Surprise Offer - Part 7 of 10

Printer-friendly version

Surprise Offer

Lance sees a makeover offer at a costume shop that he couldn't pass up. Unfortunately, he didn't have the money to pay for it, but the store owner was willing to make a deal.

By
Becky Reus
©2023

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Chapter Seven

As if it was waiting for a cue, the doorbell rang out. They were soon joined in the entryway by Sammie’s Mommie, who explained that she had been delayed grocery shopping.

“Lily appeared to have a blast and there were no problems with the other girls,” Aunty Hanna said. She continued with, “If you want to give me your vest I will sew all your badges on to set it up, you too Sammie, I will gladly sew your new badge on it. I can give it to you both when you show up at the Costume Shop tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow!” Sammie exclaimed while Lily just nodded.

Mrs. Kane explained, “Yes, Ms. Gilbert is expecting you again.”

“Can I Mommie?” Sammie asked excitedly while handing over her vest.

Mrs. Berger told her daughter, “We already planned on you going there. You are invited on Friday too, but you have a Dentist appointment.”

“Well I will see you two tomorrow, and you are welcome to come again to Girl Scouts in two weeks, Lily,” Aunty said while the two girls and Mommie walked down the walk.

Back at the Berger abode, Lily turned to walk to her house after hugging her Best Friend. She was a bit shocked by the thought of having a best friend, her brother never had one. She was soon stopped by Mrs. Berger who instructed, “Your parents are not home, they are having a date night. Come on in the house, Lily.” Once in the house, Mrs. Berger continued towards Sammie, “Find some play clothes for you, and your best friend, Samantha.”

Lily thought her arm was going to be pulled out as Sammie basically yanked her up the stairs.

“I was sorting your clothes today Samantha. Clothes Lily can have and can fit are at the foot of the spare room bed,” a disembodied voice came up the stairs.

Sammie basically pushed her towards the spare room before she left and went to her own room. Looking at the bed she found various piles spread around, only the promised ones on the foot of the bed looked like they would fit her. A dress sitting on the pillow looked extremely cute with a capital C but it obviously was many sizes too small for her.

She picked up what appeared to be a jumper with Hello Kitty on its chest from the foot of the bed. Looking some more she found a pink turtle neck nearby. Taking what remained of her uniform off, she pulled the turtleneck over her head, messing up the wig in the process. The jumper was last to go on her before struggling with the buttons at her waist.

Sammie, dressed in jeans and a pink sweatshirt that had Jefferson Red Pandas on the front of it, their elementary school mascot, walked into the room. Seeing Lily she told the new girl, “I always loved that skirtall, you look cute. We just have to repair your hair, best friend.”

The one who obviously wore the pants in the friendship had Lily sit on the desk chair near the bed before walking out of the room. She soon returned with a hairbrush. But before she attacked the messy wig, she got distracted by the pink dress sitting on the pillow.

“Oh, I always loved this dress. I wonder if Mommie still has the pictures when I ‘forcibly’ as she called it, dressed the neighbor boy in it. Really all I did was hold it up to him, and the next thing I knew he was wearing it. I am sure you would love to see the pictures of him in it. I really do have to find the photographic evidence of Lily's beginnings,” she rhetorically thought out loud. She continued, after looking at the tag, “Too bad you don’t fit a size 5T my friend.”

She brushed the blushing girl’s hair back into style before removing the hairband and replacing it with a pink bow barrette. They headed downstairs, where the guest was instructed to do her homework, while the other one was instructed to set the table.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

The two friends walked into the costume shop that was like a madhouse on Thursday after being dropped off. There were customers in each aisle, a line was at the checkout counter, and Granny had a long line at the face paint area. Aunty Hanna and an unknown guy were staffing the checkout counter. Lance could just see that sitting on top of the checkout area was a sign that said “No custom orders will be entertained from the 29th to 31st.”

After finishing up with her current customer, Aunty Hanna spotted the two kids and made her way over to them. "Great, let's get you two changed," she said, taking their backpacks and leading them to the backroom. As they entered, they saw two piles of costumes waiting for them. One pile had a yellow costume that they couldn't identify, while the other had a pink costume. Aunty Hanna sat down on a folding chair instead of her usual desk chair and instructed, "Lily, you have the pile on the right, and Sammie, you obviously have the pile on the left. I'll be staying back here, as you two are going to need some help."

Lance … Lily started to remove her school clothes until she was down to her panties again. They happen to be purple today. Hanna just shook her head at the brave little girl wearing panties to school. Turning to her pile she found a pair of white tights, they weren’t in a package, so Granny must have gotten clothes from her bedroom again. After that was on her, she found an unopened package labeled “Girl’s Camisole - Size 8.” Once one of them was on her, she turned to look at her best friend and saw she was currently dressed similarly.

“Girls, you are going to want to put on your slippers, because once we are done you are not going to be able to see your feet,” Aunty said before coming over to Lily who was closest to her.

Once wearing the provided pink ballet slippers, Aunty dropped a skirt with a bunch of hoops on it over her head, she then pulled and tied a drawstring at her waist. It shocked her how tight Aunty tied it. She then watched her adopted Aunty safety pin to her camisole, maybe out of caution. Another white skirt, which she believed Granny had called a petticoat, was dropped over her head. She was then helped into a pink dress, which was trimmed with darker pink. Looking down she saw she had a gem on her chest. She felt the buttons on the back being done up.

Aunty said, “Ok, Princess Peach let me get Princess Daisy done before we continue with you.”

She then watched Aunty also put a skirt with a bunch of hoops on her friend. Once she was done tying the bow in the back, she watched her also attach it to the camisole. A petticoat was dropped over her friend's head before she was then helped into the yellow costume which was trimmed in orange and had what could only be described as a daisy on her chest. Her buttons were done up before Aunty returned to dealing with Lily.

A blonde wig was bobby-pinned to her head before she felt something being attached to the top of it. Looking at the camera monitor, to use that as a mirror, she discovered that there were now twenty-three cameras. Looking at the correct cameras, she saw she had a crown on her head.

She turned to see her now brown-haired best friend also had a crown on her head. Aunty was in the process of applying makeup to Sammie. Once Sammie was done, Aunty turned to her and applied blush, lipstick, and mascara on the little girl.

“Ok, my two Princesses, this place is packed. I want you two to stay together. If one of you has to go to the bathroom, both of you must go to the back room. Besides, you are probably going to need the other's help to do the deed,” Aunty instructed. She continued, “As usual, if anyone makes either of you uncomfortable, I want to tell Lily’s Grandma, Uncle Eric, or me.”

As they walked out of the back room, they were instructed, “Lily, how would you like to help your Grandma in the face paint area.”

“Sure, what do I do Aunty?”

“We set up another facepaint area, pick client requests that you think you can do, and do them. Make sure they don’t mind you doing it,” Auntie instructed.

The two girls walked to the front and found the promised area, there was a table with facepaints, and Aunty’s desk chair sitting there. Also nearby was a stool, she assumed for Sammie. Turning to the first person in line, a guy, she asked what he was requesting, she gruffly got back a zombie, she then shook her head and told him he would have to keep waiting.

Next in line was a girl about four and her mother, again Lily asked, “What would you two like, Ma’am?”

The lady replied, “Angela here would like a clown face.”

“Do you mind a ten-year-old doing it on her?”

The lady wordlessly shrugged.

“If you would head to this chair I will be right back,” she directed before grabbing a binder labeled “Clown Faces” behind her Granny.

Opening the binder on Angela’s lap she asked the little girl, “Which one do you want, or do you want me to come up with my own for you?”

The girl excitedly pointed to one, which Lily wasted no time putting on the young girl. Once she was done, after putting the binder away, she returned to the line. She skipped the guy who wanted a skull face and the girl who wanted a cursed doll. She probably could have done them with images but she didn’t want to. As far as she knew, she wasn’t getting paid for this, so she was only doing the ones she found fun.

The next customer was a young boy who wanted a puppy face, which she wasted no time putting on the boy. Again she returned to the line, her next target was a college-age boy.

“What face paint design would you like, Sir?”

The boy shuddered before answering very softly, almost too soft for Lily to hear, “I would like a butterfly on my face.”

“Do you mind if I do it?”

The boy answered softly while looking at the door as if he was expecting someone, “No!”

“What colors, S..?” Lily asked, stopping short with the sir, she decided this person might just be like her.

Again softly after looking at the color choices, “Pink and purple.”

After that design was done, she was heading back to the line, before she was interrupted by Aunty, “Peach, you are done working for today. Please clean up your area, and both of you can do your homework. You can do it either in the measuring area where we set up a table or in the back room.”

Daisy whispered to the other Princess after she had put away her facepaint, “I have to visit the bathroom.”

Heading to the backroom, she noticed the butterfly ?boy? ?girl? paying for ?his? ?her? face paint before basically running out of the store like it was on fire. Shrugging, she followed her friend to the back room. As promised earlier, she had to help Sammie with the bathroom visit. Once Daisy was redressed, Peach was told to go to the bathroom herself. Claiming she didn’t have to go fell on deaf ears. Peach really did have to go, but because she had to help her best friend redress, she knew what Sammie would have to do to her.

“You know what you would have to do to me, right?” the pink princess asked.

The yellow princess answered, “Yes, and I don’t mind. Now go!”

Shrugging and switching positions because she knew she wasn’t going to win this one, she did the deed. But her face was bright red as Sammie pulled her panties up. She asked for a few minutes to compose herself before they left the back room. While taking the breather she looked at the new cameras that had appeared overnight. Two of them were aimed at the chair she had been face painting from the ceiling. The last one was also aimed there, but it appeared it was sitting on the actual face paint area.

Shrugging, the two girls left the back room and headed to the counter to get their backpacks. Turning to the guy she assumed to be her Uncle Eric, she asked, “I noticed the new cameras, do you not trust me?”

“No, Peach we trust you, it is the customers we don’t trust. We are giving them lots of access to you, and we want to keep you safe. They are only temporary, we will take them down after tomorrow.”

She nodded and went to grab her backpack before stopping as Anna from school and Girl Scouts walked up to them.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Author's Notes:Comments and questions are always welcomed.

This story is fully written and will try to post new chapters on Tuesday and Saturday. -- Thanks Becky

up
95 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Soooooo………… they are worried about Lily’s safety…..

D. Eden's picture

Which is a good thing - but a terrible sign of the world we live in.

I can’t help but wonder whether Anna has figured out who Lily is, and just what it will mean if she does?

Lily seems to be finding a whole new family - much better than Lance, lol.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Safety

Gilbert’s would have to answer to mom and dad if Lily got hurt. She is only ten and face-painting customers. People that Gilbert’s don't know.

Really Ms Gilbert could handle the line. This was just a way to allow Lily to exercise her interest in facepaint. Which is one of the reasons she was only allowed to do three.