What’s It’s Like for A Girl Part 23 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Laura looks at Detective Spade as he sat across from her. It’s been two weeks since Max had gotten hit by the slingshot by an unknown assailant.

“So, Detective Spade have you managed to get the person who is responsible for attacking my daughter?” Laura looks at Detective Spade for an answer.

“We have a suspect, but he seems to be on the run. According to what we have found out so far, Shawn Grubbs is the one responsible for the attack. We also don’t think he was working alone either. According to what we have learned. Shawn Garcia and Scott Williams were with him the day he attacked Max.”

“Why did he attack, Max?” Laura wanted to know what Max was attacked.

“It was part of his initiation into a white supremacist group called The Confederate Brotherhood. They hate gays, lesbians, Jews, and everyone else that isn’t considered pure white.”

“So, they choose Max as his test?” Laura couldn’t believe a group would do something like that.

“Yes.” Detective Spade had gotten all the information he could from Shawn Garcia and Scott Williams.

“So, what are you going to do now?”

“We’re going to continue our search for Shawn Grubbs. We do know The Confederate Brotherhood has a branch down in Augusta, Georgia and another branch in Monterey, Va.”

“So, you think that Shawn Grubb might have fled to August, Georgia?”

“We’re thinking he might have fled to Monterey, Va. It’s a rural area and The Confederate Brotherhood has a large presence up there.”

“Are you sure about this, detective?” Laura was feeling concerned about Max.

“Yes, according to what we have learned. Things are too hot for him right now. I’ve already alerted the sheriff in Monterey, Va.”

“Well, that sucks.” Laura was hoping they could make the person pay for hurting Max.

“Don’t worry Mrs. Puscat, we will find Shawn Grubb and bring him to justice.” Detective Spade stands up to leave.

“That’s all I can ask for, Detective.” Laura stands up and shows Detective Spade to the door.

Laura goes back to the kitchen to finish cleaning up. She knew Max wasn't going to like the news.

up
150 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Umm…?

Kind of a weak finish IMO. I may be selfish but expected a better final chapter.

Agreed

Samantha Heart's picture

I agree it seamed a bit.... rushed to me....

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Is there going to be a follow

JenniBee's picture

Is there going to be a follow-up? This seems like the middle of Max's story and not the end.

Well....

Samantha Heart's picture

We know who & why & what group is responsible. But he's fleeing from justice with the help of the confederate brotherhood. This was a VERY VERY short chapter.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Hmm...

Jamie Lee's picture

Loved the first 22 chapters, not so much chapter 23. It's missing Max's reaction to the news, the capture and trial of Shawn, and charges brought against his parents. Unless his parents are as upset by what happened to Max.

If this is the end of this part of Max's story, then it'd be nice to see a sequel to tie up all the loose ends left by this chapter in Max's life.

Otherwise, it's a wonderful story.

Others have feelings too.