Life is

Printer-friendly version

copy rights are in order 2012 post on any free story site as long as this all says in tact . rues

Life is

life is finding yourself no mater what .
life is making decisions based on no information , and screwing up most of the time.
life is helping those who cant help them selves , making sure we all get a fair shot .
life is being non judgmental and giving your shoulder for some one to cry on .
life is listening to the thoughts of others enjoying their company even at 300 in the morning .
life is choices made in good faith .
life is and cant be summed up in a few words written down in hope that some one will read them .
life is chaotic randomness a mess so messy we cant see the whole pile
life is trying to clean the best way we know how.
life is going for walks on a warm spring days , walking your dog when she whines to get out .
life is trying to figure out how all of this works ,why we are here .
life is hoping you get it right and not complain if you don't .
life is being happy with what you have .
life is family and making sure you stay in touch no mater the pain involved .
life is moving on when you have no choice .
life is friends who love you for you .
life is loving back more than they give .
life is joy and sorrow of loss and restoring
life is giving at church when you cant afford to
life is having a ball on your birthday not caring if you gain weight from the cake .
life is finding your soul mate and hanging on for dear life.
life is giving your kids what they need not what they want .
life is loving your kids till it hurts then loving them more
life is seeing them stumble and fall then watch them get back up and try again
life is seeing you as good parent .
life is visiting your parents if possible remembering them if not .
life is being happy you don't know everything .
life is fitting in your own skin and correcting it the best you can .
life is wearing what you want when you want .
life is putting one foot in front of the other slowly especially in high heels .
life is having bad hair days and less then perfect make up .
life is runs in pantyhose and nicked legs after shaving .
life is bubble baths and treating your self .
life is making the best you there will ever be .
life is ...a journey make it a good one and finally ....
life just is .

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Life...

Andrea Lena's picture

...so much to identify with here... some nice and some nice and painful and some very very much the way things are for me. Thank you for helping me remember how good things are even when they don't seem to be.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Life is

What it is

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Life is a Quaker cereal

laika's picture

AN OLDIE BUT A GOODIE:

A man was searching for the meaning of life. He traveled all over the world, spending time with various spiritual masters of different religions. All of them had partial answers, but none of them was completely satisfying.

But the more of these masters he spoke to, the more he kept hearing about one guru, on a mountain-top in the Himalayas, who really knew. But no one was exactly sure which mountain-top. So the man traveled on, gathering information, tracing leads, making maps, until he had it narrowed down. It took ten years.

He hired a guide, and searched the seven most likely mountains. There were terrible hardships and the guide died on the way. Finally, oxygen-deprived, starving and half frozen, he made it to the mountain-top and found the guru in a little cabin, sitting in front of his fire.

He said, “Oh master, I have dedicated my life to finding you! I have searched for you for years, and I have finally found you. Tell me: What is life?”

The guru slowly turned towards him and raised one finger. “Life is a fountain.”

“What?!" exploded the truth seeker. "I bled and I struggled, climbing mountains and crossing dangerous rivers full of rabid alligators! I was robbed by bloodthirsty bandits, faced death more times than I can count and my sherpa DID die ....... and all you can offer me is a bogus pseudo-profound fortune cookie slogan like: 'Life is a fountain?'? THAT'S your idea of wisdom?! What kind of a phony baloney shyster guru are you anyway?!!"

The guru was stunned, “You mean ....... life isn't a fountain?”