Why Did He Say That? - Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Hmmm, pictures of Mark holding a cake for my birthday, Mark with a goofy smile, Mark holding his table tennis championship trophy. I tap on the album’s trash icon and hover my hand over the confirm button. I close my eyes as I tap on the button, as if doing so would prevent what I’m doing. Stupid pictures.

Author's note: Just a filler chapter while I think of what to do with the plot
----------

“The number you dialed is unattended or out of coverage,” says the phone. Before I can stop myself, I throw the hapless thing across the room, smashing on the wall before falling in pieces on the floor. I bite my lip in regret. Okay, g–dude, relax. Inhale. Exhale.

I saunter over to where the phone fell and pickup its lifeless pieces. It’s actually okay. The battery just got dislodged and all. Sorry, Sammy! Oh, that’s actually the phone’s nickname–short for Samsung. After putting it back together, I lie down on the bed and stare at the ceiling, absently twirling a lock of shoulder length hair on my finger. Hmph. Who does he think he is anyway, ignoring me? I try to play some more on my Xbox, but my heart’s just not in it. There’s just something missing.

Why do I even care? He was just joking when he said that, right? So why am I feeling all weird? Anyway, I’ll just talk to him at school on Monday and not think about him anymore.

Putting back the battery and cover on my phone, I turn it back on. I open my photo gallery. Hmmm, pictures of Mark holding a cake for my birthday, Mark with a goofy smile, Mark holding his table tennis championship trophy. I tap on the album’s trash icon and hover my hand over the confirm button. I close my eyes as I tap on the button, as if doing so would prevent what I’m doing. Stupid pictures.

I still need something to occupy my mind. Maybe I should just go and call my friends, go outdoors for a change.

I go through my contact list, inadvertently staring at Mark’s number before moving on to Mandy’s to call her. Several rings later, I hear her voice. “Yo Mandy, got a game today?"

"Hi Lea!"

Lea? Who's Lea? "Um, it's Billy."

"Billy, oh it's you! Haha, I thought you were Lea, which is weird, since she's never shown an interest in playing. My contacts got deleted so I didn’t have your number. Buuuuut I’ll save it now. Yay!” I roll my eyes at her extremely high level of energy. “Anyhoo, it's a good thing you called. We're having one in, uh, about an hour. You joining?"

"Yup, just need to get my gear ready. Sunken garden?"

"Uh huh, same place as before. I'll see you later."

"Cool!"

I rummage my closet for my shin guards, quick dry shirt, shorts and my awesome spiky shoes. I decide to take a quick shower first, even though we’ll be playing in the mud, because, well, I can’t arrive all icky, now can I? Thirty minutes later, I’m all fresh and nice, dressed in black shorts, long black socks, and a royal blue shirt with a tank top underneath just for that extra snug feeling. I look quite dashing, yeah.

Glancing at the mirror, I slick back my shoulder length black hair, inspecting my clear complexion. Good thing I discovered those pills. I mean, if it weren’t for those things, I would still be have those awful acne breakouts now. I don’t seem to really need them anymore, but I just don’t know why I still keep taking them. But never mind that! Having no acne is great. Makes me more handsome.

With one last check of my gear and key, I head to the door and leave the comfort of my dorm. Time to kick some ass!

up
91 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Okay, what is in those pills?

Is this a case of a guy mistakenly taking birth control or hormone pills or some wierd pill that is having the same reaction?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

...Wow, not any more comments yet?

You're taking this a different way than I was expecting... but that's not a bad thing!

I'm looking forward to seeing the next part! Here's hoping they make up!

Melanie E.

MORE MORE MORE

Please ,,,,,,,,,Please,,,,,,,,,,, Please

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif