Amy's Day Off - Part 7

Printer-friendly version

The day of the first show we would all be excused classes and do a final full rehearsal before the whole school came in to watch us, then in the evening it was another show for parents. On the Saturday we had one final evening show which is the one people are buying tickets for and the one we had to knock it out the park. We all felt ready, but more than that, I felt happy.

On Monday morning I had a doctors appointment so was excused the first lesson. Me and mum walked in and the doctor was lovely to me. She said I looked really pretty and admired my new eyebrow shape. We were given the results from my blood tests and everything was ok, although I still hadn’t gone through puberty which explained why I looked so pretty, although I was pleased about that to be honest, I didn’t want to look like a boy again. Mum and the doctor talked about that and it was kind of hard to follow as I realised I hadn’t been listening after hearing about not going through puberty when I realised mum was talking about testosterone shots with the doc. I said, “Hang on, shouldn’t I have a say if I have them?” They both stopped and looked at me and mum asked if I had been listening. I went quiet and she looked at the doctor and said, “Girls eh, probably thinking either fashion or boys!” And they both had a little laugh at me, when the doctor then re explained everything to me. Basically, I could have them if I want to go that way, or I could have a puberty blocker seeing that I seem to want to go down the route of being a girl as they can’t give me girl hormones for a while yet. I needed to go away and think about, then come back in a week to decide.

I went quiet as I thought about this, do I say anything. The doctor sensed I wanted to say something now, but mum thought I was just scared, so the doctor finally said, “Or would you like to me to write the prescription now as you’ve already made your mind up?” I blushed and lowered my face but nodded. The doctor said I need to say it out loud, so I said it, “Yes, I would like that please.” It was explained again the risks and I was referred to something called a gender clinic, but it might be a while before I hear from them, so in the meantime we should carry on as needed. She also made it very clear to me I must not try and cut corners as it could be very dangerous for me and arranged for me to come back for my first blocker shot. On the drive to back to school, we talked a lot about what we would do now, but I just said there was no point me changing anything, the worst has already been thrown at me. We then discussed my name and making it legal so she said she would look into it but was there a middle name I might like. I looked at her and could only think of one name I could think of. “Amy Joanne.” Mum went quiet for a bit then said, “Amy Joanne, Amy Jo, AJ!” You know people will call you AJ”. I was horrified, “No they won’t! They can call me Amy! It’s my name, I picked it and you will call me it.” I practically stamped my foot in the car and mum almost had to pull over as she was laughing so much. She told me she loved me and to stop being so serious, she was here for me, and I had friends who accepted me and loved me, and I would be happy no matter who I chose to be. I told her I loved her. We arrived at school, and I went to main office to sign the book saying I had arrived and as there was only ten minutes left till the end of class I just went and waited for Nicola to finish her lesson. We walked through the school together and I almost told her about my decision, but not yet. The school would need to be formally told, then I would need to finish the show and then it was a week of half term, and I would come back as Amy and surprise everyone. I suspect that might be the worse time for me, but I was a survivor, not a victim.

Friday morning, I arrived at school but not in uniform as I would be in costume pretty much all day so I arrived in leggings but a short jumper so anyone who looked would wonder what had happened to me down there. My tuck was on point that day, and I had used some of the tape that looks like a plaster to hold me in place. Walking through the school I got the looks, but quickly caught up with my Pink Lady’s and headed to the drama studio. I had made the right choice as we were all in leggings that day, although I was wearing trainers and the girls were in uggs. We were the first to go into makeup and hair while the woodwork and art classes were rehearsing the scene changes. Miss Reeves was running about like a loon making sure everything was being done, but for us it was just so much fun and, being spoiled rotten! Sarah’s mum and dad did our hair and we were cautioned not to be too silly and be very careful during our costume changes. Once that was done, we went to get into our first costume, the big petticoats and long skirts and then waited while everyone else was having theirs done. It was now I started to feel nervous, but Miss Reeves had thought of everything as even though we were waiting, we had a photoshoot with the T Birds and our Sandy (who had never really joined in with the rest of the Pink Lady’s as she was a bit snooty, but totally focused on being a star when she left school). Walking about the school, all done up and having your photo taken is a lot of fun, and they wanted a few done during break as they wanted the other kids in the background. They were a nightmare and what should have been easy became a bit crazy and we all felt our skirts being lifted up at some point, so we all screamed a fair bit, afraid that they would see our suspenders and stockings.

We then headed back for our final dress rehearsal and Miss Reeves only had a few pointers and lots of praise. She really liked how we the Pink Lady’s worked together when we sang Look at me, I’m Sandra Dee and the T Birds were great singing Greased Lightening and really funny. The school had said they had to use different lyrics for the swear words, but they had all been rehearsing the real lyrics and I think Miss Reeves knew what they were planning. She’d had enough trouble getting in the bits about virginity and a pregnancy scare but had argued that it was a useful learning experience, so it got approved. After a light lunch for everyone, and making sure we all had water with straws for us girls, we stood backstage waiting for everyone to come in. The headmaster did a little speech, then Miss Reeves talked as they started playing the title music Grease and as soon she finished talking, the curtain went up. The T Birds were doing their opening bit, and my nerves were terrible and I was shaking but the girls hugged me and said, come on, we’re on and I walked out onto the stage and sat on the bench ready.

There were a few little errors, but it worked out really well. They laughed where they were meant to laugh (especially my opening line about wearing glasses for school and Sarah as Rizzo saying she could still my face), sometimes they sang along with us and the other pupils were really surprised when our teachers played the teachers in the show. We had been sworn to secrecy over that and they had only been able to rehearse with us here and there so when they made a mistake or forgot their lines it worked even better for us. After the show we were squealing with excitement, and I felt so tired. Miss Reeves told us that it was our nerves from earlier, so we had to take it easy, have something to eat and then we would reset for the parents show. The Parents show went well, and I will still nervous but not as bad as for the school only show. When mum drove me and Bev home afterwards, I fell asleep in the car and it was only a short a drive. I woke up very late on the Saturday and wasn’t due at school until 2pm and knew Jo needed some rest so just had a lazy day at home in leggings and fluffy socks.

For this show we had to do our own hair and makeup, which I thought was funny seeing that these are people who paid for a ticket, and they hadn’t told us if they had sold many of them. Surprisingly, when we peeked through the curtain the seats were filling up and while it wasn’t sold out, it almost was. This show everyone sang along with us and seemed to know the lines as well as we did. We were told afterwards that it was people who were big fans and do that in the cinema, which is why we sold so many tickets and they paid for all the bits that needed to be paid for. After the show we had a little party and we each were given a programme and were each signing them for each other. It was the first time I had written my name out as Amy, and I wrote it so many times it felt natural by the 30th time. Kim’s mum drove the Pink Lady’s home and we agreed to meet up on Monday in town. It was funny, most people thought I would be going back to being a boy, but they kept talking about it being a girls day out shopping so maybe they knew something I didn’t.

On Sunday when I woke up there was a card next to my bed addressed to Amy and it was from my mum and Bev saying how proud of me they were, and also £200 pounds to get myself a wardrobe and that I should maybe spend a bit at charity shops. I was so touched, and suddenly the girls day out shopping made a bit of sense. They knew this was happening, mum had arranged it with them but asked them to keep it quiet. The girls suspected Amy might be here to stay for a bit longer so when mum asked them to meet up with me. I was still tired today so I did literally nothing other than sit in front of the TV watching some awful stuff, but not bothered enough to watch anything else.

But Monday was the big day, and I selected what I would wear very carefully. I wore an old pair of flats to start the day, a short tennis skirt, a white tight tee shirt. I still had my Pink Lady’s jacket and decided to wear it, with my hair down. I picked up my bag and headed out for the bus for a quick detour. Martin and Jo were both still in their dressing gowns and Jo looked very tired. I didn’t want to spoil their time together so said I was just here to pick up my knee-high boots and Jo hugged me, said I was looking great but she needed to go back to bed as she was still tired. While I was putting them on in the living room, Martin was chatting to me and asked what my plans were. When I told him about the money for clothes, he asked what that meant, so I told him about my visit to the doctor and that the school will be told this week, but Amy is here to stay. He gave me a huge hug, which turned into a kiss, which turned into us on the floor with my legs wrapped around him and my thong across the room somewhere. We kept the noise down so Jo could sleep, but I felt my toes curl in my boots as he came inside me and I came on our stomachs. I held my skirt up as Martin cleaned my cum from me before he cleaned himself and I put my thong back on and tucked. I repaired my makeup and told him I would try and see him again over the holidays, but I expected I would be spending time with the girls and would need to meet up with Steve and talk with him about this.

Meeting up with the girls was a lot of fun, we had all worn our Pink Lady’s jackets and they showed me around the shops. I got a selection of skirts, tops some new shoes and my own ankle boots. I brought my first dresses, a couple of summer dresses and a couple of going out dresses and treated all the girls to lunch in McDonalds as they had been so nice to me, and I told them my news. None of them were surprised, they had seen it coming weeks ago they said. We arranged to meet later in the week, and I loaded up all my bags and got the bus home, feeling like a very lucky girl. Bev showed me the paper which had a review of our show from the parent’s night and it was really nice, especially what they said about Miss Reeves for putting it on. I read the article carefully as I was scared they would talk about the boy playing a girl, but there was nothing so I felt very relieved, I really didn’t want my life splashed across the front pages. I rang Steve and arranged to meet him the next day on Sunday, and went to bed feeling very happy and comfortable in myself. The next day I put on one of my new sundresses and borrowed one of Bev’s jackets heading to Steve’s. I wasn’t sure what he would say when I got there but hoped it would work out ok. He opened the door and looked at me and walked in saying nothing, leaving the door wide open for me. I shut it behind me and found him in his living room playing a game on his console.

I sat down and he asked if I wanted to play, pointing at a controller. Ok, it’s going to be like that is it?. Fine, I like this game and can kick his arse with it, so I did. When I won, I said, “I’m staying as Amy.” He looked at me and said nothing, just loading up another game. “I thought this was just you messing around.” He finally said. I told him about all the fun I’ve had, how much more comfortable I feel and I’m sorry if this makes it difficult for him but this is who I am and who I will be. He played the game saying nothing and I just sat there waiting for him to say something. He said, “I meant to tell you, I have a girlfriend now.”

Wow, I wasn’t expecting that. He never said another word, but I refused to be pushed around on this. “I’m really pleased for you. When did you get together?” And then it really did feel like a slap in the face as he started seeing her just after we started having sex together. I was his bit on the side while he cheated on her with me! But then I thought, well, I can’t even tell him that I was cheating on him, but it does make me feel a lot better about it. He told me a bit more about her, how they met and so on, and I realised that really I was just his practice girlfriend so he could get a real one. Well that’s ok, he was my practice boyfriend really and because of him I became Amy for real. I looked at him and said, “Thank you.” He played for a second and then paused the game, asking me what I meant, and I told him that if I hadn’t bumped into him that day when bunking off, I wouldn’t be sitting here as my true self. He re started the game and just said ok. I picked up the other controller and we played the game together. By the end of the day we had slowly started to return to a bit more normal friends, but there was still some awkwardness as he said I really needed to leave before his folks came home. I kissed him on the cheek and said I hope to meet his girlfriend soon and that maybe if I get a boyfriend for a double date. He looked at me and asked if I wanted a boyfriend and decided to inflate his ego a bit, “Of course I do, if nothing else I really miss getting laid and if he is half as good as you I will be very happy.” And I gave him a wink and started walking home.

up
60 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

great story

so glad this story has been continued. any more chapters in the pipeline ?

Hi, Thank you. I had written

Hi, Thank you. I had written this a while ago and just needed to upload it. I'm just posting the final part now x