The Late Unpleasantness -5-

Printer-friendly version

flag

The Late Unpleasantness

Five / Alien Symbols

By Jo Dora Webster

How will Belinda interpret the alien symbols on the State Dining Room Wall ?


Five / Alien Symbols

President Bishop Brandon Bush held a gala in the state dining room of the White House to celebrate his inauguration. President Brandon was drunk like a lot of the celebrants were and he had what he thought was a brilliant idea (Hadn't he seen Raiders of the Lost Ark?) His idea was to bring out of storage all of the vessels and containers that were used in worship at the Worship Center in Atlanta D.A. They had been obtained in a raid while the gates to the Atlanta D.A. Wall had been breached.

Those who attended the gala drank wine out of the holy vessels and became even drunker. A disembodied hand appeared and started writing Alien Symbols on the wall of the state dining room. President Brandon turned pale, he lost his footing and his knees began knocking. He called for all the scientists of the United States to come forward. He made a proclamation.

"Who ever can decipher this Alien Writing and tell the meaning shall be clothed in purple, have a gold chain necklace and be given the job of Secretary of State (next in the current chain of command after the Vice President)"

Then all the scientists came forward and try as they might they could not even decipher any of the Alien Symbols much less tell the meaning of them. President Brandon got so worked up he started hyperventilating. The president's wife put her arm around him and started trying to calm him down.

"Calm yourself President Husband! I know who you gotta call! Call for Belinda, President Norman's Secretary of Science. She is one of the transwomen taken from the Phoenix Consortium in Atlanta D.A.. She believes in The One who used Belinda to interpret dreams when no one else was able to do so and even told President Norman one of his dreams when he" had forgotten it. Belinda is the only one in the US who can solve the Alien Writing!"

Belinda was brought before President Bishop Brandon Bush who began to talk to Belinda.

"You are Belinda, who was brought from Atlanta D.A. in the CSA. I heard that The One uses you to do amazing things so I'm going to call on you to do just that. None of the scientists of the United Stated were able to decode and translate these Alien Symbols. I've decided to make who ever can solve this Alien Writing the office of Secretary of State with all the perks."

Belinda replied, "Keep your gifts President Bishop Brandon Bush! I'll decode the Alien Symbols and give you the translation for free. But first I need to give you a history lesson about your Father and recap what brought us to this point."

Dear Reader, Belinda began to read back the entire chapter Four and all of Chapter Five up to this point.

President Brandon stopped the Recap, "I know that my father was a fool and I was a fool when we both were so proud we thought ourselves to be greater than The One. Can we get on with it already? Time's a wasting!"

"President Brandon the decoding and the meaning are as follows:"

"MENE, MENE TEKEL PARSIN!"

"MENE The One is counting the days of your term of office and is bringing your term as President to an End."

"TEKEL The One has weighed you on His scales of Justice and you have come up short."

"PARSIN The United States will be annexed by the French and English Canadians"

President Bishop Brandon Bush made Belinda the Secretary of State of the United States with all the perks of the office. But that was his last act as President since he died that night. That same night Canada invaded and when the dust settled Prime Minister Derrek Trudeau sat in the President's chair in the White House.

up
27 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I really don't know Canada

Hi Dot,
I really don't know Canada. I was going for a country with two different languages spoken to compare to Medo-Persia and proximity to my setting in the United States. By picking on the Trudeau name, I'm not picking on their character, just that they are a political dynasty that might have a family member in 2061 in politics. Of course Derrek Trudeau is an analog for Persian King Darius in my allegory who comes off a little better in characters than the 'Bush'. I hope my choices won't be too distracting as the Allegory continues. Thanks for coming on this journey with me.

Jo Dora Webster

I didn't mind the name

our current Prime Minister is, to my knowledge, the only PM to have a father who was also PM. So its as close to a political dynasty as we've had. So his descendant also taking the role would make perfect sense

DogSig.png

Three more chapters to go

Greetings,

Only three more chapters to go in "The Late Unpleasantness" While the book of Daniel itself has more chapters than that the added chapters deal with Daniel's prophesy some of which have not come true yet. Most are up to theological debate and I'm no theologian so I'm sticking with just the stories. It will make this of novelette size when it is over.

Perhaps some day I'll go through and embellish the chapters more in tune with the sci-fi setting. For now I'll leave out those embellishments since I have to be careful what I add so as not disrupt the integrity of the stories. Danielle's friends seem to be largely ignored except for their solo adventure to the mass crematorium and I would like to add some things about what they are doing in each chapter too since I've used third person like the source material itself.

Jo Dora Webster