Brian's New Year's Resolution

Printer-friendly version

The following is a short story I wrote at the end of last year. I hummed and hawed on whether I wanted to publish it, since it's so short, and I wasn't sure if I had finished it or should continue with the story. Anyway, please don't be too hard on me. lol

Brian’s New Year’s Resolution

My girlfriend and I were present at a New Year’s Eve party with some of our friends. We had the TV on and were all watching the ball drop, in Times Square.

My Sally kissed me at midnight and whispered, “Brian, Make a New Year’s resolution.”

I thought about it for a couple of seconds and told her I did so.

Sally asked me, “What was it?”

I replied, “You wouldn’t believe me even if I told you.”

She laughed and went to get us refills on the champagne.

I stood there awkwardly and thought, “How am I going to do this? Will Sally still love me?”

Sally returned with the champagne and asked, “Are you still not going to tell me what it is? My resolution is to go to the gym and get back in shape.”

I laughed, and replied, “I don’t know how to tell you, it’s quite personal. Let me sleep on it first.”

She looked disappointed and said, “OK, it’s your call.”

We made our way home after the party and neither of us said much to each other. I was preoccupied with how I would be able to start my resolution and Sally seemed to be in her own world.

We got back to my apartment and Sally stayed overnight with me, and we had a great time with each other before we went to sleep.

The next morning, when we woke up, Sally kissed me on the cheek, and said, “Happy New Year. You slept on it, so are you going to tell me?”

I was a little embarrassed and my cheeks flushed a little. Her eyes widened and she giggled.

“Just what is your resolution? Is it embarrassing?”

“I’m not sure. It might be embarrassing for you.”

“Ok, you have to tell me now.”

I gulped and looked at her, “You might not like it.”

“It can’t be that bad,” she replied.

“I will just come out with it. I want to transition into a woman.”

Her eyes grew as wide as saucers.

“You’re kidding me, right?”

“I’m completely serious about this.”

“I don’t know what to say, Brian. I thought you loved me.”

“I do love you, Sally, but this is something I must do. I have put this off for too many years and to be frank, it’s been killing me to delay doing this.”

“I don’t know what to say, Brian. I’m not a lesbian, I like guys. But it won’t stop me from being your best friend. Are you completely sure you want to do this?”

“Sally, I have never been surer about anything in my life. When I made that resolution last night, it was like a weight fell from my shoulders.”

“Have you thought of a new name?”

“I was thinking about Brie, it was the first name that popped into my head.”

“That’s a nice name, Brie. I am sure you will like it.”

“Well let's get up and have something for breakfast.”

As I started the coffee and got the eggs and bacon out of the fridge, Sally kept thinking of all the changes I would have to make to become a woman.

“Brie, you will have to get a complete makeover, a new wardrobe, a new shoe collection, and everything that comes with being a girl."

“Well, I have been making a few changes of my own. In December, I was able to get a complete laser hair removal on my face and body. I have been letting my hair grow longer since the summer, and while it’s still short for a woman, it’s longer than I have ever worn it.”

“I thought something was going on, but you were never very hairy to begin with. I was thinking you just liked to manscape down there too.”

I served Sally a coffee along with breakfast. We sat together and ate quietly. She went to take a shower while I cleaned up the kitchen. When she came out, she was fully dressed and waved goodbye, telling me she was going shopping and would call me later.

She did call me later and asked if I wanted to go out for dinner. I told her I was tired, and would stay home tonight. She said, ok, I will chat with you tomorrow.

I made myself dinner, and while I was eating, I contemplated my life, and how things got here. I went to bed early, but around 4 am I unexpectedly woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep. I got out of bed, put on my robe, and walked out on my terrace just to get some fresh air.

There was a full moon, and as I looked up in the night sky, I noticed a bright blue star. As I watched it, I noticed it was slowly getting larger. I had never seen anything like this before, and as I stared at it, the star kept getting larger and larger.
Soon it was larger than the moon in the sky and I was so entranced that I was unable to move. Suddenly, I was enveloped in the blue light and I felt weightless. I didn’t understand what was happening and became terrified.

Within my mind, a new voice told me, “Do not be afraid. We are here to help you.”

I lost my fear and then relaxed. I thought, “Why do you want to help me of all people?”

The reply confused me, “We decided to help you since we heard you and we are at hand.”

I was unsure why they wanted to help me nor could I figure out how they were going to help me, and the most obvious question of all, who were they?

They replied, “We have been observing your planet for a long time and we have the technology to understand your needs and desires. You have been very clear about your desires and we decided to help you. Please relax and close your eyes.”

I woke up on the floor of my apartment. The sun was shining in through the windows as I opened my eyes. I wondered if last night was simply a dream and I had imagined it all.

I sat up and my hair fell in front of my eyes. I lifted my hand to push it back and realized how small it was. I looked down and realized that I now had boobs, and I was naked. I just sat there in shock, realizing that I was now a woman. I slowly got up and went into the bathroom to look in the mirror. I was now a very attractive woman. I looked like myself if had I been born a woman. I had wanted to transition but I was already there. How did this happen? What was the blue light last night? I had no answers, just questions. I went back into the living room and picked up my robe off the floor and put it on. It was now so big on me, that I almost tripped over it. I used to be over six feet tall, but now I was at least six inches shorter. I was becoming more apprehensive and poured myself a brandy to calm down.

I didn’t know what to do, so I called up my girlfriend. Sally answered the phone and I said, “Sally, please come over to my apartment as soon as you can.”

There was a pause, and Sally replied, “Who is this? Why do you have my boyfriend’s phone? What is going on?”

I told her, “This is Brian, well I was Brian last night, but things have changed. I need you to come over as soon as possible. And please bring some of your clothes. You will understand when you see me and hopefully, I can explain things.”

There was a pause on the phone. She said, “I don’t know what is going on Brian, but I will do as you say and will see you
in an hour or so.”

I went into the kitchen and made coffee and toast. I just sat there trying to figure out what was going to happen to me now that I was a woman.

How was I going to change my birth certificate and my ID? I looked over and saw my wallet on the edge of the kitchen table and picked it up. I pulled my driver’s license out and was shocked to see that my picture had been updated, my name was now Brie Wilson and my sex was marked as female. How the hell did they do that?

A memory flowed into my head, and all I could think of was an old Arthur C. Clarke quote, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” And this was most certainly magic in my eyes.

Whoever they were, they had given me this gift. I had the rest of my life to figure things out.

up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cheesy?

Soft and delicious anyway (even if I prefer Camembert).

I assume the aliens represented some government so
"We are from the government and we are here to help you"

It appears they took care of paperwork but not friends and more than friends. Interesting times ahead.

Take Us To Your Leader

joannebarbarella's picture

I'm going to have to use some of that advanced technology or a magic wand to be able to include this in my comment consideration.

Are you elastic enough to add 1000 words?

Doubler!

joannebarbarella's picture

Ouch!

I've got boobs!

Dee Sylvan's picture

Not exactly new technology, but I must admit they are magical. Now I take 'the girls' with me wherever I go and they are a delightful pair. Never a complaint, although sometimes they do a get a little 'nippy' to let others know they are there. Lately, they have been longing for warmer weather so they can see the light of day. I have my bras and my cami's to protect them, they touch no-one and no-one touches them (except for a brush or a hug).

Delightful, Julia. Thank you for sharing! :DD TAF

DeeDee