Sarah Carerra - 1.15 - Boy Trouble

Printer-friendly version
I was silent for a moment. I think everyone in the room knew what had just happened, but I certainly didn't want to talk about it. My dad gave me an expression that seemed to say this was something I should not talk to him about. I would have to talk to Mom later or wait for my next session with Mary.

Sarah Carerra
Chapter 15 - Boy Trouble
by Megan Campbell
Copyright  ©2009 Megan Campbell
Released: December 28, 2009

Editor Note: The images used for this story were purchased and used under royalty-free license* from Istockphoto.com . ~Sephrena

Author Note: Please email me at AngelJediGirl (at) gmail (dot) com before posting this story to any other site. Posting to a pay site is prohibited.

Comments and suggestions are also welcome at the above email address.

*  *  *

Chapter 15 - Boy Trouble

The next morning found me dreading my Sarah Carerra life. I knew that going to the Tween Awards with Josh Holliday was a good thing for my career, but it still scared me to death!

I mean, Josh Holliday!

Now I had to spend the whole afternoon getting dolled up and then I had to be escorted down a red carpet. It was exciting, but scary at the same time.

Julia and a make-up artist were supposed to come by the house around three, and Josh was supposed to pick me up at five.

Until then I was stuck trying to find something to do to pass the time. Emily was off with her family somewhere, and I hadn't been able to get a hold of Ethan.

Instead, I had settled on the couch, watching E! They were talking about what to expect at the Tween Awards this evening. I felt it would only be in my best interest to have a better understanding of the evening's event.

When the doorbell rang, I walked over to the door and opened it without a second thought.

Johnny was standing on our front porch! And I was dressed as Megan!

He looked about as shocked as I felt!

"Brett?" he asked.

"No," I explained. "I'm Megan."

He looked confused. I was pretty sure that I was easily identifiable as Megan. There was no way that he would believe I suddenly had an identical twin sister or something. I didn't know what to say.

"Brett?" he asked again. He still looked confused.

I sighed. There wasn't any way I would be able to convince him I wasn't Brett. "What do you want, Johnny?"

"I knew it!" he exclaimed, the confusion leaving his face. "What are you doing dressed as a girl? Who's Megan?"

"It's a long story," I told him. "What do you want?"

"No, wait, I gotta hear this. Tell me!"

I started to close the door on him. I wasn't ready to explain myself to anyone else!
"Okay, okay," he said while sticking his foot in the door to prevent it from closing. "You don't have to tell me."

"What do you want?!" I asked him again. I tried to put some menace in my voice.

"Sorry, sorry," he said, pulling his foot out while I opened the door again. "I uh, I was hoping that you were able to get Sarah's number from your dad."

"I told you I wasn't going to do that!" I said, more than a little irritated.

"Come on," he whined. "I need your help."

"With what?" my dad asked from behind me. I hadn't heard him approach, and his question made me jump.

"Sorry," Dad apologized for scaring me. "What does Johnny need your help with?"

I was suddenly glad that Dad was there.

"Nothing, sir," Johnny said. He looked very anxious now. I could tell that he didn't want to leave without Sarah's number, but he didn't want to stay with my dad standing there.

"He wants me to help him get Sarah's number," I told my dad. Johnny glared at me. I hoped I hadn't just made an enemy, but I really didn't want to deal with this any more.

"Johnny," Dad said while glaring at him. "Megan knows better than to give out my clients' information."

Johnny's shoulders sagged. I think he started to realize that he wasn't going to get Sarah's number from us.

"Frankly," Dad continued. "I think it would be wise if you stayed away from Sarah anyway."

"I wish I could, Mr. Campbell," Johnny said. "But she's so amazing!"

"You don't even know her!" I exclaimed.

Johnny looked at me oddly, and I was scared I had given something away.

"She's right," Dad stated. "You only met her for a moment..."

"A moment was enough!" Johnny interrupted.

"Look," Dad continued. "I know your dad, and I know you're a nice kid. But the last thing Sarah needs right now is a boyfriend."

"Shouldn't she make that decision?" Johnny asked him.

Dad glanced at me quickly. "I'm pretty sure I know her wishes on this subject for now."

For now? Did Dad just imply that he thought I may want a boyfriend in the future? Did I want a boyfriend in the future?

I was so engrossed in that thought that I missed whatever my dad said next. By the time I heard the conversation again, Johnny was leaving.

"See you later, Brett, Megan, whatever," he said with a sly grin that I did not like. We had upset him, and he knew a potentially harmful secret about me.

"Bye, Johnny," I told him kindly. "I'm sorry."

He nodded, whether he believed me or not, and walked toward his car. I closed the front door.

"That boy is trouble, Megan," my dad felt obligated to tell me, as if I didn't already know.

"I know, Dad," I replied. "It's not like I want him hanging around, you know."

"I know, Princess. Just be careful."

"I will," I replied with a grimace.

*  *  *

Julia arrived with another woman just before three.

"Hi, Sarah," she said when I opened our front door and let the two of them in.

She pointed at the other woman with her. She was also gorgeous and in her mid-20s, with her dark hair pulled back into a ponytail, and her makeup was exquisite.

"This is Stephanie," Julia said. "She's going to be your personal makeup artist when you use the services of Aphrodite Image Consulting."

Stephanie smiled. My first impression of her was that she seemed to be just as nice as Julia.

"She knows your secret," Julia continued to explain, causing me some trepidation. "But she's bound by the same non-disclosure agreement your dad had me sign."

That made me feel better, but I was still upset that another person knew my secret.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sarah," Stephanie said. Her smile was encouraging, at least.

"Come on, let's get started," Julia said, and I led them down the hall to Sarah's room.

*  *  *

I didn't think that it would take very long to get ready, but I was wrong. I had already put the wig on before Julia and Stephanie had arrived. I figured it wouldn't take too long to put on the little black dress we'd purchased earlier, add some makeup, and head out the door.

Julia and Stephanie argued about nearly every little thing, which made everything take longer. Hose or no hose, what kind of jewelry, it was all up for debate between the two. In the end I ended up with bare legs, a small gold pendant, and a matching set of bangles.

Then came the argument about makeup. Stephanie wanted me to have dark smoky eyes like I had been given for the photo shoot the day before. Julia thought that kind of makeup would make me look too grown up for a tween awards show.

I think the only reason I ended up with the smoky eyes was because I had agreed with Stephanie. It was something about the client's wishes swaying Julia's decision.

It was nearly two hours later by the time I was ready and they had left.

I was sitting in Sarah's room with the TV on, watching more coverage about the Tween Awards when I heard the doorbell ring.

My anxiety went through the roof. Intellectually I knew that this wasn't a real date, but emotionally it felt like the exact opposite!

I nervously sat on the couch, like my dad had told me to do. He wanted to talk to Josh first apparently. After a long moment there was a knock on the door.

"Sarah?" Dad asked while he opened the door. I stood up from the couch and walked toward the door.

"Yes?" I responded. Dad came in, followed by Josh Holliday! I suddenly had the same feelings rush through me that I had felt when I met Daren Stockard!

I hoped I didn't look too awestruck, but the amused look on my dad's face seemed to indicate otherwise.

Dad chuckled lightly before speaking. "Josh Holliday, meet Sarah Carerra. Sarah, this is Josh."

Josh had a slightly goofy smile on his face as he extended his hand. I had the feeling that I must be acting like any other teenage girl whom he had met. "Pleased to meet you, Sarah."

With an embarrassed smile of my own, I took his hand. "It's nice to meet you," I was finally able to say.

"You look stunning," he continued. I blushed again.

"You look really good too," I told him. And he did. He was wearing a really nice dark fitted suit with a dark button up shirt. The top two buttons were left undone, leaving a small glimpse of his tanned chest visible.

The taste of lipstick surprised me, and I was confused until I realized I had been licking my lips! I'd never looked at guys that way before! I'd never had these feelings before! The shocked look on Dad's face didn't help either!

I was silent for a moment. I think everyone in the room knew what had just happened, but I certainly didn't want to talk about it. My dad gave me an expression that seemed to say this was something I should not talk to him about. I would have to talk to Mom later or wait for my next session with Mary.

After a moment of silence, it was Josh who spoke up.

"We'd better get going," he said.

Dad nodded at us, a grim expression on his face. I wished I could comfort him, but I was just as surprised as he was at what had happened.

"You two have a good night, okay?" Dad said while we walked down the hall toward the front door.

"We will," Josh said, but there was something in his tone I didn't like.

Apparently my dad had heard it too. When we reached the stretch limo that was parked out front and I had slipped in, I heard my dad say something else to Josh.

"Josh," he said in a fatherly tone. "Sarah's a good girl. Treat her like she's my own daughter and we won't have any problems, understand?"

I heard myself choke on his words long before I felt it.

"I will, Mr. Campbell," Josh said. "You have my word."

I don't think his promise satisfied either my dad or me.

*  *  *

Chapter 16 - Holliday Dinner
Coming Soon...
up
245 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Megan... no... Brett... no... Sarah... no... Megan...

Andrea Lena's picture

...this whole experience has to be confusing for him/her/her, but one thing seems to be happening....The taste of lipstick surprised me, and I was confused until I realized I had been licking my lips! I'd never looked at guys that way before! I'd never had these feelings before! The shocked look on Dad's face didn't help either! This story keeps getting better and better, and I'm so glad you've given us this gem! Thank you!


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Oh Boy ....

... and boy.

Megan is being badgered from so many fronts. School, career, Johnny (ugh!) and now a sex hungry 'star'.

I sit realizing how nice to be pretty anonymous. Though I have to go back to work looking for a full-time job, now that the holidays are almost over.

Awww man.

Anyway, I really look forward to reading this though I am on pins and needles in empathy for your character.

Kim

Josh may be one of those

Josh may be one of those "Stars" that believe that they are allowed to do anything to anyone because of their "star status". I do hope I am wrong about this, but I feel Sarah is going be fending off an octopus right after the awards are done. He heard Megan's Dad, but also did not hear him, if you get my meaning. He thinks Sarah is "fair game" and he is the hunter. Johnny is just a jerk, but he has certain knowledge that can definitely hurt Brett/Megan/Sarah later if he chooses to use it against Brett/Megan. He just might try to blackmail Brett to get him to "fess up" Sarah's phone number. Jan

Watch out for Johnny.

Johnny has been jilted by Brett/Megan to get something he wants very badly. I know the type. Usually they strike back like a lioness in waiting. As for whether or not the promise to treat Sarah with respect satisfied either Sarah or her father is not what is important, what is important is will Josh actually abide by what he said. Hmmm, this just gets better and better all the time.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Simple

No doubt Johnny will try to blackmail Megan into giving Sarah's number to him.

I doubt that will work. Brett will sooner transition now that it is end of term then to fall for that kind of bullying.

Kim

Sarah Carerra-15

Brett has to walk a tightrope of monumental proportions. Hopefully dad will send escorts to ensure his child's safety. Just one peak and the secret is out.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

awesome story!

This story has turned out to have a bit of everything...humor,drama,anxiety...I've really been impressed and can't wait for the next chapters to unfold!

(Elizabeth) Marie