Yellow Blues

Printer-friendly version

I was turning blue standing there in the cold sea. I cursed myself for being such a coward. Standing on the beach were Mike and Steve, the two biggest jocks in my school, eagerly waiting for me to get out of the water. I was scared, really scared of what they were going to do. How could I be so stupid to come out this way? Not that anybody would be surprised. I had always come across as too feminine for a boy and everyone, including me, knew it was only a matter of time - but anyway - this was a really stupid way to do it.

I had known it already in the locker room. I had hesitated to go out on the beach. Finally I had swept a blanket around me. That had worked until I decided to take a swim. The short distance to the water had shown everyone, including the two jocks what I wore.

"...two, three, four / Tell the people what you wore"

It was an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini that I wore for the first time.

Now I was too afraid to come out of the water. While Mike and Steve were captains of their respective teams and great rivals there was no chance of trying to play one against the other since they were also great friends. How could I deal with this? I was so stupid to wear this provocative bikini and I hadn’t fully realized the effect the hormones had had on my body. I had only got a few steps before both of them ran up and asked me to go out with them. I fled into the water and now I’m turning blue, too scared to confront them. I hadn’t expected problems of THIS kind.

I wasn’t afraid for myself any longer, I realized that Mike and Steve never would lay a finger on the new girl me but I was still scared. What would they do when I told them I already had a date? They don’t take rejection well. I was scared they’d try to take it out on my date. Paul is the sweetest, cutest, most intelligent boy you could imagine but he’s NOT the big burly jock type, even if he IS the captain of a school team - the Mathematics team.

I should have thought things through better. I really didn’t want anyone to be hurt because of me. You see, what very few people knew was that Paul is a karate black belt.

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

fantastic

excellent misdirection

DogSig.png

Miss Direction?

Thank you!

CTen

Nice to hear

especially from you.

Careful Choice of Words

Daphne Xu's picture

"I was scared they’d try to take it out on my date." Yes, quite a careful misdirection for the reader.

"It was an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini that I wore for the first time." I wonder why he/she wore that bikini? I wasn't quite able to figure out whether he/she was a girl pretending to be a boy, or was a physical boy letting her inner girl out. I suppose, after half a decade of that song* and routine prancing about practically naked on the beaches and in the pools, there are still girls who might tremble on her first outing in a bikini.

As for Paul, Steve, and Mike -- perhaps after the standard punch-and-kick-fest, they might all become great friends and share the MC. After all, this is the era of the Reverse Harem and #whychoose.

*I stole that song for a story, too.

-- Daphne Xu

Given the site

Given the site "non-transgender" should have been marked if the girl had been a genetic girl.
Add the mention changes due to hormones.
Add " Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie"

=> Initial concern

Harems, reversed or not, are supposed to be difficult to manage.

CTen

Not Necessarily

Daphne Xu's picture

Not necessarily "non-transgender", because she would have been a girl disguising herself as a boy.

-- Daphne Xu