The Chosen~5

Printer-friendly version

As we sat, eating our breakfasts, I was in a very happy mood, as were the others. I did, however, notice that a few of the tables had empty places and wondered fleetingly if there were still some girls who didn’t accept what had happened yet...

Angel

The Chosen
By

Susan Brown


Chapter 5

Previously...

‘Any news about my parents?’

‘Talks have recommenced between the respective governments and things should hopefully be sorted out soon.’

‘That is good news,’ I exclaimed happily as I bounced out of bed, took off my nightie and put it down the chute. Then I had an invigorating shower that helped rid me of my slight headache. It did not take me long to put on my uniform and I even managed to tie my neckerchief the first time. Things were certainly looking up!

I brushed my hair, noticing how long it had got and then as I scratched my sensitive nipples distractedly. I looked at my face and in particular, my eyes, noticing how dilated my pupils were. I shrugged, discounting it as other things came to mind. It was strange that I had slept so long, I must have been in a bad way yesterday, I thought.

As soon as I was ready, I left my room. Outside were a smiling Bethany and Davina; I could smell their perfume as I joined them. ‘Oh, I am a silly girl,’ I exclaimed, ‘I forgot to put any scent on. You go on ahead and I’ll catch you up.’

I returned to my room and opened to the dresser. Picking up the perfume bottle, I spritzed myself, breathing in the heady fragrance and then after giving my hair another quick brush, I felt ready for the world.

As I headed towards the dining room I wondered what would be happening today and how much further down the road to femininity I would proceed. I didn’t wonder about the lost hours, my dilated pupils, my euphoria, the acceptance of my situation or the fact that I still hadn’t spoken to my parents.

Perhaps I should have?

And now the story continues…

As we sat, eating our breakfasts, I was in a very happy mood, as were the others. I did, however, notice that a few of the tables had empty places and wondered fleetingly if there were still some girls who didn’t accept what had happened yet and were receiving some sort of special treatment. However, as soon as we got onto the subject of boys, all such thoughts flew out of my head.

I had, of course, had sex-ed while I was in boys’ school and knew about things from the male perspective. Any thoughts of having children had never crossed my mind, even though I knew that there was a possibility that I would be chosen for girlhood at some future date. Like everyone, we didn’t think too far into the future and just got on with our lives.

Now I was looking at it from a more feminine perspective and I was vaguely surprised that it didn’t seem to worry me very much; rather I felt a frisson of excitement at the thought of boys and having babies.

I became aware that the other girls felt the same and we all spoke animatedly about what type of boy we would like to go out with and how soon we would be allowed to have a proper boy friend. Davina, if anything was almost more enthusiastic than the others and it was amazing to see the U-turn in her feelings about her transition.

Once we had finished breakfast, the bell went and we proceeded to our first class. I had missed yesterday’s classes, but was told that it was just a “getting to know about where everything is” day and evidently, my Helper would fill me in later.

Today’s lessons were about being a girl, what we would be doing to attain that lofty status and how we should start to live and breathe femininity.

As we filed into the classroom, the gigantic vid screen at the front showed where everyone was to sit. My desk pod was near the front and my friends Davina and Bethany were on either side of me. The pods were the same as the ones in the boys’ school, with a glass touch screen vid and comfortable deep recliner chair. The V-R helmet was attached to the side of the screen for when surround -vid was required. I had always liked the V-R helmets, especially in Geog, where we were able to visit foreign lands and see, smell and experience different territories and cultures. Although some places were not allowed, of course, due to the troubles; one of them being Indo-China, where my parents were. I thought about them fleetingly and smiled as I remembered what Helena had told me.

Before long, everyone was seated and waiting expectantly for our first real lesson since the momentous changes had started.

A few moments later a woman entered; she was wearing what I now realised was the staff uniform, comprising of a cream coloured business suit with a tailored jacket and skirt, white silk blouse, black stockings and black heels. She had long blond hair, a thin figure and like all the teachers I had seen so far, was very beautiful, with immaculate makeup.

She paused in front of the class and looked at us, a slight smile playing on her full red lips.

‘Hello, girls, I am Ms Stanton and I’m here to help you become acquainted with your new selves. Now, hands up those girls who didn’t really want to become female before entering this school.’

I put my hand up hesitantly and looking around, was surprised to see that a good eighty percent had put theirs up too!

‘That is about the average split. Well, you’ve all been here for a few days, so put your hands up those who still feel the same way?’

I was going to raise my hand, but for some reason I didn’t. Glancing around, I noticed that five girls did raise theirs.

‘Alright, you five girls, would you please go next door and we’ll try to help you. We can only allow you to take this class when you’re totally happy with your situation; don’t worry you aren’t in any trouble.’

The girls all stood up and left. Three of them looked upset, one puzzled and one, I noticed had a scowl on her face as she passed me similar to the one that Davina had when she was still David.

As they went into the side room and the door swished closed behind them, Ms Stanton spoke up; ‘Well now, let’s progress, shall we? Don’t worry about the others, they will soon be assimilated,’ she added, smiling.

Her remark left me wondering once again what was meant by ‘assimilated?’ Then I forgot about it as the Ms Stanton spoke again.

‘During today’s lesson, I will give you a general outline and start you off on your exciting new journey. You are extremely privileged to be in at the start of something which, we hope, will literally change the world. My job and the job of your other mistresses, helpers, ’puters, personal psychiatrists and others is to help you merge into our sisterhood and embrace your femininity. We want you to be happy, fulfilled girls, ready and able to go out into society to be wives and mothers. You will be part of a unique–and initially elite–group, since we believe that we can help you become mothers, not ordinary mothers but mothers who give birth to girls. Project Phoenix is at the forefront of research and development of the new treatment which you have just embarked upon. You are probably already experiencing some physical changes and you should not worry about this. It is expected and an encouraging sign that our treatment is working successfully.’

She paused momentarily to take a sip of water before continuing. Glancing around, I was aware that my fellow pupils were totally absorbed in what she was saying. I kept on having flashbacks to my last conversation with my parents for some reason. There was something nagging away at me and I wouldn’t be completely happy until I was able to see them safe and well. I still felt guilty for some reason that I hadn’t put my hand up when Ms Stanton asked if anyone had any misgivings about the changes.

Shaking my head, I cleared my thoughts as Ms Stanton continued.

‘At the moment, you are just chrysalises but soon you will become real girls physically and mentally. The medication that you are on and the operation you had will swiftly prepare your body for the exciting times to come. But being a woman is not just physical; we have to help you to become a woman mentally also. That is where your training and the psychiatric support will be invaluable. Please don your Virtual-Reality Helmets.

I pulled the helmet away from the side of the vid and put it on. It fitted perfectly and that was strange as normally you would need to have a proper individual fitting as everyone’s head was different. Then I realised that it was probably measured from the one that I used in the boys’ school.

The helmet automatically and smoothly pressed against my head, the padded sides making it feel as if fitted like a glove. The school crest was glowing dimly on the vid in front of me and the sides were still dark. There were no sounds from the outside–all I could hear was some very soft music. Cool air gently passed over my face and I could feel my chair recline and I was soon almost horizontal, my body softly but firmly supported by the deep cushions of the chair.

‘Now, listen to my voice, girls,’ said the soft, almost hypnotic sound of Ms Stanton, ‘we have a lot to get through so we have a new system of accelerated learning. You will begin to feel sleepy but don’t be alarmed and don’t fight it; this is perfectly normal. I just want you to relax and watch the screen––’

The school crest disappeared and gradually I realised that I was in a forest travelling on horseback. I was riding a beautiful white horse. The reality of it all was breathtaking. I could feel the horse under me, its warmth and vitality was very real and I was riding it bare-backed, gripping the horse’s strong head by its mane. All this seemed very strange as I felt like an expert rider in spite of the fact that I had never, ever, ridden a horse in my life!

I felt the breeze blowing through my long hair and discovered I was wearing a long white flowing dress that billowed and moved as we sped on. The sun was filtering through the trees and was lightening the forest floor in a myriad of wonderful colours. Then we were out of the forest and galloping along a sloping grassy plain, suffused with wonderful fragrant flowers, that went gradually downhill towards the deep blue sea in the distance. The colours were so bright and vibrant and it all felt so real and wonderful. I breathed in the heady scent and then gradually felt myself relax. My eyes drooped and I fell asleep.

When I awoke, I was still in the reclining chair, but the V-R helmet had been removed. The lights were low, but were fading up slowly. I was aware of some classical music–it was Beethoven’s Pastoral Symphony,* a divine piece of music to wake up to. All around me, others were stirring and the lights gradually became brighter.

I glanced at Bethany: she was smiling, looking relaxed, calm and very happy. On my other side, Davina was also just awakening with an expression that mirrored Bethany’s. For myself, I felt as if I had just had the most wonderful relaxing sleep that I had ever experienced. I was feeling more content than I had ever been about being a girl and just wanted to be the best and most feminine girl I could be.

Ms Stanton was still there, sitting to the side and keying something on her uPad. Once all the lights had faded up and everyone was awake, she stood and returned to the front of the class.

‘Well, girls, I’m sure you enjoyed that. I envy you all. You have so much fun ahead of you and I hope that I–and the rest of the staff–will be able to help your dreams come true. That is all for today so you will need to go to the dining room and then after that, you have some free time. Look at your mini uPads for your schedules and remember, I am always here if you need any help and advice.’

We left the classroom, chatting excitedly about the lesson. I went into the rest room with Bethany and Davina and after we had used the facilities, we spent a few moments doing our hair and making ourselves look pretty.

‘Wasn’t it great!’ Bethany bubbled.

‘Yes, I adored it when I was flying through the air on that huge bird,’ Davina added.

‘That’s funny,’ I told them, ‘I was on horseback, riding through a forest and then we rode through some wonderful green, grassy plains with lots of colourful, lovely smelling flowers. What about you Bethany?

‘Ooh, I was in the water, riding a dolphin; it was with some others and we were all jumping out of the water and then diving deeply. I could see some wonderful fish and corals and it was all so colourful.’

As we entered the dining room we were still enthusing about our virtual experiences.

‘If all our lessons are going to be like this,’ I thought, ‘bring on some more!’

The dining room was nearly empty and it was only the three of us at our table. The others must have eaten earlier. Glancing at my ring watch, I noticed with some surprise that four hours had passed since we had entered the classroom. No wonder we were hungry!

Like the others, I swallowed my medication without thought and tucked into some poached salmon and baby potatoes. The conversation, as usual revolved around clothes, boys, babies and other things that interested us girls. The time passed quickly and then, as we had the rest of the day free, we decided to change out of our uniforms and have a look around as we hadn’t really had much chance to do that before.

We agreed to meet in Davina’s room in forty minutes and after saying goodbye, I went to my room.

‘Hello, Rebecca, have you had a nice day?’

‘Yes, thank you, Helena. Has there been any news about my parents?’

‘We hope to have some news soon, since fighting has died down. The martial law and a curfew is keeping people off the street so it does seem as though we will be able to contact the embassy shortly. You will know as soon as we do,’

‘Thanks, Helena!’

I had a quick shower and then I decided to wear a pretty pink dress made of some diaphanous material. Before getting dressed, I inspected my sensitive breasts as I could feel a slight pain around my areolas and beneath the puffy breast tissue. I could see some small red marks, like puncture marks, but it couldn’t be that. It might be the beginnings of some sort of strange rash or something. I had never seen that before and I wondered how they got there. Then a voice in my head seamed to calm me down and I shrugged and forgot about it, meaning to ask someone later about it. For now, I had to get a move on or the others would be ready before me!

It was strange as I was able to put my bra on quite easily–almost without thinking–and I applied my makeup as if I had been doing it for years. I looked very pretty in my dress and after brushing and putting some pink ribbons in my long hair; I checked myself in the mirror and was very pleased with what I saw.

Leaving my room, I made my way to Davina’s, meeting Bethany on the way. She too looked very pretty in a pale blue satin dress. She was wearing more makeup than me, but then that was Bethany–showy!

We requested entry to Davina’s room and went in as the door slid open silently.

Davina was just finishing her hair. She was wearing a stunning above the knee cream tunic dress with a round neck and I could see that she was already developing a small bust. I was quite jealous and wondered why she and Bethany also seemed to be more advanced in that department. All right, my nipples were very sensitive and seemed a bit puffy, but nowhere nearly as advanced as the other two. I made a note to ask Helena later why I wasn’t developing as quickly as they were.

Before long we were making our way down the corridor, arm in arm, excited about the day we had just had and the incredible experiences that had been so real and so very wonderful.

The school was built around a quadrangle and we went into the gardens which were covered by a positive charge field that kept out bad weather. The quad was mainly grassed over, with some fountains in the centre and many flower beds which were a riot of colour. Other pupils, like us, were strolling about arm in arm and everything seemed very peaceful.

As I lay back on the grass looking up at the sky, I felt very happy and contented with my lot. Finally, I was coming to accept that I would never be a boy again and instead of feeling a sense of loss, I was looking forward positively to my new life and experiences to come. I hoped fervently, that once I graduated, I would find a gorgeous husband and be able to have wonderful sweet children with him and above all, I hoped that those children would include girls.

After a while, we got up and brushed some loose grass off our frocks and went exploring. By consulting our mini uPads, we were able to use the maps to find places such as the gym, the holo chamber for experiencing near real life experiences–you had to book it as it was very popular–the vidi-theatre that linked the great theatres of the world. Then there was the great hall where graduating ceremonies and other great occasions took place. There were also two restaurants where you were expected to dress up, not down; fun areas where games were played, some of them physical like netball and rounders, others with state of the art vidi game equipment where you could pit yourself against anyone else who wanted to play.

Then there were the quiet, reflective areas where we could go to find privacy and calm. Other areas included the offices, staff rooms and treatment centres–some of which, we had been told, we would become acquainted with intimately.

Everywhere we went we saw other pupils, two, three and four petals. A few five petals were around but we were led to understand that they tended to spend more time with the staff rather than us “mere mortals”.

One thing I noticed was that there were no windows that looked out on the outside of the building–just vidi-windows that showed beautiful scenes from around the world. I made a mental note to ask Helena why that was when I got the chance. All the exits of the building leading outside were barred to us; I did try one door, but instead of it slipping open a disembodied voice told me that the exit was barred to two-petal pupils for their security and the maintenance of asepsis. Another thing to ask Helena or my Helper.

After a while, we began to feel tired and we made our way back to our rooms. I said goodbye to my friends and entered my room. We had all decided to eat in by ourselves tonight as we were so tired–a by product of our treatment we had been told at some point.

‘Hello, Helena,’ I called, taking off my shoes and rubbing my aching stockinged feet.

‘Hello, Rebecca, have you had a good time?’

‘Yes, lovely; any news?’

‘About your parents? No, I am afraid not; it’s all taking longer than we thought, but no news is good news, as the saying goes.’

‘Mmm.’ I said, unconvinced but not too worried; nothing seemed to worry me much at present.

I felt quite sleepy, so after removing my makeup and putting my hair in a scrunchie, I changed into a long pink satin nightie and sat at a table to eat a syntho-lamb cutlet and salad, not forgetting my medications, of course.

I watched an old Bugs Bunny cartoon while I ate. I adore Bugs Bunny and giggled whenever he managed to get one over Yosemite Sam, again!

After that I switched to the news channel.

‘The main headlines, The US of A & C has called in the Indo-Chinese Ambassador to protest about treatment of their citizens in that troubled country. The life president has threatened to impose a trade embargo and also to call in old debts if the situation does not improve. The combined governments of England, Scotland, Wales and Eire under the leadership of Alysia Wellgood has stated that the situation in Indo-China remains fluid and it would be well, at the moment, not to antagonise the government of that troubled state.’

In other news, the male-female ratio continues to widen as more boys are being born. The government are aware of the situation and have stated that exciting things are being developed that will ensure that the balance will be restored sooner rather than later. The real hope is that girls will start to be produced within the next five years if not sooner.

Now the sports news––’

Before going to bed, I went and used the loo. I was a bit tired and fuzzy around the edges, but noticed that my penis was getting a bit smaller–more shrunken somehow and it ached slightly. That was strange; surely the medication wouldn’t be working that quickly? I also noticed some more of those strange red marks like the ones on my breasts, around the base of my penis and they stung a bit when I touched them. Another thing was that I had to wipe myself carefully after using the toilet as I was making a slight mess and my pee was going everywhere. I mentally shrugged at my discovery, meaning to mention it to someone when I wasn’t quite as tired.

When I stood up and washed my hands, I gazed at my face and smiled, driving all thoughts of what I had just discovered out of my mind. My face seemed a bit softer, thinner and more feminine now and my eyes looked big and rather lovely, although my pupils did seem a bit dilated–something to do with the medication, I supposed.

My breasts, when I felt them through the thin slippery fabric of my nightie, were rather tender and now quite definitely larger than even yesterday, maybe even an A Cup! I smiled at my reflection thinking that I was probably one of those lucky girls on accelerated treatment and that I really had no need to worry about things like that.

I finally tore my eyes away from my gorgeous reflection and went back into my bedroom, quickly slipping under the covers.

‘Goodnight, Helena.’

‘Goodnight Rebecca, sweet dreams.’

The lights went down and soft music filled the room. Something was still nagging at me though, it was once again that final conversation that I had with my parents. What was it? I couldn’t remember and I was getting so tired that I could stay awake no longer, and succumbed to what my body was telling me to do as I gradually fell asleep.

I had a dream. It was vivid and involved my parents. They were holed up in the embassy and there were the sounds of gunfire and lasers outside. My parents were burning documents and clearing off computer records as the sound of pounding and explosions got ever nearer. Eventually there was a tremendous explosion and the door of their office blew inwards. They looked around and then put their hands up in horror––

I woke up suddenly, bathed in sweat. I had a headache and felt like crying; it was all oh-so real. The lights dimly faded up.

‘Are you all right, Rebecca?’

‘Yes Helena, just a bad dream and I have a headache.’

‘I will provide you with something for that.’

‘Thanks.’ I said as I got up and went to the bathroom. My heart was pounding and I was feeling sweaty. I used the loo–making a mess again–and then I wiped myself down and changed my nightie. I could have had a shower, but thought that it would wake me up too much.

Returning to my bedroom, I noticed that the serving hatch had a green light above it. Going over, it slid open and there was some clear green liquid in a glass.

‘Is this for my head?’ I asked.

‘Yes, Rebecca. It will make you feel much better.’

‘Thanks,’ I said and drank down the peppermint-flavoured liquid and replaced the glass on the tray.

I went back to bed and noticed that the bedding had been changed. That was good because the other had become quite damp with my perspiration.

I slipped into bed, the lights faded again and I shut my eyes.

‘Goodnight, Rebecca.’

‘’Night,’ I replied sleepily.

I shut my eyes but for some reason could not sleep for thinking about my parents. Something was still at the back of my brain and I just couldn’t grasp it and then my eyes snapped open. I nearly gasped but just put my hand over my mouth as I didn’t want Helena to hear me as I had no idea how well the room and in particular I, was being monitored.

I was blessed with an almost photographic memory and I could recall almost word for word what my father had said. My Dada said that I should contact Auntie Connie in Brighton. “She’ll look after your interests. You know what she’s like–a bit scatty, but her heart’s in the right place and she’ll look over you and protect you, whatever happens. She knows about all this and is expecting a call”.

Why I didn’t take all of that in at the time of my conversation with him, I don’t know. Maybe my being upset at everything that had happened might have made me not pay as much attention as I should have at the time.

I did have an Auntie Connie, but she lived in Bournemouth–not Brighton–and I had never met her so had no idea what she was like; but Dada said that I knew what she was like. Was there some hidden message there?

Dada never would make a mistake like that; so if it wasn’t a mistake, what was he trying to tell me? Was it some sort of warning?


* Pastoral Symphony (No. 6in F major Op. 68) by Ludwig van Beethoven–If anyone saw Soylent Green, you will realise that this influenced and gave me inspiration for this section of the story.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green


To be continued…

Please remember to leave comments..it's nice to know if people like/don't like my stories :-)

My thanks go to the brilliant and lovely Gabi for editing, help with the plot-lines and pulling the story into shape.

up
175 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Chosen~5

A very interesting chapter! Could her dad know something that we don't know? Sue, GREAT STORY! You have me wondering about this mystery, and others in the story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Wake UP!!

Rebecca, you have got to do a lot today, so be a good girl and prepare yourself accordingly.

Only a hundred new recruits? It seems awfully small of a number - even I know that there is a statistic of about a hundred new beople being born in the world for every minute, but disregarding that, it still is very little in comparison to supposed number of young kids. And since, if I recall, there are very few such schools, it certainly won't help the demographic.

Another line is - I reread the second part, the last conversation, and the parents promised Rebecca that no drugs will be administered without their full knowledge or consent. Full knowledge. And no more than an hour or two later she is given 'medication' during the breakfast. Also, while the uPad was given to her, and it was told during the assembly that there will be details of any treatments that are deemed necessary for you to undertake nobody checked nothing, yet.

Sue, I'm impressed. You're playing a deep game here, and a good one too!

Oh, a few things more. While Helena (the voice interface) had allegedly given Rebecca privacy during her talk with the parents, it responded to the vocal command of 'privacy off'. I'm not so sure but how would she know if she did provide privacy? Also, I suspect that the attack on embassy was immediately after, or little time later than the last call, and the principal knew about it well before she told it Rebecca.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Puncture marks

Indicate that the newly minted girls are getting injections of something around each of their breasts and penis in addition to the oral medications and the hypnosis. It wouldn't surprise me if the details of the medications they're taking are made available on the uPad (so the administration can claim the girls can find out) but the hypnosis discourages them from doing so...

 


There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Pastoral Symphony

Puddintane's picture

Beethoven Symphony no. 6 in F major 'pastoral' on period instruments

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five

Cheers,

Puddin'

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

I did flash on...

laika's picture

...that scene from Soylent Green when you had the girls listening to the Pastoral in that "classroom".
A haunting scene from Edward G. Robinson's last film, and I think one of his best roles. The 6th usually makes me think of
a different famous movie, full of cavorting fauns + centaurs and a zany drunken Bacchus, but this isn't a very Fantasia kind of story...

Rebecca's repeatedly mentioning how she would notice something alarming and then put it out of her mind
seemed to indicate there would come a time when she DID remember, because if she was successfully brainwashed
those brief flashes of lucidity would've vanished forever & not be in her narrative. Next chapter should be very interesting!!

From the girls' universally boy-crazed conversations I guess their programming isn't giving them the option
of growing up into lesbians, even though this wouldn't prevent them from becoming good mommies...
~(Again, this is an awesome work of real science fiction!) Hugs, Laika
.

TOP RAMEN IS PEOPLE!!

So GOOD! ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... so sinister! BUT Soooo frustrating, sooooooooooooooo slow! ... Aaaarrrrrrrgggghh!

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Very Sinister

RAMI

I do not trust the powers to be at all. They are sinister and lie easily. Truly, they do not have the best interests of their charges in mind when they act. The boys will be converted to girls no matter what the child wants. The assimilation process must use extreme brain washing and mental torture.

RAMI

RAMI

You must understand the world is desperate

The English Teacher's picture

Though it might not be ethical it is a necessary evil. What was it that Spock said something about disregarding the needs of the few or one for the needs of the many and with the human race approaching extinction (probably faster than the general public is allowed to know) the governments of the world are taking desperate measures to insure the survival of mankind. You can debate the merit, the humanity or morality and still it comes down to doing what has to be done for survival. A trait in man that is almost impossible to prevent. If there were some other way and we must assume that those ways were explored and volunteering wasn’t a viable solution, as it still meant extinction.

So there you are. Hard yes, unfair yes, but what would you do in the same position, let the race die, I would hope not!

As always, so much to read, so little time and only one of me :)
The English Teacher

So much to read, so little time and only one of me :)

The English Teacher

It is in the face of peril

That a true nature of a person shows. While you made a valid point, consider this - 40% of the entire humanity is to be eventually subjected to this treatment, to supposedly ensure its survival, lest a cure for inability to give birth to genetic girls is found. It is almost a half of the entire population. Fourty percent. Do the math. It is not "needs of the few for the needs of the many", it has long since passed any point when it could be reasonably considered few.

This is the severity of the situation. It is not about lying, drugging or forcefully feminising some random person or group - it is about the country completely reshaping a SIZABLE part of its own population, turning their entire worlds upside down. History knows but a few examples of events on such a scale. To name a few - Völkerwanderung, that resulted in Western Roman Empire crumble to torn remnants; Genghis Khan's conquest that turned nomadic tribes into a force that dominated all of Asia for centuries to come; Alexander the Great's Empire of Makedonia... That promptly fell apart once he, perhaps the only true unifying force, disappeared.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Agree with the need - if the premise is true.

RAMI

In my comment to chapter 4, I basically agree with you, that the survival of the species might require a solution as drastic as this one. The situation is like a global World War III, against an enemy, a plague as or more dangerous then the Axis powers. It is likely that to fight the war, the number of soldier necessary to do so, would exceed the number of volunteers. So a draft is necessary. Here rather then battle, those drafted will face a forced transformation to being female. Some may die as a result of that trauma, but that number is far fewer, then would die in combat. Some may even consider the transformation worse then death (None or few of the readers here I presume), but there are always casualties in a war. Those transformed could be considered the casualties of this war. War after all has been described as hell. Perhaps after Victory a monument can be erected to those who both survived and died in the struggle. Perhaps a Wall looking like this.

Soldiers In The Fight For Survival

Boy Name Date of Birth Girl Name Date of Transformation

My main concern is if the premise is true. Is the plague actually happening as described - World wide or is the problem confined to the U.K. only. Is something else going on which has not been revealed. The gist of the story so far, leads me to believe that there is mal-intent among the staff and teachers of the school. Perhaps an alternate cure for the plague has already been discovered, not requiring these steps.

I also think that the charms the new girls wear signifies something more then there grade level - something sinister - such as the number of successful conversions to womanhood they have accomplished, or been a part of. Six charms frees them from their sentence and allows them to regain some sense of freedom.

RAMI

RAMI

The Premise IS True...

...at least in the context of this story.

The plague, we were told early on is world-wide. Other regimes are not so gentle with the "volunteers".

Is something else going on? Golly, I sure hope so, otherwise our authoress would have to suffer a major stupor of thought.

What mal-intent? Just because the "volunteers" aren't told "everything" from the git-go is actually a sign of good intent by providing vital information when it is needed and when it is able to be accepted by the learner. Since the percentage of very willing "volunteers" is low there has to be ways to Assimulate the not so willing in order to meet the primary goal -- the survival of the human race.

Yeah, perhaps there have been alternate cures discovered. But, wouldn't those fall into the category of very closely and rigorously guarded state secrets? Perhaps pigs have learned the art of flight, too.

Sinister petal charms? Nothing like a good conspiracy to get those paraniod juices flowing, eh?

Sue, keep writing your story the way you want. I don't expect you to suddenly change it to a sweet and nice Disney tale just because a few might be discomfitted by the developement and telling of same.

A Strident Fan,
Linda Jeffries
Too soon old, too late smart.

Linda Jeffries
Too soon old, too late smart.
Profile.jpg

A Fan Too

RAMI

Please don't interrupt my comments either that support the premise (the first part of my comment), or question the premise as attacking or questioning Sue's story or her writing ability, she is among the top authors here. I do not expect her to change her story because of what I wrote or what other's who question what is going on wrote.

Who told us the plague is world wide? Rebecca who learned it from the heavily controlled state media, and from her teachers. Who is to say that they are telling the truth.

The students are totally under the domination and control of their teachers. They obviously are using harsh techniques to control those who are not happy with the program. Perhaps, they need to look for recruits elsewhere. It seems that they only conducted their search among a limited number of male students, those enrolled in what I believe are called Public Schools in the U.K., but would be considered elite private boarding schools in the U.S. Perhaps it is because, the parents of those children are not in direct contact, and thus their children are more easily manipulated.

RAMI

RAMI

Interrupt?

Did you mean 'interpret'?

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

This is so very cool

The English Teacher's picture

It's like Hitchcock, Twilight Zone and Star Trek all rolled in to one.

At class what came to mind was "We are the Borg resistance is futile you will be assimilated." The Zone episode where everyone looks like each other and the one girl’s resistance to have cosmetic surgery to "correct her defects". The Hitchcock mystery of his fathers comments and the puzzle to find that meaning with our hero/heroin keep her resistance to the treatment (the mind stuff anyway) to herself. It just keeps me want to reread it to make sure I haven’t missed anything. Good on you Sue.

As always, so much to read, so little time and only one of me :)
The English Teacher

So much to read, so little time and only one of me :)

The English Teacher

A Warning

If was a warning is it too late or can Rebecca still be saved? Can she overcome the barbaric treatment she is receiving? Can she contact her Aunt? Should she contact her Aunt? Oh, so many questions and I have to wait until the next installment for even a portion of an answer.

Hopefully Rebecca can teach these people not to mess with human nature.

Thanks for another great chapter. I'm certainly looking forward to the next one.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

Another great chapter, Sue!

Another great chapter, Sue! I'm so glad you're continuing this story.

Kris

Kris

{I leave a trail of Kudos as I browse the site. Be careful where you step!}

The Captive

Something keeps nigling at my brain, but I can not remember exactly what?

In the late 50's or Early 60's, there was a British program that was aired in the US, some sort of sinister spy thing. I frequently got so disturbed with the suspense that I had to leave the room until the scene changed.

It seemed as though there was a man who'd been drugged and held captive, but he tried to escape. He was running and running, and then there would be this 6 foot clear ball come on the scene, and he'd run again. It was a series.

Can any of you remember it?

Gwen

That would be The Prisoner

Andrea Lena's picture

..with Patrick McGoohan...remade recently as a mini-series with Jim Caviezel.


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Dio benedica la mia bella amici

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

It Was the Prisoner

Patrick McGoohan was the star. IMDB shows it as being first shown in 1967-1968. It's available on DVD to buy on Amazon or to watch from Netflix.

Oh God...

laika's picture

There goes my writing day!!! Thanks Misty. The show seemed to have a strong libertarian message. And lava lamps.
I always thought Mel Gibson would be a good #6 for a remake. And McGoohan himself as #2...
(Sorry Sue, I will read this chapter and post a relevant comment eventually!)
~~be seeing you, #13

Transparancy

I can understand the need to do things cloak-and-dagger during the early stages of the newly minted girls time at the school, while they're still settling into their new roles in society and learning to comprehend what will eventually become of them.

However, I'd hope that once initial conditioning is over, the school could be more open with the girls as to what procedures they're undergoing and will undergo in future. I hope that they are allowed to regain independence of thought and emotion, lest they turn out like Stepford Wives...

 


There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Agendae

I sense an agenda that is not quite kosher.
Parents being incommunicado and dilated pupils - all a form of sensory and emotional destabilisation.

Are the intentions honourable?
Are the good guys really bad guys?

In a situation where people are abducted to undergo realignment, there is a need for openness with the rest of the population or you could end up with a sort of slavery market where newly minted girls are sold off to the highest bidder.
Soylent Green-- ah memories....
Once again agenda driven - and power based in abduction and separation of proles from their rights.

Double Entendre

joannebarbarella's picture

Someone stirred my awful sense of humour with.....Wait for it

DILATED PUPILS!

Well, they will be soon if they're not already, won't they?

Joanne

I always thought…

…that Billy Bunter was a…Wait for it again…

DILATED PUPIL

Your sense of humour, as always, Joanne, is incorrigible.

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Some speculation to speculate on before the new girls ...

have their first *date* with the speculum.

Ooooh that was baaad. I'm proud of myself.

IMHO, that this is only 100 soon to be ex-boys and is the one or one of few small programs like it is logical if Phoenix will do as claimed, create fertile women who will produce viable female children. Think of it as a pilot program, a small scale real world test. The next step up from lab expermentaion prior to *full scale industrial production*.

A few things are innocent or maybe very important. That they have no windows to look out and that the news may well be filtered, Hum? Add in the very obvious drugging and other hints of mental manipulation, Just to have them adapt better, be more docile,tractable and easier/safer to handle? Or is it more sinister?

I believe the plague is real from what the boy knew before being selected, the news, his parents comments and all.

They have lab proof this treatment will produce women and children immune to the plague. The supposed news broadcast they head and other evidence suggests this. Speculate further, given the desperate state of civilization -- an aging population, an imperfect way to get replacement workers, IE the existing conversion of adolescents to moms who only bear male children. Ideally if science can overcome the plague it would be best if these Phoenix women not only produce female babies but females preferentially a high percentage of the time and a high rate of twins. This would help create the needed labor force/re-population quickly.

Hey even normal pre plague birth ratios would do in a pinch. What I wonder about is one, are the news broadcasts the 100 heard real or faked to manipulate them? Why would they announce Phoenix to the World? I would think that might be an incitement to attack the US of C and A to get the secret, IE attack before the US with its monopoly in successful reproduction can overwhelm those with lesser tech or no tech and ageing/dying population? A diplomatic move, propaganda, happy talk to keep from the public how bad off things are getting, what?

Why the odd message from his/her dad that she now remembers? I wonder, is the method too expensive OR was it very successful in tests, IE cheap, safe, effective and those in power, IE those who had the old reproductive tech fear losing control once the population is cured so are rationing the treatment and selling the new desirable *super breeder women* to the rich and powerful as a bribe to maintain status quo? Money is power and money comes from having control of something scarce/rare and women who produce women are very rare. Is this a power grab?

Did dad suspect this and this odd message was intended to release a deeply imbedded hypnotic command in his child to help her fight the phoenix brain washing? Or a clue to have her get word out to some person who will spill the truth to the public and break the conspiracy to hoard the process? IE if we keep a tight wrap on it we can use this to defeat or enemies, a bit like the US monopoly on the bomb seemed to some? Or am I barking up a conspiracy tree and all we have seen is simply a govt doing what it must and making mistakes. It is best if the new women are happy with their lives, all can agree with that so the people running the program think ANYTHING that makes them happy is good and ANYTHING that upsets them is bad. Thus explaining the brain washing, drugs, isolation etc?

The headaches, reactions to the drugs or evidence of very subtle brain surgery? IE some kind of microsurgery to reinforce the training or drug injections directly into the brain? Signs of fatigue due to brainwashing while drugged?

What's with all the injections in the breast area and testis and stuff yet no notification? Why the urination difficulties, sounds like they surgically relocated his/her urinary tract or it has begun to relocate to a female position on its own. Why so much secrecy and happy pills? They say one thing yet do the opposite. Why the *do not break asepsis* warning on the door? Just to maintain medical quarantine as a *control* to prove the process really works, IE eliminate outside contagion compromising the scientific validity or what? Or simply more ways to isolate the new women until trustworthy?

Could all be well intended but at best its ham-fisted and evidence of a *one-size-fits-all* mentality to this program. At worst its sinister and a attempt at a coup de ta.

Nice to see or heroine may be coming out of her stupor to a degree and may fight back.

The world needs women to produce children, preferably female children but the method is so far leaving them little better than drug happy June Cleavers.

Very subtle plot, Sue. So many possible clues yet which are real, which are red herring, which are neither? You have my interest and my respect for your skills as a story teller.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Did I Miss Something?

Where did you get that idea the the U.S.& C. had a successful cure? I haven't seen any information to that effect here. The presumption is that they're not being totalitarian about it the way the Eastern Bloc is, but surely they have the same problems, and haven't found (or at least publicly admitted to) a way to produce female babies.

There may be different parameters to the treatment there -- or elsewhere in Britain, for that matter; Rebecca's elite group, as several people pointed out, has been "Chosen" for different treatment from the presumably standard operating procedure (no pun intended), possibly at an earlier age.

But from the little world news we know -- and we don't know how accurate that little may be -- the only ones announcing that they're on the way to success (and therefore in danger of invasion if they succeeded and didn't share it) are the British, not the North Americans.

Eric

OMIGOD!!!

More of the plot is revealed and so far it looks like the government has gotten so desperate it would do horrible things to these children. If we ever get to that point, the human race deserves to end.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Possibly a way out?

This mysterious aunt may be a resource that should be used soon, or just someone who can do something about some of the treatments Rebecca is being subjected to. Guess I'll just have to wait and find out as the story unfolds. sigh.

It is clear the the new girls are being both drugged and possibly brainwashed, though the government claims it is all for their own good and hold on sanity through the changes both physical and mental. I have to be a bit skeptical of that one, but for now it kind of holds up. But not completely, or well.

I'm liking this story more and more as it progresses, Sue, and another who is glad that you brought it back.

And now, the serious clues begin...

Bournemouth, not Brighton. An Auntie Connie she does not know, even if her father said she did.

Her father knew that something was going on, but was powerless to even leave an obvious message for his child. It had to be couched cryptically, to be discovered later on. It does not seem to me that Rebecca is expected to contact the true Aunt Connie, for she does not even know the woman. Rather, there is some bit of knowledge that Rebecca must put together with her father's misspeak to arrive at a proper course of action. I would say that the whole problem with Indo-China (the reporting thereof, not the reality) has been manufactured and is an elaborate plot to keep Rebecca from talking to parents fully capable of communicating with her.

It is clear that enormous resources are being expended on these girls. Every single one of them will have an individualized approach to making them over, up to and including a wholely constructed external "reality" to provide cover while the process continues. Still, some small amount of the real world must be allowed, depending on circumstances for each girl. And specialized information that could be all-encompassing, such as the troubles with Indo-China, must either be the internal reality for all the girls, or presented in such a way as to dissuade the girls from sharing with each other. Of course, there may really be problems in that part of the world, but that would be awfully convenient.

Rebecca has only one weapon with which to fight back: subtlety to match the ones who are running the school. As long as she does not let on about her misgivings she can make careful inquiries to discover exactly what is going on. Whether there will be anything she can do about it...well, that remains to be seen.

SuZie

SuZie

Good Story

I have really enjoyed the whole story - the intrigue, the mystery, etc. Very well written. I look forward to the unfolding story. Thank you for writing it. Please keep up the good work.

What happens to the girls?

If this new experiment fails?

Do they become green biscuits?

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Soylent Green

Yea, I saw that movie and some of this is George orwell 1984 (I think 1984 has come to pass more quietly then even he could imagine). I think true patriots question authority and if some one says I have all the answers run fast. Rebecca has the right Idea don't let them know what you are thinking.
Love and Hugs Hanna
girl_and_her_coffee3.jpg

Love And Hugs Hanna
((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))
Blessed Be
2889.jpg

This certainly is strange

This certainly is strange information. They plan to be ready in five years to produce new girls? What does that mean? Those force femmed boys won't be real girls but eunuchs with boobs? Until now I figured they had some way to make them able to conceive...

I really don't get why they do this extensive brainwashing. I mean getting them to accept girlhood is one thing, but making them useless for anything but being a breeding chamber? This is quite creepy and I don't really understand why it is happening this way.

These are all upper class kids, so I really don't understand why it is done to them. Normally you'd take some orphans of the street and not children in a posh high class bording school.

thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi

The First Casualty

Daphne Xu's picture

... of war is the truth.

The author by now is slipping in rather blatant indications that there's something very phony, very Orwellian going on. The involved "Animal Magnetism, Hypnotism, and so forth" might not be much worse military indoctrination, or childrearing indoctrination -- or it might be worse, especially if they use mind-controlling drugs.

They really did something to David's mind, to change it so quickly.

Right near the end, it's become blatant. Newscast: "The real hope is that girls will start to be produced within the next five years if not sooner."

Rebecca's memory is definitely better than mine. I had to go back and search for Dad's order (in part 2) to call "Auntie Connie". Too bad that he didn't make that call.

what is with that nightmare of Mom and Dad, destroying documents in the face of gunfire outside? Was it generated by the school? Or did something telepathic happen?

-- Daphne Xu