Project Wolf Den Part 5

Printer-friendly version

When Alya, and Clair, arrive back at the ranch house. Clair goes looking for Jasmine. The information she got from the app she used to check the flight plan of the helicopter flying over her property didn’t look right. There was no reason for anyone to fly over the property.

Alya finds Ada in the vast library Clair had. As she entered the library, she was amazed at how many first editions and rare books it held. She noticed that Clair had a nice collection of Native American, African, Egyptian, British, Indianan, Greek, Christian, and various other cultural artifacts.

“Man, Clair should open up a museum with everything she has here.” Alya was looking at an old Native American flute. She recognized the flute as being of the Pueblo I era.

“I know what you mean. She has a unique collection of items from various countries and cultures in here.” Ada wonders if it had any relation or connection to all the items she saw down in the Den.

Ada turns around to look at Alya “So what is the verdict of your car?”

“We tried starting it, but it did not want to start. So, Clair called someone she knew and he took it to his garage to fix it.”

“Did he give you an idea of how long it will take to inform you?” Ada had a mechanic she dealt with back in Alexandria.

“He said he’ll call here when he learns why it's not working.” Alya hopes it's not something too serious.

“Well, if you need a lift home. I can give it to you. Where do you live?”

“Alexandria. I take the subway to work and use my car only when I need to.” Alya loved the subway.

“No kidding. I live in Alexandria as well. Where exactly do you live?” Ada was surprised Alya lived in the same city she did.

“Over on E. Walnut Street. Where do you live?” Alya observes Ada.

“Over on E. Spring Drive, I rent an apartment right over Snooki’s Grocery store.” Ada liked she didn’t have far to go to do her grocery shopping.

“That’s right across from The Drunken Monkey Thai restaurant.” Alya was surprised that Ada lived across from her favorite Thai restaurant.

“Yep, I have dinner over there at least twice a week.” Ada loved that place.

“Do you mind me catching a ride with you?” Alya knew Ada was close to her.

“Not at all. If you can’t find anyone to bring you back here to retrieve your car. I don’t mind helping you out.” Ada knew what it was like to depend only on yourself.

“Thanks. If you don’t mind, I would like to hang around for a little while, until I hear back from the mechanic.” Alya was getting an itchy feeling that something bad was going to happen.

She didn’t know when it would happen, but the feeling was getting stronger by the minute.

“That’s fine, there are still a few things I would like to talk to Clair about.” Ada had a few things she needed to ask Clair about.

“If you don’t mind me asking, Ada. Why are you so interested in Clair?” Alya was curious.

Ada had to think about that question before answering. She wonders how much she could trust Alya. She knew she couldn’t say everything she knew about Clair and her team.

Ada looks at Alya “How much do you know about this area?”

“Not much. I know not far from here was used by the Continental Army. Why do you ask?” Alya was curious.

“Well, this land Clair’s house sits on was once a skirmish site between a small independent unit and the British forces. It was used again by a
secret government task force back in the late 70’s and 80’s. I came across an old map and wanted to see if it was true.”

“Was it?” Alya could tell Ada was hiding something.

“Yes, but I couldn’t get access to it. The security on it was beyond anything I have ever seen.”

“Do you think Clair might know something about it?” Alya had a sneaking suspicion she might.

“I don’t know, but she was nice enough to let me explore.” Ada goes back to exploring Clair’s library.

Back at the Airfield:
Vadim lands his helicopter and makes a few calls. The people who normally dealt with life here or near Washington D.C. This wasn’t the first time he had been hired to eliminate political opponents or people.

Once the calls were placed, Vadim made arrangements to meet up with everyone. He looks over the aerial he took of the farm and the woods near it. He spots several areas where he and the people he hired could use four-wheelers to surprise the occupants inside the house.

The nearest house to the farmhouse was at least a mile or so down from the farmhouse. The property was clear. It looked like it had been cut down in the last few months.

He works out the best way to come to the farmhouse. He figures a night attack would be out of the question because of how dangerous some of the areas could be. An aerial attack and a ground attack would be smart.

Clair was informing Jasmine of a bad feeling she was getting. While she is talking with Jasmine, her cell phone starts ringing. She looks at the caller ID and notices it is Cecil.

She presses accept “Hey Cecil, what can I do for you?”

“Hi, Mrs. Williams. This is Becky. I’m calling to let you know that the car my uncle picked up from you and Mrs. Alya is going to need a new
alternator and a crankshaft position sensor. The sensor I can get locally, but the alternator I have to order and won’t be here until Monday.” Becky since her injuries was restricted to the office.

“What’s the price tag we're looking at?” Clair figures if Cecil has to order the part. It was going to be expensive.

“The cost for the whole job is five hundred dollars. The sensor is only twenty dollars. The alternator is two hundred and that’s the cheapest I can get it for. Not even the junkyard I work at has it. The rest is labor cost.”

“Go ahead and do what you need to do. I’ll cover the cost.”

“Alright. The sensor we can replace today, but we’ll have to wait on the alternator.” Becky knew they had no choice since it was coming from Virginia Beach, Va.

“Alright, I’ll let Alya know.”

Becky ends the phone call with Mrs. Williams and places the order for the part. She was slowly recovering from her injuries. Her uncle gave her a lecture about using the fuel and how she was lucky she was still alive.

Back At Clair’s Farm:
Jasmine looks at her grandmother “That was nice of you.”

“It’s only money and I have a feeling she will be a great asset as well. I want you to get in touch with Charles Morris over at the airport and ask him about a helicopter that flew over the property.” Clair noticed how the helicopter was acting.

“Grandma, helicopters fly over us all the time. Why are you concerned about this one?” Jasmine was curious. She knew her grandmother was very observant and cautious about things.

“Because something about it didn’t seem right.” Clair couldn’t put her finger on it.

“Alright, and if he gives me a hard time?” Jasmine has run up against resistance from several people her grandmother told her to talk to.

“Tell him, the Wolf wants to know.” Clair knew dropping Jack’s nickname opened a lot of doors.

There were too many people from their past that owed them. Especially, Jack and Nick. Some people owed her, but they weren’t in the field she needed right now.

“I’ll do that.” Jasmine knew using Nick’s or Jack’s name opened doors otherwise closed to her.

“I better go and inform Alya about her car.”

up
87 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Wolf wants to know

Samantha Heart's picture

That'll do IT! Those words to ANYONE who knows Jack Bounty will do as asked &/or request. As for Claras feeling she is so right! There is trouble coming no doubt about it.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.