mom

Printer-friendly version

copy right 2012 are in order post on any free site if you want just give me credit for writing it .
rues

Mom you gave me the gift of life for that I am so grateful.
Love to you was unconditional even if you were tired .

It seems I took you for granted all this time having you try to calm my fears .
You would fix ripped clothes and bathe and clean cuts ,
worry as I was out for the night and held my hand when I was down
You would wipe my runny nose and read to me at night ,
I loved the warm soft beat of your heart as you held me .
I remember the time you and dad brought my bed down stairs,
because I had the mumps like no other kid .
The bouts of Chicken Pox and Measles and other childhood bumps were smoothed over .
Needle point and knitting you taught me , you got me hooked on reading,
cooking and doing the laundry , kind of strange but you smiled and did it anyway . still I learned a lot from you .
I learned to love with no hate , not to judge as I was being judged .
never to strike back no mater what the cost . to forgive if I could and not to worry if I cant
To help when I could , to always be on time and to apologize if not .
Your journey through life made you strong when I was young ,
I see you now as you are,a bit frail yet unbending as always .
your eyes show no fear as you slip this world .
I hate whats happening to you as your life is now day to day .You may be with us for a lot more years ,
still your leaving . So I will sit and visit every time I can .Read to you if you want.
Call on the phone to see how your doing just to hear that voice I heard so long ago for the first time
"Hello you nice to meet you welcome to life. I am your mom ."

up
74 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This hit home so close, I would hate to live on the difference.

Except for these two lines:

Needle point and knitting you taught me , you got me hooked on reading,
cooking and doing the laundry , kind of strange but you smiled and did it anyway . still I learned a lot from you .

I learned a lot from my mother just by watching, and she never knew she was teaching me. This story could be about me and my mom, as I sat at her bedside day after day, and when she finally went to that home in the sky, I kissed her forehead and said "goodbye mom". Thank you for sharing this wonderful tribute to your mom.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

mom

:)

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

a beautiful piece

really heartfelt. Thanks for sharing.

DogSig.png