The Return of Lilith Chapter 20

Printer-friendly version

The next few days, the media was filled with news about me and my request to see those in charge of this country. President Frump was among those that made a public statement on the subject. His statement said that he refused to meet with me and that I was still considered a terrorist. What an idiot. The media was still all over the place on what I was and what it meant for the future of the country.

I am not sure what the president is trying to accomplish by labeling me a terrorist, it's not like I am out attacking people or places. Sure, I tease and taunt the law enforcement personnel but that is not the same as attacking them. None of them have ever been hurt by my actions.

Maybe it's time for me to take another trip to be out in public again. I can live-stream my actions while I am out there. That would make an impression on the public. I need to go somewhere famous to the whole world. I want people all over to see what I am doing. I will ask Sara where she thinks would be a good place to go.

That evening when Sara got home, she and I were discussing my plan. "What is a famous place that everyone in the world knows that would be a good place for us to take a trip to?" I asked Sara.

"The places that most people know are New York City, Washington DC, or Los Angeles. Washington DC would not be a good place to go right now I think because they may consider your being there as a plan to attack or try to take over the government. New York City is nice, it has museums, shopping, and lots of sights to see. Los Angeles is famous because of Hollywood and the movie industry," she replied.

"Let's go to New York City," I told Sara and Charlene. We can act like the tourists we are because I know nothing of the city. Sara, your help will be much appreciated, otherwise we might find ourselves in trouble," I remarked. "Charlene, do you think it would be a good idea to use your glamour while we are there?" I asked Charlene.

Charlene shakes her head in response, "Glamour is for hunting, we are not going hunting."

"There will be enough trouble just by you being there, you know that right? Having Charlene looking like herself won't add more trouble," Sara reminded me. I stuck my tongue out at her. She did it right back at me.

Sara has changed a lot since she first came to me after I disbanded the council. She was so scared and timid when she came to me, but now she is more open and has regained a lot of her self-confidence. She has also become friendlier to people and a whole lot more mature. I knew I would like her that first time we met and she told me her name. She has taken it upon herself to teach Charlene English, while I try to sort things out with our place in the world.

Charlene is doing great in adjusting to life now. I am trying to be like Charlene and just be myself but it's been difficult with all this attention I have been getting. Charlene is so confident that she goes out as herself. I can blend in without magic, but she will always stand out unless she uses her glamour. This example has made Elizabeth more open about herself and using her glamour less. I hope that a time will come when they both can go out as themselves with no problems.

I am trying to adjust myself. It was easier to understand modern society due to Kyle's memories but it's difficult to adjust to all the hate I am seeing from the people to each other. They also show a whole lot of hate towards me. How am I going to win them over when half of the people will not listen to anything that I say? How are they going to accept wizards when they can't even accept me? I have been trying to give people time to adjust to that magic exists but they are just so stubborn. The extremist media on both sides has weaponized me against the other side.

The divide between people just seems to grow every day. I have a feeling that one day there will be a match that will ignite a war throughout the world between the two extremes. I know that this will affect the wizards as well, not just because they live in these areas, but because they will join a side. The media puts fuel on the fires of hate and the extremists feed off of. The extremists have even infiltrated the leaders of the land on both sides.

It is depressing to think of how much hate and anger people have toward each other. It makes me think that I should just go back to hiding and let people kill each other off. I know that I have a similar problem with hate when it comes to men. I have been trying to get over it and I think I am making some progress, then some man will say something stupid that causes my anger to grow. Who can save the people of this world? I am starting to question if I can be of any help at all.

The male leaders of the world are fighting hard to suppress women, just as they always have. If they can't even accept a female leader, how will they ever accept me? It's the same attitude that Adam had towards women, and that is what got us all into this mess in the first place. I wonder what would happen if I decided to use my power to take over the world. Would I be any better than them, or would I be corrupted as much as they have been? Also, I have no desire to rule the world. The most important thing for me is to be happy with my family.

Yes, I need to be happy with my family, so that means I need to find the rest of my family and get us back together.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't even hear what Sara was saying to me. I was lost to the world as I drifted through the sea of my thoughts. I blink a few times as Sara yells my name a couple of times, bringing me out of my head. "Have you heard anything I have said to you?" she asked.

"Sorry Sara, I was lost in thought and completely zoned out. What was it that you were saying to me?" I asked her.

"Lilith, are you ok, I've never seen you this distracted before?" she asked me with concern on her face. This caused Charlene to come over to try to comfort me.

"You know, I have never been much of a social person. Even in Eden, I didn't spend time with Adam and Eve. Then it was only Michael and Lucifer. I was alone after that till I met Charlene. I loved spending time with her, but mostly we were alone together. We didn't socialize with anyone else, I only talked to people when I needed to find a fair maiden to join us in bed. They never stuck around after that. When we had kids, it was just all of us together and that was it. I admit I was happy with that. I loved that I had my family and it was just us. I was finally happy in life, but then that was taken away from me." I explain to them as I take a breath and let out a sigh.

"Now I have you, Charlene, and Elizabeth and that makes me very happy. now, though, I have to be someone I have never been before. I don't know how to socialize. I don't know how to build relationships with other people. How am I supposed to help people when there is a vast portion of society that I don't want to save? The ugliness of this world is something that I have never really dealt with. How can people be happy with all this hate and violence that fills societies?"

"I don't know what to do that will help people change, you changed so much from the first time I met you. What helped you change?" I finally asked Sara.

"You did, Lilith. You made me see just how bad I was treating others that first time we met, and you stripped me naked and covered me in goo. I had to look at myself in the mirror and try to reason why it was ok for me to do that to others, but a major crime to have it done to me. Then you took me in after you broke up the power of the council. You didn't have to, and I was so scared to ask to join you. I was so scared that I would have all my sins fall upon me if I was alone. You gave me a chance when you had no obligation to do so. I changed because you gave me a reason to change. You made me want to be a better person so that I would be worthy of your affection. If you weren't there for me, I don't know if I would have had the strength to carry on," she said as she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me.

"You just need to be you and live a good life, be happy, and don't let anyone else tell you who to be. Charlene and I are here to help you when you have doubts or when you need help. You and Charlene make me feel like I am the most special woman in the world. Let me do the same for you." She finished by giving me a sweet kiss on the lips.

I realized I needed to cherish these moments with her because I knew she wouldn't be with us forever. I look over at Charlene, "I wish we could make her immortal like us. I don't want to lose her."

Charlene and Sara were able to lift my spirits so I could function and wasn't trapped in a downward spiral. That is the thing about despair, it feeds on itself and grows until it consumes you. We all need someone to help bring us back from the edge. I am so grateful to have such wonderful women in my life to help keep me sane.

Tonight, Sara and Charlene gave me the extra attention and love that I needed to feel like myself again. Their support and love have given me the strength to carry on and open myself up to the world.

The rest of the week we did our normal routine of school, where Charlene and I taught our students how to push the limits of their power. Charlene was picking up quite a bit of English being around everyone so much. She was so proud of herself for the progress she made. She had a little trouble with slang and understanding jokes, but that is to be expected when she hasn't had a whole lot of exposure to American culture. All my friends spent time helping her with her English.

We get ready to head to New York City, getting warm clothes since winter has the city held tight in its grasp. I teleport us to the teleport station in Raleigh because I have not yet visited the city. We got sent to a station right outside of Times Square, which was so different than anything that I have ever seen. The large screens displayed advertisements for the different stores and businesses. It was also very crowded. I don't think I have ever seen so many people in one place like this.

The street is filled with cars and buses. The sidewalk was just as crowded as the street, we could hardly walk without being bumped by someone. The good thing was that we were not recognized by any of the people out on the streets. I think it was because they were all lost in their world that they just ignored us. After taking some pictures of us we hailed a cab to take us to the Empire State Building.

Unfortunately, this is when the trouble started. People started to notice us. There were quite a few people there that were just taking pictures and videos of us as we waited in line. We kept calm as we were not trying to start any trouble. That lasted till we got up to the ticket counter, and the cashier was struck dumb by us. She couldn't even process that we were asking for tickets. We were finally able to get our tickets but then we had trouble when we were waiting for our turn to go up the elevator.

Someone had called the police on us. We were quickly surrounded by police with their guns drawn. I just wanted to do something fun with the woman I love. They couldn't even let us do that. The police quickly ordered us to get our hands up and to get down on the ground. This of course made everyone's phones point toward us in hopes that they could catch something interesting.

"Officer, do you think that we would give ourselves up, here to you? We have been holding off the FBI for quite a while now. If you continue in trying to apprehend us, someone is going to get hurt," Sara was the first to talk to the police. This is so different from the girl that hid behind me when we talked to the FBI. As we are talking the police have cleared the people of the area.

"Come on guys, we are just here to enjoy some sites. We don't want to start an incident. How about we compromise, you bring us your police chief to talk to us, and we with a stay right here and not start any trouble." I spoke. I don't know how these people can be so dense as to think that they could do anything to us. On my left, Charlene decided she was hot standing here with our coats on and took them off. She had a naughty secretary outfit on and was as always sexy as hell. Of course, the police got all crazy because she moved. Sara and I both took our coats off because we knew this would be a long day for us here.

I guess that they are trying to evacuate the building to get people out of the way. We had time before anyone important decided to show up. I look around at the officers and see a cute, petite officer with black hair. I point towards her, "You there, officer, where is the best food in all of New York?"

She of course said nothing. I guess they were not going to start up a conversation. "Oh, come on officers, we are just trying to make this as painless as possible. There is nothing wrong with a little chat while we wait to get this all sorted out." We get nothing in response.

We wait about fifteen minutes before a new person comes into the area. We see a tall woman in a very nicely tailored blue suit. Here auburn hair was pulled back tight into a bun. She has minimal makeup on, and a badge hanging on a chain around her neck.

She walks closer to us and holds out her hand, "Hello, Lilith, Charlene, and Sara. I am Special Agent in Charge Alice Bates. You wanted to chat so let's talk. You have caused quite a stir around the globe with your activities. So, tell me, what brought you here to NYC?"

I returned her handshake as did Charlene and Sara. I looked at her over trying to judge just what type of person she was, but she maintained a calm demeanor. "You are well informed. Alice, can I call you Alice? We are just here in the city to see the sites. Charlene and I have very little knowledge of this country, so Sara here is being our guide on the best sites to see here in the United States." I reply.

"Well, that is very nice, there is much to see here in New York. There is only one problem that we are having here. You see, the incident at the Vatican has upset a lot of people. The Vatican has stated that they are quite unhappy with you as is the Italian government. They want us to extradite you to Italy so you can face charges there. This is something we just can't ignore. You are also looking at quite a few resisting arrest charges here in the States as well as possible kidnapping charges. Also, you are considered to be an illegal immigrant." She said to me in her calm but authoritative voice.

"Kidnapping? I didn't kidnap anyone. So, who did I supposedly kidnap?" I asked more perturbed about that than the rest of the charges she had listed. "Do you think I can file kidnapping charges against the Vatican since they were holding my wife against her will?" I asked, losing my cool a little more.

"I have no idea if you can file charges against the Vatican, that's for the Vatican to decide. As for who you kidnapped, she is standing right next to you." She pointed to Sara who looked just as shocked as I did.

"I haven't been kidnapped. I am here with Lilith of my own free will." Sara responds.

"That's not what your parents say, Sara," Alice said to her.

"My parents? Do you mean the people who kicked me out of their house because I am a lesbian? Those people?" Sara yells, getting upset.

"Sara that is not for me to decide, that is up to the DA to determine the validity of the charges." She said to Sara, still showing no emotion. Is this woman a robot or something?

I put my hand on Sara's shoulder trying to calm her down. I know this is going to get very messy.

"You said we were illegal immigrants, but what country do you think we are citizens of? Where would you try to deport us too? How do you think you can impose your citizenship standards on people who are older than any country in the world? Remember I am the first human, you all and your relatives come after me. I'm afraid your authority over me is nonexistent." I said, finally realizing the futility of arguing with Alice.

"I am sorry you feel that way Lilith, but this country has a rule of law and everyone within our borders is subject to our laws. You can run from this; you have proved that there is nothing we can do to stop you. But I must ask that you leave Sara with me so that I can return her to her parents." Alice said calmly to me.

Sara was the first to respond, "Like hell, I will. This is my family." Sara said defiantly, pointing at Charlene and me.

"You heard here, she is not going to go with you, Alice. She chose to stay with Charlene and me, and I will always respect her wishes. I respect you more than the other agents I have contact with. You are very straightforward and honest. Brave too, not many people would have just walked up to us and shaken our hands. While I respect you as a person, you fail to understand. With the power we wield and the fact that we are immortal, do you honestly believe that this or any nation in the world could stop us? There is a reason we have not fought your law enforcement yet, it's not because we can't, it's because that is not our mission. We are here to assist humanity; we can't do that if you are constantly fighting us.

If Michael would have not shown up and picked a fight with me, no damage would have been done at the Vatican, besides the floor where Charlene was buried. You FBI have just done everything you can to come after us. I offered to talk with your leaders but they are not interested. Why should we follow your rules when they refuse to even talk to us? I keep getting contacted by people who have no real authority to do any more than try to arrest me." I said to her.

"Like you said I have no authority to offer you anything other than to talk with the DA," Alice admitted.

"Ok then, here is what I am going to do then. You will call whomever you have to so I can speak to someone in congress, and we will continue on our sightseeing. I'm thinking we should just teleport to the Statue of Liberty. So go ahead Alice, make your phone calls and you'll know where we are at when you can arrange something." I said to her as I grabbed my favorite ladies and teleported us to Liberty Island. We ended up surprising the tourists on the island.

I must admit that I was amazed by the size of the statue. I don't understand its meaning but I do know it is one of the most recognizable symbols of the United States. It's pretty amazing what was able to be accomplished by humans without magic. Charlene looks at me with a smile, "I am going to get a better look from the air." She shrugs her coat off and expands her wings. Her wings flex as she flaps them to gain height and starts to circle the statue.

Tourists were looking and pointing at her as she continued to gain height. I look over at Sara, "would you like to take an aerial view of the statue?" Sara nodded her head yes. I grabbed her waist and brought her closer to me. My magic built up around me as I willed the air to lift us off the ground and into the air. Unfortunately, I don't have the maneuverability of Charlene, but it was still nice to do this with Sara. She got a little scared and wrapped her arms around my neck and held on tight. My arms gripped her tighter so she felt more secure.

Sara looks at me after taking a good look at the statue. "Lilith this is amazing and a little romantic." Her lips close in on mine and we lose ourselves in the moment.

"Lilith, something is coming," Charlene yells at me. I looked up to see several helicopters coming toward us. Sara lays her head on my shoulder and keeps a tight hold on me.

"Let's go to the torch and land just in case," I say to Charlene. We make our way over to the torch and land on the walkway around the torch. The rotor wash from the helicopters forces a great amount of wind and dust around us. The black unmarked helicopters began circling us and the statue. They seemed to be there to keep a watch on what we are doing. "Let's get back to the ground, to get away from this rotor wash," I said to Sara and Charlene. They both give me a nod and we go into the torch to descend.

Charlene climbs down the ladder first, then Sara, and finally me. We wanted to make sure Sara was with us to protect her from harm. It also served to help Sara to not expose herself as a wizard. The stairs that we had to use to get down the body of the statue spiral down the center pillar. We did not run into any trouble getting down to the pedestal museum.

This is when we first encountered the museum staff. They gave us wide-eyed looks as we milled around in the museum. It is interesting to see the history of this statue. I have missed so much of human history that I like to catch glimpses of what I missed. Everyone was keeping a safe distance from us, not that we were doing anything out of the ordinary at this moment. We did enjoy our self-guided tour of the statue. We were sure to take lots of pictures and videos as we made our way through the museum.

Soon we are met by the stylish Alice and several older males that were behind her. They were all dressed in suits and had an air of authority about them. "Hello Alice, so glad you could join us," I said to them. "I do love to see the history of you humans, it's amazing how much the world has changed in three thousand years." I talked to her as if she were a friend of mine.

"I'm sure it is quite a culture shock for you two," Alice said to me coldly. I could already tell I was not going to like where this was going. She was much more civil at our first meeting than she is now.

"So, who are your friends?" I asked, pointing to the two gentlemen that were standing behind her. They had a look of importance about them and the look of a hunter. These were not the type of people that I should take lightly. I expand my senses to see what else I can pick up on around us. I found a barrier made around the museum. It blocks my view from outside the barrier. It's not overly strong but it is an attempt to keep us from leaving.

"Lilith, your reign has come to an end," said one of the males behind her. He had deep eyes that were filled with coldness. His jaw was tight and his lips were pressed into a thin line. He stood very rigidly in his grey suit. His hair cut neatly and short was peppered with grey.

Sara moves slowly so that she is behind me and protected from whatever was to come towards us. She places her hand on my shoulder so that she can stay close to me and be protected.

I give her a reassuring smile over my shoulder to let her know not to worry. "I'm sorry, my reign?" I asked him looking as innocent as I can. Charlene has moved to Sara and wrapped her in her wings to protect her while I move toward the two men.

"You have me at a loss right now. I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't have reign over anyone." I say to them that all three of them have what looks like a focus, in their hands. Now I understand, these are some wizards that are in the government. But who do they represent?

Alice was preparing her magic. I could see the energy flowing through her focus. Interesting, I completely missed any trace of magic on her during the first meeting. "Lilith you should have just given Sara up. You have angered quite a few people by keeping her away from her marital responsibilities." Alice stated in a very cold tone.

"Alice, you should know by now that I don't recognize arranged marriages, especially when it goes against what the woman wants. What else do you all want from me? I can't imagine you thought you could come here with a couple of wizards and threaten me to give up Sara." I asked them all.

"True, Lilith, we do have other concerns. You have disrupted the plans of the council, but we are here to put things back in order as they should be." The second man said. His blonde hair gave him a youthful look. He wore the same grey suit, that fit tight on his muscular body. He was a fighter for sure.

"I see you work for the old council. That's why I wasn't getting any interest in their replacements. I have to go on to say this is a bold move, attacking us in the middle of a national monument. Let me guess, you are going to blame any damage done on me and my wife. Then you are going to try to set up the narrative that I am the terrorist everyone has been saying I am," I said in a condescending tone.

"We don't need to set the narrative that you are the terrorist. It has been well distributed and is commonly accepted. This will just be another nail in your coffin. After this, you will go into that box with the angel lock. That should keep you out of our way. You have no idea what kind of hornet's nest you have stirred up," the blond-haired man said as if I was already beaten. He must have missed the phone that Sara was pointing at them.

"You are so smug like you think you have won. I can easily get past your little barrier and your little group here. That little bit of magic that you pulled into your focus items, is nothing but a drop of the magical power that flows through Charlene and me. You have no idea what I am capable of. I'm sure you think you have this great plan of attack but I have taken precautions myself," I say with a slight chuckle.

"That box will be slag before you I will ever get into it. How is it that you were going to force me into that box?" I asked. Then I felt the shield over us going down. I could feel Charlene's magic in the air where the shield was. I sent out a more magical sense to feel what was on the other side. I was able to detect twenty more wizards outside of the statue. I also noticed that the three inside have not noticed that the shield is down.

I quickly put up a rebound shield, that I used on the priests, around Sara, Charlene, and me. We were not going to do anything to attack these three. We would let them take damage from their magic.

To get them to initiate their attacks, I jump forward. Landing a few feet from Alice. She let loose with her spell. A cone of ice came towards me hitting my shield. From the other side of the spell, I can hear Alice scream out as her spell froze her solid. The shock of what happened to Alice caused the two men to lose their concentration, causing their spells to dissipate and fail. I call over to Sara, "Keep recording, we will need this to prove we are not the ones who attacked or did anything to the Statue of Liberty."

We then run past the two men and make our way to the exit. I know that Charlene is aware of the fact that there are twenty more wizards outside of the statue. The wizards were all dressed as FBI. That was pretty brilliant of them, now it looks like I'm a terrorist running from the FBI. If all you could see was what was coming from the outside. I see plenty of news helicopters flying around. I need to get them to use magic against me so that I can change the narrative.

Instead of using magic, they start shooting at us. They are aware that they are being watched right now. What they don't know is that I already have a video of one of them using magic. The bullets just bounced off of my shield, causing them to ricochet all over the place. We didn't move from where we were standing letting them keep shooting at us.

They finally stop shooting at us, I'm guessing they ran out of bullets. We all kept calm as we stood there facing off with the FBI wizards. Who was going to blink first? I smiled at all of them, "that is some good discipline, I must say. You take me on without the use of your most powerful weapons. I'm a little hurt that you thought this would work. You had to know that your guns wouldn't work on us. I know you had to put on a good show for the cameras. So, the men on to pulling the strings can make me out to be public enemy number one."

The FBI wizards all looked at each other confused about where I was going with this. I smiled at them and went on, "unfortunately for you guys, there was a bit of an oops moment inside the museum. I'm sure Alice wasn't worried that she would be on the security feed. You could all erase it and make something else. She got sloppy and missed how my girlfriend here was recording as she used magic. Also, they blabbed about the council and the fight you all are having with me. It's a little embarrassing, I must say, that all three of them missed that little phone recording everything."

"See now I can send this little video all around to every news station in the world and we can watch the reaction of a world leader as they find out that they are just puppets in the hands of wizards. This will bring on another wave of witch trials for sure, and I can sit back comfortably in my home watching everything burn down around me. Now, I have been nice to you all keeping wizards out of the news, but you had to go and threaten me and my family," I finish with a shake of my head.

"We are done playing with you Lilith, you will fall in line like the rest of the world or we will take you down. We put up signal jammers around the island so we know you are not live streaming. All we have to do is erase what's on that phone and none of what you saw here will make it farther than the tabloids. We will lock you in a box and bury you in a deep dark hole where no one will ever find you," the lead agent replies to me.

"And why would I submit to you?" I asked trying to understand what he has that he thinks he can make me submit.

He waves his hand in the air as a signal, and six agents walk forward with Elizabeth, David, and James shackled and gagged. "With all our dealings with demons, we have learned how to bind them. I don't know if your daughter Elizabeth will be killed by the explosive vests, I have on them or if she will have to live in terror having watched her husband and child blown up. Either way, it works for me since she will not be seeing them again anyway."

Charlene's eyes fill with rage as she tries to find a way that she can break them free. I put my hand on her shoulder and I whispered to her, "Be patient, I will break the cuffs and shield them from the bombs. After I do that, they are yours to do with as you please."

"So, what's going to be Lilith, are you and your wife going to submit, or am I going to have to pull the trigger?" He asked me to toy with the detonator.

I give Sara a quick smile so she knows how to protect herself, and then I turn to face the agent. My magic has been swarming in my belly since I got out here and it is itching to be released. I use my magic on the cuffs feeling the block of demonic magic that is etched into the metal cuffs. Clever, too bad for them, I don't use demonic magic. I quickly break the spell etched onto the cuffs, Elizabeth feels it first and gives me a small nod. I then quickly slip a shield over their bodies next to the skin to keep the bomb from doing them any damage.

With a big grin, I whisper to Charlene, "on my signal." I know she will know when to pounce. "Mr. FBI wizard man, I think you have sorely underestimated us. You went after our family, so in our eyes, your lives are forfeit. I'll tell you what, I'll give you a choice. Disarm the bombs and back away and we will kill you fast or pull the trigger and find out how long Charlene can keep you alive while she removes your skin."

"Guess that is a, no? I did warn you what would happen if you didn't submit," he smiles as he pulls the trigger on the remote. Three small explosions go off simultaneously, causing a huge cloud of smoke and dust to rise around them.

When the dust settled, David, James, and Elizabeth were all unharmed and their cuffs were off. I quickly teleported David and James over to me. They landed next to Sara who stood between them and the other wizards. I nodded to Charlene. Her eyes went red and her black claws extended. She lets out a feral scream as she rushes toward them. This causes the wizards to respond by throwing magic at her. Elizabeth also rushes towards the wizards, quickly ripping them apart. Neither she nor Charlene used any magic to attack. It was all physical attacks.

I saw limbs fly off of wizards that tried to attack Charlene in close quarters, she gutted others in her path. The carnage was enough to turn anyone's stomach. I know this whole thing was captured on the cameras from the helicopters that were circling off in the distance. This definitely would not look good on the news without the video on Sara's phone.

The leader was the only one not touched. I had him held in my magic. I promised him, a long painful death and I am a woman of my word. I brought Alice out next to the other idiot. I tried to see if I could revive her, but it had been too long. She was probably dead at this point but I thawed her out anyway. She lay still on the ground. The other two wizards were nowhere to be found. "Take a good look at the mess you have made. I wasn't going after you but you still had to make a play against my family. I warned everyone to leave my family alone. This is what happens when you don't heed my warnings."

"Now you have exposed wizards to the world and have shown that you have infiltrated government agencies. This is going to cause lots of problems for the wizarding community. I hope you are happy with what you have done." I said as I give him a soft slap on the cheek.

"Kill me or not, it won't matter. We will destroy you one way or another for we are legion," he said in defiance of me. I shook my head at him. Some of the research that Sara and I have been doing online gave me an idea. I created a ball gag and put it in his mouth and strapped it tight around his head.

David walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder, "Excuse me, Lilith. I have something I must say to him." I stepped aside for David and smiled at him. He looks at the wizard with rage in his eyes, "you tried to kill me and my family and you think you are the one who is in the right?" He struck out with a massive gut punch that had him on the ground trying to catch his breath.

I grabbed David in a hug and whispered in his ear, "I am so happy that I was able to save you. I am sorry that you were in that position in the first place. You are family and I will always be here for you. I know we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but you treat Elizabeth well and she loves you very much. I hope that you will consider us your family as well."

He returned the hug and said, "thank you Lilith for saving us. I am happy we are family too." He put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a big smile.

I look over at James and he is just standing there with a look of shock on his face, next to Sara. I walked over to him, "I hope that you never get used to seeing sights like this. This is not what we want to be. I know that you know this but I will always be here to protect you and so will Charlene." I give him a big hug as well.

"Sara, you did a good job today especially catching everything on video. I am glad you thought of that. I want to say thank you for standing between the danger and my family." I grabbed her and gave her a big kiss.

"Your welcome Lilith, but I hope that they are my family as well." She gives me a pleading look.

"Of course, they are, my love, you are my mate as well. So, they are as much your family as they are mine." I walk with her, my arm wrapped around her waist. Charlene was also very proud of Sara for her actions. She comes over to Sara and cups her face with her hands and kisses her deeply.

Elizabeth was standing in front of us with her arm around David. "Thank you, Sara, for helping my family today. It means a lot to me that you put yourself between them and danger," she said looking so proud of Sara. "I'm not going to start calling you mom though," Elizabeth joked.

"Thank you, I am not ready for anything like that," she replied in relief.

"Sara, I can call you grandma around campus if it would make you feel better," James said laughing. Sara's eyes go wide and she has a pleading look on her face.

Charlene steps up to James and swats his butt, "No teasing Sara, I will not allow it." She has a stern look on her face.

James quickly apologizes while rubbing his behind. Everyone else was laughing at the situation.

Elizabeth turns to Charlene and me, "Mother, mum I knew you would protect us in that situation. Mother, I especially want to thank you for letting me go after the men that did this to us. I would have been a little upset if you had teleported me like you did David and James. Just thank you for being there for me and my family." Charlene and I give Elizabeth a tight hug. Oh god, it's been so long since we have had a moment like this where we all hugged each other. I looked over at Charlene with a big smile, but a tear in my eye. We were together and this hug made my heart swell with love.

Sara brought us back to the present by saying, "what are we going to do with this guy? We can't kill him now, not with the cameras on us." Sara brought up a good point if I kill him know it will make me look evil. We are already going to have a problem with the ones that we did kill. With everything that the cameras saw, I can't make the bodies disappear. It looks like we are going to have to talk to the police.

"Sara, do you have a signal on your phone now?" I asked.

"Yes, it looks like the scramblers are disabled," Sara replied.

"Ok, here is what I want you to do. Upload that video to social media and send it to the big news networks. I am going to call the police and tell them to come and investigate the scene. If we are going to get on the good side of the public, we need to make sure that I show that I am willing to comply with law enforcement." I told everyone. I was naive that I could play games with law enforcement and still be able to win over the public.

I don't want to do this but it's difficult to figure out how we can coexist in this world of humans. It's about to get crazier now that wizards have been out to the world. I expect to see some witch hunts shortly. I have been spinning my wheels for a while now. I think it's time to be honest with myself, and realize I can't change how the world feels by myself. I need help, but where is the question? This time I am not going to face danger alone, I will always bring my family. I made that mistake when fighting Michael, but I can't put my family through losing me again.

I take my phone out and dial 911. When they answered, "This is Lilith, I was just attacked by wizards claiming to be FBI agents. I am requesting NYPD to come out to Liberty Island and investigate. My party and I will remain here on the island while you do your investigation. I have a video recording of the whole incident so that police can use it for whatever means they see fit." I hung up the phone before the dispatcher could say anything.

I look at my family, "I am glad that you are all safe and that you are by my side. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you all with me." I said to them as tears started to fall from my eyes.

It was a little later when I got a video chat request from Saul. I accepted the call to see if I was talking to him but he appears to be live on the set. "Hello, Saul, I suppose you are calling me about the incidents here in New York today?" I asked.

Saul: That I am Lilith. I was especially interested in what happened there on Liberty Island. It looked like you were fighting people that used magic like you. We are a bit concerned because you informed us that no one can use magic like you.

Lilith: Saul, you're right. I did say that no one can use magic like me, and what I was saying is true. I did say it to be misleading and protect the wizard community. They were not ready to expose themselves to the world yet, and after reading some world history I can understand their hesitance.

Saul: So how is their magic different from yours? It looked like it was the same.

Lilith: In simple terms, wizards cannot internalize magical energy and are therefore limited in their power and their application of magic. Each wizard has one or two elements that they can easily cast. My magic starts from inside my body and therefore I can cast all elements. I am only limited by my imagination. There is more to it than that, but that is all I am willing to share at this time.

Saul: Now that you have to take care of the attack, what are you still doing on the island? Usually, you leave once you are done.

Lilith: You are right, I usually leave once I complete whatever task that I am doing. Today, though, I have contacted the local authorities to come out and I will submit to whatever questions they have.

Saul: One last question for you Lilith, why the carnage? You have never killed anyone like that before, why now?

Lilith: That is true Saul I have never left a body count like this before. This was different because I had already warned the wizards what would happen if they came after me or my family. That alone was not enough of a reason to kill them all, but they had to push things even further. As the video shows they were trying to lock me in a box separating me from my family, and they also put explosives on my daughter, her husband, and my grandson. It was lucky for us that they didn't realize how different my magic was from what they were used to dealing with, that I was able to protect them when the wizards set off the explosives. And understandably that made my wife and my daughter very upset.

Saul: I think we get the picture, Lilith. I hope we can talk to you again later after you finish dealing with the police.

We said our goodbyes and I hung up my phone. I have a feeling that this will get us an audience with the big guys in government. Not the way I wanted to, but it is what it is. We didn't have to wait long before NYPD and the Coast Guard showed up at the island.

The officers first put all of us into cuffs and escorted us back to the boat. We all fully co-operated with the police and offered no resistance. I had to check my sarcasm at the door because that was my first instinct when dealing with people.

When we got back to the station, we were all put into holding cells, till they could question us further. James and David were called up first, and Sara got up a little later. Charlene, Elizabeth, and I just sat quietly in the cell till we were called up.

***

I was placed in an interrogation room that had a metal table and a few chairs. I was handcuffed to the table which I thought was funny since it would not hinder me at all. They kept me in the room alone for about an hour before three gentlemen came in. Two were dressed like the FBI agents I have seen, while the third was dressed a little more casually. I guess he is NYPD.

Detective Brown: I am Detective Brown, and I am with the NYPD. I am going to be asking you some questions about your involvement with the incidents at the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty. These two are FBI and they will be sitting in on the interview. First, can you state your name for the Record?

Lilith: Lilith Primis

Detective Brown: Can you tell me your date of birth?

Lilith: Nope, the calendar did not exist back when I was created. I'm immortal remember? So, if you're looking for my age, which I hear is not polite to ask a lady, it is roughly ten thousand years old.

Detective Brown: Okay, how about your address?

Lilith: I don't have an address for the home my wife and I created a magically protected pocket of space. The only way to get to it is to be teleported in. Detective Brown looks like he doesn't believe what I am saying and he is getting annoyed.

Detective Brown: What happened at the Empire State Building?

Lilith: That's what I would like to know. My wives and I were doing a little sightseeing here in the city. We decided to go to the Empire State Building to take in the view of the city. We paid for our tickets and were in line at the elevators when we were suddenly surrounded by law enforcement personnel, though after what happened at the Statue of Liberty, I am not sure they were law enforcement.

A woman named Alice, sorry if I don't remember her last name, claimed to be a special agent in charge of the FBI. She spouted off a bunch of crazy charges against Charlene and me. I didn't pay much attention to what she was saying. I told her to get someone that can deal with me. I wasn't going to talk with her because it would be useless since she couldn't promise me anything. I told her I would wait for her at the Statue of Liberty, and I teleported the three of us to the Statue of Liberty.

Detective Brown: So, you ignored an order from the FBI?

Lilith: Yep, I ignored her, the FBI seems to be a bit corrupt so I don't trust them or want to deal with them. I smile at the two FBI agents that are sitting next to Detective Brown. Their faces tensed up as I said that but they did not say anything.

Detective Brown: Yes, it has been established that you do not listen to law enforcement and have no respect for the laws of this country. So why are you sitting here talking now?

Lilith: Detective Brown let me ask you if you had the power that I have shown people so far would you really talk to the peons or would you go directly to the top? As for why I am talking to you, I am trying to get humans back to Eden. I, unfortunately, do not know how to make that happen so I am trying to figure out how to help. I tried going directly to the top but they refused to talk to me so now I am trying to talk to you.

Detective Brown: I am not here to discuss your politics but here to find out why twenty people are dead on Liberty Island. Their bodies were ripped apart, so we are having trouble identifying what parts belong to who.

Lilith: Of course, Detective Brown, the why is simple. The first person to die was Alice as I am sure you saw in the video. She used magic against me only for my barrier magic to rebound it back on her. She died because she ended up freezing herself. The other nineteen people died because they tried to blow up my daughter, her husband, and my grandson. Those wizards were trying to stick me in a box and take me away from my family again. But Charlene and Elizabeth did what they did because they tried to hurt them. Plain and simple.

Detective Brown: I saw that you did nothing to stop them from killing them. Then you tortured an FBI agent.

Lilith: Tortured him, right let's go with that. All I did was ask him if he was ready for me to kill him slowly. Fortunately for him, Sara was a voice of reason and so he remains alive. I am still not sure how I will punish him but I will figure something out.

Detective Brown: So, you plan to go after him again? Are you planning on killing him next time without Sara's voice of reason?

Lilith: Nah, no need to, I have something even better in store for him. I will bind his magic permanently so he will be stuck as a normal human for the rest of his life. That is most likely what I will do, but we will see. It all depends on how much he pisses me off when I visit him next time.

Detective Brown: You talk as though you are going home after this. What makes you think that is going to happen?

Lilith: Simple, you are unable to hold me here and I think you know that. Nor will you be able to hold my wife or daughter. My daughter will not let you hold her husband and her son. Either Charlene or I will get Sara back. The whole time I am doing this you will be sitting in that chair unable to move. It's simple Detective Brown, these cuffs holding me to the table are nothing for me to get out of. Your bullets will not reach me, so when I want to go, I will leave. There is just one thing I would like to know. Were they FBI agents?

Detective Brown: I cannot give you that information.

Lilith: Ok, I was just curious how far the wizard community has infiltrated your government.

The detective got up and walked out of the room without saying anything else to me. The FBI followed him out of the room and I was left alone again. I reached out with my magic looking for the others. I could feel Elizabeth and Charlene were close. I couldn't feel anyone else in the area. I should be able to feel James if he was close. Well, everyone knows how to get back to the house. I started getting bored, so I worked patterns into the metal table. Twisting the metal legs to be more decorative and creating a flower pattern on the tabletop. After that, I started to work on the three chairs that were across the table from me. It felt good to be creative with my magic. So many times, I have to be destructive with it rather than constructive.

I finished up two of the three chairs when Detective Brown ran into the room. "What the hell have you done?" he asked angrily.

"I was bored, so I decided to get a little creative with the furniture. I think it looks a lot nicer now." I replied with a smile. The detective still looked furious at what I had done.

"They are not supposed to look nice. They are supposed to be plain, boring, and uncomfortable. Suspects are not supposed to be comfortable here." He yelled at me as he walked off.

Well, poop on him. I think the chairs are much nicer and they break the monotony of the room. There is no reason to add a little pizzazz to the room. Detective Brown comes back in the room with an older man in a dress uniform. I suppose he is in charge here. I look at him and give him an innocent smile and I wave my fingers hi at him.

The Chief is fuming at me, like I shit in his coffee. "Turn all this back to the way it was then get the hell out of my precinct." He yells at me. I just roll my eyes and wave my hand over the table to turn it back into its boring, smooth metal top. I changed the chairs back as well.

"I will be happy to leave when you release all of my family," I said happily. I shook my hands and the cuffs fell off of me. They looked at me in shock as I smiled at them again. "I told you that the only reason I was here is that I wanted to be. You have nothing that could keep me here in this building if I wanted to leave. So do you want to get someone with a lot more power for me to talk to?"

The chief looks at me, then turns to the detective, "get them all out of my precinct. If the Feds want them, they can take them in. I don't want them messing up my building anymore." The detective looked at him and nodded.

The chief walked out still fuming. The detective turns to me, "you heard him let go and get you out processed. Do me a favor and don't come back to New York. You are nothing but trouble." I smiled at him.

"We'll see, I won't promise to never come back. It's such an amazing city. I would have just been visiting all the sites nicely and peacefully, but then we got interrupted. Besides, I already bought tickets to go to the top of the Empire State Building. I will want to be able to do that someday." I said with a smile and a wink.

"Just go." The detective said as he led me out. I was getting a lot of looks from the other officers as we walked out.

I turned to the detective, "sorry for making your day so difficult. It was not my intention when I can to the city. I also find you an interesting person. You were very professional during our chat. I like that in people, you just stuck to your job and didn't waste a lot of time on useless talk."

"I honestly don't care what you think of me, to me you are just a criminal that will get away with it all just because you are powerful. I have no respect for you or your family. You flaunt your power and think you can do whatever you want," he said as we entered the processing room to get my things back.

I find David and James waiting outside the room. I am surprised that Sara isn't out here yet. I walk over to the desk clerk, "I am checking on a person who was brought in with me. A Sara Griffen." I told him, getting nervous, that she wasn't here waiting.

The clerk looks up at Sara, "Ah yes, the minor Sara Griffen is being held till her parents come to pick her up." He looks at me with an attitude.

My anger starts to build up in me. It is causing my eyes to glow bright white. The clerk starts to get scared and backs up from me. "She will be brought out to me now, I am her family," I say in a more aggressive tone. Everyone in the room starts backing away from me. James takes David to the far end of the room before coming back toward me.

"Lilith, you need to calm down please we can work this out." James pleads with me. But I am beyond caring right now. I cannot even hear what he is saying to me.

I burst through the doors to the offices, and officers with their guns drawn were all staring at me with fear in their eyes. "Where is Sara Griffen? You will not take her away from me." I scream. No one speaks or moves they are all paralyzed with fear. I see Charlene and Elizabeth looking confused at me.
I speak to them in the demonic tongue, "they are trying to keep Sara from coming with us."

Elizabeth's eyes go wide with the realization that I am beyond reason. She quickly turns to the officer escorting her, "you need to bring Sara Griffen out, now. My mothers will take this place apart to get her back. You have to know idea what she means to them," Her pleas fall on deaf ears as she tries to get anyone to listen to her.

Charlene's face twists with rage as she shrugs the officer escorting her out of her way. Her wings and claws come out as she leaps toward me. My magic starts to flow out of me in waves again. People are screaming in pain as I walk past them, my magic causing them so much pain. We kept walking back toward the interrogation rooms. We got to the stairs to go up but we saw Sara standing up at the top of the stairs crying. We both run up to her, two officers are blocking her from us.

"She is coming with us!" I shout at them. Before either of them can respond Charlene knocks them out of the way with one swipe of her wing. I quickly grabbed hold of Sara and pulled her into my arms.

She is whimpering as I hug her, "they were not going to let me see you again."

"We would never leave you behind, my love," I whispered in her ear as Charlene and I walked her back down to the processing area and demanded the rest of our things. Once we were done, all of us got together in the waiting area and I teleported us all back to our home.

***

I should have stuck with my original plan of not getting involved with the police. That whole situation with Sara has taken a toll on Charlene and me. Sara has also been extra clingy to us since the police tried to hold her for her parents to pick her up. We are all a little on edge. We kidnapped her and this is going to make any future relations with the police difficult.

Charlene is taking the situation hard. It reminded her of when I was taken away from her. She has been extremely upset with other human authority figures at the school. When Sara goes to class, she usually keeps an eye on the class to make sure that nothing bad happens to her.

I don't know what they said to Sara at the police station, and she has not talked about it. I feel that whatever was said scared her more than she is letting on. I just want her to be safe and happy. I am glad that she wants to be with us. If she ever changes her mind, it will hurt, but we will accept her wishes.

The mood at the school isn't much better after being forced into the public light, the wizard children are worried about what will happen to them now. There is a huge debate among the public on how to deal with the existence of wizards.

One wizard was using magic in a public place, in Texas, when he was gunned down by police. He wasn't even doing anything bad he was just trying to entertain some people with a few tricks. Across the south, there were a lot of protests from people who felt that wizards were using magic to steal jobs that should have been theirs. They didn't even know which people were wizards.

Of course, my being in a relationship with two demons didn't help me win over the religious conservatives. They saw that attack on the FBI agents as proof of our magic’s demonic origins. They fail to realize I use angelic magic.

Politicians are campaigning on keeping wizard children out of the schools to protect children. Even though no one can tell who is a wizard unless they out themselves. Kids very rarely can use their powers before their teenage years. Then there is the fear-mongering that they are doing that the adults are sacrificing kids to their demonic overlords. There are also rumors that demonic possession is how we get our magical powers.

The violence has increased throughout the country as people are attacking others who are a little different on the suspicion that they are wizards. I am public enemy number one after I was party to the attack on the FBI agents and my attack on the police precinct. What made matters worse was that they were saying I brainwashed Sara and that I would do that to every little girl in the country. There is no talk about how her parents had disowned her over her being a lesbian.

The facts never seem to matter when they are spouting nonsense about how evil we are. Saul has been getting a lot of flak for his support for me. He has argued our case with politicians and other so-called experts. I am glad to have him on our side even if he can't reach everyone.

It doesn't help that there is a lot of political turmoil in the country, to begin with. Now we have become political pawns on both sides when we have never said that we support any one party or individual. I have said that I have gripes with the president but that is just him personally. It has nothing to do with politics.

How can we turn this around? If we can't even be accepted in the supposed land of the free, what chance do we have anywhere else in the world?

I think I am going to have to change my approach to dealing with the government and I think that means I may need to break something.

up
100 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Irresistible Force

Meets immovable object. Or how do you convince a bunch of idiots to be reasonable?

This must be happening during Trump's term.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

NY Surprises

Great chapter!

alissa

I wonder what Lilith will have to do

Julia Miller's picture

to get them to believe her? How many times are they going to try to arrest her? She is the closest thing to a god on the planet, yet they insist she is a criminal? This is not going to end well for them.

Yup

Weak minded people will worship everything the controlled media feeds them. What a shame for humanity. Very nice chapter though. Still love your story telling. Thank you.

ShadowCat