Cynthia and the High School Years - Part 1, Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version
Cynthia and the High School Years — Part 1
Chapter 1

By Portia Bennett

Before we seriously get into Cindy’s high school years, we have to lay some background. We’re going to meet some of Cindy and Bobbie’s friends. They won’t all be magical; however, they are very important. Just how important will take many years to resolve. Part 1 addresses the first three years of High School. We will discover there are some mysteries that will not be resolved immediately, either. Cindy and Bobbie have matured greatly over the summer, and have become real head turners. Something else very important is going to happen. They are going to find romance. Cindy is a bit surprised the direction her romance takes; however, no one is prepared, (with the exception of The Wizard), for how the romance is terminated.


 

If you haven’t read the previous stories about Cindy and how she arrived where she is now, you should probably read them. Start with “An Incremental Journey”, “Cynthia and the Reluctant Girlfriend”, “Cynthia and the Dumpster Diver”, and “Cynthia and the Moment of Truth.” “Cynthia and the Christmas Gift” is looked at from a slightly different perspective in this story. There are some interesting revelations of what went on behind the scenes.

This story is a bit longer than the previous ones in this series. It is 13 chapters and 34,000 words long. The High School Years, Part 2 is partly written, but no where near ready to post.

I have researched the Spell’s—R-Us Universe diligently and cannot find anything that violates it, other than that The Wizard is a bit kinder and gentler than sometimes reported. Don’t get me wrong. Given an opening, The Wizard could resort to some of his more ironic and nasty transformations. I’m sure that could happen at any time. In fact, this just might be the time.

Once again, Holly has taken time out of her busy and hectic schedule to correct my many and grievous errors. Thank you so much!

This work is copyrighted by the author and any publication or distribution without the written consent of the author is strictly prohibited. This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance of the characters to persons living or dead is coincidental.


 

Cynthia and the High School Years, Part 1

 

Chapter 1

Cindy was in one of her contemplative moods. She had been forcibly abducted a few weeks before by a very evil, depraved individual; but thanks to her friends and The Wizard, she was no worse for having gone through the ordeal. In fact, she’d learned many important things from the ordeal. What had been a very traumatic experience hadn’t had any lasting negative effects on the Lewis’s or Schmedlaps, primarily due to The Wizard affecting a minor spell that smoothed over the effects of the trauma.

Both families had learned some valuable lessons about how vulnerable young people can be, and all of them became a considerably more cautious. The Wizard immediately initiated some training to ensure Cindy and Bobbie learned more about how to recognize auras, especially the bad ones. The Wizard knew this was one of the areas where their strengths lay, and he wanted them to be a proficient as possible.

Since, as far as the rest of the world was concerned the incident had never occurred, there was no notoriety surrounding Cindy or Bobbie about the kidnapping; however, there was some notoriety of another sort.

As their community high school was a four year school, ninth grade was their first year as high school students. The students came from four junior high schools, and there were many new friends and potential friends. Of course, for social protection, the students from each of the schools tended to cluster together with their previous schoolmates, at least for the first few weeks. However, there had been a deliberate attempt by the school administration to mix the various student bodies. It worked out that each class was about 25 percent from each of the junior high schools.

“My God!” Myrna Breckenridge exclaimed the day school started, “The boob fairy must have visited you two twice. Those can’t be real. You had to have stuffed your bras.” Myrna had become a good friend of Cindy and Bobbie over the last few years, and she wasn’t above teasing them when the timing was right.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you Myrna, but Cindy and I are all real. I’m a B, and Cindy’s almost a C. I guess we’ve been pretty lucky. We went to the beach last Saturday and a bunch of college guys tried to pick us up. They didn’t believe us when we told them we were only 14. They called us jailbait. I loved it. I think Cindy did, too, didn’t you, Cindy?”

“Yeah, it was cool. I think a couple of the boys got ‘woodies’ while they checked us out. A couple of them were pretty good looking.”

“What, the woodies?” Myrna laughed.

“No, the boys, you idiot,” Cindy fired back defensively, flushing a bit. She thought about how the two families had joined for a trip to a pleasant beach on the sound south of where they lived. It had been a fun weekend, and a pleasant way to end the summer.

Cindy had been wearing her new two-piece suit, one that had taken more than a little convincing of her mother before she was allowed to get it. Based on current standards, both her and Bobbie’s suits were definitely revealing, but not to the extent of some of the thongs and barely nipple covering outfits some other beach-goers were wearing.

The two fourteen year olds definitely caught the attention of many of the male beach-goers; however they were a bit overshadowed by Cindy’s mother, whose spectacular figure and beautiful natural blonde hair definitely caught the eye of many. When Cindy had come forward with the suit she wanted to wear, and had convinced her mother that it was alright, the next thing Cindy knew, her mother was buying a similar suit. “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em,” she laughed.

Some of the more conservative beach-goers had made some disparaging remarks about the well endowed mother with the well toned figure. Stan Lewis had picked up some of the disapproving glares and half-whispered comments and all he could think was, ‘Eat your hearts out.’

***********************

Being freshmen in a school of nearly 3,000 students was somewhat intimidating. Cindy didn’t like to think back to the previous time she’d gone to high school. It hadn’t been a very pleasant experience, and she knew that most of the reason for it rested on her shoulders. She determined she would make this time much more pleasant, and she found she didn’t really have to try. She fit in, and the best thing was she loved herself. It wasn’t an egotism thing; it was just that she knew she belonged where she was, the way she was.

High school was a time of many decisions. Being an apprentice witch was fun, but serious business; however, there was going to be much more than magic to strive for in her adult life. Magic would be there when she needed it, and she knew it was important. The thing was, what would she do in her adult life? She’d had a bachelor’s and master’s degrees in business management, and although there was no paper to confirm that, the knowledge was there. She could always rely on that. She needed to expand her education and she felt she wanted to do something to help others, even though the final decision was going to be many years in the future. What she needed to do was do the best possible in all things so that the options would remain open for her.

****************************

The autumn weather had been very pleasant for the last few days; however, this was the time of year when good weather was usually the portent of nasty weather to come. Having finished lunch, Cindy was sitting at one of the outdoor picnic tables, just enjoying it while it lasted. Her reverie was interrupted by someone’s approaching.

She looked up as a shadow crossed her face.

“Well, hi Babe, I think it’s time that you and me got acquainted.”

“That should be ‘you and I’ not ‘you and me’ and if that’s your idea of a good pickup line, you need to reassess.”

“Well you got the picture. They said you was pretty smart as well as good looking.”

“So, what do you want besides English lessons, uh, Mr. ….”

“I’m Dave, Dave Growell. I’m the best athlete in the school. You and me should get acquainted, being as you’re as good lookin’ as you are. Besides, that hot body of yours is just beggin’ to be tried out and I’m just the guy to do it for you.”

Cindy knew darn well who Dave Growell was, and so far, finally meeting him had done nothing to improve her opinion of him. He had already hit on several of her friends, including Bobbie. From everything she had heard, and it was now being supported, his opinion of his athletic ability was exceeded only by his opinion of himself as a lady’s man. She knew he was a jock; however, no one in her circle had come forward to say anything about his prowess as a lover.

Dave was 16, and a junior. His parents were members of the country club that Cindy and Bobbie’s parents had recently joined. He had to know that Cindy was a freshman and only 14. Wondering why he would be hitting on 14 year olds rather than girls his own age, Cindy thought it might be time to test some of her newly developed skills.

“Dave, have a seat. We have a little time before the lunch period is over. I need to tell you something, and you won’t ever be able to repeat what I’m telling you unless I let you.”

“Sure, like you have any control over me. Once you find out what a real man is, you will be beggin’ me for whatever I can do for you.” His bravado was building.

“Dave, you’re a big phony. Tell me, and you have to tell me the truth, how many women or girls have you slept with or made love to? I guess in your vernacular, that would be ‘fucked’.”

“Well Cindy Babe, you have a treat in store for you, there have been dozens, and every one more grateful than the other.”

“Tell me the truth, Dave. I won’t tell the world.”

“Well, doz, er doz ….”

“Tell me the truth, Dave.”

“Er, none.”

“Speak up, Dave. How many?”

“None.”

“So, you thought you would try to seduce a fourteen year old girl so that you could brag to your friends about it. Is that what you wanted to do?”

“Er, yes.”

“That certainly isn’t very admirable. Well there are some new rules in effect from now on. You will never be able to lie to a woman, or anyone else for that matter, about your sexual conquests. You will never be able to express affection for someone unless it’s the truth.

“Now, tell me why you want to get to know me. Tell me that you are a great lover and that I will appreciate your skills as a lover. Tell me that you love me. There’s no one around to hear you. I just want to hear how you intend to make me fall into your arms.”

Dave was very confused. He had been rejected many times, but no one had ever talked to him that way. There seemed to be something compelling him to speak.

“Uh, you’re real good looking and have nice tits. I want to fuck you because my friends would stop bothering me about being a virgin.

“Oh my God, what did I just say?”

“You told me the truth. It’s not a very good line though. Okay, here’s the way it is. When you speak to a woman, and have the intentions you have, it is always going to come out the truth. You need to find someone you like, someone who is a bit closer to you in age. Get to know her, let her get to know you. When the time is right, she will let you know. You won’t have to lie to her because it will be the truth.

“David, you won’t be able to tell anybody, but I’m a witch, and so are some of my friends. This little spell I’ve put on you won’t mess up your life; in fact, it should help. You have some good athletic skills, but there is a lot more to life than being a basketball player, and you will never be good enough to go to the pros. You are going to have to do a bit better academically if you want to succeed. Your command of the English language is atrocious. So, you need some help.

“Patty Breckenridge is the sister of a friend of mine and she is in your class. She is an A student and could really be a help for you. She has tutored other students in English before. I am going to be honest with you; in fact, I will always be honest with you. Patty has had a crush on you for a long time. I’m not sure I know why; however, she’s very nice, and cute in a plain sort of way. You never know what might happen if you treat her nicely.”

“Sheesh, ‘Flatty’ Patty? Why would I want to be around her?”

“David, you have a lot to learn. It’s what’s between the ears that matters, not what’s in her bra. I’m not telling you to date her or anything like that. I’m saying you need help, and she might just be the person to do it. The fact that she thinks she likes you just might help, especially if you are nice to her.

“If you’re not nice to her, I can do some things that you might find very unpleasant. I don’t think you will want to find out what they might be. Let’s just say I could be your worst nightmare.”

Cindy knew she would never use magic in a revengeful way. She would only use it for positive results. She felt David was not beyond redemption, but if things really got bad, there was always The Wizard. He always came up with some interesting solutions for anyone who mistreated women.

Any doubts Cindy had about her giving David a nudge toward Patty Breckenridge were alleviated within a few weeks. David started meeting Patty in the library during their free period. By the time Christmas break came, she was wearing his letterman’s jacket. His improved grades helped get him into the same university where Patty went. He became known as the ‘Sixth Man’ on the basketball team, and helped take his team to The Final Four twice. Patty and David would have four children.

**************************

Well, the big adventure has started. In the next chapter, we will learn a bit more about Myrna Breckenridge and her family. We go back a few years to where Bobbie insists that she and Cindy have slumber parties. After all, what better way is there for two girls to learn about other girls and the mystery of sex?

up
103 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cynthia and the High School Years - Part 1, Chapter 1

Well, nice to see Cindy helping other students, and I can appreciate her dad's comment as he and I have the same name. But will Cindy need his advice in the future, or her mom's?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Marissa and Cindy

littlerocksilver's picture

Cindy has a great deal of respect for her mother's counsel.

:) Portia

Portia

Lair, Liar!

laika's picture

That was just too funny. A braggart's worst nightmare. I liked the little flashforward showing that being forced to 'get real'
was the best thing that could have happened to David, and for all the potential victims of his selfishness + deceitfulness,
who without Cindy's intervention probably would have been quite a few. Great to see Cindy and Bobbie and Wizzie
(BTW he hates that nickname, so don't say it to his face Portia...) back in action!
~~~hugs, Laika

.
(Myrna Breckinridge? Groan...)

The Truth Doesn't Always Hurt

littlerocksilver's picture

We will learn a bit more about David's conversion in a later chapter. No good deed goes unnoticed, and Myrna (You are right about her name, but other than that, there is no connection. I wonder how many will notice?) is a sharp cookie.

Portia

Portia

Gore Vidal...

Andrea Lena's picture

...Rex Reed...Raquel Welch...Mae West? Yep...but I'm more interested in your girl and her foray into the wonderful experience of slumber parties, yes? I'm glad she set that boy straight. David is a legend in his own mind, as they say! Thanks for an entertaining evening!


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Slumber Parties

littlerocksilver's picture

I think Rex Reed and many others said that that was probably the worst movie ever created. I read the book. I didn't see the movie.

There were probably many slumber parties; however, we will deal with only one, and that is in the next chapter.

Portia

Portia

Now Cindy has a power that

Now Cindy has a power that would be most helpful to many women, as you would be able to get an honest and truthful answer to any comments by guys. Where do I sign up? :) Jan

Cindy's Power

littlerocksilver's picture

Cindy and Bobbie will find that their powers of persuassion will be very important. Fortunately, they have some excellent moral values.

Portia

Portia

I feel sorry for David.

I feel sorry for David. Considering he's still a virgin he doesn't seem to be a too bad sort. I mean he's a teenage guy under a killer dosis of hormones with a bad socialisation. I think that bad comeon's aren't the worst outcome by far. I think being more interested in boobs than in brains is natural for him, although maybe he doesn't need to learn the consequences of that the hard way now.

When I read this first I wondered if this was the standart macho, I've bagged like 20 girls already and you're the next mark thing, but the end was rather funny if a bit sad for David. I don't know if Cindys truth spell wasn't just cruelty though. I mean he is a teenage boy and I doubt most girls want to hear his primary objective (I doubt it would be much different with other guys). I hope she hasn't destroyed his chances to ever get a girlfriend with her little geas.

Thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi

These stories are awesome. I read them in a marathon read.

WillowD's picture

I read this story a few weeks ago. In fact, I wound up doing a marathon read of almost all of the Cynthia Chronicle stories over two weeks. Now that I have an account I'm going back and adding kudos and comments. These stories are awesome. I was reading these stories in order. As this was the fifth one, I was well into a sleep deprived week because I kept staying up late to read JUST one more chapter. *snerk* Thank you littlerocksilver.