Family Tragedies & Secrets Pt 18

Printer-friendly version

Whee! What a fun weekend I had! La la la la la la la! I hope everyone out there had a weekend even half as awesome as mine, and then we may have a whole overabundance of feel-good out there! Here's part 18 of FTS, hot outta the keyboard, enjoy!!!

Family Tragedies and Secrets
Part 18
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney

 

Matt scratched his head.
“So... you're telling me that Jeff is transsexual?” he asked, confused.
“No,” replied an exasperated Emily, “well... maybe? Look, Jeff doesn't have boyparts down below.”
“Oh, is that all?” asked Matt.
Neither of the kids knew how to respond to that in any way.
* * * * * * *
Lee Ugg didn't know what to say. The lawyer he'd hired locally to help him with this entire ass-pile of occurrences assured him that the DNA test was showing that he couldn't be that boy's father, which didn't come to any surprise. But then, they kept insisting this Jeff kid was his daughter Jessica, and that he wasn't really the father. So, he thought, stewing things over, if everything they say is true, then Marlene really was cheating on me. I really did have the right to take the girl... or boy... according to the prenuptial. Hell, I only wanted the girl to hurt Marlene. Woman aughtn't try to stand up to a man that way. It ain't proper. Dammit. I knew I shoulda had that new-fangled DMV test instead of the other one. But my lawyer assured me it would prove things. Well. Now that I signed that paper this lawyer said was a good idea, I don't have to worry about no kid no more. But who could be that kid's daddy? Harry was too old, Mark couldn't get it up for a woman if his life depended on it — damn fairy — and Robin... wait.
“That filthy sum'bitch!” Ugg suddenly shouted, leaping to his feet.
Kerry pushed back and motioned to the two uniforms to restrain the man.
“AlrightalrightalrightalrightALRIGHT already! Lemme go, I'll calm the fuck down,” he swore as he jerked his arms out of their hands and plopped down in the chair again.
“Okay, Mister Dee-tective, I think I know who it may be,” Ugg said, scowling after he calmed down, “Clever little assface, too. Look, Marlene's family ain't whatcha call, 'classy' like mine was. So I sneaked around the city and found me an expert in that there whosismagadger... deportment. And hired her. At least, I thought it was a her. Turned out she was one of them transpesticide guys. I mean, I may not have finished high school — what with my family's money, I didn't need to — but I should be able to tell a man from a woman. Little fucker sneaked in and got a piece of my pretty new wife that I wouldn't let any man near. Right under my nose. Bitch is lucky she's dead, now.”
“Mister Ugg,” sighed Sheila, taking notes, “the name of the potential father?”
He scowled again, “I dunno if it was his real name, but I guess it's one of them gussied up ones that go both ways.”
“And, sir, what was it?” asked Kerry.
“Robin Masters.”

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm now this is interesting

Breanna Ramsey's picture

The reference to a prenuptial especially. Such an agreement between husband and wife would have absolutely no legal binding on the actual biological 'father' of Jeff. In other words, whatever Ugg and Marlene/Janette agreed to regarding the custody of an illegitimate child has no legal bearing on the rights of the actual biological father if he didn't agree to it. Ugg's belief that he really had the right to custody is sadly mistaken - Marlene couldn't legally surrender the rights of Jeff's biological father.

Oh and Robin Masters? Do I detect a Magnum P.I. fan here? :)

Scott
Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of--but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.
Lazarus Long - Robert A. Heinlein's 'Time Enough for Love'

Bree

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
-- Tom Clancy

http://genomorph.tglibrary.com/ (Currently broken)
http://bree-ramsey314.livejournal.com/
Twitter: @genomorph

Heard the theme song

In the background when I got to that point in the story -- my landlady happened to be watching it come on late-night TV in her bedroom

And may I commend you on getting a reference that I thought was a private giggle? I'd love to play Trivial Pursuit with you someday :)

Oh, and I know that he really had no right to Jeff, but does he strike you as intelligent enough to grasp that?

Edeyn

Shared giggle

Breanna Ramsey's picture

Magnum P.I. is one of my all time favorites. If someone were to approach me with a blue pill and a red pill ala 'The Matrix' - one which would make me female and the other make me a male like Magnum, I would have an extremely difficult time choosing cause Magnum was just too cool! My personal favorite of the series was the two-part 'Ivan' episode, because it showed that even though Magnum was a 'nice guy' even he could be pushed too far. I think the end of that episode was one of the great shock moments in television history.

And no, Lee Ugg doesn't impress me as having a single, solitary clue. I do think it would be neat if 'Robin Masters' turned out to be even more wealthy than Ugg. Based on the very limited info we have he/she could be exactly the person to allow Jeff to truly find his/her own path.

Scott
Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of--but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.
Lazarus Long - Robert A. Heinlein's 'Time Enough for Love'

Bree

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
-- Tom Clancy

http://genomorph.tglibrary.com/ (Currently broken)
http://bree-ramsey314.livejournal.com/
Twitter: @genomorph

FTS

Edeyn,
Actually Mr. Ugg doesn't sound intelligent enough to be able to grasp his wang with both hands. Love the story so far it's a little confusing but that never stopped one from being great in the long run before. Keep up the good work.

Nothing in Life is Free, if the cost is not monitary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne

Nothing in Life is Free; if the cost is not monetary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne

Robin!

So this what the mysterious Robin Masters does when not writing! It's nice to see other fans of old TV programs. Magnum PI was a terrific show. No wonder we never spotted him, err her! Some of this starts to become clear. Marlene was just a trophy wife Lee Ugg thought he could mold into whatever he want if it threw enough money at the project.
hugs!
grover

Robin = Matt

NoraAdrienne's picture

Ok, my nose is telling me that Matt/Auntie Beverly is actually Jeff's bio dad/aunt/mom

Nora