Mrs Bamford part 2

Printer-friendly version

I was taken aback. I stuttered. My heart was thumping. I had never shared this part of me with anyone. I was too scared. Now it was like my soul was laid bare. I had always expected hate and derision. Grace was willing to help me.

"I hope you don't mind me asking. I have heard all sorts of words about men who dress as women. Sissy, transvestite, crossdresser, drag and transexual. What do you call yourself?"

"I call myself Teresa. There is a lot of confusion about the terms. This is my understanding. Sissies tend to be men that like to be humiliated. Sometimes women's clothes are used, but not always. They do not want to be women though. Transvestite just means a person that dresses in the clothes of the opposite gender. Our society very rarely calls women transvestites, yet they probably wear male clothes more than men wear theirs."

"I sometimes wore my husband's shirts. He thought it was cute." She said

"That's the way the world works. If a woman wears male clothes, it's like they are trying to imitate something better If a man wears women's clothes he is lessening himself. That's the way I see it. I myself don't see it as making myself anything less. I admire women. I see it as improving myself. Crossdresser is just an updated term for transvestite.. It can include someone who just likes to wear any item of female clothing. Shoes, underwear, or dresses. Many of these men just have a fetish."

"So what about the other two?"

"Well, drag is often done for entertainment. The men who do it are sometimes gay, but not all are. They tend to go to extremes with their look. Over the top hair and makeup. Now a transexual can be very difficult to explain. At its most simple, it is a person that feels they are trapped in the wrong gender. From the male to female point of view there are a wide range of people. Some have operations to create female genitals. Some, have breast implants and take female hormones. Some have facial surgery, and even vocal surgery."

"They can't have children, surely"

I smiled at her naivety.

"No Grace, that is not possible yet. Although some of the surgery is so good it would fool even doctors. There are also trans women that live their lives without having any surgery. Some go their whole lives without being discovered. There are many that fit between both of these types. The thing is Grace trans women, want to be women. The others just enjoy wearing women's clothes. Not that there is anything wrong with that."

"Where do you fit in all that?"

I don't know why, but my eyes welled up with tears and I cried uncontrollably.

"Oh, Terry. I'm so sorry. What did I say?"

Through the sobs, I managed to tell her it wasn't her fault.

She held me to her bosom. This was the first time any woman had done that since I was a child. My mother had stopped cuddling me when told her I wanted to be a girl.

"Sorry, Grace. It's just lately at home I am finding it harder to force myself to change back to being Terry. It feels wrong. I want to be Teresa all the time but I can't."

"Why can't you Teresa?"

"I barely survive now. Imagine if Teresa turned up at the burger restaurant. Or a handywoman turned up to fix the leaky tap. No one would want me."

She hugged me tightly. It felt so good being in contact with another human being. She held me away from her after a few moments. Then looked into my eyes.

"Teresa. Mr. Bamford could not father children. Just one of those things. I always wanted a daughter to pass on my knowledge to. I would like you to be the daughter I never had. How does that sound?"

I could not believe my ears. I had never shared this part of me with anyone. Now this wonderful woman wanted to help me in ways I could not imagine.

"Yes! Yes please, Grace."

"Good. Just call me mum, please. I have always wanted to be called that."

"Yes, mother. Do you have a tissue? I'm a bit of a mess."

After I composed myself, I felt like I had won the lottery.

"Right Teresa. Off you go and shower. You wanted to know how that ballroom dress felt like. We shall start with that."

I took the fastest shower of my life. When I returned the dress was on the bed. I stood with a towel wrapped around me covering my chest.

"Lovely, you wear a towel in the right way. I'm glad to see you are nice and smooth too. On the bed are the knickers that go with the dress. Put those on first. I'll turn my back."

They were white satin covered in rows of frilly lace. I suppose they had to match the dress if the skirt flew up.

"They're on mum. What now?"

"When I was young, women wore corselets and girdles. I used to wear this white basque with this dress."

She wrapped it around me and started to tighten the laces.

"I know this will hurt a little, but the results will be worth it."

I was in a dream-like trance when I stepped into the dress. I felt every inch of the lace petticoats as they rose up my legs until they were just above my knees. I couldn't put my arms down now as the dress stood out nearly two feet. The lace rustling against my thighs felt wonderful.

"Shoes next, then makeup, Teresa"

The shoes were three-inch white court shoes. I wasn't surprised they fit. I was only size 7. I could do my own makeup, well I thought I could. When mum had finished I did not recognize myself. When I did makeup you could still see Terry. Terry was gone now. There was only Teresa.

"Mum, I don't know what to say."

I started to get emotional.

"No tears Teresa. You'll look like a panda. I must say you look beautiful. How do you feel?"

"Oh, mother, you have made a dream come true for me. I always wondered what it would have been like if my mother had allowed me to be a girl. Now you have done this. It's the greatest gift I have ever been given."

We hugged. I couldn't believe my luck. Two souls had found each other. Both fulfilling an unspoken need in the other. I did not know where this road was leading, but I know I would not be traveling it alone. Teresa would finally be with a loving mother.

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Love the Mum

Sabrina G Langton's picture

Loving this. I Love that Mrs. Bamford let Teresa call her Mum, it changes their relationship immediately. I'm sure it will change the way they view each other too.

Thanks Sabrina. The idea was

leeanna19's picture

Thanks Sabrina. The idea was from something my mother told me a year or so ago. She told me she would have loved to have had a girl. She would be able to pass on her skills to her daughter. It was one of the reasons I felt she may accept what I am.

With this story, Teresa gets a supportive mother figure, Grace gets the daughter she never had.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

Lovely story.

Emma Anne Tate's picture

Thank you!

Emma