A Spirited Emergence - Episode 02

Printer-friendly version
Girl in eye
A Spirited Emergence
Episode 2: The change occurs

by D.L.

Copyright  © 2010 D.L.
All Rights Reserved.

First, I am somehow seeing things that are out of sight, now I am having a full on out of body experience.

 
First, I am somehow seeing things that are out of sight, now I am having a full on out of body experience.

This is ridiculous. I decide that I must be hallucinating. Perhaps I never woke up this morning. I give up trying to reason this out. Let’s just go with the flow.

I look down at myself lying on the bed. The position I have fallen in does not look comfortable. My body is laying face down with my left leg and arm hanging off the side. I pick them up and turn myself over so I am lying on my back. However, I remember from my first aid training that isn’t the best position and put myself into the recovery position so that I am led on my side. That way my tongue can’t block my airways and I can’t easily roll over.

I turn round and pick up the chair that is in the corner of my room. I move it next to the bed and sit down, smoothing my skirt underneath me as I do so. Up until this point I haven’t really been analysing what is going on, however two questions have suddenly come into my head. Firstly, if this is an out of body experience, how can I have physically moved an object? Secondly, and more importantly, the body on the bed is definitely David. My black hair is pulled back in a low ponytail. I am wearing my black school pants, white shirt and navy blue sweater.

I look down at myself. Not the body on the bed, but the body I currently seem to inhabit sitting on a chair next to the bed. I am wearing a red dress with short sleeves that come half way down to my elbows. It has a V-neck showing off my cleavage. I can see the edge of my red bra. I also appear to have breasts. I know Susan is a B cup and these look to be about the same size. Looking past my chest, I have a wide white plastic belt around my slim waist. I am not normally that thin, in fact I could be described as a bit chubby. The dress comes down to my knees. Below are my legs sticking out with small white socks and red Mary-Jane type shoes. My legs are hairless and thinner than normal and the shoes look to be smaller than I would normally wear.

I stand and walk to the mirror I have on my wall. I am mesmerised by my reflection. I have long red hair coming down past my shoulders. My face is rounder and my nose is a smaller, button like even. My cheeks are slightly red from very light freckles. I might not be the prettiest kid in town but there is no denying I’m cute.

I smile at the face in the mirror, it's Jenny smiling back at me, just how I always pictured her to be.

As I gaze at my reflection, I see the reflection of the body on the bed behind me start to shake. I spin round and suddenly my whole body feels like it is on fire. I am instantly sucked back into my body. I can feel myself shaking uncontrollably as pain shoots through every inch of me. I can’t move. I am led on my right side with my left hand on the bed in front of my face. I watch as my hand starts to change shape. My skin ripples across the back of my hand as my fingers get longer and my hand thinner. My nails grow out by about half an inch in less than a second. I start to hyperventilate, as the pain gets even more intense. Then everything goes black.

I wake up, breathing deeply. The pain has gone. My headache and dizziness from earlier are also absent. I can feel sweat dripping from my forehead onto the pillow. I roll over onto my back and look across at my alarm clock. It’s reading 2:07 and there is a dot in the corner denoting its afternoon. Aunt Janice left me at around a quarter to one. I must have been blacked out for at least an hour, if not more.

I feel strange. My trousers feel extra tight around my hips, but loose around my waist. I can feel a weight on my chest. I sit up and look down at myself. There are two lumps protruding from my chest that look suspiciously like breasts. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice my long red hair fall from round the side of my head and I can feel it on my shoulders. I take a handful and examine it. It’s definitely attached to my head, as I can feel it when I pull on it. It’s also longer and redder than it was before.

I lie back down and close my eyes. I must be dreaming. I pinch my left leg to make sure. Ouch, that hurt! I reach up and feel my chest. I pinch my right breast. Yes, it’s real. I put my hand down my underwear. I am definitely female. I spend several pleasurable minutes tracing the new shapes down there with my finger.

I open my eyes and sit up. My chair is stood next to the bed, not in the corner. I get up and cautiously move to my mirror, slightly unsteady on my feet. My balance seems to be slightly off. I also seem to be taller and thinner than before. I look in the mirror and see Jennifer staring back. It’s the same face as before, only this time my hair is a mess and I am wearing the white shirt and blue sweater from school.

I look round and see the chair next to the bed. I pull it over and sit down, while looking in the mirror. I try to reason out what has just happened to me. I grab a large chocolate bar from my bedside cabinet; I keep some there for emergencies, and start to eat. I am suddenly very hungry. It would appear I temporarily left my body. Then my body spontaneously changed itself from male to female. That must have taken some energy; I guess that’s why I’m now so hungry.

Several things spring to mind. Cogito ergo sum/I think therefore I am. The only thing that I can be certain of is that I exist; my senses could be lying to me. However somehow I don’t think that is the case. Sherlock Holmes springs to mind. “When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth”. As stupid and impossible as it sounds it would appear that I am indeed awake, that I am now physically female, and this chocolate is tasting even nicer than usual. I grab another bar and continue munching.

So, if I accept that I have changed sex, do I also accept that I have the ability to leave my body? I have heard of many stories reporting out of body experiences, and there are numerous ghost stories. However most reports do not include the ghost being able to move things, unless you count poltergeists, but don’t they usually just throw things?

The only words that I can think of that describes what I experienced would be ‘astral projection’. Leaving my body and projecting it elsewhere. I suppose that makes sense with the remote viewing thing that was happening earlier. I mean while projected you must be able to see and hear the surroundings round your projection, right? Perhaps it’s possible to semi-project, so that you can see and hear what is going on elsewhere without having a physical form present.

I finish off a third bar of chocolate. My hunger has now receded. I then realise just how much chocolate I have eaten, three half-inch thick bars, each measuring a good ten by four inches. Not good, I have a wonderful waistline now, I best not do that too often or it won’t last very long.

I lie back down on the bed and take a nap, as I am still feeling tired from my sudden change.

As I am dozing, I hear the back door open. Aunt Janice must be back. My double vision returns and I see Aunt Janice coming through the back door carrying a number of shirts. They look freshly ironed and are already on hangers. We tend to do our own washing, however auntie helps with some of the ironing. I do a lot of my own washing. Well I don’t want anybody to stumble upon my alternative wardrobe.

I quickly decide I don’t want her so see me like this, at least not yet. Too much explaining to do and I haven’t gotten used to the idea yet myself. I quickly roll off my bed so that I am lying on the floor between the bed and the wall.

My bed is against the wall underneath my bedroom window. Below the window, there is a radiator, so I don’t have the bed pushed up tight against the wall. Instead, there is about a foot between the wall and bed. The bed is quite tall, almost as tall as my computer desk. It has a solid base with drawers in it. This means that laying between the bed and wall I am hidden from anybody coming into the room.

I hear my aunt climb the stairs and go into my father’s room to hang up his shirts in his wardrobe. She will likely be in here in a minute. Crap! Once she sees I am not in my room she is going to wonder where I am. I should have made a dash for the bathroom, but there is now no way of getting there without risking being seen. Unless?

I shut my eyes and concentrate on visualising being in the bathroom. I can hear my aunt coming out of the other bedroom. I suddenly find myself standing in the bathroom. I glance down at myself. I am back to being in the red dress. I reach out and try to flush the toilet. My hand goes straight through the handle. I try again and the same thing happens. I was solid earlier! I moved the chair across bedroom! Why can’t I be solid now?

I take a deep breath and try again. This time it works. I turn the handle and flush the toilet. I have successfully notified auntie where I am without needing to speak. This is only a temporary solution, but it will buy me a minute or two. I walk to the sink and turn on the tap. I can at least pretend to wash my hands for a while.

I look in the mirror above the sink. I am back to how I was earlier. My hair is neat and tidy and I am again wearing the red dress. It would be really cool to own a dress like this one, but I have never been able to buy one. My opportunities for shopping are limited and I am, correction was, only just passable. I am OK from a distance, but don’t like risking it up close. Most of the clothes I have Susan bought for me, while I watched and pretended to be just along for the ride.

I wonder if the small number of girls’ clothes I have will fit me. I try hard to visualise myself in the skirt and blouse I wore to the river yesterday. The reflection in the mirror changes, the red dress being replaced by the cream blouse and green skirt. I look down. My projected self is now wearing the same clothes; it’s not just the reflection in the mirror. I can change my appearance; I’m not stuck with the default manifestation.

If I can change how I look, does that mean I can pretend to be my old self? Is there a limit to what I can achieve?

I look in the mirror again and concentrate hard on visualising my old appearance. I close my eyes and I can feel myself change shape. I look again in the mirror and my old self looks back at me. I look down and see the school uniform on my body.

I turn off the tap and face the door. I have to go present myself to my aunt. I hope that I sound like the old me. In fact, I have no idea what the new me will sound like, as I haven’t said anything aloud yet. I will just have to assume that the voice will match the visual appearance. Hell I don’t know if I can even be seen. Just because I can see myself in the mirror doesn’t necessarily mean I’m not invisible to everybody else.

I will just have to improvise and hope for the best. I step out of the bathroom just as my aunt comes out from hanging some shirts in my wardrobe. The wardrobes are near the door at the other end of the room from the bed, behind which my new body is hidden.

“How are you feeling?” my aunt asks.

Well she can see me at least. “A lot better, the dizziness has left and the migraine has almost vanished. I’m mainly just a bit tired. I have been asleep since you left.”

“OK, I will leave you to rest. I have left some clean shirts in your cupboard. I will send Susan over later with some pizza. I am going out in a little while. I am meeting up with Janet, Helen and Lucy from the gym. It's Helen’s birthday and we have arranged to meet up for a meal down town.”

So far so good, it would appear Aunt Janice hasn’t noticed anything wrong. Which must mean I look and sound like my old self?

I see my aunt out and watch her walk down the road. I relax and find myself back in my body. I manage to un-wedge myself from my hiding position and climb over the bed.

up
222 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very cool

Enemyoffun's picture

I've always wanted to do something like that...it would way better than teleporting or even flying.

I think Jenny is going to make a formidable addition to the Center family.

A Spirited Emergence - Episode 02

Will be interesting to see who finds her, the Center or Syndicate, or if she stays hidden.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Certainly an interesting twist

I can see, however, how this 'living vicariously through spirit-self' may be troubling. :)

After all, the first public dinner will likely complicate matters, a lot.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I'm really enjoying this story!

Aine Sabine's picture

Can't wait to read the next chapter! Glad the story is already complete!

Wil

Aine