Consequences Of Ego 2

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 2: Change in Lifestyle

{NOTE: Images and links are used only as the reference to the character in the story}

As time passed I got used to the feeling of wearing twin braids in school. I preferred braids so much that sometimes I even wore them at home. But I was teased a lot at school due to my hair. Not only my friends and classmate used to tease me but sometimes also the teachers. Boy's used to pull my braids & Anytime I entered the class they used to make fun of me by calling me "Boy Rapunzel!" or "Rahul the Rapunzel! is here". Yup, that was my new nickname in school now. Only because of Akash I was able to go through school. He was the only one who did not make fun of me and supported me.

At home, my Sister & Mother were very supportive and happy about this. They taught me many things about long hair. My sister was especially happy. She used to do various hairstyles with my hair, she taught me some too and said she used to say "I can't wait for your hair to get long." (she has waist-length hair) Whenever I lose some bet or challenge to her she used to force me to wear girl's clothes. Which I think she enjoyed the most. Mom & Sis also used to take me with them to their salon to have my split end trim which caused my hair to look more girly than ever. Even the hairdresser used to say that my hair was more feminine than most girls. Too which I agree because my hair is thick, shiny, and naturally straight which looks very feminine on me. (credit goes to my mom genes) But the time I enjoyed the most at home was when Mom used to Oil and Massage my and sis hair. The feeling was indescribable in short I loved it. I think mom enjoyed doing this too she used to tell me stories about her childhood about how her mother used to oil and massage her hair.

c2m.jpg
[ Link: https://ibb.co/bKXX8Yt ]

Like that 6 months has passed my hair has got way longer. To which my sister said I have a little bit longer than mid-back length. Because of that I always had to keep my braids in front of my shoulders or the guys at the back used to pull them. I also learned that I can change the partition in twin braids I tried changing them but it didn't look good on me even my mom said it doesn't suit my face it looked good on open hair but not in braids so wore the usual middle partition even if looked more girly. Akash also used to say that the way I keep my hair seems also seems girlier now but I thought it must be due to the habit of having long hair.

Some day's later.

Mom: Hey Rahul wake-up it's morning already yo gonna be late and

Mom & Sakshi: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAHUL!!

I was surprised and startled when I woke up like this.

Rahul: Thank You Mom! (HUG) & Thank You, sis! (HUG)

Mom: Now freshen up and get ready or you will be late for school.

I was very excited about today because I can finally celebrate my birthday in school. I wasn't able to celebrate the previous year because it came on Sunday. I was also happy that I can wear casual clothes to school today. (In India many schools allow children to wear casual clothes on their birthdays.) My sister did my hair today Instead of my Mom. She did my hair in a single braid but it was somehow different. She said that this style of braid is called French-Braid. I saw it in a mirror and truth to be told it looked kinda cool.

It looked like this-
41658631_754663701543581_9058308528044769280_n.jpg
[ Link: https://ibb.co/z8sDLxn ]

The first friend to wish me was Akash because we used to go to school together. When I reached the school everyone wished me "Happy Birthday" Even the principal who I met on the way to the classroom wished me. When I reached my classroom everybody sang to me a birthday song and wished me. I heard some comments like "Happy Birthday Rapunzel!" but I didn't mind that because I didn't want that to ruin my mood on my birthday. During LunchBreak, I gave chocolates to the Teachers and my classmate and I also received some in return. When I was talking to Akash I heard...

Shilpa: Hey Rapunzel!

Rahul: Who is it (I turned back) Ohh it's you.

Shilpa: Happy Birthday!

Rahul: (surprised) Thank You.

and she left. I asked Akash...

Rahul: What was that?

Akash: I don't know either.

Rahul: I can't understand girls.

Akash: Me neither.

We looked at each other and laughed. I was also complimented on my hairstyle too not only by my class girls but the most popular girl in school also said my hair was "Cute and cool." Akash teased me because of this by saying "Someone is getting popular!"
Just like that school was over. I invited Akash over to my birthday party at night.

I reached home and my mother asked...

Mom: So how was school today?

Rahul: It was great Mom I got Wished by so many people and got some chocolates as a gift too

Mom: (Smilingly) That's so sweet now go freshen up and change into your new clothes for the party.

Rahul: ok mom.

Mom: And don't forget to keep your chocolates in the fridge or they will melt.

Rahul: OK.

I went near the fridge and opened my bag to take out the chocolates. After taking all the chocolate out I noticed a gift box with a birthday card stuck on it. I don't remember anyone giving me this. I quickly stuffed the chocolates in the fridge and ran to my room. I sat down on my bed took out the gift and started reading the birthday card.

The message.jpeg

I was very Happy reading the content but was very curious about the S.A.M. Then I proceeded to unwrap the gift box. It was A drawing Pencil Set! I was surprised at how did he/she know that I draw I didn't tell anybody that. (Not even you guys.) Only a few people knew about this. Now I got more curious after this. Just then my sister entered the room. She saw the card and said...

Sakshi: You got a card let me see.

I gave her the card and she started reading it and said...

Sakshi: S.A.M huh, you know anyone by this name?

Rahul: I Don't know anyone by that name. I just noticed this in my bag when I was taking my chocolates out and also I got this drawing pencil set.

Sakshi: This looks expensive. She must really like you.

Rahul: SHE!?

Sakshi: Yeah the handwriting looks like of a girl.

Rahul: Ok. I thought it was a boy’s name.

Sakshi: It must be a nickname and SAM is a unisex name.

Rahul: Yeah that can also be true.

Sakshi: Anyway here are the clothes for the night and go get a bath while the water is still warm.

Rahul: Umm-hmm. (Still thinking.)

Then She left to help my mom.
I said to myself "I'll try to ask Akash if he knows something." I quickly freshened up & dressed up. Just then my Mom came into my room and said to go into her room and wait for her. She came and said...

Mom: Come sit here.

I sat there and then mom undid my braid and started brushing them gently.

Mom: It's good that you have naturally straight hair like me and your sister.

Rahul: Yeah I like them like this too but they are a bit girly I guess.

Mom: Healthy long hair looks like that. But long hair looks really good on you. I think they look better than short hair.

Rahul: Many people have been saying that. (I said remembering the gift card.)

After brushing them straight she came in front of me and started styling them. She side-parted my hair then and some of the hair to the other side. It covers my whole ear and on the other side, she tucked all my hair on the ear.

My hairstyle kinda looked like this-
Why Every Celeb You Know Is Wearing the Long-Hair Trend.jpg
[ Link: https://ibb.co/rdS3gRk ]

Mom: & for the finishing touch...( she got a lipstick in her hand.)

Rahul: MOM! why are you putting on lipstick? I'll look like a girl!

Mom: Don't worry it is a very light shade no one will even notice & nowadays many men wear lipsticks.

Rahul: But mom...

She looked at me with a scary face so I agreed with her.

Mom: Go stand there let me have a look.

Rahul: Ok (I went beside the window and stood there.)

Mom: Wow you look so beau-, handsome like a model.

Rahul: (embarrassingly.) Thanks to you.

Mom: Your welcome! now go to your sis. So I can get ready for the party.

Rahul: Ok mom and again thanks for this.

Soon guests started arriving. Mom didn't invite many people only some family friends and some relatives. Many of my cousins were shocked to see my hair. But complimented my new look. Akash arrived last.

After he arrived my mom bought the cake from the kitchen and
We started the birthday and cake cutting ceremony. After cutting the cake everyone wished me and gave me gifts.

Sometime later.

Akash: You look great and nice hairstyle.

Rahul: Yeah thanks to my Mom. By the way, do you know anyone giving me gifts in school?

Akash: I was with you the whole day so I don't think so. Why?

Rahul: I found a birthday card and a gift-wrapped drawing pencil set in my bag.

Akash: What!

Rahul: Yeah! (Smilingly)

Akash: Someone must have slipped it into your bag when we went to the library. What did the card say?

Just as I about to tell him, my (cousin) little sister came to us and said

little sis: big brother why are you wearing lipstick.

I got very embarrassed as many people heard that.

Just then my sister came and said to her.

Sakshi: Sis it is not lipstick he has applied lip balm that's why his lips are shining.

"Thank God," I thought to myself I slowly went to my sister and said to her in her ear.

Rahul: Thanks for rescuing me I owe you one.

Shilpa: It's ok and it must be Mom who applied it.

Rahul: Yeah.

After that, I told Akash about everything regarding the gift. To which he was surprised too and started teasing me about it.
And Just like that, my birthday was over.

2 months later.

It was the last day of school before the summer holidays.

Rahul: Finally school is over.

Akash: yeah. (silently)

Rahul: Akash what happened you were so quiet today?

Akash: Rahul I got to tell you something.

Rahul: Tell me.

Akash: Don't be sad or angry.

Rahul: ok (I was scared when he said that.)

Akash: I am going to another city with my family.

Rahul: A family trip, what’s sad about that. I thought you had a disease or something.

Akash: Rahul… I am moving…Permanently.

Rahul: What?!

To be continued in next part…

up
94 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

S.A.M. , hmm I wonder what

S.A.M. , hmm I wonder what Shilpa's middle and last name are.