Suddenly Royal - Chapter 05

Printer-friendly version
SuddenlyRoyalTitleImage.jpg

Suddenly Royal

Chapter 5
by Tiffany Shar

Edited by Carla Ann

 

Alan and his best friend Ellie are enjoying being able to hang out on their summer break. Ellie has known about Alan's desire to be Allie for several years, and they plan one of their many shopping trips to the mall while their parents are at work. Little does Allie know that her simple day of secretly being out with her best friend would suddenly spiral into a whole new life!


 
The Legal Stuff: Suddenly Royal © 2020 By Tiffany Shar
 
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, businesses, companies, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

Copyright © 2020 By Tiffany Shar. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without permission.
 
 
Preface

I saw the announcement for Erin's Reluctant Princess Contest and immediately had an idea, but with everything going on in the world couldn't get much energy to write it. Since my last book that I posted on here it's been a really busy time in my life, but I really wanted to get a chance to put this story out there! Since I've procrastinated beginning to post there will be some days I'll throw another chapter up in order to make the deadline there. I have ten chapters written and plan on two to three more for this part of the tale. I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 5:

MOM PULLED UP to a gated drive that looked like it was from a movie. A guard stood screening people and walked to Mom’s window. “Can I help you?” He asked in a pleasant accent.

“Yes… Karen Nelson and Alexandria Nelson. We’re expected?”

“Right you are!” he said without hesitation. The gate was opened and we drove up to a beautiful modern building that clearly said it was Osané’s Embassy. Signs abounded about rules and regulations… It was kind of intimidating!

Mom was directed to park in a spot and a well-dressed woman in a skirt suit approached us. “Miss Nelson?” She asked Mom.

“Yes?”

“I’m Angelique Lanera, I serve as her Majesty's Ambassador to the United States, it’s a pleasure to meet you two,” she said holding her hand out to Mom and then me.

“Nice to meet you,” I said.

“Come this way,” she said to us, “Her Majesty is waiting for you.”

We followed her inside a beautiful entrance that featured artwork I assumed from Osané artists. Paintings of a sea view of the castle were really pretty. A security checkpoint had us beeping through scanners, but she just kept us walking through without stopping. We were taken through the building and came to a door that led outside to a room with a table covered with a white linen tablecloth that my grandmother sat at an end on. Giuseppe and a woman sat to her left. All except my grandmother rose when we walked in.

“Please come sit down my dear,” Grandma said pointing to a chair next to her.

“Hello your Majesty, Mom said first with a small curtsy making me wonder if I was making a mistake and not doing the same.” She waved her off, “Karen you have no need to be so formal here.”

Giuseppe pulled the chair out for me to sit in and Angelique did the same for my mom.

“Alexandria, you met Giuseppe yesterday, and you met Ambassador Lanera on your way in of course.”

‘Alexandria?’ I thought to myself… ‘I said that’s what it would probably be but I really don’t like that as an everyday name any more than Alexandros…’

“This is Geneva Nero, my secretary,” she said motioning towards the unknown woman. She was pretty, with her auburn hair tied into a neat bun that complimented her perfect navy-blue dress. “She’s my right-hand woman and helps me make sure I’m keeping up with everything!”

“Nice to meet you,” I said pleasantly.

“Now, before we get to business, I would like to have us all enjoy a great meal,” she said.

I smiled at her, not knowing what she wanted here. A soup came out from a kitchen somewhere that was really good. It was very similar to an Italian Wedding soup, but a little bit different in flavor from the ones I’d had in the past. My grandmother asked me, “So what do you do? Activities?” Clearly intending to get more information about me than she had last night.

I sighed, “I’m in band and run track at school.”

“What instrument do you play?”

“Clarinet,” I told her.

“We have an excellent symphony orchestra in Osané, I need to make sure we introduce you to our principal clarinetist.”

“That would be cool,” I told her.

There was some small talk throughout lunch before a final plate of fruit was taken away.

Grandma took that opportunity to speak, “Okay, so first of all you have given me your word that nothing spoken of in this room right now will ever be told to anyone?” She wasn’t looking at Mom and I, but instead the people across the table from us.

The others nodded before she said, “Alexandria here isn’t a random stranger I asked to dinner. She is in fact Alexandros’ daughter - Princess Alexandria Leonidas Alessi.”

“So, you do have an heir?” Angelique asked in surprise.

“Yes, albeit one who is going to need a great deal of help to be ready to take my place someday.” Grandma said to me. “Normally for someone to ascend to the throne they would have a lifetime of lessons on how to be a proper princess, and eventually a queen.”

I looked down nervously at the table.

“But, seeing as how Allie hasn’t had that, we’re going to have to give her a quick crash course. Giuseppe and Geneva I hope you can help me get her ready in the next few weeks. In the meantime we need to work on her appearance, I have Tyler coming in once we’ve discussed a few things.”

“What else do you need to discuss with us?” Ambassador Lanera asked.

“Remember, total secrecy?” She reminded her.

“Of course. Your Majesty!”

“We may have a problem down the road with Alexandria. She was actually born a biological male.”

“Mon dieu!” Ambassador Lanera said staring at me, “I would never know!”

“And no one else ever can!” Grandma said. “At least that’s our goal. It will be hard to keep it from Tyler, but I’d rather not tell him if we can help it. Karen, I need you to insist that he never sees her naked.”

I squirmed, “Why would he do that?”

“Don’t worry, he won’t,” Mom said bluntly. “I take it he wouldn’t be interested in anything normally?”

“No, he definitely prefers the company of men over girls. Do your best to avoid him knowing about you.”

“Yes ma’am,” I said as she directed a look at me.

“I’m having an updated passport and birth certificate couriered over here from Osané. It should be here later this afternoon. I’ve made a request of the US Government to help us expedite a change in records in the US side as well.”

“Wait a second, Allie hasn’t even been fully confirmed by the doctors as gender dysphoric,” Mom said.

“Allie, would you rather be a girl or a boy?” Grandma asked. “Lord knows I would prefer a boy as it would be less of a problem politically. But we’ll take care of the paperwork either way.”

My eyes were as wide as saucers then. “This is really happening…?” I looked at Mom.

She put a hand on my shoulder, “I love you either way. I told you this probably wouldn’t be a decision you’d be able to put off. Prince Alexandros, or Princess Alexandria?”

“There’s no plain old Allie in there?” I asked nervously.

Grandma sighed, “Alexandria, there may be moments with family you can be Allie versus Alexandria. But… I do not believe Osané can afford moments of Alexandria if you choose Alexandros. If they find out you are transgendered and living openly as a girl… well it’s one scandal that I think would blow over quickly. If they discovered as Alexandros you were dressing as Alexandria it would be a lot more of a problem. If you feel that you are a princess rather than a prince… I would rather you choose to be happy.”

I looked at Mom who nodded.

“Princess,” I told her, “I am no prince…”

She sighed, “Very well then, we will make the appropriate calls to get your US documentation straightened out.” She looked at the others in this room, “From now on Princess Alexandria’s gender issues are a state secret, revealing anything about her will be considered treason.”

They all said, “Yes, Your Majesty,” nearly in unison.

“Geneva dear, would you please go invite Tyler to join us now?” Grandma asked.

“Oui, Votre Majesté,” she slipped into French.

I watched the door open as she left the room and soon a man in tight black spandex pants, button down shirt with jeweled buttons, and the most ridiculous bar mustache I had ever seen came in. “Votre Majesté, mon pleasure, mon plaisir de vous revoir!” he said as he took a low bow before her.

“Vous aussi,” she said.

“Tyler, this is my granddaughter, her Royal Highness Princess Alexandria Leonora Alessi.”

‘What happened to Nelson?’ I wondered how I would fix that. Mom seemed to sense my concern because she squeezed my hand gently.

“Your Highness,” he said to me with the same bow.

“Geneva said you have a fashion emergency? I believe Princess Alexandria must be the one in need of my services?”

“Yes Tyler,” she told him. “Before we begin, I need to remind you about the NDA you have signed?”

“Your Majesty I would NEVER betray your confidence,” he said in a pleasant, yet clearly offended voice.

The lilt in his voice almost made everything he said so campy I wanted to laugh. He was what I considered an ‘over the top’ stereotype. ‘I really am in a TV movie…’

“Be sure you don’t,” she said coldly. “How old would you guess the princess is?”

He looked at me and said, “Please stand up?”

I didn’t even think to refuse as I let go of Mom’s hand and stood. He circled around me for a moment. “She’s nine, maybe ten…?”

“Fifteen,” I said.

His eyes widened, “I am never wrong, is this truly so?” He looked at Grandma.

“Yes, it is, and thus our problem.”

“One of your problems!” he said, “The cheap tween mall trash of a dress she’s wearing is a bigger one… The hair… Dreadful!” he grabbed my hand, “I’ve seen worse nails I guess…”

“Can you fix it to where she fits as the fifteen-year-old Crown Princess she is?”

“It will take a miracle,” he said to her. “Her body is shapeless like a child… Breast forms may help with that, but stuffing her bra will inevitably get noticed. I presume surgery is off the table?” He asked her.

“Yes!” Mom answered for her.

“Oh, you must be Mama?” he said to her, “We need to work on you too…”

“Later,” Grandma told him. “What do you need?”

“Time…” He said to her. “You have a room where we can work on her with my staff?”

“You’re all setup in one of our meeting rooms,” Geneva said, “Right this way?” She said motioning to him.

“Well then, come along little princess!” he told me. “Please get my staff back there too?”

I looked at Grandma, “Go along Alexandria, I’ll look forward to seeing you later for dinner. We’re going to have some guests here to meet you.”

I felt myself growing nervous, but Mom grabbed onto my hand and walked with me behind Tyler and Geneva. I looked at her and thought she looked as bewildered as I felt!

The meeting room was a fairly large room, probably two of the classrooms in size from my high school, with a small kitchen setup along one side. A privacy screen for changing was set up in a corner, along with an empty portable clothes rack. Someone had brought in a beauty chair and set it near the sink.

“Princess, I need you to take off all of your clothes so we can get some proper measurements and I can get some outfits here!” he ordered.

I shook from nerves and Mom said, “She’s fifteen, she’s not taking all of her clothes off.”

“I don’t want anything she has, you can tell this, non?”

“Yes, the answer doesn’t change. I can measure her for you behind the screen?” Mom suggested.

He looked like he was ready to pick a fight, but Geneva said, “Her Majesty would prefer that as well.”

He waved his hands in the air, “Fine! Mama I need…” he proceeded to show her what measurements he needed. As far as I could tell everything from normal waist and chest measurements weren’t enough for him. Mom had to measure my neck, biceps, wrist, legs, thighs, ankles, something called a rise… ‘This is nuts,’ I couldn’t help but think as Mom took those measurements behind the screen.

When she was done calling them out to him a satin robe was tossed at me over the screen, “Please put that on Princess, no more of the tween trash outfits. I’ll make sure we throw that dress into the incinerator later.”

“No!” I cried out, “I like that dress!”

He laughed, “You’ll like your new ones, this I promise you!”

Mom whispered to me, “I’ll put it somewhere safe for you…”

I smiled gratefully at her.

“Come Princess,” he said pointing me towards the chair, “Have a seat and we’re going to have Demi here begin working on your hair.”

I sat down and nervously asked, “What are you doing with it?”

“Making you beautiful!” he said.

Mom looked at me sympathetically as Geneva seemed to decide she needed to take her elsewhere now. I felt alone as Tyler whispered with his stylist and she came over to begin her work. Using her makeshift wash sink out of the kitchenette my hair was first washed and conditioned, before I was horrified as hair began flying off of my head. “You’re not cutting it off, are you?” I asked nervously.

Demi’s short multi-colored hair style frightened me then. “No dear, a young princess should almost always have long hair. I’m just getting rid of split ends and layering it to give it more body. I also want to add just a little bit to the color of your hair to make it look richer. When was the last time it was styled and cut?”

“Long enough ago I don’t remember?” I told her.

She tisked me and said, “Well, that means we have a lot of work to do!”

I was so excited to finally be getting my hair styled as a girl’s style! But also terrified that I was going to have my hair ruined by this lady I didn’t know! More than an hour passed and she was still working on it. I nearly went to sleep a few times before she said, “Okay, we have to wait while that sits. Nikki here is going to work on your nails while we wait!”

Another lady, a bit more normal looking, began working on my finger and toenails. “How long are you going with them?” I asked nervously as she began attaching fake fingernails to my nails.

“Not too long, you are only fifteen and not off to Prom this week?” She said with a smile. “A lot of people call this sport length,” she told me.

I sighed in relief, “Okay, those aren’t too long then… I’m just scared of poking my eyes out or something!”

She laughed, “You’ll probably still do that. But you’ll get used to them!”

Of course, Ellie and I had painted my nails before, but I’d always been too chicken to even put on the cheap stick on nails that she used sometimes. I watched as my fingernails grew way longer than I would imagine I’d be comfortable with! She worked quickly, pausing occasionally to put my hand under a blue light. Before long, my nails were painted like a French tip for the base, and then she added a design with some red cherry blossoms that crossed from the natural colored nail onto the white tips. They were really classy and pretty!

About the time she was done with my hands and moved to my feet my hair was back in motion. She had to stop long enough for my hair to be rinsed again, before they both were again working simultaneously. Tyler made multiple appearances in the room griping, complaining, complimenting, and then leaving. Mom still hadn’t reappeared… making me nervous of course!

Finally, Tyler said, “My God what a difference!” to her.

“Can I see?” I asked.

“Not until we’re through with your complete transformation!” he told me.

I sighed, “Please?”

“No, we’re almost there. Demi, if you’ll please do her makeup initially for a normal day look. We’ll change that for an elegant look before the dinner tonight. Did you bring your piercing kit? We must pierce her ears at least once per lobe!” he looked at me, “Would you be up for two?”

I shook my head, “No, I don’t like extra piercings… Just one hole per ear please.”

“You’ll never avoid being the ‘little’ girl with that.”

I laughed, “I will never avoid it with it either. One per ear!” I told him. He looked like he was going to argue with me, “Not up for negotiation. Do I need to get my grandmother in here?”

He gulped and said, “Of course Your Highness…”

I endured my ears being pierced the way I wanted them, before having my eyes covered in cucumbers and my face covered in some mask gunk that Ellie and I used to make fun of. As it dried my face felt weird. I wasn’t a fan of it, but it wasn’t on my face forever. When it was cleaned off of my face Demi went to work with tweezers on my eyebrows.

“Have you ever done them before?” She asked as she pulled out a hair.

“Ouch… no… I’m not a fan of pain,” I said as I winced again.

She laughed, “You’re a young woman now, time to get used to it!”

She plucked half of the hairs off of my face before rubbing some lotion on my face and beginning to work on my makeup. Ellie and I had experimented on my face many times, but I don’t think we had ever used as many different brushes and time on my face. “We’ll teach you how to do this later…” she told me. “Tyler insists you not see the finished product until you're dressed though.”

He was out of the room right then, “He’s kind of a force of nature, isn’t he?”

She laughed, “You have no idea sweetie.”

After a while she said, “I’ll be back to do your face for dinner in a bit. This should hopefully be good enough for now though!”

As if summoned magically he reappeared along with my mom. Her face widened, “Oh my God!”

“Glad everyone else gets to see…” I whined.

She came over to me and hugged me, and then looked at Demi, “I can’t believe how much different she looks!”

“Much more sophisticated!” Tyler agreed. “Now we must gild the lily with clothing!”

“Can I please see yet?”

“I’ll let you see when you have your first outfit on,” he told me. “Come,” he ordered towards racks of clothing that had been gaining more and more outfits throughout the last hour.

I followed him over with my mom and smiled as there were a lot of really beautiful clothes there! He opened up a box with a dozen bras in it. “Mama, we need to make sure these are fitting correctly. Please check each?” He paused, “You do know what you’re looking for?”

Mom glared at him, and said, “A few more years of experience wearing them than you…?”

Tyler laughed, “I see where the Princess’ backbone came from!”

Mom glared but I grabbed her and took her back to the screen. As I shrugged the robe off she whispered to me, “Look, we need to make sure they can’t tell anything down below. Put this on underneath your panties,” she told me while she handed me a nude colored item that I recognized as a gaff.

I turned red, but turned away from her and pulled my panties off, before quickly pulling on the tight garment. I’d read stories online and websites, so I knew the theory behind it at least as I pushed my balls inside me and pulled it over them. It took a moment to go back and forth with them not quite sitting right before I pulled my panties back on over the top of them. I turned and poked Mom, pointing.

She nodded, “Here, try this one first,” she told me, handing me a nude colored bra.

I looked at it and sighed, knowing this whole process was going to make me look old enough that boys were going to be a problem. ‘It’s not that I’m against boys… I’m just not ready to be dating!’ I thought to myself.

I pulled the bra on and worked to get the clasps to meet up in the back. Mom looked to be surprised that I managed to do so. She frowned though, and I knew why, as even after she pulled the straps as tight as they could go, the bra was still too loose. “Give me a second Allie,” she told me and went around the screen.

Tyler must not have been far, “Problem?”

“Are all of these the same brand and size?” She asked him.

“Those two are different brands,” he told her. “Let me guess, the first one was too big?”

“By a lot,” she said.

“Try on those other two. I’ve already contacted someone about having some custom-made brassieres for her. Outside of little girl bralettes, there’s not much that’s her size on the mass market.”

Mom came back around and I’d already removed the first one. The second one was a pretty pink color, but fit even worse than the first one. The third was the best out of them at least, and I couldn’t help but note that it was pretty heavily padded. It was still loose, but it seemed mostly wearable. Mom said, “You feel comfortable letting him see you like this?”

I gulped, “Do I have to?”

She shook her head, “No, but it would probably help before they spend a fortune on custom bras.”

I looked down and was pretty sure I didn’t show anything, so I nodded. “Okay,” I told her.

“Tyler, come around here please,” Mom told him.

“Oh dear… that one is still too big!” he said. I looked at him nervously as he asked, “My I?” with his hands outstretched.

Not trusting myself to respond I nodded and stood still as he pulled at the band, and pulled out the tape measure he’d lent to Mom earlier.

He tutted for a moment, re-measured me, and getting the same measurements Mom had given him he asked, “Do you have anything but training bras at home?”

I shook my head, “A sports bra?”

He visibly shuddered, “Definitely not!” He paused, “Go ahead and remove that one and put the robe back on. I’ll see if we can alter it for today here.”

He left and I pulled it off and quickly put the robe back on. Mom hugged me after we handed it back to him. We walked back out to the room and sat down in some chairs while a sewing machine appeared from somewhere and he and his assistants muttered over the bra for a while.

“Okay, try this now,” he said, handing it back to me.

I blushed as I took it back behind the screen and pulled it on. Mom checked it and I jumped as he came around uninvited this time and said, “Well, that’s not perfect, but it’s the best we’re going to do right now. I’ll call them and tell them to get me a dozen in her specific measurements ASAP!”

He walked away to do so, but barked an order to one of his assistants, “Have her try this one,” and pointed to a blue dress, “I’ll be back in a moment to check the fit.”

The woman brought me the dress and I went behind the screen again to pull it on. It was sleeveless, with a blue thick three-inch strap over the right side of my collarbone, and then a slightly thinner white strap on the left side to hold it up. The main parts of the dress were navy blue, with a white V that started at the waist of my left side, and continued around my waist for one leg, and up to just below my armpit on the right. Other than lacking the right type of skirt it almost reminded me of a cheerleading uniform. It was far classier than that though, and I could tell from the construction and brand that it was expensive. I pulled it on and was pleased to see that it fit me really well.

“Mom?” I asked.

“Oh sweetie that looks adorable on you!”

Tyler came in right then and said, “Finally something goes right! That is perfect!”

“Great, can I see myself now?” I asked.

He smiled, “Yes, Your Highness,” and pulled a sheet off of a tall mirror that had been brought in.

I gasped…

*********************************************************************************************
Thank you to everyone who has been clicking the kudos button and/or leaving a comment. I very much appreciate you helping to keep me focused here!

up
279 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great story, really enjoying it!

Beoca's picture

Absolutely enjoying this story, and appreciating the quick updates. Alexandra wasn't prepared for this, but I won't pretend that I would have done any better if I had gotten thrust into being the Prince of Osané.

No One Would

No doubt that no one in Allie's shoes would be ready! Thanks for commenting! :-)

Life Jackets

Life jackets were optional unfortunately! Yes she's been given more than a few curveballs that unfortunately my muse doesn't seem to want to let up on her with!

Yes

Yes, she's in a lot of ways hit the lottery of life... at least on the face of it!

Princess diaries

Really enjoying the princess diaries vibe here! Im curious to see what does and doesnt change.

Thanks

Originally I planned on sticking with it pretty closely, but my muse couldn't quite manage to stick with the full run there. Things diverge here in a couple chapters. Thanks for the comment!

great story

Miyata's picture

I second the vibe on the Princess Diaries parallel with a twist.
Wanting more!

Miyata312

'Do or Do Not, There is no Try' - Yoda

Thanks!

Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it!

Artists and the big reveal

I understand artistic types wanting to only show off a finished work, but being the one in the chair and being the piece of art, should allow one to view the work in progress.

Good story,
Kay

Well

As others have mentioned the Princess Diaries vibe I had in mind the stylist character from there... And probably actually a bunch of others like Hunger Games the more I think about it. Fully honest that this has been meant to just be a fun story with no cliche too far here! :-)

Prince or Princess

On the gripping hand, she would never look much like the expectations of a prince (Dauphin?) anyway.

The real issue is that of continuing the line.

There is a ton to learn to before rulership is even possible.

True

The tip of the iceberg hasn't even breached the surface hardly!

Can't wait

Looks like Allie likes how she looks.