this actually going to work? And if so what had my answer gotten me into?

I parked my car and walked up towards the door, wiping my now sweaty hands on my pants nervously. I was ushered into the house after I rang the bell. The same blonde girl answered and led me to the sitting room again. Miss Gray and Miss Grunwald were waiting for me. I took the offered seat nervously.

Sandra Gray’s smile was genuinely evil. “Well, Mr. O’Rourke, it looks as if you may get what you want. The ladies voted and decided to provisionally accept you. We also got National approval so as to avoid any legal annoyance or undue attention. Besides, after you hear the proposal it is doubtful that you will want to stay.”

They had accepted me?! Provisionally of course, but they had said yes. I had to hear the conditions first, even though a sense of dread filled me. “And these conditions are?”

“While you are a pledge and while you are here at this University you will live, look and act like a woman, as all in this house are supposed to be ladies. Should you agree, you will live in this house under close supervision, at least for the first year and tutored in the ways of being a lady. You will be a lady! Anything that the ladies of the house feel are necessary to accomplish this task will be done. These are the conditions of your admission and by your own admission on tape you said you would do what ever was necessary to become one of the sisters of this house.” Sandra sat back into her chair looking smug. The literal cat who ate the canary. Who would possibly take them up under those conditions?

I sat back as well and thought it over. What did I have to lose? I was sure I could make my mom understand the why and the how of this. She always said she just wanted me to be happy. My dad was dead, so there was no need to worry about him taking it poorly. Rebecca would laugh at me for getting caught in my own plot, but that was fine. Besides a yes would knock that smug smile from Miss Gray’s face. A yes would be the last thing they would be expecting. Surely, no man would actually take this seriously. “If that is what it takes, alright. I said I was serious.”

Again, I had miss judged the situation, and the effect that I thought would happen didn’t. The two women looked at each other and grinned even broader. “We hoped you would say that.” Replied Nadia.

I got really worried at that point. What had I done to myself this time? My beautiful plan to harass a Sorority turned and bit me in the proverbial ass. The two ladies stood and gestured to the door. “Shall we Richard?”

I stood and followed the two women deeper into the house, realizing that I may have trapped myself in this by means of my own cleverness. I was sure I could quit at any time during this but that may have been something they were counting on. Surely one of them would develop a problem with this as it went along. I would go through with this come what may.

We walked through the house, back into what must have been their meeting room. There were about thirty women in there all seated like some sort of tribunal. Sandra and Nadia let me in front of them. I stood there, trying to look calm but more probably like a scared rabbit. Sandra addressed them all, with both of her hands on my shoulders. “Sisters, let me introduce the subject of our discussions, Richard O’Rourke, our newest pledge and our special project. Richard, these are the women who might someday become your sisters, if you don’t quit.”

I smiled and felt all their eyes weighing me, trying to find out what kind of a nut I was.
“Well, ladies, let’s have lunch. Those of you who are to take charge of Richard come on over.” Four of the women came over and joined Sandra and Nadia. The seven of us walked to a table and took food from the family style service.

“Now Richard let me introduce you to those who will be working with you. First off, is Gwen,” she pointed to a brunette with bright blue eyes and a great figure. “She will be your roommate and nominally in charge of you while you are with us. She will help you in school and in becoming a woman. Meredith here will be working on getting you to look right. She is a theatre make-up major.”

The blonde who had let me in smiled at me, cute dimples. Sandra then gestured to an Asian girl with raven black hair braided tightly. “This is Anne. She is going to help you sound like a woman. She is a speech therapist in training. And this is Rebecca. She is Nadia’s Vice Rush Chair. Those two will teach you all you need to know to become a sister of the house. The rest of us will correct your actions until you blend in perfectly. Now Richard, you this means your time here will all be done looking, acting, and sounding like a woman? No guy stuff. As a pledge you will basically have to do as you are told until you become a sister. One last time, to join this sorority you will have to all but become a woman, as we will do whatever we must to make you appear as a woman so our house will not have shame brought upon it. Are you still willing?”

After the introductions and being told the extent to which this went I almost said no. I mean why would I want to go through school as a woman? I was a guy. But I had decided that a guy joining a sorority would be of some amusement value, besides all I would be doing is acting a part. I had never acted before, but I could do this. “Yes. I am still willing Sandra.”

“Good. Well, you can’t be Richard if you are a college girl. So we need to give you a new name.” She responded.

“Uh…I don’t think I had thought through that part yet.” A new name?

“Well, we did. Caitlin Deirdre O’Rourke. Cait for short. You will need to learn it so you react to it as if it were your own, which it now is.”

“Caitlin? Uh…that’s… nice… I think.” What? That was a really girly name. Why couldn’t they have done something with my own name? Surely there was a girly sounding version of Richard?

Gwen laughed. “Richard doesn’t like it. Pay up Merri, I win.”

Meredith fumed a little and began to dig into her purse. I blurted out, “No, the name is fine. I just… never have been called anything like that. I’m trying to get used to all of this. It is going a lot faster than I had expected.”

Meredith laughed this time. “Hah, I knew he hadn’t really thought this through all the way. Pay up Nadia.”

Now it was Nadia’s turn to grumble and dig out some money. She handed a five over to Meredith who was now clutching ten dollars and chuckling happily. Sandra just shook her head. “You two would think you would have learned by now. No one has ever won a bet against Merri yet.”

Richard smiled. He was probably going to like these people, especially Meredith. She seemed to be his kind of weird.

“Well, Caitlin, I’ll leave you in the good care of these ladies. They will be able to take care of all of the necessary arrangements. You move in tonight. There is a lot to do get you ready for both school and Rush week. You only have three weeks till Rush week. Work hard.” With that Sandra, Nadia and Rebecca got up and left the table.
Meredith smiled at me brightly. “Well Caitlin, who used to be Richard, let’s go up to your room and get down to work.”

up
106 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

interesting start

I like where this may be going.
Please continue.

hugs

Holly

Friendship is like glass,
once broken it can be mented,
but there will always be a crack.

good story

I like the story. But please, don't be such a tease, and post the other parts you've finished as well. I know that i've seen them on Sapphires Place, somewhere....

Love,
Marie-Claire

Pace of Posting

Due to the fact that I can't type as fast as Edeyn and am revising and adding to the stories, it is going to take a bit longer to post everything. No worries though, I am planning once a week or maybe more for posting. Enjoy.

Thanks for reading,

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Edeyn is Unique Marie

... She is unusually quick as a typist, accurate, creative, and very giving of herself to create such good stories and post so quickly. Her real life activities attribute and enhance those qualities. The rest of us, woefully, cannot match her pace. I am quite certain Heather will post just as fast as she can, and maintain her accuracy and story quality! Edeyn set new benchmarks that a lot of us authors have a long ways to go, if, we can even ever get there, to match. I'll be anxiously awaiting to see how the rest of this turns out Heather :)

Hugs!

Sephrena Lynn Miller

I like this story

This looks as though this story is going to be fun. It's starting out well and I will have to add it to my favorites to read. Arecee

Naming mistake ?

Regarding the line near the end of the chapter saying
Gwen laughed. “Richard doesn’t like it. Pay up Merri, I win.”

I suspect that "Gwen" needs to be changed in "Nadia". If not, then the next lines don't make much sense.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Nope, it does follow. Gwen

Nope, it does follow. Gwen wins because of her bet relating to the name. Merri wins due to a bet relating to how far Richard thought things out. Two different bets, each involving Merri and another person. Honest.

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

College girl revisiting

Heather,
Read this story a long time ago, it was like an idea or dream I never had the nerve to do

Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Yeah, Writing this story got

Yeah,

Writing this story got me through a really tough time in my life and when I started transition it felt right to put it online to share it with everyone else.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.