WS: Ch 02: Princess Milly

Printer-friendly version
Opal5a.jpg
The Wishing Stone

By Teek
© 2020

Summary: Making a wish on the Wishing Stone is a great honor. One that only ten people every hundred years gets to make. Many wishes throughout time have dramatically changed the life of the Wishee for the positive, but there are consequences to one's actions. When the youngest Wishee in history makes a life-altering wish, those around twelve-year-old Mikey must adjust to the changes.

~o~O~o~

Chapter 02
Princess Milly

Chapter Summary: Twelve-year-old Mikey is now Milly. What did the wish magic do? Everyone soon learns there is more to this wish than just the girl in pigtails in front of them.



~o~O~o~

“Milly,” the medic continued. “Can you follow my finger?”

Milly looked down at one of the medics that put a medical sensor on her arm, just below her pink dress's puffy short sleeve.

“Look at me Milly,” the first medic said. “Look at my finger.”

Milly looked at the medic and followed the finger.

“My Baby! What happened to my baby?” Milly heard her mom scream out as she approached in a run.

“Mommy,” Milly turned and stretched out her arms. She tried to move towards her Mom, but the Medics held her in place.

When Mom reached her, Milly was embraced in a big hug.

“What has happened to my baby,” Marsha asked.

“Congratulations, it’s a girl,” one of the medics said after a quick look at his tablet. “Milly here is now seven years old.”

“What?” Marsha asked without stopping the hug.

“Mam, I do not know what Mike wished for, but the wish has turned him into a seven-year-old girl.”

Marsha looked at Milly and then at the medic, “Is he . . . she okay?”

“The scans show everything is considered normal.”

“Can we go home now Mommy,” Milly asked? “I’m tired.”

Marsha looked at the medic and then at World Leader Evans, who was now standing beside them.

“Well, this is unexpected. A gender-switching wish combined with a regression wish. I would never have expected that out of a kid. Must have wished to be a little girl . . . hmm, wonder if it was his intention . . . ”

“Stop speculating and tell me what happened to my son!”

“Mrs. Soffin,” World Leader Evans said calmly. “You saw the same thing we all saw. The only explanation is that your transgender son wished to be a little girl.”

“But my son wasn’t transgender,” Mrs. Soffin said as she started to think. Could the world leader have been right? Could Mike have been a transgender girl?

“As for the young girl’s question,” World Leader Evans continued. “Considering the circumstances, it might be a good idea. As long as the medics approve it, I am okay with you going home. She doesn’t look like she is ready for the press. They can’t interview her for eight years, but that never stops them from throwing a bunch of questions out.”

“Eight?” Mrs. Soffin questioned, “I thought the law said three years after the wish unless the Wishee initiates the interview.”

“The law says three years, or age fifteen, whichever is later. With her now being seven, it will be eight years before she reaches the age of inquiry. Until now, no Wishee has been young enough to trigger the Child Clause in the law. Even at twelve-years-old, the Child Clause didn’t apply since he’d turn fifteen in less than three years. Now . . . Well, when you leave, I will remind the press of the Child Clause in the law.”

“Is she okay to go home,” Marsha asked the medic?

“The Emergency Medic scanners say all of her readings are within the normal range when compared to her medical records. I see no reason why she can’t go home.”

“Normal? Her medical records should say she is a twelve-year-old boy. They can’t consider this,” Mrs. Soffin said, gesturing at Milly. “Normal!”

The medic turned his tablet towards Mrs. Soffin to show her the screen.

“Melissa Louise Soffin (Milly), female, 7-5 years old, 2nd Grader at Diamond Lake Elementary School,” Marsha read off the screen. She then looked up at World Leader Evans with a quizzical look.

“Transformational wishes have been known to change the Wishee’s past, including things like medical and school records. It often changes material things to go along with the main wish. You may find Mike’s room at home is now a little girl’s room. From what we know, only the memories of the Wishee are changed, so don’t expect anyone to remember Milly. They expect them to have her in their records. I would guess that Milly's artwork is hanging up in her classroom and at your house. No one knows how the magic works. That is why after 300 years, we still call it ‘magic’.”

“Mommy,” Sarah said as she came up to them with Dad. “Where’s Mikey?”

Milly escaped Mom’s embrace and ran up to Sarah, giving her a big hug, “Sarah!”

Sarah looked down at the girl with high curly pigtails, wearing a pink party dress, “Who are you?”

“Silly Sarah, I’m Milly,” Milly said without letting go of the hug.

“Milly! No. How? What?” Sarah looked down at the little girl and then over to Mom and up to Dad.

“Sarah,” Mom tried to explain. “Mikey wished to be a little girl, so now instead of being the little sister, you are the big sister. Your little sister’s name is Milly.”

Mom forced a smile, hoping the eight-year-old would accept the new reality. Sarah looked at Mom with a strange look, then down at the girl, hugging her, and then up to Dad.

“Sarah,” Dad tried to explain. “I didn’t know Mikey wanted to be a little girl, but you saw the same thing I did. The colorful stars swirled around Mikey, and when they left, this little girl was in his place. She seems to know us, so it does appear that your brother wished to be a girl,” Dad replied to Sarah’s inquiring face.

Sarah moved Milly to an arm’s length and looked at her real close. Milly smiled.

“She has Mikey’s eyes,” Sarah said as she bounced one of Milly’s curly pigtails. Smiling, “Pigtails tied off with ribbons and bows. Just the way . . .”

“Sissy,” Milly asked? “Who’s Mikey?”

“She doesn’t know,” Dad inquired to no one in particular?

World Leader Evans replied, “Transformational Wishees usually remember their past. Some report it like remembering a dream. No regressive wish has ever brought a Whishee to such a young age. Maybe that is impacting her ability to recall her previous life.”

Dad got down on his knees and took Milly’s hands, “Milly, you used to be a boy named Mikey, but with some magic, you are now a girl named Milly.”

Milly looked at Dad and then at Sarah, who was nodding her head. Milly broke out into a giggle fit, “That is funny, Daddy. Next, you’re going to say that Mikey was old.”

“He was twelve,” Sarah said.

“That’s really ooooooolllllllld,” Milly exclaimed.

Everyone else laughed or giggled at Milly’s comment, but attention was quickly drawn to the noise from the crowd, starting to make their way back towards the stage.

World Leader Evans picked up the bracelet that had fallen off Milly’s small wrist and put it back into the locket around his neck.

“The Fairy Godmother did say, ‘All Wishes Granted’,” Milly stated. “Is that what she was talking about? Did she turn me back into Princess Milly? It was nice of her to lift the curse that an evil witch had put on me, turning me into a boy.”

“What is she talking about,” Marsha asked?

World Leader Evans replied, “The Wishee usually hears a voice say ‘Wish Granted’ so that is probably her Fairy Godmother. The only curious thing is she said, ‘All Wishes Granted’. No other Wishee reported that. The stone only grant’s one wish at a time, so . . . ”

“We have to get out of here,” Marsha said to World Leader Evans as people were getting close enough to the stage to hear the conversation.

“Lisa,” World Leader Evans called out.

A lady in a uniform was quickly standing next to the World Leader, “Yes, Sir?”

“Get them home safe with my protection squad. The back-up crew can cover me and get me to the World Leader Residence when I’m done here.”

“Yes, sir,” Lisa said with a salute. Tapping something on her wrist, “A team on Wishee. B team on Leader.”

Turning to Mr. and Mrs. Soffin, “Is it just the four of you?”

Marsha replied, “Yes.”

“Okay, Soffin family. Let’s go before those reporters realize I am whisking you away from here. Follow me to the limo.” As they started away, she tapped the device on her wrist again, “Jackson and Tame, get the Wishee’s transport to their house.”

Marsha held Milly’s hand as they followed Lisa to the Limo, and Gregg had Sarah’s.

“It’s a blue Stella-vee parked in reserved parking,” Gregg said. “Do I need to go with him so he can get into the transport?”

“World Leader Protection Squad has full access to everything. He’ll get it back to your house. Don’t worry,” Lisa stated. “Right now, just worry about your family. Let my team and me worry about everything else.”

When they reached the limo, Lisa went into the trunk and took out two child booster seats. She handed one to Sarah and set up the other for Milly.

“Up you go,” Lisa said as Milly and Mrs. Soffin entered the Limo.

Milly sat down, and mom turned the dial on the seat to Big Kid Restraints.

>>Seat set to Big Kid restraints. Child restrained.<< the seat announced.

Sarah set her dial and pressed the button as she sat down. Her seat said, >>Seat set to Big Kid restraints. Child restrained.<<

By the time the limo took off, Milly was asleep. Her seat said, >>Restraints set to sleeping child.<<

“Mommy, is she really Milly?” Sarah looked at the sleeping girl.

“She definitely is your little sister now, Sarah,” Mom said, forcing a smile.

“Really,” Sarah said, looking from Mom to Milly. “Zara is going to be so jealous. We both wanted baby sisters, but I actually got one. I’ll be the bestest big sister there ever was.”

Mom chuckled, “She is probably going to need a lot of help. This morning she was a twelve-year-old boy. No one has taught her how to be a proper young lady.”

“Oh, she knows how to be one of those Mommy,” Sarah declared. “She’ll be a great little girl. Mikey taught me how to do tea parties, how to be a proper princess, how to pick up things off the floor without my panties showing, and how to redo my hair ties all by myself.”

“I never thought about it that way,” Gregg commented. “I always thought he was just being nice to his little sister by playing dolls and princess with her. I guess it was more than just a nice big brother.”

“How could we have missed that he wanted to be a girl,” Marsha asked?

“He must have been petrified of the changes puberty was doing to his body,” Gregg commented.

“I wonder why he wished to go back to a little girl?” Marsha pondered out loud.

“That’s easy,” Sarah declared. “Mikey always told me I was very lucky because I got to be a little girl, playing princess and being told how cute I was by everyone when I wore a pretty dress. He knew the bestest thing in the world was being a Little Girl. If Milly were twelve, she wouldn’t get to play dollies, wear fancy party dresses, or wear pigtails with ribbons and bows. The girls in Mikey’s class never wear their hair in high pigtails tied off with ribbons and bows. He said that was a special treat just for little girls. Doesn’t Milly look so cute in them? Milly always . . . ”

Sarah went silent as she looked at Milly sleeping. A huge smile grew on her face.

Smiling at Sarah, Marsh looked over to her husband, “Sounds like Milly has been part of our family for a long time. We just didn’t see her. It sounds like Milly might be more girly than Sarah.”

“Great,” Dad rolled his eyes. “I am doomed. Being the only boy in the house, I don’t stand a chance.”

“Nope, Daddy. Girls rule!” Sarah tilted her head, smiled, and blinked her eyes.

Lisa let out a slight chuckle at that.

Dad gestured his hand towards Sara, “You see what I am up against?”

“Little girls do have magical powers over Daddies. Don’t worry, dear. If you surrender now, you will be spared a long and painful death.”

“Unlikely, but at least they give good hugs and kisses,” Gregg said, looking out the window at the house they were approaching. “Where are we? This isn’t our house.”

“What do you mean,” Lisa said, looking down at the computer display in the limo. “This limo uses the government location network. Look here. The system clearly states that this is the Soffin residence in Diamond Lake. Gregg and Marsha Soffin, with children Sarah and Melissa.”

“That sounds like us,” Marsha stated.

As the limo came to a stop on the Rooftop landing zone, Milly woke up. Looking around, she promptly declared, “We’re home!”

“Looks like Milly recognizes the place,” Lisa said. “If you guys don’t, it must be part of her wish. There is a simple way to find out. The home won’t let you in if it isn’t your house.”

“Good point,” Marsha said as she released Milly from the child seat restraints.

Milly jumped down, opened the limo door, and ran for the house entrance.

“Wait, Milly,” Mom yelled out. “We aren’t even sure if this is our . . .”

“I have her Mommy,” Sara followed her sister.

Running up to the door, it automatically opened. Milly ran into the house and headed for her room. Sarah was right behind her.

Milly grabbed her dolly off the bed, “Oh Susie, I really missed you. That was mean of Mommy saying I couldn’t take you. We got to ride in a limo. Yeah, I know, just like a real princess. Wish I had my princess hat on for the ride.”

“But you did have a princess dress on,” Sarah said as she entered the room.

Milly looked down at her pink, little girl party dress with a ribbon around her high waist, tied off in a bow on her back, “It is the bestest Princess dress ever.”

Sarah looked around the room. Milly was sitting on a little girl's pink princess bed talking to her dolly. The nightstand had a Princess Castle light on it, and there was a pop-up tent princess castle in the corner by the window seat. Little and Big Kid toys were on the shelves and floor. Looking at the dresser, Sarah smiled. It had been her dresser since she was a baby. This morning it had been in Sarah’s room with her doll and tiara collections on top, but now it had stuffed animals and some Little One's Princess Stacy toys. On the walls were decals of castles, princesses, and unicorns.

“Girl’s,” Mom yelled out from the garage door. “Where are you?”

Sarah yelled out, “We’re in Princess Milly’s room, Mommy.”

Moments later, Mom, Dad, and Lisa entered the room.

“Isn’t this the coolest Princess bedroom Daddy,” Sarah said, going over to explore the pop-up castle?

The adults looked around the room. Little girl pink was everywhere, from the toys to the bedspread. For a princess obsessed girl, it would be a dream room. Marsha and Lisa couldn’t help but smiles at the cuteness. Milly and her dolly headed over to the toys on the floor. Sarah joined her.

“Gregg,” Marsha said. “Why don’t you go look around the house. If it really is ours, it should have some of our stuff in it. The only thing in here that looks familiar is the dresser. It looks like the one Sarah and Mikey had.”

“It’s mine, Mommy,” Sarah pointed to the side of the dresser. “Look, it has my height measurements on the side. See.”

Mom went over and looked at the side of the dresser. It had been a changing table when the kids were little. On the side, she had measured the kid’s growth. Marsha looked at the two girls' height measurements from when they could first stand up on their own until they reached the top of the dresser. Although she never remembered doing it with Milly, Sarah's memories were clear as could be. It sure looked like the measurements she made, and it did look like her writing.

“I’ll be leaving now,” Lisa said. “You’re a lucky little girl Milly. You get to have what every transgender girl wishes they had, a real little girl's childhood. From a little girl to a woman, you will be a girl in body and mind. May all your dreams come true.”

Milly smiled up at Lisa.

“I had never thought of it that way,” Marsha said. “Maybe that’s why she was regressed to such a young age. Thank You, Lisa.”

“Oh, by the way,” Lisa said before turning to leave the room. “Your transport is in the garage, but my soldier said it isn’t the one your husband described. It is yours though, we confirmed it with the government registration info.”

“Thanks, Lisa,” Marsha said. “Please, tell World Leader Evans thank you.”

Lisa smiled and left.

“Mommy,” Milly asked?

“Honey,” Gregg interrupted as he entered the room. “This is our house, but it also isn’t. I don’t know how we can even afford to live in this place. It is a three-story house with a killer view.”

“House,” Marsha said. “Who owns this house?”

>>You and Gregg do. The two of you paid cash for the house nine years ago,<< the House Unit answered.

“Cash,” Marsha looked at Gregg. “House, what is my job, and how long have I had it?”

>>You are the Chief Financial Officer of Elmire Corporation. You have been in that position for a year and a half.<<

“Gregg, that job would be at least twice the pay of my job before the wish. I thought World Leader Evans said a wish didn’t change the past. I can see Milly’s back story needing revision, but ours?”

“The World Leader said people’s memories are not changed, but material things are,” Gregg said, looking over at Milly and Sarah playing. “So why would you have a different job? House, what is my current job?”

>>Gregg Soffin, Independent Writer. Author of four published fiction books. Not currently on anyone’s payroll but receiving regular royalty checks.<<

“But, you gave up writing thirteen years ago,” Marsha quizzically looked at Gregg.

“Yeah, I had to when you got pregnant with Mike,” Gregg remembered. “But, if you hadn’t gotten pregnant with Mike . . .”

“You would have continued working on that novel idea you had,” Marsha said.

“House, what is my income each month?” Gregg asked.

>>It averages 10,000 Zeeboes, if last month’s income is excluded.<<

“House,” Marsha asked. “Why did you exclude last month’s income?”

>>It is outside the norms to be considered regular income.<<

“House, what did Gregg earn last month, and from what?”

>>Gregg Soffin deposited five-hundred thousand Zeeboes into the family account from Books Galore Publishing for completing the next book in the Galactic Family Series.<<

“Publishers don’t pay writers an advance that high unless they have a proven track record of top book sales Solar System wide,” Gregg said, looking at Marsha and then over to Milly. “What did she wish for?”

“No one has asked her,” Mom replied. “It’s against the law.”

“Our twelve-year-old boy is now a seven-year-old girl. I think we have the right to know,” Dad commented, going over and sitting on the floor next to Milly.

“Milly, what did you wish for?”

Milly looked at Dad, “I don’t know, Daddy. It was your made-up story. What did I wish for?”

“Milly,” Mom asked. “What were you doing up on the stage today?”

“Getting checked by the doctor, people.”

“No, before the medics,” Mom explained.

“I . . . I . . . I was pretending I was a little princess that all the people came to see. Did I do a good job pretending to be a princess, Mommy?”

“Yes, Milly. You were so good that everyone thought you were a real princess.”

“Oh, goodie,” Milly clapped her hands together. Turning to her toys, she re-entered her make-believe world of Princess Play.

“Does she seem to be acting younger than seven-and-a-half,” Marsha asked?

up
189 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Your Stories

Your stories are always so happy - even when there might be a few dark moments. I look forward to reading more of this because of that!

Look to the positive

Teek's picture

If you look to the positive you will find it. If you look for the negative, that is all you will see.

I want a happy ending in life, so I try to find it.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

Cliff-Hanger?

Teek's picture

Did I leave you with a cliff-hanger? Hmmmmm, I guess I better keep my mouth closed on this issue until the next chapter. I don't want to give anything away.

(Teek is seen looking up at the ceiling and humming as she walks away, refusing to make eye contact.)

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

"younger than seven-and-a-half"

WillowD's picture

Sounds like a cliff hanger to me. I am starting to wonder if one of her wishes was to have all of the wishes she wants.

I am reminded of the classic movie quote "Westworld... Where nothing can possibly go worng!"

no infinite wishes

Teek's picture

Milly has no power to make any more wishes.
She did not make a flurry of Little Kid passion wishes.
The 12-year old made the wish(es) before the transformation.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

Cliffhanger

Daphne Xu's picture

I like tormenting my readers, ending posts on cliffhangers. :-P

-- Daphne Xu

The celestial mechanics of retroactive wishcraft

laika's picture

Even though the stone/fairy godmother said "All Wishes Granted" I don't think Mikey would have wished for the nice new house and Millie's parents nice new careers and incomes. So (unless the stone decided to be extra generous this time and grant the innermost wishes of other family members too) it seems almost as if her becoming Milly corrected an error in the fabric of existence and created a new timeline, where things are now the way they really should have been. Like when Marty McFly got back to 1985 from the 1950's and-

Oh Hell, I dunno what I'm babbling about.... Sweet story!
~hugs, Veronica

You're Right

Teek's picture

You're right. Mikey did not wish for a nice new house or new jobs for Mom and Dad. You are thinking along the right path for explaining some of the changes.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

Little kids

WillowD's picture

Little kids can make lots of wishes that they really passionately want. Just listen to a youngster sitting on Santa's lap rattling off everything they really, REALLY want.

Once Mikey was thinking like a little girl I can see her thinking all of these things while still wearing the bracelet. I wonder if she drained the "batteries" of that nifty little device.

Happiness !!!

This chapter really made me smile
Thanks a lot

Check

Teek's picture

Well, I can check that off my list of things to do.

___ Make someone smile today.

I love getting an emotional reaction out of my readers. Thanks for reading and extra thanks for commenting.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

Reality Shifts

Daphne Xu's picture

Once reality shifts, reality shifts all over the place. The 12yo son wasn't born, so Dad could continue with his novel. Who owned the new house before? Who owns their former house? Since reality did shift, why not their memories? And in this new reality, who made the wish? (That opens up a can of worms.) I really should complete my own reality-shifting story.

Is Milly behaving younger than her stated seven years?

So many ways this can go. I hope to see the next chapter quick! (Pant, pant...)

-- Daphne Xu

More to come

Teek's picture

Between edits of chapters, I am writing chapter 10 at the moment. Plan is to post one chapter a week on Monday or Tuesday of each weak.

Alternate Timeline stories are challenging to write in a way that is believable. This is my 3rd attempt at one this year, and the only one I think I can actually pull off. If you are working on one, then yes, you need to get back to work on it. I look forward to reading it.

Thanks for reading and thanks for commenting.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek