Christmas Concert-P3

Printer-friendly version

Christmas Concert
By Teek
December 2023

kids-group-trans.gif

Part 3

Group Text Message: Marcus, George, Jessica, Holly, Sammie’s Mom

>From: Jessica
>Okay, Marcus will join us, and George’s parents finally agreed. That means the concert is on. Mr. Frances wants us each to email him a list of our 3 favorite Christmas songs by December 1st. He’ll call us on December 4th to arrange rehearsals. I can’t believe we’re going to do this. This is sooooooo cool.

***

>From: George
>Calm down Jessica. That was the easy part. Now we need to get up there and show all those professionals that we belong there. That’s going to be the hard part. The second Sammie walks out there in her cute dress and sticker covered, purple violin they are all going to be certain that we don’t belong there. That means we all need to practice a lot and be perfect out there.

***

>From: Sammie’s Mom
>Should I have Sammie take the stickers off her violin for the performance.

***

>From: Jessica
>NO!!!!

***

>From: George
>NO

***

>From: Marcus
>Definitely NOT. Those stickers are part of the special charm of Sammie.

***

>From: Holly
>Cindy loved those stickers. She was actually envious that there was no real way to put stickers on a flute. Let Sammie have the stickers on her violin.

***

>From: George
>Holly, is Cindy up to this?

***

>From: Holly
>Cindy can block out everything in her life when playing and just melt into the music. I think the concert will be good for her. We haven’t decided when to tell her about this concert though. When the London Christmas Concert fell through because we couldn’t get passports in time, it hit her hard. Until we absolutely know this one is going to happen, we’re not telling her about it. I’ll get the song list from her without her knowing why and send it off to that Mr. Frances guy. We’ve decided not to tell Cindy until he calls us to confirm this is all going to happen.

***

>From: Sammie’s Mom
>Sammie doesn’t know about this either. I’m not sure I’m going to tell her until just before the first rehearsal. Like Cindy, the concert won’t be a problem for Sammie. The challenge will be keeping her calm and focused on things like school up until the concert.

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What about Marcus?

Dee Sylvan's picture

Did I miss something? Poor Cindy, I hope she is able to enjoy playing in the concert. :DD

DeeDee

You're Right

Teek's picture

Okay, you are right. The flow in storyline over Marcus was missing something. I changed that first text in this Part to help resolve that issue.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

Sounds like

A disaster in the making.

Disaster

Teek's picture

Disaster in Cindy's life? My muse would never do something like that to sweet little Cindy. Well, at least without a little more build up. Stay tuned for the next part in about three days.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

Work It Out

joannebarbarella's picture

Teek will work it out and not hurt the kids!