Catwalk Confidence - Part 32.1

Printer-friendly version
Catwalk Confidence
by Connie Alexander


Copyright  © 2010 Connie Alexander

You spend your entire life thinking you’re just like any other boy, when you suddenly find out you aren’t, trying to adjust can be difficult.

 


 

Interlude Part 32.1

“It’s Wednesday at 4:30 and the weather is beautiful here in the Bay area. Welcome back to K-Teen, KTEN, 100.5–the best of the Bay’s Top 40 and that was Just A Beaver, singing Oh baby baby, oh baby, oh baby mine. Not much in the lyrics department but the beat is something you sure can dance to.

“Now in our next non-stop hour we’ll hear from that fab new star, Sarah Carerra, also Josh Holliday singing his latest hit, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and much, much more.

“But first from the station that just keeps on giving, it’s time for a little update on our Name the Superhero contest. The winner of this contest will receive two full passes to Comic Con to be held in San Diego later this summer.

“As you may remember, early this month, young Alex Conners rescued the granddaughter of media mogul John Dempsey in a most spectacular fashion. The video of that rescue and the subsequent film of this remarkable young lady performing Parkour, that crazy running across rooftops sport, led a lot of people to compare her to some kind of a superhero. In that Parkour film she really does look like a young Wonder Woman. If you haven’t seen it yet, check it out on YouTube.

“The drawing will be held this Friday, so if you haven’t submitted your entry yet, do so soon. We will draw the winning name from the list of names that had the most votes. So again, vote early and vote often.

“Now, a word from our sponsors.”

XXX

Now don't forget to send me your suggestions. I've got some really good ones so far.

Luv, hugs and all that jazz,

Connie

up
257 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Catwalk Confidence - Part 32.1

Bet that she is blushing BIG TIME, hearing that.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Alex probably just wants to

Alex probably just wants to hide under her covers and never get up after hearing all this on the radio. :) Jan

Name that Superhero

Renee_Heart2's picture

I'm shure Alix is a bit falttered and embarses I bet she never Immagned her lofe turining out to be so complicated any more than it already is. I look foward to reading the name that was chosen.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

What a shame

I'd hoped for more story, :(

And poor Sarah C., having to share air time with Lady Gagme.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

With Connor as her last name, she could be ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

UNTERMINATOR !! or Animator or Reanimator, maybe Animatrix

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

radio contest

How about Miss Marvel. Excellent story, I look for updates every time I turn on.

davey

Wrong Company...

and Miss DC doesn't make much sense. Action Girl might be truer to her origins, although I don't recall Wonder Woman appearing in DC's Action Comics. (Maybe a stray JLA story...)

Anyway, based on the playlist shown here, most of that station's listeners probably only get their knowledge of old comic book heroes from movies, action figures and cartoons...

Eric

batgirl

This is a short story part ..... but what the hey ....( flying girl )is as good as any.....
Exelent story keep up the good work..... Love you xoxoxoxoxoxo Rone Welles