Bound

Printer-friendly version

It felt like I was swimming through a sea of blackness and vague echoes of pain rolled through me. I blinked my eyes open and all that greeted me was faint light. I tried to roll over, to work my way to my feet, when I realized that my arms were restrained. So were my legs.

Bound
poetheather

It felt like I was swimming through a sea of blackness and vague echoes of pain rolled through me. I blinked my eyes open and all that greeted me was faint light. I tried to roll over, to work my way to my feet, when I realized that my arms were restrained. So were my legs.

I turned my head to get a better view of the room when I realized that the feeling of weight on my chest had to be these breasts. How the hell did I get breasts and at least D cup by the size of them? What the hell had happened to me?

I struggled to recollect what I last remembered however my thoughts were a murky soup. I had vague, wavy memories of being in Hannigan’s pub on All Soul’s Day, drinking a toast to my mother. That was as far as I could get. Maybe when I woke up more the memories would return.

The sound of boards creaking, as if someone were creeping up to me, caused a shiver down my restrained body. What I could see of the room, it looked old and ill kempt, like I was in an abandoned building. Why the hell was I here?

The sound of the creaking grew ever nearer, but I could see no one. The foggy haze of my mind began to clear so I could make a better assessment of my situation. It seemed as if I were bound to some sort of padded table by wide leather cuffs. When I moved my arms the slight amount I was able I could hear the clink of chains. My legs felt similarly restrained. I was securely bound and there was no way I could escape.

I raised my body up, arching my back some, but it wasn’t all that far as I felt weak. I also felt some pain in my ribs and a kind of muffled feeling in my crotch.

Oh God…what had they done to me? Given the mounds of flesh on my chest I could only imagine what they had done. I…I had probably been given a vagina. I started to cry, violated and afraid. What they hell did they want with me and why had they done this to me?

The creaking stopped.

I looked frantically back and forth, trying to see if I could see any one. I raised my head but my vision was blocked enough that I could see nothing but the top of a doorway. The lintel was cracked and the paint peeling in flakes. This had to be some sort of abandoned something or other.

I tried to scream, but my throat throbbed in pain. All that came out was a pitiful squeak. I wanted to bring my hand to my throat and tugged at my chains. I tried to simply say something and my voice had been changed as well, what came out was the high pitched voice of a soprano. “Hello? Is there anybody there?”

The wind shook the room, howling through gaps in the walls, I flinched as a section of plaster fell by my bed. “Help me.”

There was the creak again. Was somebody there and was that good or bad?

The bar…I had been at the bar when the bet was made. I remembered something about $200 if I would go into the abandoned asylum and get something from deep in the place. It was a stupid bet, or so I thought. What had happened? Dear God, what had happened to me?

“Elizabeth…” Was that a voice or the wind playing tricks with my ears? I struggled some more hoping against hope that I could get out of this mess.

“Elizabeth…” The creak grew ever nearer and the lights began to flicker some.

“Help!” I screamed as loud as I could, but the throat was too weak to make much noise. I struggled in my bonds, feeling the bed move slightly. “Let me out!”

“Elizabeth…” The wind had to have moaned that…right?

My arms ached from the strain I was putting on them. I needed to get free. I needed to escape before things got worse. “Somebody help me!!”

“Elizabeth…” The creaking was right up on me. I felt a cold touch on my inner thigh. I strained to look but there was no one there. It felt as if something was being loosened, or something. I screamed when whatever it was up inside me was pulled out. Oh God…I really had a vagina. Tears ran down my face as I struggled despite the pain.

Once that was removed I felt the same cold hand slide up my body and over my breasts. My nipples tightened painfully at the cold. How could my nipples have gotten so large? I squirmed, to get away from that cold, invisible hand.

“Elizabeth…” It was whispered in my ear.

“Who are you and why are you doing this to me?” I screamed out the question in my overly soft voice.

“Elizabeth…” The air shimmered to my right. I turned to look and this woman was shifting and flickering in the air next to me. Her movements looked odd and I could see the walls through her. I screamed.

“Elizabeth…”

The shimmering figure stroked my face and smiled down at me. Her face shifted from her young beautiful face to a rotted corpses face. I wet myself in fear, feeling the warm liquid run down the curve of my ass. Dear God what had I done to deserve this?

“Elizabeth…”

The thing leaned down, its changing face grinning down at me. The hand on the side of my face was gentle and colder than ice. I wanted to flinch away but I couldn’t move away enough. Was it going to kiss me?

“Elizabeth…”

I could feel the cold musty air against my face, from where it had spoken. I shuddered. The lips touched mine and the freezing lips and tongue kissed me. As I inhaled, I could feel something begin to fill my lungs, like breathing really cold air in winter, painful and burning.

The figure slipped away like smoke, and they it was gone. The cuffs opened, as if other unseen hands were working them. My body shuddered and then stood, all without my control. It walked over to the ruins of a door, with shards of a mirror. I could see that my face had changed, I looked feminine. My body was that of a woman and I couldn’t control anything.

The face broke into a smile that chilled my heart, gazing into my eyes. “Elizabeth…”

I struggled to regain control of my limbs as my body began to get dressed, first pulling soft, silky panties up my legs. Then the arms got a lacy bra on me, bending to shift the breasts into proper place. Next was the dress which slithered over my skin, to hang perfectly on my stolen body. Shoes followed; a pair of flats that fit my feet perfectly.

There was nothing that I could do to regain control of my body. I was trapped and alone. This new me, this woman, this Elizabeth walked outside where a few of the bars patrons stood, grinning at me with faces that seemed to flicker slightly, shifting from living to dead.

I screamed out my eyes but nobody could hear me.

up
92 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

scary!

Oh my Heather this was a frightening one! Drunken bets, and evil spirits doesn't go together at all. I got twilight zone jitters from this. One of the more horror like stories of the contest.

hugs!

grover

Brrr!

Changed physically by unknown means, then possessed by an obviously dead thing/spirit/whatever.

Why? I suppose that's left to our (the readers) imaginations to fill in as we choose.

This one was weird, dark, frightening, and more than a little compelling even short as it is. Or maybe the short length helped make it that much more compelling and scary.

Good story.

Thanks Maggie. I think part

Thanks Maggie.

I think part of the power of the piece is that it is short. Just enough to drag you in and leave you questioning.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Very Good!

KristineRead's picture

This is very scary!! Well written as well.

Thanks!

Hugs,

Kristy

Edgar Allen Poe-ette Heather

Very spooky, ethereal piece here.

I agree with Maggie, this is clearly case of less is more. The very shortness and sparse details make one's imagination run riot making this all the more macabre.

John in Wauwatosa listing to the tintanablualtion of the bells bells bells

John in Wauwatosa

Scary Late Night Reading

terrynaut's picture

Yikes! I picked the wrong time to read your story. It's dark and cold outside! Brrrrrr!!

I'm not sure what happened at the very end. Is the guy still in the land of the living? What's with the bar patrons? *shiver*

My imagination is too active and vivid. I hoped you'd describe more of what happened but now I'm at the mercy of my imagination. Halp!!

Thanks ... I think. ;)

- Terry

ps Just in case you can't tell ... I like it! :)

Bound Sounds Like The Nightmare Of

Richard/Caitlin from Heather's Sorority Boy series where Richard is scared that Caitlin is taking over.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Not quite. There are a

Not quite. There are a number of differences in the events. Just playing with a similar fear.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.