You Have it All Wrong Two - Part 19

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Two

Amy's Story

By SaraUK

Part 19


 

    Amy and Ann were both being half hugged, and half held by Chrissy and Mandy, as Becky started to speak.

    "I have some bad news about Amber." Becky said.

    "Oh god no, please no she can't be." Amy said, as she put her hands up to her face.

    "Amy, Amy. She's not dead, but she is in hospital though." Becky said, as she tried to stop Amy going into a fit.

    Chrissy was soon pulling Amy into a hug, as she cried. Ann was shocked to hear the news, but glad that she wasn't being told Amber was dead.

    "Oh god, what happened?" Ann asked close to tears.

    "We don't know much at the minute. Carla got a call from Claire just after midnight saying that they got home from the cinema to find the front door open, and then they found Amber in the living room unconscious and badly beaten." Becky said with tears in her eyes. "They seem to think she walked in on a burglar." Becky added.

    "How could someone break in without setting the alarm off, or the Security Company knowing about it?" Ann snapped, as she got angry at the thought of someone hurting her friend.

    "Like I said Ann, we have very little information at the minute, but Carl is having the jet got ready to take you up to be with her." Becky said, as she stood up and walked around the bed to help Mandy get Ann dressed.

    "Will you help me to get ready too Chrissy?" Amy said, as she threw back the covers and slid out of bed with Chrissy's help.

    "You're not coming Amy." Ann said in a firm voice.

    "What! How can you say that to me? Amber is my friend too you know!" Amy shouted, as she walked over to where Ann was stood. "I'd like to see you try and stop me coming with you sis." Amy added, as she went nose to nose with her sister.

    "You're going to stay here, even if I have to tie you to the bed." Ann said looking back at Amy with the same stern look.

    "Why won't you let me come with you sis?" Amy said, as the look changed from anger to hurt.

    "If the story makes it into the local news, and they give Amber's name out. Mum and dad will go to the hospital to see if I turn up." Ann said, as she wrapped her arms around Amy to hug her. "The last thing I need right now is you being beat up as well. I know you're going to be safe here, and I'll let you know just as soon as I find anything out." Ann added, as she squeezed her baby sister even tighter.

    Part of Amy wanted to argue with Ann, but another part knew she was right, and her mum and dad would be there. If they found out it was Amber.

    "Okay sis, I understand, but I don't like it." Amy said, as she let Ann hug her.

    "I know baby sister, but I can't risk you getting hurt as well." Ann said, with tears running down her cheeks.

    "Come on Amy, let's go down and make a drink. I think we could all use one right now." Chrissy said, as she wrapped an arm around Amy's waist, and led her down to the kitchen, so Mandy could help Ann finish getting dressed.

    Becky went with Chrissy and Amy, as she didn't think Ann needed her and Mandy to help her dress.

    They found Brad sat in the kitchen waiting for Becky and Ann to finish getting ready to leave.

    "Hi Brad." Chrissy and Amy said, as they entered the kitchen, and saw him sat at the table.

    "Hi Girls, I'm really sorry to hear about Amber." Brad said, as he stood up, and pulled both girls into a hug with him.

    "Thanks Brad." Amy said, as she cuddled into his chest. "Will you be travelling up to see Amber with Ann?" Amy asked.

    "No, I'm just running Becky around for Carla and Vicky, so they could go and change back to their male selves." Brad said.

    "Do you have to go back to the club then baby?" Chrissy asked Becky.

    "I'm afraid so lover. I have to look after the place with Carl and Vic gone, but I'll still have Brad and Frank to watch my back." Becky said with a grin, as she looked up at Brad, as he hugged the two girls.

    "I swear if I ever get hold of the scum that hurt Amber, I'll rip him apart with my bare hands." Brad said with anger in his voice.

    Chrissy set about making a pot of tea once Brad released her and Becky helped Brad lead Amy over to the kitchen table, so she could sit down. They could both see that Amy was still in shock.

    "How you doing Amy?" Becky asked, as she sat down next to her.

    "I just feel scared and useless right now Becky." Amy said, with tears running down her face.

    "You're just in shock Amy, so just have a good cry, and get it out your system." Becky said, as she wrapped her arm around her.

    Chrissy was soon putting a pot of tea on the table, and sorting them all out with a cup.

    "Thanks Chrissy." Brad said when she passed him a cup of tea. "How are you holding up to all this?" Brad asked looking worried for them all.

    "I'm still finding it hard to believe that someone broke in, and then beat Amber up. How could anyone do that to Amber?" Chrissy asked, getting angry.

    "That's the best way to deal with it Chrissy." Brad said, as he helped her to take a seat on the other side of Amy to what Becky was sat.

    Brad turned to look at the kitchen door when he heard Mandy speaking, as she entered the kitchen. He jumped up and ran over to hug Ann when he saw her enter the room just in front of Mandy.

    "How you doing babe?" Brad asked, as he wrapped his large arms around her, and lifted her off the ground in a hug.

    "I'm really bloody angry, and upset all at the same time." Ann said, as she rested her head on Brad's shoulder, as he held her a foot above the ground. "I'm really glad to see you here though." Ann added as she lifted her head to look him right in the eyes.

    "I know just how you feel babe. I think we all feel the same way." Brad said, as he put Ann back down, so she could sit and have a cup of tea before they left to return to the club.

    "Do we really have time to do this?" Ann asked, as she watched Chrissy pour her and Mandy a cup out.

    "Yes we do, and I think you could really use something to help calm you down a little." Becky said, as she lifted the cup up to Ann's lips.

    Ann just gave a week smile, as she saw how bossy Becky could be. "Yes mum." Ann said with a little giggle.

    "Force of habit with running the club." Becky said with a little giggle.

    "I think you make a great boss Becky, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise." Ann smiled, as she held the mug, and took little sips from it. "Will you be travelling up with me Brad?" Ann asked.

    "I'm sorry babe, but I need to help Becky run the club, and then make sure everything is locked up at the end on the night." Brad said with a sad look.

    "I understand lover." Ann said with a sad look, as she pattered Brad's knee.

    "You're in safe hands with Carl and Vic, so I won't have to worry about you, even thought I still will." Brad said with a smile. "I get to earn brownie points running the boss around anyway." Brad added with a grin, as he looked at Becky.

    "If it wasn't for the fact I know you don't fit the type of person Becky goes for, I'd be really worried about that comment." Ann said with a grin, as she looked at Brad, then looked at Chrissy, who was cuddling with Amy.

    "Nothing against you Brad, but you're really not my type." Becky said with a giggle, as she also looked at Chrissy.

    "None taken boss, and even if you did try and come on to me, I could never do anything to hurt Chrissy." Brad said with is hand on his heart.

    "Thanks Brad, that's really sweet of you." Chrissy said in a sweet way.

    "Ann and I wouldn't be together now if it wasn't for you Chrissy, so I still think I owe you big time for that." Brad said with a grin, as he wrapped his arm around Ann's waist.

    "Just seeing you two together is thanks enough for me." Chrissy said with a smile.

    Ann and Amy were both feeling a little calmer now the initial shock of being told the bad news had warn off a little, but they were still really angry with who ever hurt Amber.

    "We better see about getting you back to the club, Carl and Vic will be waiting for you." Becky said, as she looked at Ann.

    "Okay then, let's get going." Ann said, as she let Brad help her stand up.

    Mandy, Chrissy and Amy all stood and watched Ann, Becky and Brad get in one of the clubs car's, and then waved as they drove off out the drive. The girls returned to the kitchen for another cup of tea, and then they went back to bed. Mandy and Chrissy knew that Amy shouldn't be left alone, so they pulled her into Mandy's room with them.

    "Are you sure about this you two?" Amy asked, as she was being pulling into bed by Chrissy.

    "Yes we are, so get in here now!" Chrissy said in a firm voice.

    Amy smiled, and then slid into the bed between them both, and was soon cuddled up and falling asleep again.

    Brad parked the car around the side of the club, and then walked the girl's back around to the front, and then entered the club, so they could find Carl and Vic. As soon as Carl and Vic saw Ann, they walked over and gave her a hug.

    "How are you doing Ann?" Carl asked sounding really worried.

    "I've been better Carl, but I want to thank you for doing all this for me." Ann said with a week smile.

    "No need to thank me Ann. Amber is family, and I want you to be there for her." Carl said, as he hugged her again. "I thought Amy would have been with you." Carl asked looking puzzled.

    "She wanted to come with me, but I don't think it's safe for her up there. If mum and dad find out Amber is in hospital, they will come looking for me, and I can't deal with seeing two people I care about getting hurt." Ann said with a pained look.

    "You have a good point there Ann, I hadn't thought about that." Carl said with a surprised look on his face. "Shall we get going then?" Carl asked, as he waved his arm towards the exit.

    Brad and Becky walked them all to the exit, where someone had brought Vic's car round for him. Then they both watched as Vic, Ann and Carl all drove away.

    "I really hope she pulls through okay." Becky said, as she walked back into the club with Brad by her side.

    "Amber's a fighter Becky, if anyone can pull through, she can." Brad said with a smile, as he kept an eye out for any trouble, while he walked around the club with her.

    Vic parked the car in a hanger next to where the jet was parked, and they all got out. Paul and Mark were stood waiting by the jet, and they both helped Ann get on before letting Carl and Vic onboard.

    "I'm really sorry for pulling you away from other stuff to do this for me." Ann said as she looked at them both with a sad look.

    "Don't be sorry Ann, we're both glad to be able to help." Mark said, as he gave Ann a hug.

    "Yes we're glad to be able to do something to help out, we both really like Amber." Paul said, as he also gave Ann a hug.

    "Thanks guys." Ann said with a tear in her eye. She was amazed at how much everyone was willing to do for her and Amber.

    They were soon in the air, and Vic sorted out making some drinks, and then taking Paul and Mark one before sorting out one for Ann, Carl and himself.

    Ann thought the flight lasted forever before she heard Paul say they were coming in for a landing, so they needed to strap back in.

    Once the plane was on the ground and at a stand still, Mark came back and opened the door for them all to exit the plane.

    "Thanks for everything Mark." Ann said, as she hugged him. "Tell Paul thanks as well, will you?" Ann asked, as she left the plane.

    "I will do Ann, and I hope Amber is okay." Mark said with a worried tone to his voice.

    Ann stepped of the plane with Vic and Carl helping her down the steps. Then Vic led the way over to a black Mercedes that was parked off to the side of where the plane had stopped.

    "How did you manage to get a car left for us at this hour of the morning?" Ann asked, as she looked at her watch and saw it was just after four in the morning.

    "I had it delivered here from one of my other hotels." Carl said, as he opened the rear door for Ann to get in.

    Carl and Vic got in the front, then they headed off to find the hospital that Amber was in. Vic was driving, and the driver that dropped the car off had already programmed the sat nav to direct them straight to the hospital.

    Vic set off, and was soon pulling into one of the car parks outside the hospital. Carl had been told where to find Amber by Claire just before they left the club, so he led the way using the signs on the walls.

    Ann saw Claire stood with two other girls when they turned a corner, so she ran up to Claire and wrapped her arms around her, as they both started crying.

    "I'm sorry Ann, I'm so sorry." Claire said, as she sobbed on Ann's shoulder.

    "Sorry for what Claire?" Ann asked, as she sobbed as well.

    "I let Amber get hurt. I shouldn't have gone out with the other girls, and left Amber to get attacked." Claire said.

    "Don't be silly Claire. You had no idea this was going to happen." Ann said, as she broke the hug, and looked Claire in the eyes. "Has there been any more news since Carl last spoke to you?" Ann asked.

    "Not yet, but she was so badly beat that they are still running tests on her at the minute." Ann said looking worried.

    "Has she woken up yet, and said anything?" Carl asked, as he led them all over to some seats.

    "No, she's still unconscious, and they have had to operate on her left hand, as most her fingers had been broken. She also had a broken ankle, and two cracked ribs." Claire said through more tears. "It's the blows to the head that have the doctors worried though. Their worried she may have brain damage." Claire added just before she burst into tears again.

    "Did they get away with much stuff from the house?" Carl asked Claire.

    "We couldn't see as they took anything at all." A brown hared girl said who was stood off to one side with a blond hared girl.

     "I'm sorry, but who are you?" Carl asked, as he looked at the girl.

    "I'm sorry Carl. This is Zoe, and Donna." Claire said, as she pointed at each girl in turn.

    "Hello sir. It's nice to finally meet you, but I wish it was under better circumstances." Zoe said, as she went to shake his hand.

    "So do I, and please call me Carl." Carl said, as he stood up and hugged the girl. "This is Vic, and I guess you worked out that this is Ann sat here with Claire." Carl added, as he broke the hug with Zoe, and then hugged Donna.

    They all did a round of hugs and said hi to each other, then Carl and Vic went to sort out some drinks for them all.

    "They both seem really nice." Donna said, once they were out of earshot.

    "They are both great friends, they are more like a couple of big brothers really." Ann said with a smile. She was glad to have them here to help her right now.

    They soon came back with hot drinks for everyone, then they all sat and waited for news on how Amber was doing. They'd been sat waiting for just over an hour when a doctor came out to talk with them. He asked if they were all there waiting to find out about Amber, and when they said yes, he told them what had happened so far.

    "We've done some test's, and she's not done any permanent damage to her brain that we can see, but she is very badly bruised all over her face, so be prepared for that when you see her later." The doctor said. "We've also fixed all the broken bones as well, but it will be some time before she can use her left hand."

    "Is she awake now then?" Ann asked looking a little hopeful.

    "I'm sorry miss, but she is still unconscious. Head injuries are tricky things, she could wake up in an hour, or it could be weeks before she comes round." The doctor said looking a little sad that he couldn't give them more hope.

    "Thanks Doctor for everything you've done." Ann said, as she held herself up by leaning on Claire.

    "I have a good feeling that she's a fighter, and will be awake in no time." The doctor said before he walked away to get some sleep, as he looked warn out.

    They all smiled when he said that, as they all agreed with him on that point. Amber could be a little stubborn at times.

    It was another twenty minutes before a nurse came and led them to a privet room where Amber had been placed, after Carl made some calls and sorted it out for her to have the best care money could buy.

    "I need to warn you all before you go in, that she doesn't look to good at the minute, but we have her on pain killers. So she's in very little pain right now." The nurse said, as she opened the door to let them all enter the room.

    "Oh god Amber!" Ann screamed, as she saw the mess that her friend was in.

    Claire and the other two girls did pretty much the same thing when they saw her.

    The mess Amber's face was in shocked Carl and Vic, but they kept it together for the sake of the others. They looked at each other with anger in their eyes at how someone could do this to another human being.

    Ann walked up to the bed and looked down at all the casts on Amber's body. She had her left arm in a cast up to her elbow, you couldn't see any of her fingers on that had at all, as they were all under the plaster cast. Her chest was in a cast to protect her broken ribs, and her right leg was in a cast all the way up to her crotch.

    The thing that shocked Ann the most thought was the state of Amber's face, it was all bruised, and very swollen. Ann had to wonder at first if it was really Amber or some other poor person, but she could tell that is was really her best friend still. Even with all the pipes coming out of her arms, mouth and nose.

    Ann sat in a chair next to the bed on Amber's right hand side, and took hold of her hand. None of the others said anything, they all just sat around waiting for Amber to wake up.

    After a couple more hours Carl was just trying to talk Claire and the other girls into heading home to get some rest, when a couple of police officers knocked on the door.

    "I'm really sorry to bother you, but we just need to ask you a couple more questions." One of them asked, as the other one got out a note pad.

    "We'll try to answer them for you officer." Claire said looking worried.

    "Do you know if Amber was having any trouble with anyone at collage?" The officer asked.

    "Not that I'm aware of. Why do you ask?" Claire said looking a little puzzled now. "I thought it was just a break in gone wrong?" Claire added.

    "That's what we thought at first, but there was nothing taken, or disturbed. Other than a couple of draws in the study." The officer said with a puzzled look on his face. "The other thing we find really odd is the fact that there was no sign of a break in, and they never even took Amber's money, even though they took her mobile phone, and tipped her bag out all over the floor." The officer added.

    Carl being good at reading people could tell that the officer still had something puzzling him.

    "What else are you not telling us officer?" Carl asked.

    "I couldn't help but notice the really nice house she lives in, do you know if she was in debt to anyone that might take a dim view to not being paid back on time?" The officer asked.

    "I own the house, and she lives there with these lovely ladies." Carl said in a firm voice, as he didn't like the tone of voice the office had. "I also cover all of Amber's bills and other costs she may have." Carl added.

    "I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean it like that. It's just that I spoke with the doctor just now, and he said that all the fingers on Amber's left hand were broken one at a time." The officer said, as he put his hands up to try and calm Carl down.

    "What are you trying to say officer?" Carl asked looking puzzled now instead of angry.

    "The only time we see that is when people owe money, or they have information that someone wants at any cost." The officer said looking worried.

    "All I can think is they must have got the wrong house then because Amber wouldn't be hanging around anyone like that." Carl said, as he looked at the other's to see if any of them might now the answer to why Amber would be getting beat up.

    "It wouldn't be the first time we've seen them get the wrong house. We've left a police car out side for the time being, as they are still dusting for prints. Please give us a call if you think of anything else." The officer said, as he looked at her partner to see if he'd forgotten anything.

    "Thanks Officer, and I'm sorry for snapping at you just now. It's been a long night." Carl said with a smile, as he held out his hand for the officer to shake.

    "Don't worry about it sir. I don't know how I'd feel if I saw my sister looking like that." The officer said, as he looked at Amber lying in the bed. "Trust me though when I say, we will do everything we can to catch the animal that did this to her." The officer added with a hint of anger in his voice.

    "Thank you, I trust you will." Carl said, when he saw the look the officer had when he said it.

    Once the officers had gone, Carl got back to talking Claire and the other two girls into being taken home by Vic.

    "Let Vic drive you all back to the house, and I'll call as soon as we have some news for you." Carl said, as he hugged Claire, who looked dead on her feet.

    "Are you sure Carl? You and Ann look ready to drop yourselves." Claire said, as she looked at Ann, and then Carl.

    "I don't think Ann will be going anywhere for the time being." Carl said with a week smile, as he looked at Ann, as she sat holding Amber's hand while she watched her face for any sign of her waking up.

    Claire didn't need to answer that, as she could see the worry on Ann's face, and the fact she wouldn't be leaving Amber's side until she woke.

    "Okay Carl, but we'll be back later with some food for you both." Claire said in a stern tone of voice.

    Claire walked over and gave Ann a hug before she left. Zoe and Donna also gave Ann and Carl a hug before they followed Claire out the room with Vic close behind.

    "Call if you need anything Carl, Ann." Vic said, just before he left the room.

    "We will Vic, now go and get some rest. We need at least one of us capable of driving a car later." Carl said with a chuckle.

    Carl looked at the time and saw it was nearly eight am, so he decided to go and call Mandy and the others to let them know what they knew.

    "I'm going to give Mandy a call, to let them know what's going on." Carl said, as he turned and left the room to get some fresh air, and call Mandy on his mobile.

    Mandy was sat at the kitchen table with Amy and Chrissy when her mobile rang. They all took a sharp intake of breath when it did, as they were all worried what the news would be.

    "Hello Carl, how's she doing?" Mandy asked when she saw Carl's name show up on her phone.

    "She's in a bad way, but they think she's going to pull through. We just need to wait and see when she'll wake up now." Carl's voice said.

    "When do they think she'll wake up then Carl?" Mandy asked sounding worried.

    "They said it could be hours, or days. It's really up to how hard Amber is willing to fight." Carl said in a sad voice. "Who ever did it, really went to town on her." Carl added with anger in his voice.

    "How's Ann holding up babe?" Mandy asked, trying to calm Carl down by making him think about other things.

    "She's sat at Amber's side refusing to move until she wakes up." Carl said with a sad chuckle.

    "I thought she'd do that. Just make sure she gets some rest, and you too." Mandy said in a firm voice.

    "Don't worry, I'll make sure she gets a little sleep, even if it's in a chair at Amber's side." Carl said. "I better go and make sure she's okay up there with Amber." Carl added.

    "Okay lover, call if you find out any more news. Bye, bye." Mandy said.

    "I will princess. Bye." Carl said, as he ended the call.

    "How's she doing Mandy?" Amy asked.

    "They seem to think she'll pull through, but she's still asleep at the minute, and they have no idea when she'll wake up." Mandy said in a worried voice. "Carl said it could be hours, or days before she does." Mandy added, as she hugged Amy from one said, while Chrissy hugged her from the other.

    Becky was still in bed, as she didn't get back from the club until just after four am. So they were letting her sleep for a little longer before they called her down for some breakfast with them.

    None of them really felt like eating much, but Amy decided to make French toast, as she knew how much Amber loved learning how to make it when she was stopped with them.

    Chrissy helped out, and they were soon ready to eat. Becky must have smelt the food cooking because she turned up just in time to join them for some.

    "Morning Becky." Mandy and Amy said, as she walked over and gave them both a hug.

    "Morning everyone. How you all holding up?" Becky asked, as she walked around the table and then sat next to Chrissy. "Morning babe." Becky said, as she hugged her wife, and kissed her.

    "Morning baby. You look worn out still." Chrissy said looking worried.

    "I'll be okay later babe. I'll head back to bed once you've left for work." Becky said, as she broke the hug, and then took a couple of slices of French toast off the plate in the middle of the table. "I take it you're still going to work today?" Becky asked.

    "Yes we are, we all need to keep busy, or we'll go mad with worry." Mandy said, as she ate her breakfast.

    Amy and Chrissy were looking forward to getting to the shop so they could keep busy. Mandy was looking forward to getting stuck in to doing something to keep her mind off the thoughts of Amber lying in a hospital bed fighting for her life.

    "Will you be okay on your own lover?" Chrissy asked with some worry in her voice.

    "I'll be fine Baby. Beth is coming to pick me up at two this afternoon, so we can go and sort out some stuff at the club ready for tonight." Becky said, as she sat cuddling with Chrissy.

    "It won't be much longer now before you'll be driving yourself around Becky." Mandy said with a grin.

    "I hope not, but I still have to pass the actual driving test yet Mandy." Becky said trying not to get her hops up.

    "I think you're really good at driving now Becky, the last couple of times I let you drive my car, you seemed really relaxed behind the wheel." Mandy said, as she sat drinking her tea.

    "I'm not sure I'll ever get use to my baby driving a car." Chrissy said, as she looked at Becky.

    "Well you'll have to lover, because I'm going to pass that test, and then I can look at getting myself a car just like Mandy's." Becky said with a grin, as she thought about owning her own BMW.

    "I'm sorry, but we better see about making a move, if we ever plan to get to the shop today." Mandy said with a sad look at Amy and Chrissy.

    Amy was really worried about Amber, so she wasn't saying much, but she was glad to have Chrissy, Becky and Mandy there with her. Amy got up from the table when Mandy helped her to stand.

    "Are you really sure you're up to working today Amy? I'll understand if you want to stay home." Mandy said looking worried at how Amy was acting.

    "I'll be fine Mandy. I really do need to keep busy." Amy said with a week smile, as she let Mandy lead her up stairs, so they could make a start on getting ready for work.

    Becky waved them off at the front door, and then headed back to bed for some more sleep before she needed to get up and get ready for when Beth came for her at two.

    The girls got to the shop and opened up, then they set about getting on with their jobs. Amy was checking the Ebay orders, while Chrissy and Mandy sorted out the orders for the changing service at the hotel. None of them were really feeling like working while their friend was in such a bad way, but they needed to do this just get from one minute to the next.

    Carl had gone back to the room Amber was in after ending the call with Mandy to find Ann asleep with her head resting on the bed next to Amber's hand. She was still holding it while she slept. Carl went and asked a nurse for a blanket so he could cover her up to keep her a little warmer. Then he sat in a second chair that was in the room and covered himself up with a second blanket before closing his eyes and getting some rest too.

    Ann woke again a couple of hours later when a nurse came in to check on Amber.

    "How's she doing?" Ann asked in a sleepy voice, as she tried to wake up fully.

    "I'm sorry if I woke you miss. She's doing as well as can be expected I guess." The nurse said, as she looked at the badly beaten woman lying in the bed in front of her.

    "I wish she'd wake up." Ann said sounding really desperate.

    "I'm sure she'll be awake very soon miss." The nurse said with a warm smile, but not really sure she would or not.

    "I know you don't really know that, but thanks for trying to give me hope." Ann said, as she gave the nurse a week smile back.

    Carl woke when he heard the sound of people talking, then he saw that it was Ann chatting with a nurse he relaxed.

    "Is everything okay?" Carl asked, as he sat up and had a stretch.

    "There's still no change, if that's what you're asking Carl." Ann said sounding sad. "Sorry if I woke you up." Ann added.

    "Don't worry about it Ann." Carl said as he stood up and had a proper stretch. "I need to get some fresh air, why don't you come with me while the nurse finish's what she'd doing?" Carl asked Ann as he held his hand out to her.

    "I don't want to leave Amber's side, but thanks anyway for asking Carl." Ann said, as she held her friend's hand in hers.

    "We'll only be down the hall, and I'm sure the nurse will come and find us if anything happens." Carl said, as he looked at the nurse for some help in getting Ann to leave the room.

    "It would be easier to get my checks done if I have access to both sides of the bed miss, and I would come right away if anything changed." The nurse said, trying to help Carl out.

    Ann looked at them both for a couple of seconds before letting out a sigh and standing up. She looked at Amber once more before letting Carl lead her out the room. Ann saw the sign for the ladies toilet and quickly dashed inside to answer the call of nature.

    Carl had to chuckle when he saw her vanish inside, he had to wonder just how long she'd been holding it in, as she hadn't been since they left the club.

    "Feel better now Ann?" Carl asked with a smile.

    "Do I ever." Ann said with a relieved look on her face.

    "Now you've made room, why don't I buy you a cup of coffee? Then we can sit outside and drink it before we return to the room." Carl said, as they walked past a café that was just inside the entrance to the hospital.

    "That sounds like a great idea Carl." Ann said, as she realised just of thirsty she was.

    Carl went into the café while Ann kept walking until she was outside the entrance where she saw some seats. She sat on one of them, and waited for Carl to come out with their drinks.

    Ann was lost in thought when she heard a woman call her name, but it was more a question, than her just calling her.

    "Ann, Ann. Is that really you?" The woman asked.

    Ann looked up a little worried her mum and dad would be stood there, but she found her old next door neighbour stood just in front of her.

    "Hi Mrs Tuttle." Ann said with a week smile.

    "I've not seen you in some time, is everything okay dear?" Mrs Tuttle asked looking worried.

    "I'm fine, well as well as I can be at the minute." Ann said, as she let the woman sit next to her on the seat. "My friend Amber was beaten up last night when she got home and disturbed a burglar." Ann said close to tears.

    "Oh god, that's terrible. How's she doing now?" Mrs Tuttle asked.

    "She's in a pretty bad way right now, and she's not woken up yet either, and they don't know when she will." Ann said, as she finally broke down and started to cry.

    "You really are having a rough time of it right now aren't you my dear." Mrs Tuttle said, as she pulled Ann in to her for a hug. "First your brother runs away from home, then your mum and dad split up, and now this." Mrs Tuttle added.

    "They did what!" Ann shouted, as she suddenly sat bolt upright and looked Mrs Tuttle in the face.

    "Oh, I thought you'd know about it." Mrs Tuttle asked, as she looked a little worried she might have said the wrong thing.

    "I had a falling out with them over Andy. He didn't run away, they kicked him out the house." Ann spat out in anger. "I left home the next day, and haven't really spoken to them since." Ann added.

    "Did they kick him out because of his dressing like a girl?" Mrs Tuttle asked in a whisper.

    Ann looked a little shocked when she heard her say that. "You knew about Andy dressing like a girl?" Ann asked.

    "I saw you two coming and going a couple of times. I even heard him call you sis a couple of times while he was dressed, so it didn't take much working out really." Mrs Tuttle said with a smile.

    "I'm living with her now, and a great group of girls that took her in." Ann said with a smile when she thought about how happy Amy seemed now.

    "Living with her?" Mrs Tuttle asked a little shocked.

    "Yes she's called Amy now, and she's doing a real life test so she can become a female." Ann said sounding proud of it.

    "As long as she's happy dear. I always liked young Andy, he always tried to help me put the bins out and run to the shop for me when ever I asked." Mrs Tuttle said, as she looked to be thinking back to some of the times he helped her out. "I hope young Amy is still just as nice." She added with a smile.

    "She's even nicer now she's just being herself." Ann said smiling. "Do you know what happened with my mum and dad?" Ann asked, hoping that Mrs Tuttle had some info on the break up.

    "Well I heard that your mum ran off with another woman from work. You're farther lost his job after he got into a fight with another work mate, after he made fun of your farther not being a real man, and forcing his wife into the arms of another woman." Mrs Tuttle said in a whisper.

    Ann had to put her hand over her mouth to stop herself giggling to loud. She found it really funny that her dad was thought to not be a real man. Ann knew that Amy would be really happy to hear the news, but Ann was even happier to know that mum and dad wouldn't be finding out off Mrs Tuttle about her being in town.

    They both looked up when they saw someone block their view. Ann was happy to see it was Carl with their drinks.

    "Hi Carl, I'd like you to meet Mrs Tuttle. She use to be my neighbour when I lived with my mum and dad." Ann said. "Mrs Tuttle, this is Carl, my boss." Ann added with a smile.

    "It's nice to meet you Mrs Tuttle." Carl said with a smile, but had a worried looked, that she would go back and tell Ann's parents they'd seen her here. "Would you like me to get you a coffee?" Carl asked, as he handed Ann one of the two cups he had in his hands.

    "Thanks for the offer, but I have to go for a blood test, and I can't have anything until I've had it." Mrs Tuttle said, as she licked her lips. "Speaking of which, I better go and get it sorted out." She added as she stood up after giving Ann a little hug.

    "Bye Mrs Tuttle, good luck with the blood test." Ann said.

    "Thank you dear, and give young Amy a hug from me will you, and tell her I said hello." Mrs Tuttle said, as she walked away. "Bye dear. I hope Amber gets better soon." She added, just before vanishing into the hospital.

    "Are you okay Ann? Won't she tell your parents that she saw you today?" Carl asked in a worried tone of voice, as he took the now empty seat next to Ann.

    "Doesn't sound like its going to be a problem." Ann said with an evil grin on her face. "Turns out daddy was a little bit too much of a man for dear old mummy." Ann added with a giggle.

    "What do you mean Ann?" Carl asked with a puzzled look.

    "Mrs Tuttle was just telling me that my mum ran off with another woman, and my dad lost his job after being teased about it, and getting into a fight." Ann said with pride.

    "Couldn't have happened to a nicer man." Carl said with a smile, as he sat back and enjoyed his coffee, and the nice sunshine. "I still think you better be careful, just in case he hears about Amber being attack, and comes looked for Amy here at the hospital." Carl added with some worry in his voice.

    "I can deal with him, or her for that matter, but I wasn't going to give them a chance at hurting Amy again." Ann said with hate in her voice.

    "I heard Mrs Tuttle call Amy by her name, did she ever meat Amy before she left home?" Carl asked, trying to get Ann off the subject of her parents.

    "It turns out that Amy and I weren't as good at sneaking in and out the house at the weekends I let her dress up, as I first thought." Ann said with a giggle. "Turns out that she saw Amy a couple of times, and even heard Amy call me sis. She never told my parents, or let on to any of the other neighbours about it." Ann said just before taking a sip from her cup.

    "She seems like a really nice person." Carl said, as he drank his coffee.

    "She was always really nice, and she never did like the way Dad treated Amy, or Andy as it was back then." Ann said with a shake of the head, as she tried to make sense of the Andy/Amy thing.

    "She has good taste in people then, and I know what you're trying to say Ann." Carl said with a chuckle.

    They finished their drinks and then returned to the room where Amber was. The nurse was fiddling around with bits and bobs trying to look busy until they got back.

    "Thanks for staying with her for me." Ann said to the nurse with a smile.

    "No problem miss. I could see how worried you were when you left, so I wanted to be here just in case she woke while you were away." The nurse said with a smile, just before she left the room to go and get on with her other duties.

    Ann took her seat again, and watched Amber as she slept. Ann was still hoping that she'd wake up any minute and ask them what they were all doing there, but looking at her now, Ann knew that wasn't very likely to happen. So she pulled out her mobile and sent a text message to Brad letting him know the news so far, she wasn't sure if he'd be asleep so didn't want to call him and risk waking him up.

    Vic walked into the room, which made Ann jump, as she thought it was going to be a nurse, and she didn't want to get in trouble for using a mobile phone in the hospital.

    "Hi guy's, any change?" Vic asked looking hopeful.

    "Sorry Vic, but she's still asleep." Carl said with a sad look. "Are Claire and the girls okay?" Carl asked.

    "They're still a little shaken up by it all, but the house is all locked up safe still." Vic said. "I was talking to one of the officers watching the place, and he seems to think the person was waiting for Amber when she got home, and gained entry that way." Vic added, as she handed Carl a small cool bag full of food that Claire had made for them all.

    "Did Claire do all this for us?" Carl asked, as he opened the bag and saw all the sandwiches and other little bits and bobs for them to eat.

    "Zoe and Donna helped her put it all together as well. She said to eat up, as she will bring more later." Vic said, as he walked around to where Ann was sat, and gave her a hug. "How you feeling Ann?" Vic asked.

    "As well as I can be for saying I've had very little sleep." Ann said with a week smile, as she let Vic hug her.

    "Why don't you and Carl take the car and go to Claire's for a couple of hours, so you can get some proper sleep." Vic asked.

    "I couldn't leave Amber, not until she wakes up." Ann said, in a flat tone, as she held Amber's hand.

    Vic knew by the tone of Ann's voice, that she wasn't about to leave her friend's side. Not that Vic could blame her for that.

    "Will you at least have something to eat then for me?" Vic asked, as he handed her a sandwich to nibble on.

    "I think I can do that for you Vic." Ann said with a smile, as she took the sandwich off him and started to eat it.

    Ann soon finished the sandwich, and asked for another one, which Vic was more than happy to give her. She ate a couple more, and then had another cup of Coffee that Vic fetched for them all. Ann felt nice and full after all that, she started to feel a little sleepy, so she rested her head on the bed next to Amber's hand where she was soon fast asleep.

    Vic covered her up with a blanket, and then went to sit with Carl so they could chat quietly about stuff until Amber woke, or a nurse came to check on her.

    Ann was having some weird dream to do with Amber being attacked when she felt something tapping her nose, so she tried to brush it away a couple of times, but it just kept tapping her nose again. Ann finally opened her eyes to see Amber's fingers moving, and it was them brushing her nose. Ann suddenly sat up and looked at Amber's face, and saw her eye open. The other one was hidden behind a very swollen bruise.

    "Amber, Amber!" Ann shouted as she stood up and looked her in the eye.

    Vic and Carl jumped up in a panic thinking something bad had happened at first, but they soon smiled when they saw Amber trying to look around to see where she was.

    Amber suddenly realised where she was, and what had happened to her, then she lifted her right hand to try and remove the pipe that was running down her throat, and staying her from being able to speak.

    "No Amber, you can't pull that out yourself." Ann said, as he had to hold her arm down to stop her hurting herself.

    Vic ran off to find a nurse or a doctor, as Amber looked to be panicking, as she kept trying to speak. He soon returned with a couple of nurse's, and a doctor.

    The doctor asked Amber to try and relax while they did a couple of quick tests to make sure she was okay. Then a nurse removed the pipe from Amber's throat.

    "It's going take about ten minutes before you'll be able to speak again Amber, so don't panic. Just let your friend give you some water to drink." The nurse said, as she handed Ann a bottle with a strew coming out of it.

    Amber took the sips of water, as she kept trying to speak, but just made little squeaking sounds instead of any words.

    "Please calm down Amber, you're safe now." Ann said with tears in her eyes, as she looked at her friend. Ann was happy to see Amber awake again.

    "Amy, safe?" Amber finally managed to squeak out.

    "Amy's safe back home at the shop with Chrissy and Mandy." Ann said as she let Amber take another sip from the bottle of water.

    "Amber, did you get a look at the person who did this to you?" Carl asked.

    "Yes. Amy not safe." Amber said this time. Sounding groggy from all the drugs, and the blows to the head.

    Ann and the others couldn't work out what Amber was trying to say, so Ann kept giving her sips of water to try and help her speak a little better.

    "What are you trying to say Amber?" Ann asked again once she'd cleared what was blocking her throat.

    "He's looking for Amy." Amber said much clearer this time. "Your dad did this to me Ann." Amber said sounding really upset.

    "He did this to you!" Ann shouted. "That bastard!" Ann added with another shout.

    "He knows where she is." Amber said with a scared voice. "I tried not to tell him, but the pain was just too much to take." Amber added with sobs of tears now falling from her one good eye.

    Ann, Carl and Vic all got shocked looks on there faces as they realised that he could be down where Amy and the others were by now, so they all grabbed their mobiles and started making calls to try and warn them.

    "Did you give him the house address Amber?" Carl asked, as he tried calling Mandy at the shop, but the line was busy, so he tried her mobile.

    "No, just the shop, and the club." Amber said in a pained voice, as she began to realise how badly she was hurt.

    Carl was waiting for Mandy to answer her mobile as he listened to Amber's answer to his question. Then he heard Mandy answer her phone.

    "Hi Carl, is everything okay with Amber?" He heard her ask.

    "She's awake, but I have some bad news." Carl said. "I need you to get Amy and Chrissy in your car, then take them to the hotel now!" Carl added in a firm voice.

    "I can, but I'm not at the shop right now. What's wrong?" Mandy asked sounding really worried.

    "It was Amy's dad that attacked Amber. He beat her until she gave him the address of where Amy was. She only gave him the shop address, and the club though." Carl said.

    "Oh god Carl, I'm about forty five minutes away from the shop at the minute." Mandy said in a panic.

    "Don't panic princess, just get back as soon as you can. He may not even be there yet." Carl said, as he tried to help Mandy relax a little for her drive back to the shop.

    Vic called Frank, and then called Becky to warn her to keep the club locked, and not to let anyone one in until Frank turned up. Ann tried calling Amy, but got no answer, so she made another call.

    Amy was sorting out a customer in the shop, while Chrissy was on the phone placing an order for replacement stock. Amy heard her phone ring, but she couldn't answer it until she'd finished with the customer.

    Chrissy watched Amy finish with the customer, then she saw her pull her mobile out, and get a puzzled look on her face.

    "What's wrong Amy?" Chrissy asked, as she put her hand over the phone she had in her hand. They were checking to see if they had the items in stock at the other end of the phone, so she had been put on hold.

    "I don't understand this." Amy said still looking puzzled. "I'm getting a call from Amber's phone." Amy said, as she hit the answer button. "Hello?" Amy asked.

 

    Amy could hear road nose coming down the line, but no one was speaking, so Amy ended the call. "I think someone's playing tricks with me." Amy said.

    Chrissy went to speak, but stopped when she saw Amy go as white as a sheet. Chrissy looked towards the door, and to where Amy was now looking with a scared look on her face. Chrissy watched a large man enter the shop, with his eyes fixed on Amy.

    Amy couldn't believe that her dad had just entered the shop with a face like thunder. She saw him holding a mobile phone, and she soon worked out that he'd just called her on Amber's phone.

    "You did that to Amber, didn't you!" Amy screamed at her dad, replacing her scared feelings with ones of anger.

    "All the little bitch had to do was give me this address, but she had to play the hero." He said, as he walked towards Amy. "You've destroyed my life you freak!" He added with venom in his voice.

    Amy wanted to run, but couldn't risk leaving Chrissy behind to face this psychopath, so she stood her ground.

    "Run Amy, get away now!" Chrissy screamed to her.

    "Shut up bitch, or you'll be next." He said, as he pointed at Chrissy with an evil look on his face.

    "You leave her out of this, it's me you want." Amy said just before he grabbed her by the throat and picked her off the ground.

    Amy tried to pull his hands away, but she just wasn't strong enough. She was starting to struggle with her breathing, but he just kept squeezing her throat tighter and tighter.

    "Well don't you look the proper little fairy? I had to call you to make sure I was going to kill the right one." He said, as he kept squeezing her neck.

    Amy was just starting to black out when she felt her dad let go of her throat, and start to scream in pain. Amy looked up as she gasped for breath to see Chrissy stood next to her dad, and a pen stuck in his arm.

    It still didn't stop him swinging his arm and sending Chrissy flying across the shop into a display stand where she fell to the ground in a heap.

     "No, Chrissy!" Amy shouted in a rough voice, as she rubbed her throat as she tried to make her way over to where Chrissy's lifeless body had landed.

    "Where do you think you're going freak?" Her dad asked, as he pulled her up to her feet, and started to squeeze the life out of her again.

    Amy could feel the life draining out of her, as she tried to fight for breath, but none was entering her lungs now, and then everything went black.

 

    Chrissy woke in some pain and looked over to see the man that hit her dropping Amy's lifeless body to the ground, and then start to head over to where she was lying in some pain. Chrissy knew she was next to die, and she couldn't do a thing to stop it. Then Chrissy heard a voice she knew only to well.

    "Why don't you try taking me on you bastard?" Brad said from the doorway.

    Chrissy had never been so happy to see him in her life. Brad was soon nose to nose with him, and he took a swing at Brad, but Brad blocked it like it was nothing. Then Brad started to punch him until he could hardly stand any more. Chrissy watched as the man just fell to the ground in a heap.

    "Amy, Amy!" Chrissy screamed, as she dragged herself over to where Amy's lifeless body lay on the ground.

    "Let me take a look at her Chrissy." Brad said, as he rolled her onto her back, and then tilted her head back, and started to breathe into her mouth, then he would push down on her heart to try and get it working again. "Come on Amy, don't you dare give up on me!" Brad shouted and he went back to breathing into her mouth.

    "Amy, Amy. Please don't leave me." Chrissy said, as she lay on the floor next to Amy crying from the pain she was in, and the loss of her friend. Then Amy started to cough and choke.

    "You did it Brad, you saved her." Chrissy said in amazement, as she tried to get close to Amy.

    Mandy pulled up outside the shop just before the police did. She entered the shop to find a large man flat out on the floor looking very badly beaten, and Brad kneeling on the floor over Amy's body. She also saw that Chrissy was lying next to her looking to be in some pain too.

    "Oh god no, please tell me she's okay?" Mandy asked, as she ran to the back of the shop where they were all sat or lying on the ground.

    "She's fine Mandy." Brad said, as he looked up at Mandy's worried face. "We need to get them both checked out at the hospital though. I think Chrissy has some broken bones looking at her." Brad added, as he let Mandy take over looking after Amy, so he could make sure her dad didn't try to escape.

    Even though Amy's dad was a big man, he was still smaller than Brad was. So Brad was more than happy to help the police drag him out to the police van parked outside the shop. Then he led the paramedics to the back of the shop to look at Amy and Chrissy.

 

    Amy was waiting for a white light, but instead she heard Chrissy calling her name. Amy thought that he'd killed Chrissy too, and she was going to join her in the afterlife, but she then heard Brad's voice calling her, and she knew that Brad wasn't dead, so she tried to open her eyes. Amy realised she was breathing again, and she could see a really worried Chrissy and Brad looking at her. Then she saw a very worried looking Mandy come in to view, and brad moving away to let Mandy take his place kneeling at her side, with her head rested on Mandy's knee instead.

    "Are you okay sis?" Mandy asked, when she saw the pained look on Chrissy's face, and then she saw that her sister's face looked a little red and swollen on one side. "What did that bastard do to you?" Mandy added through gritted teeth.

    "I think I've broken my wrist, and my knee really hurts when I try to bend it." Chrissy said to her sister.

    "Don't try to bend it then." Mandy said with a silly grin on her face, just before she let out a little giggle.

    "Dam, why didn't I think of that." Chrissy shot back with a giggle.

    Even Amy had to try and giggle at the way Mandy and Chrissy could still find something to giggle at, at a time like this. She tried to speak, but her voice wouldn't work. Mandy saw this and spoke to her.

    "Don't try to speak Amy, he did quite a number on your throat, and it looks really bruised." Mandy said, as she stroked Amy's hair.

    Amy turned to look at Chrissy with a look that showed how sorry she was for getting her hurt, but also grateful for her coming to her rescue.

    Chrissy understood the look, and just smiled back at her as best she could through the pain she was feeling in her face, Arm and leg.

    Mandy helped Amy to sit up when Brad came back with a couple of paramedics. One of them went to look at Chrissy, and the other took a look at Amy's throat.

    "She doesn't seem to be able to speak at the minute, will she be okay?" Mandy asked the woman, as she looked at Amy's throat.

    "It's hard to say at the minute miss. We need to get her to the hospital, and let a doctor take a look." The woman said, as she took out a blue plastic bag and started to crush it in her hand. "Hold this on your throat, it should help keep the swelling down a little." The woman added, as she looked Amy in the eyes to make sure she understood.

    "What is that thing?" Mandy asked for Amy, when she saw the puzzled look Amy was giving the woman.

    "It's a form of ice pack that we use." The woman replied, just before going to help her colleague with Chrissy.

    "I think she's got a broken wrist, and something is wrong with her knee, but I can't be sure what at the minute." Mandy heard the man say to the woman.

    "I'll go and get the trolley and a leg brace then." The woman said, just before jumping up and running out the shop.

    She was soon back with the trolley, and the brace for Chrissy's leg. Then they set about getting Chrissy sorted and on the trolley, and wheeled out to the ambulance just outside the shop. Then they helped Amy out to the same Ambulance and settled her into a seat next to the trolley that Chrissy was strapped too.

    "I'll meet you at the hospital just as soon as I've done talking to the police, and locked up the shop." Mandy said with a sad look because she couldn't go with them now.

    "Okay sis, we'll see you at the hospital later." Chrissy said with a week smile just before the paramedic shut the door.

    Mandy helped Brad sort everything out with the police, and they said that they would need to see Amy and Chrissy later to take their statements. Then Mandy and Brad were free to leave.

    Brad could see that Mandy was shaking as they locked up the back shutter of the shop after they'd left and locked the back door.

    "Are you okay Mandy?" Brad asked sounding really worried about her.

    "I'm not sure, I can't stop shaking." Mandy said, as she looked at her hand.

    "I think it's the shock of what's happened just sinking in." Brad said, as he led her over to her car, and sat her in the passenger side. "I think I better drive you to the hospital Mandy." Brad added, as he took her car keys off her.

    "I don't want to put you out Brad." Mandy said, trying to stop Brad from taking the keys.

    "So you don't mind me helping to stop some guy from killing your sister's, but you worry about me helping you get to the hospital?" Brad asked with a chuckle.

    "I'm sorry Brad, I guess I do sound a little silly right now." Mandy said with a little giggle.

    "Don't worry about it Mandy. Don't you think you better call Carl and let him know what happened?" Brad asked.

    "I better hadn't I." Mandy said, as she got her phone out, and scrolled down to Carl's number, then pushed the button to call it.

 

    Even though Carl was holding his mobile in his hand, he still jumped when it rang. He saw it was Mandy's number, so he hit the answer button.

    "Mandy! Are you safe at the hotel?" Carl asked with worry in his voice.

    "No. I was too late." Mandy said, as she started to cry down the phone. "He's already got to them Carl." Mandy added through sobs of tears.

    "Oh god no, are they okay?" Carl asked, as he put his hand to his mouth in shock.

    "They're both still alive, but Chrissy had a broken arm, and maybe a broken leg, and Amy has some damage to her throat from where her dad tried to kill her." Mandy croaked out. They would have both been dead if it wasn't for Brad turning up and saving them both." Mandy added with a smile, as she looked over at Brad.

    "Thank god for that. Are you with them now babe?" Carl asked.

    "No, I had to close up the shop, but I am heading to the hospital now. Brad is driving me there in my car as we speak. I wasn't up to the drive myself." Mandy said, as she wiped her eyes with a tissue Brad had just handed her.

    "What about Amy's farther, what happened to him?" Carl asked with anger showing in his voice.

    "The police have him, or what's left of him." Mandy said with just as much anger in her voice as Carl had.

    "What do you mean by that Mandy?" Carl asked, hoping that maybe he'd been hit by a bus or something just as big.

    "He took a swing at Brad, need I say any more?" Mandy asked with an evil laugh.

    "I get the idea princess. Tell him thanks from all of us up here." Carl said sounding happier that Brad had given him a good beating. "Call us later when you get to the hospital, and have some more news about them both. Love you babe." Carl said.

    "I will do lover, and give my best to Amber. Love you more, bye." Mandy said, as she ended the call with Carl. "I better call mum, and let her know what's happened, so she can make her way to the hospital. She'll be able to help the doctors out when they find out that Amy isn't a real flesh and blood female yet." Mandy added, as she found her mums number and called her.

    "What's happened Carl, are Amy and Chrissy alright?" Ann asked looking really upset. She'd heard what Carl said about them both being take to hospital.

    "They're both alive, but Amy has some damage to her throat from where you farther tried to strangle her to death, and Chrissy had a broken arm, and maybe a broken leg." Carl said, as he pulled Ann into a hug to help calm her down a little.

    "What about him?" Ann spat out. "Have the police got him?" Ann asked sounding really angry.

    "Yes the police have him, and trust me when I say he must look a hundred times worse that Amber does right now." Carl said with a chuckle.

    "How can you know that Carl?" Ann asked looking puzzled.

    "He took a swing at Brad when he turned up at the shop and saved the girls lives." Carl said, as he broke the hug, and looked Ann right in the eyes.

    Ann smiled, as she knew that Brad would have taken great pleasure in beating him to a pulp. He'd told Ann a couple of times that he'd like to spend some time getting to know her farther.

    "I'll have to remember to give him a big thank you when I get back home." Ann said with a grin.

    "I think we all owe him big for this, but I'll find some other way to thank him." Carl said with a grin, as he got the idea of the sort of thank you Ann had in mind.

    "I'm sure you'll find some way to thank him." Ann said with an even bigger grin.

 

    "I'm sorry Ann, I'm really sorry." Amber said, as she started to cry. "Please forgive me Ann." Amber added through sobs of tears.

    "It wasn't your fault Amber, so please don't cry." Ann said, as she took Amber's right hand in hers and looked her in the eyes. "I should be begging for your forgiveness really." Ann said looking sad, as she looked at her badly beaten friend.

    "You didn't do this to me Annie, so stop beating yourself up. I think we've seen enough of that for the time being." Amber said with a giggle, just before she gasped in pain. "Do you think you can get a nurse to give me something for the pain?" Amber asked.

    Vic was soon off out the room to track down a nurse, while Ann sat and held Amber's hand. The nurse stuck a needle in a drip that was being fed into Amber's arm, and she was soon falling asleep.

    "Will she be okay nurse?" Ann asked, as she watched her friend sleeping.

    "It's a little early to tell yet, but all the X-rays showed clean breaks, so she should make a full recovery in time, but she'll need a lot of bed rest with them broken ribs." The nurse said, as she ticked some boxes on Amber's charts at the bottom of her bed before leaving the room.

    Brad had to run to catch up with Mandy, as she made her way into A&E at the hospital Chrissy and Amy had been taken too. Mandy asked at the desk where she could find them, and a woman pointed them in the right direction.

    Mandy had to stop and smile, when she saw Amy sat on a chair next to a very happy looking Chrissy. Amy was coughing, as she tried to not laugh at Chrissy, She'd been given something for the pain, which left her feeling very happy in a drunken sort of way.

 

    "Hi big sister!" Chrissy shouted, as she tried to wave with her good hand.

    "Shh! Stop shouting Chrissy." Mandy said, as she walked over to where they were.

    "Oh, sorry." Chrissy whispered, as she looked around to see who was listening to them.

    Mandy was glad to see Chrissy not in pain, but she was having trouble trying not to laugh at her at the same time.

    "How you feeling now Amy?" Mandy asked, as she sat down next to her at the side of the bed they had Chrissy on.

    "I'm feeling a little better now, and my throat doesn't hurt as much." Amy crocked out.

    "I see you're getting your voice back as well." Mandy said with a smile, a she hugged her.

    "Yes I am, but it's hard trying not to laugh at Chrissy though." Amy smiled, as she looked at Chrissy, as she lay on the bed grinning at them. "She saved my life Mandy." Amy added, as he broke down and started to cry in Mandy's arms.

    "She did? What happened?" Mandy asked, a little shocked to hear that Chrissy had some part in saving her from death. "I thought it was Brad that stopped that man from killing you both." Mandy added.

    "Brad did do all that Mandy, but Chrissy stabbed him in the arm with a pen to stop him from choking me to start with." Amy crocked out. "Then he hit her so hard, she just went flying across the shop. I thought she was dead to start with." Amy said, as she broke down again.

    "If it hadn't been for Chrissy doing that Mandy, I never would have been able to revive her. Chrissy is the real hero in this story." Brad said, as he stood next to Chrissy, while he let her poke his chest.

    "You're really big Brad." Chrissy said, as she kept poking his chest, and then his arm mussels.

    "Hard to believe she's any type of hero at the minute." Mandy said giggling. "Besides, I think you're both heroes today Brad. Thank you for saving them both." Mandy added with a tear running down her cheek.

    "No need to thank me Mandy, I was just glad I got there in time to save them both." Brad said with a smile. "It felt really good to meet him anyway." Brad added with a grin.

    "I wish I could have been the one to stop him." Mandy said, as she thought about the pleasure of beating him like Brad had. "Will you not get in trouble over it though?" Mandy asked, suddenly looking worried for Brad.

    "I may lose my license to be a bouncer over it, but it was worth it to save these two." Brad said, as he looked at Chrissy and Amy.

    "I'm sure Carl can sort something out for you Brad." Mandy said with a smile.

    "I'm sure I could soon find a job doing something else anyway." Brad said as a matter of fact.

    "After what you did today, I'd give you a job." Mandy joked.

    "I can do a lot of things Mandy, but I think I'd have to draw a line at some things." Brad said with a laugh, as he thought about trying to sell corsets and panties to woman.

    "I don't know Brad, I think we could have more women coming to the shop once they found out you were working there." Mandy said with a grin.

    "I'm not sure Ann would be that thrilled about it though." Brad said with a worried look, just before he started to chuckle.

 

    The doctor soon returned with Chrissy's X-rays, and told Mandy that she had a broken wrist and a broken bone in her knee. Mandy watched as a team of nurses took Chrissy away to put some casts on her arm and leg. Then he went on to explain about Amy's needs, so she would make a full recovery.

    "Amy will have some bruising, and it will be very sore for a couple of day, but there is no real damage as we can see." The doctor said, as he smiled at Amy. "Only give her cold drinks for the next several days as well. I've also sorted out some pain killers for her to take." The doctor added, as he handed Mandy a piece of paper.

    Mandy thanked the doctor just before Prue turned up with Kim next to her, they both looked really worried. Kim went to sit with Amy, while Mandy spoke with Prue and the doctor about the treatment for Amy, and what they were doing with Chrissy. Mandy was worried when they said they wanted to keep Chrissy in over night, as they were worried about the blow she took to her head. But Prue soon calmed her back down when she explained it all to her.

    "They're going to be keeping Chrissy in over night Amy, but don't worry about it to much. They just want to make sure she isn't in any danger from the blow she took to her head when he hit her." Mandy said, as she sat the other side to what Kim was sat.

    "I'm staying too then." Amy said in a firm, but croaky voice.

    "I'm sorry Amy, but you won't be able too." Mandy said in a sad tone of voice.

    "I'm staying here with Chrissy until we can both go home." Amy said with a pout, as he folded her arms.

    "I'll go and have a word with the doctor, and see what I can sort out." Prue said, as she walked over to the doctor again.

    "Do you think your mum will be able to work anything out for Amy to stay here with Chrissy?" Brad asked.

    "She use to work here, and she still has a lot of pull with the doctors." Mandy said, as she watched her mum sweet-talking the doctor, as they both laughed about something.

    "Right, I've sorted a private room for them both to stay in, and they even said they could maybe get a third bed in if you wanted to stop the night as well Mandy." Prue said, when she returned to them.

    "Thanks mum, but I really need to check on the house, and I still have to open the shop tomorrow." Mandy said with a sad look, she wasn't looking forward to trying to sort out everything on her own.

    "Why don't you leave the shop closed for the day, so you can come and see Chrissy and Amy? You should be able to take them both home tomorrow." Prue said, as she pulled Mandy into a hug.

    Mandy felt like she didn't need to be the grown up any more, so she relaxed, and then just burst into tears, as the shock of what happened really hit her.

    Prue knew that Mandy needed to let it all out before she could do anything else, and she was finally doing just that.

    "I'm sorry mum, I don't know where that came from." Mandy said, as she wiped her eyes after she stopped crying.

    "With everything that's happened in the last twenty four hours, I'm surprised you're not sat in the corner rocking backwards and forwards." Prue said with a giggle, as she looked at her daughter with pride. "So do you want to take the offer of that bed here at the hospital for the night?" Prue asked.

    "I'd like to mum, but what about Becky? She's got to run the club tonight with Carl being away, and I don't like the idea of her going back to an empty house." Mandy said sounding really worried again.

    "I don't mind staying with her for the night Mandy." Brad said. "I'll be working with her tonight at the club, and then I can bring her to the hospital tomorrow to see Chrissy." Brad added.

    "Would you really do that for me Brad?" Mandy asked looking hopeful that Becky would be kept safe.

    "I just offered didn't I." Brad said with a smile.

    "Thanks Brad, that would really help me relax, knowing that Becky was safe." Mandy said, as she walked over to him, and gave him a big hug.

    "You know I'd do anything to keep you all safe Mandy." Brad said, as he rapped his arms around Mandy to hug her back.

    "I know that Brad, I saw it today at the shop." Mandy said, as she felt safe and protected, as he hugged her. "Ann's a very lucky woman to have you to protect her Brad." Mandy added, as she broke the hug.

    "I'm the lucky one having all you to protect." Brad said with a grin.

    They all turned and looked when they heard Becky shouting, as she ran around the corner.

    "Mandy! Where is she, where's Chrissy?" Becky said in a panic, as she ran up to Mandy.

    "Calm down Becky, she's just having some casts put on her arm and leg." Mandy said, as she led Becky over to sit on Kim's knee, as they had run out of seats.

    "Oh god Amy, you poor thing. Are you okay?" Becky asked, as she saw the bruise around her neck.

    "I am thanks to Chrissy and Brad." Amy said, as she let Becky hug her. "I'm really sorry that Chrissy got hurt because of me Becky." Amy added, as she started to cry again.

    "Hay! Stop speaking like that baby sister." Becky said, as she stroked Amy's hair.

 

    They broke the hug when they heard an alarm sounding, and then all hell broke loose as they saw Amy's farther stagger past with a police officer trying to restrain him with little luck due to the size of the man. Brad stepped between him and the girls once he caught site of Amy sat with Becky.

    "You little freak! I'm going to kill you!" He screamed, as he moved toward her, but he was suddenly pulled back and slammed to the floor from behind.

    He looked dazed for a couple of second until he found himself looking up at a man that was even bigger than the one at the shop, and who was stood between him and Amy. He was soon back in handcuffs and then the large man led him back out to the police van before returning to the others.

    "Now that was fun!" Frank said with a grin.

    "Thanks Frank." Mandy said, as she gave him a hug. "I have no idea what he was doing here in the first place." Mandy added with anger in her voice.

    "They wanted to make sure he wasn't going to die on them while in a cell back at the nick, after the pasting he got from my boy here." Frank said, as he walked over to Brad, and wrapped an arm around his shoulder.

    "Thanks for the help there Frank, but I could have taken him you know." Brad said with a grin.

    "I know you could have Brad, but I wanted to have a crack at him." Frank said with a grin. "But looking at Amy's poor neck, I wish I'd snapped his now." Frank said, when he saw the bruising on Amy.

    "He's not worth going to prison for Frank." Becky said, as she hugged a very frightened Amy.

    "How's our little Chrissy doing?" Frank asked, as he realised she wasn't with the rest of them.

    "She's having a cast put on her arm and leg at the minute, then they want to keep her in over night, as she took a nasty blow to the head when she stabbed him in the arm trying to save Amy." Mandy said with a grin.

    "Chrissy stabbed him in the arm?" Becky asked with shock in her voice.

    "Way to go Chrissy. I knew she had some fight in her." Frank said with a grin.

    Amy spent the next couple of minutes filling everyone in on what happened when her farther burst into the shop, to the point where she blacked out from being choked. Then Brad filling in the missing bits up to where the police and Mandy turned up.

    They all stood up when they saw Chrissy being wheeled out of a room with a pink cast on her arm and leg. She was still a little out of it, and she was starting to fall asleep, but she woke up when she saw Becky stood with Mandy and the others.

    "Hi Babe!" Chrissy shouted in her dopey sounding voice.

    "I see the pain killers are working then." Becky said with a giggle, as she wrapped her arms around Chrissy and hugged her.

    They all followed a hospital porter as he pushed the trolley with Chrissy on up to a private room. He stood back and let Frank lift Chrissy up like she was a little doll, and then put her on one of the beds in the room, then he took the trolley and left again.  

    Mandy and Prue explained everything to Becky, and then Mandy said that she'd be staying the night as well, and that Brad would go home with her after work, to make sure she was going to be safe when she got home. She also said that he'd drive her to the hospital in the morning, so she can be with Chrissy.

    Becky wasn't really happy about being away from Chrissy for the whole night, but she knew she had a club to run, so she hugged Chrissy before she had to leave again, to go and get read for work.

    Brad and Frank both left with her, so they could keep an eye on her for Mandy. They could both change once they were at the club anyway, so they didn't have to leave Becky for any reason. Even though they knew that he was in jail, they still felt the need to keep her safe.

    Becky still had a house full that night, as Beth decided to stay the night with Mark being up with the others in the jet, and her not wanting to be alone after she found out what happened to Amber. Even Frank wanted to help out, so he stayed the night as well. Becky felt really safe that night when she got home, but she still missed her lover.

    Amber woke to find Claire and the other girls all sat around chatting with Ann about things her and Amber use to do as kids. They all stood up and smiled, when they saw her awake.

    "Hi Amber, it's good to see you awake." Claire said with a smile.

    "Hi Claire, Zoe, Donna. Sorry if I scared you all." Amber said, as she tried to move, but thought better of it when her ribs made a protest.

    "Don't be sorry you silly girl, we're all just glad to see you're still with us." Claire said, as she held Amber's right hand.

    Claire was shocked to see the damage that man had done to her. Amber's leg was in a cast, her left hand was in a full cast that even covered her broken fingers, and her face was all swollen down one side where he'd beaten her.

    "Have you had any more news about Amy and Chrissy yet?" Amber asked with worry in her voice.

    "Yes we have, and they are both doing fine." Ann said with a smile. "Chrissy has a broken wrist, and leg, and the doctors want to keep her in over night just to make sure she's okay, due to her taking a blow to the head. Amy just has a very bruised throat from where he tried to choke her to death." Ann added with venom in her voice.

    "There's nothing wrong with Amy, she won't leave Chrissy alone in the hospital, so they had to sort out a private room big enough to get a couple more beds in." Carl said with a chuckle.

    "That sounds about right for Amy." Amber said with a little giggle.

    They all chatted until there was a knock at the door, then the police officer from the day before entered the room.

    "Hello Amber, I'm sorry to bother you, but I need to take a statement of what happened to you. Do you feel up to it?" The officer asked.

    "If it will help put that bastard away, then yes I'm up to it." Amber said with anger in her voice.

    "Do you want us all to leave?" Ann asked the officer.

    "Please don't leave me Annie." Amber said, as she grabbed her hand. "I'd like Carl and Vic to hear what happened too, but I'd understand if Claire and the others wanted to leave." Amber said with a look of understanding, as she looked at Claire, Zoe and Donna.

    "I don't mind any of you staying while we do the interview, but I must ask you to be quiet, as I will be recording it." The officer said, as he set up his recorder, and got his note pad out. "When you're ready Amber, please start from when you got home."

    Amber went on to say how she'd got home from collage, and opened the front door, but before she could close it Ann and Amy's farther burst through the door and knocked her to the ground. Then Amber went on to say how he was screaming at her, wanting to know where Ann and the freak were living now. She said how she told him to go to hell, and tried to run away, but he kicked her leg, then she heard a cracking sound as a pain shot up her leg. Then he kicked her in the side, and must have broken the ribs when he did, but Amber still wouldn't tell him anything. He then moved on to her hand, as he stamped on it, then he started to break each finger one at a time until she couldn't take any more. Amber then said how she told him where to find the flyer, and business card for the club and the shop where Amy worked, and then made up an address for the house Amy and Ann lived at.

    Ann, Claire, Zoe and Donna were all crying by the time Amber finished telling her story. Vic and Carl were really upset too, but they were really angry, and wished it was them that got to beat the crap out of him instead of Brad.

    "Thank you Amber for telling me all that, I know it was hard for you to relive it all over again." The officer said looking shocked at what this man had done to the poor girl. "I just have a couple more questions to ask you though. Did he leave after you gave him what he wanted?" The officer asked.

    "No. After I gave him the information, he started to punch me in the face until I passed out." Amber said through sobs of tears.

    "Do you think he thought you were dead when he left you there?" The officer asked.

    "Probably, but it's hard to say." Amber said, as she let Ann wipe away the tears. "What difference does that make?" Amber asked with a confused look.

    "With what you've just told me Amber, we will be able to charge him with three counts of attempted murder." The officer said with a smile.

    "Three counts of attempted murder?" Amber asked with a shocked look on her face.

    "Yes three. There's you, this girl called Amy, and another girl called Chrissy. If it wasn't for someone called Brad turning up and detaining him, he would have killed them both." The officer said. "I also heard that he then threatened Amy again at the hospital in front of quite a lot of people, so I think we have a really good case against him." The officer added, as he stood up and thanked her once again for all her help, and he wished her a speedy recovery just before he left the room.

    "Serves the bastard right." Ann said, as she held Amber's hand. "I'm so sorry you had to go though all that because of Amy and I." Ann said, as tears ran down her cheeks.

    "I'd do it all again if I had to Annie, so stop saying how sorry you are." Amber said, as she lifted her hand, and wiped away some of the tears. "I said I loved your baby sister, and I still do with all my heart." Amber added, as she tried to smile.

    "Maybe it's time you told her that Amber." Ann said with a hopeful look at her friend.

    "There's no maybe about it Ann, I plan to tell her the next time I see here." Amber said. "Speaking of seeing her, I have a big favour to ask you Carl." Amber asked, as she tried to look at Carl, who was stood at the end of the bed.

    "Just name it Amber, and I'll do my best to make it happen." Carl said with a smile.

    "I'm really grateful for all you've done for me with the house and the money to get me through collage, but I really just want to be with Amy from now on." Amber said with a worried look that Carl would be mad at her for wanting to walk away from the house and collage after all his hard work.

    "I can understand that Amber. Claire will keep the house going, and helping out needy students. I just want to see you all happy." Carl said. "So what's this favour you're after?" Carl asked.

    "Do you think I could be moved to a hospital closer to Amy?" Amber asked with some pleading in her voice.

    "I'll make some calls in the morning, as it's a little late today for that sort of thing, and I'll see what I can sort out." Carl said grinning.

    Amber just smiled back at him, as she knew how he loved sorting out this sort of thing.

    "Thanks Carl, but I have one more little favour to ask of you." Amber said with a cheeky look on her face.

    "More favours? I think you're taking advantage of me now." Carl said with a giggle and his hands on his hips. "Okay, what is it?" he asked.

    "Can you please take Annie back to the house, and make sure she gets a hot bath and a good night's sleep please?" Amber asked with a worried look, as she saw how worn out Ann looked.

    "But I don't want to leave you hear a lone Amber." Ann whined.

    "I need to take some more pain killers Annie, and you have seen how I fall asleep once I've taken them, so please go and get some proper sleep." Amber pleaded with her friend.

    "Okay Amber, but I'll be back first thing in the morning." Ann said, as she leaned down and kissed Amber on her one good cheek.

    They all waited until the nurse gave Amber something for the pain, and she started to fall asleep before they all left to head back to Claire's house.

    Ann took the hot bath Amber told her to take, then she had a proper cooked meal that Claire cooked for them all, and then Ann headed off to bed for a good night's sleep, as did all the others.

    Amy was sat in a chair next to Chrissy, as she watched her friend sleeping, due to the pain relief they had given her. Amy was sad to see the large bruise that now covered one side of Chrissy's face, and she hoped that there would be no permanent damage to her face because of it.

    "Come on Amy, let's see about getting some sleep." Mandy said, as she pulled Amy out the chair.

    "Do you think she'll feel better now Mandy?" Amy asked.

    "I'm not sure what you mean Amy." Mandy said, as she looked at Amy with a puzzled look.

    "Do you think Chrissy will feel better now she knows she saved me when it was really needed." Amy asked, as she let Mandy pull her into a hug. "She was really amazing today big sis. She knew she never stood a chance against him, but she still jumped in and tried anyway." Amy added, as she rested her head on Mandy's chest.

    "I'm sure she's just happy to still have you here with us all Amy. Now let's get ready for bed." Mandy said, as she broke the hug and helped Amy get ready for bed.

    "Do you think you'd sleep better sharing a bed with me tonight baby sister?" Mandy asked, as she pattered the bed she was going to be using.

    "Please Mandy, I really don't feel like sleeping a lone tonight." Amy said looking a little sheepish, as she ran over and jumped in the bed. Mandy got in and then cuddled up to her before they both fell asleep.

    All the girls had bad dreams that night, but Claire and the others all went running to the room Ann was using when they heard her screaming.

    Claire was the first one to enter Ann's room, and she found Ann sat up in bed looking scared to death.

    "Ann, Ann, are you okay?" Claire asked, as she sat on the bed next to her.

    "Sorry, I was just having a bad dream." Ann said, as she wiped the sweat off her forehead.

    "Sounded like a full blown nightmare to me dear." Claire said, as she pulled her into a hug.

    "Is everything okay?" Carl asked, as he burst into the room with Vic close behind.

    "Yes, she just had a nightmare." Claire said, as she pulled Ann out of bed.

    "What are you doing Claire?" Ann asked.

    "You can spend the night in my bed with me, you may feel a little safer with someone to cuddle you while you sleep." Claire said with a smile.

    Zoe and Donna poked their heads out their bedrooms when they heard Claire talking to Carl, as they walked back up the hallway.

    "Is everything okay Claire?" They both asked looking scared that someone else had broke into the house.

    "Yes dears. Ann was just having some bad dreams." Claire said with a smile.

    "I'm sorry for waking you all." Ann said, as she let Claire lead her down the hallway.

    They told her not to worry about it, and then went back into their rooms. Carl waited for Claire to enter her room, pulling Ann along with her before they went back to their own rooms.

    Ann was soon in Claire's bed, and falling asleep again cuddled up to her. Ann was use to being the one helping Amy sleep, but for once she thought it was nice to be the one getting cuddled, and she was soon sleeping soundly again, but without the bad dreams.

    Chrissy was sat up in bed being fed by Amy when Becky, Beth, Brad and Frank turned up the next morning.

    "Hi Baby!" Chrissy shouted when she saw Becky enter.

    Becky just let a grin cross her face, as she ran over to the bed that Chrissy was in, and hugged her, as she started to cry.

    "Hay, what's wrong baby?" Chrissy asked, as she let Becky cry on her shoulder.

    "I'm just really happy to see you smiling, and breathing still silly." Becky said, as she broke the hug and wiped her eyes.

    "How is Xena, Our worrier princess this morning?" Frank asked with a chuckle.

    Chrissy just looked a little puzzled until she remembered about stabbing Amy's farther with a pen at the shop the day before. "I'm feeling a little better today, thanks Frank." Chrissy said looking a little red faced.

    "Frank! Don't tease the poor girl." Mandy said with a grin, as she thought it was a good name for her after what she did.

    "I'm sorry Chrissy, but I'm really proud of what you did." Frank said, as he walked over and gave Chrissy a quick hug.

    "I was just trying to save my best friend, and baby sister from getting killed." Chrissy said, as she held Amy's hand with her good one. "It was brad that really saved us both though." Chrissy added, as she looked over at Brad.

    "I just wish I'd got there sooner Chrissy." Brad said, as he looked at the bruise that covered one side of Chrissy's face.

    "Come here please Brad." Chrissy said, as she waved her good had for him to come over to her.

    Brad walked over to her, and then leaned down to see what she wanted to say. "What is it Chrissy?" He asked.

    Chrissy pulled him into a hug using both arms, even though she was still having trouble lifting the one in the cast, and she kissed him on the cheek.

    "Thank you brad for saving my life." Chrissy said with a big smile.

    Brad had a tear running down his cheek when he stood back up again. "You're most welcome Chrissy." he replied, as he wiped away the tear.

    Amy had walked around the bed, and she also pulled Brad down so she could kiss him on the other cheek. "I want to thank you for really saving my life Brad. Chrissy told me that you had to use CPR on me." Amy said just before kissing him again.

    Brad was really crying now, as he looked at the two girl's he really didn't know what to say to them both.

    "I'm sorry Brad, we didn't mean to upset you." Amy said looking worried.

    "You didn't upset me Amy. I'm just glad to still have you both here with us." Brad said, as he let out a chuckle.

    "Come on Brad, let it all out mate." Frank said, as he rapped his arm around Brad's shoulder. "Brad told me how he had a dream where he didn't get to you both in time to save you." Frank added, as he rubbed Brad's back.

    "You have those dreams too?" Amy asked, looking shocked.

    "Yes, even I have those dreams Amy. Wondering if I could have done something different, or if I could have got to you both quicker." Brad said, as he took a seat.

    "You could drive yourself nuts trying to work that one out Brad." Amy said with a smile, as she went and sat on his knee. "Just be glad you got there when you did." Amy added, as she hugged him again.

    "Thanks Amy. I can see you're just like Ann when it comes to knowing what to say." Brad said with a smile, as it was his turn to kiss Amy on the cheek this time.

    "That's a real complement Brad, thank you." Amy said with a grin.

    "Wow Chrissy. That asshole did a real number on you didn't he." Beth said, as she walked over to the bed Chrissy was lying in, and handed her a large bag of grapes.

    "Hi Beth, you should see the other guy." Chrissy said with a grin, as she looked at Brad. Even brad had to chuckle at that one.

    "Yes I did hear that he looked pretty bad by the time Brad had finished with him. Then he had to tangle with Frank as well." Beth giggled, as she hugged Chrissy. "I hope you didn't mind Chrissy, but I spent the night with Becky. I only wanted to make sure she slept okay, and nothing happened between us." Beth added.

    "No I don't mind Beth, and thank you for being there for my baby." Chrissy said with a smile, as she pulled Becky down for another kiss.

    "I'm glad I could help, and I didn't really feel like being a lone in my flat with Mark away." Beth said with a smile.

    "The boss makes a really great breakfast as well." Frank said, as he sat down next to Brad, where he was soon joined by Amy sliding over to his knee.

    "Thank you Frank, for what you did down in A&E yesterday." Amy said, as she also gave him a kiss in the cheek.

    "You're welcome Amy, but I didn't really do anything. Brad would have easily stopped him if I weren't there. I just wanted to have a quick go at him myself." Frank said with a grin.

    Amy soon stood up again when there was a knock at the door, and a couple of police officers entered the room.

    "Hello Officer, what can we help you with?" Mandy asked.

    "Hello miss, we need to take a statement from Amy and Chrissy, about what happened yesterday." The first officer asked.

    "Do you mind if we stay in here why you speak to them?" Mandy asked.

    "Not at all miss, but we will ask you to be quiet while we take the statements." The officer asked with a smile, as he looked around the room. He took a really good look at Brad and Frank, when he saw the size of them both. "I take it one of you must be Brad?" The officer asked, as he looked at each of them.

    "I'm Brad, is there a problem officer?" Brad asked, as he stood up looking worried.

    "No sir, none at all. I just wanted to thank you for helping with the capture of the man that did this." The officer said, as he put out his hand to shake Brad's.

    "Oh, right. I was just trying to save my friends officer." Brad said a little shocked that the officer wanted to shake his hand. "Do you know if I will be in any trouble over any of this, as I'm a doorman at a local nightclub." Brad asked.

    "I think we can help you keep your license Brad." The officer said with a grin. "I take it you must be Frank then?" The officer asked, as he looked at Frank.

    "I'm not to sure it's a good sign when the police call you by your first name." Frank said with a chuckle, as he also stood up.

    "No need to panic Frank, some of the lads were saying that a man at the hospital helped them get our perpetrator under control, and he was even bigger that the guy who stopped him at the shop." The officer laughed. "One of them said you said your name was Frank." The officer added.

    "Yes I did, just in case he wanted to press chargers against me." Frank said.

    "We got statements from all the doctors and nurses that said you were just helping the police to restrain a very violent prisoner." The officer said, as he set up a recorder, and his colleague started to write down some details.

    Amy and Chrissy spent an hour explaining what happened in every little detail, and Brad and Mandy filled in the bits that they saw when they arrived. By the end of it all, Becky was hugging Chrissy and crying. She was just so happy to still have her wife.

    Beth, Frank and Brad all left to go and sort stuff out at the club, after telling Becky to stay and spend some time looking after Chrissy. They said they could cope with running the club for one night without her.

    The doctor came in mid afternoon to give Chrissy another once over before saying she could go home, but she did have to use a wheel chair, due to the broken wrist not letting her use crutches.

    Becky had to go with Chrissy in a taxicab home, due to her not being able to bend her leg with it being in a full cast from ankle to near the top of her leg. But they got back to the house just after Amy and Mandy got there.

    Mandy had the wheel chair ready when they pulled up in the cab. Amy helped Becky lift Chrissy out the Cab, and then drop her into the wheel chair. Then they entered the house, and headed for the kitchen.

    Becky put the kettle on, while Mandy sorted out an ice cold drink for Amy, as she wasn't aloud hot drinks for the next couple of days with her throat. Once they had their drinks they went to the living room to relax, and make the most of being away from the hospital.

    Mandy and Becky made some calls to let everyone know that they were back home again, and they soon had a steady stream of people calling round to wish Amy and Chrissy a speedy recovery.

    Sara and Cathy turned up first, and Sara had brought some marker pens with her. She was soon turning Chrissy's cast into a work of art.

    Prue turned up just before Mable, Jenna, Kim, Cathleen and David arrived, so it turned into a little party. Jenna and Kim set to work helping Amy and Becky to sort out some snacks for everyone. Chrissy really wanted to help, but she was in no fit state to do anything to help out.

    Mandy got Chrissy some of the painkillers they'd sorted out for her when she saw Chrissy was in some pain.

    "Thanks sis." Chrissy said, as she took the pills and the glass of water from Mandy.

    "You look worn out sis, do you want to head up to bed?" Mandy asked, as she looked at Chrissy.

    "I'm really sorry, but I think I will." Chrissy said with a sad look. "Do you have any idea how to get me up there?" Chrissy asked.

    "Maybe I can help out there." David said, as he stood up and then lifted Chrissy up in his arms and headed for the stairs.

    "Thanks David." Chrissy said, as she let him put her down on the bed.

    Chrissy was ready to be put in her own bed, but Mandy wanted to keep her, Becky and Amy close by for the time being, even though Chrissy was worried about hurting one of them while she slept. Mandy just brushed off Chrissy's worries about hitting them with her casts, and left Becky to help her get ready for bed.

    Mandy and Amy saw the last of the visitors out, and then got cleaned up before they also headed up to bed. Mandy was happy she had a super sized bed they could all sleep in.

    Amber's day had started off well because Ann was sat at her bedside when she woke, but she had been awake in the night with nightmares about Ann's farther trying to kill her, so she was later waking up that morning.

    "Hi Amber, how you feeling today?" Ann asked, as she stood up to help Amber with any thing she wanted to do.

    "Hi Annie. I was hoping to wake and find this was all a bad dream." Amber said with a week laugh.

    "I really wish it was Amber. Are you still in a lot of pain?" Ann asked.

    "Not at the minute, but I think they have me on some really good painkillers." Amber said with a little grin. "No Carl and Vic today?" Amber asked, as she looked around the room.

    "No, they are both sorting out things with getting you moved." Ann said with a smile. "Claire is here, but she went to sort out some tea for use both. Do you want me to let them know you're awake?" Ann asked.

    "Please, I could really use a drink, and something to eat." Amber said, as she ran her tong across her dry lips.

    Ann smiled, and then pushed the call button to let the nurses know Amber was awake. Ann asked the nurse if Amber could get a drink, and something to eat, as she was hungry.

    The nurse smiled, and said she'd be right back with a drink and some breakfast for her. She soon returned with a tray of food and a drink for her. Ann was soon feeding Amber scrambled egg on toast.

    "Did you get some sleep like I told you too?" Amber asked between mouthfuls of food.

    "Yes I did, but I was having some really bad dreams, so Claire dragged me down to her room for the rest of the night." Ann said with a smile.

    "Did you have some breakfast before you came back here?" Amber asked.

    "Do you really think Claire would let me leave the house without having breakfast?" Ann asked with a giggle.

    "Good point Annie." Amber said giggling as well.

    "I can't help it if I like to mother everyone." They both heard Claire say from the doorway, as she stood there with two cups of tea in her hands.

    "That's what we all love about you Claire." Amber said with a smile.

    "I can live with the title of mother hen." Claire said, as she walked over to the table Ann was feeding Amber from, and put the cups down on it. "How are you feeling today Amber?" Claire asked, as she brushed some stray hairs away from Amber's eyes.

    "I'm feeling better now I've had something to eat, and a drink." Amber said, just before Ann put another fork full of food in her mouth.

    Once Amber had finished her breakfast, and taken care of some other business, which she didn't much care for being help with by a couple of nurses, she settled down again. Amber spent the day nodding off, but was happy to see Ann and Claire there when she woke up. She smiled when she found Carl and Vic there on one of the times she woke.

    "Hi Carl, Vic. Did you manage to sort anything out with me being moved?" Amber asked.

    "Yes it's all sorted, but they can't move you for another couple of days. The other thing is, they won't let you fly, so I've had to sort out for an ambulance to drive you back down there." Carl said with a sad look.

    "I don't mind Carl, I just want to get back to Amy again." Amber said with a grin.

    "Are you really sure you want to give up on finishing collage?" Carl asked with a very serious look on his face.

    "Yes I am Carl. I nearly died the other night, and the only thing that I could think of was Amy." Amber said, as a tear ran down her cheek. "Everything else just faded away." Amber added with a smile.

    "I just wanted to make sure you were serious about it before you gave it all up." Carl said with a smile.

    "I just want to be with Amy. I'm sorry that I'll be letting Sara down, but I'm sure she'll find someone to help her design dresses that is way better than I am." Amber said with a sad look.

    "Why will you be letting Sara down? You'll be back on your feet in no time at all Amber." Carl said with a grin.

    "I'm about to drop out of collage, so I won't be qualified to help her out will I." Amber said.

    "That's funny, because all your teachers seem to think you are." Carl said with an even bigger grin.

    "What do you mean Carl? And when did you speak to my teachers at collage?" Amber asked with a puzzled look.

    "Zoe and Donna took me to meet with them today. I wanted to see what I could do to help you finish your course and get the degree you've worked so hard to get." Carl said.

    "I'm sorry Carl, but I won't want to leave Amy once I've told her how I feel. So I won't be able to return to finish the course." Amber said with a pained look on her face.

    "You won't have to Amber. They said you've done more than enough to pass the course." Carl said, as he handed her a peace of paper that said she had passed her collage course.

    "Did I really do it then Carl, or did you have to flash your cheque book around?" Amber asked with tears running down her cheeks.

    "Not this time Amber, you did it all on your own." Carl smiled.

    "I did it." Amber said, as she turned her head to look at Ann. "I did it Annie. I really did it." Amber said with a grin.

    "I know you could Amber, and you really did." Ann said with a smile. "I'm really proud of you sister." Ann added, as she gave her friend a very gentle hug.

    They all stopped until the nurses kicked them out, then they headed home after calling in for some take out food, so Claire wouldn't need to cook once they got back to her home.

    Carl told Ann that he and Vic were going to have to head back tomorrow, but she was to call if she needed anything, and that she was all set to drive back with Amber in the ambulance in a couple of days.

    Once they had all eaten, and the dishes were washed and put away, they all called it a night, and Ann spent a second night being cuddled by Claire, as she fell asleep.

    Carla and Vic went to see Amber at the hospital before they headed back to the airport, so they could head back home again to take care of business.

    "Thanks for everything Carl, and you Vic." Amber said, as she hugged them with her good arm.

    "You're most welcome Amber, now just focus on getting well again." Carl said. "We'll see you in a couple of days." Carl added with a smile.

    "Please don't tell Amy the reason for me coming back down there. I really want to be the one to tell her how I feel about her." Amber said with a pleading look.

    "Trust me Amber, you will be the one to drop that little bomb shell." Carl said with a grin. "We're going to run with the story that you need some special help with your hand." Carl added with an even bigger grin.

    "That's a pretty good story to run with Carl, you can be quite sneaky sometimes." Amber said grinning back at him.

    "Only sometimes? I need to work harder then." Carl said with a chuckle.

    With that said they both gave Ann and Claire a hug before leaving to return home.

    Ann spent the next couple of days looking after Amber, and making sure she didn't want for anything. Claire would come and go, as and when she could between looking after the house and making sure Zoe and Donna had breakfast before they left for collage. Ann was using Amber's car to drive around in to save Claire needing to run her back and forth to the hospital, but Amber was going to leave her car behind for the time being, so the girls could make use of it. Amber knew she wouldn't need it for some time.

    Amy woke to find herself pinned down by Chrissy's arm with the heavy cast on, so she lay there waiting for her to wake, as she didn't want to risk hurting her if she tried to move it. She didn't have to wait to long before she saw Chrissy open her eyes.

    "Morning Chrissy. How you feeling." Amy asked with a smile, and a very rough sounding voice.

    "Morning Amy. I'm doing okay, but I really need to use the bathroom." Chrissy said with a pained look.

    "Okay, don't let me stop you." Amy said with a smile without thinking, then it hit her. That Chrissy couldn't get to the bathroom without help. "Oh, I'm so sorry Chrissy, what can I do to help?" Amy asked, as she sat up.

    Amy stirred Mandy and Becky as she spoke, and sat up in bed. Mandy turned her head to see what all the movement was about.

    "Is everything okay?" Mandy asked in a sleepy voice.

    "Chrissy needs the bathroom." Amy shouted, as she tried to step over Mandy, and get out of bed.

    Mandy tried to mover out of Amy's way to help, but ended up catching Amy's foot and knocking her over. Mandy ended up with Amy's bottom in her face, and Amy's head down between her legs.

    Chrissy just burst out laughing when she saw how they both ended up. Chrissy soon realised that laughing while needing to use the toilet wasn't one of the better things to do.

    "Oh god, I really need to pee now." Chrissy said, as she tried to hold back the flow.

    Becky opened her eyes when she heard Amy scream, and then heard Chrissy start to laugh, so she looked over to see Mandy and Amy in a very compromising position.

    "Chrissy and I can leave the room, if you to want to spend some time together alone?" Becky said, as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

    Between what Becky just said, and the look on Mandy's face, Chrissy was soon laughing again. She was also having a lot of trouble trying not to wet the bed now.

    "Please stop making me laugh, and help me get to the bathroom." Chrissy said, as she tried to get her laughter under control.

    Mandy and Becky soon realised why Amy was trying to get out of bed so fast, and they soon jumped up and helped to carry Chrissy into the bathroom. Amy and Mandy left, and then let Becky take over the rest.

    "Sorry about falling on you Mandy." Amy said looking a little red faced.

    "Don't worry about it Amy, it was good to hear Chrissy laughing like that again." Mandy said, as she pulled Amy to her for a hug.

    Becky had to giggle when she saw the look of relief on Chrissy's face as she relaxed on the toilet.

    "How long have you been holding that in for babe?" Becky asked.

    "Most the night I think." Chrissy said, as she let out a sigh.

    "Why didn't you wake us and say something?" Becky asked in a stern tone of voice.

    "I didn't want to be a bother to any of you." Chrissy said looking like a little girl being told off by her mother.

    "It could have been a lot more bother if you'd wet the bed." Becky snapped.

    "I'm sorry Becky, I wasn't thinking." Chrissy said, as she started to cry. "I just feel so useless at the minute." She added, as she grabbed some toilet roll, so she could dry her eyes.

    "Becky! Is everything okay?" Mandy asked, as she knocked on the bathroom door.

    "Yes, you can come in again now if you want." Becky said, as she went to help Chrissy stand up again.

    "I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean to snap at you like that." Becky said, as she rapped her arms around Chrissy to hug her.

    Mandy and Amy entered the bathroom again to find Chrissy crying on Becky's shoulder as she hugged her.

    "Hay, what's wrong sis?" Mandy asked looking worried.

    "It's my fault Mandy, I just snapped at her for being silly." Becky said, as she let Mandy and Amy help get her back out of the bathroom, and over to the bed again.

    "Why was you being silly sis?" Mandy asked, as she sat on the bed next to her.

    Chrissy just sat drying her eyes with the peace of toilet paper she still had in her hand, she was too depressed to say anything, as she thought that Mandy would shout at her too.

    "She's been needing the toilet most the night, but didn't want to be a bother to any of us, so she just held it in." Becky said.

    "Chrissy, we all understand that you can't just slip out of bed at the minute, and go to the toilet, but you'll never be a bother to us." Mandy said, as she hugged her baby sister.

    "I was just telling Becky that I just feel so useless right now sis." Chrissy said, as she rested her head on Mandy's shoulder.

    "I know how you feel Chrissy, but trust that we all understand that you'd be doing the same for us if it was the other way round, and you did do all this sort of stuff when it was me." Amy said, as she knelt down in front of Chrissy and looked up at her with a smile. "So just relax and let us take care of you for once." Amy added.

    They all grabbed their dressing gowns and then made their way down stairs. Mandy and Becky let Chrissy put her arms around their necks, while Amy grabber her legs, and they all carried Chrissy down to the kitchen so they could sort out some breakfast. They knew it looked an odd way to get Chrissy down to the kitchen, but it worked.

    Chrissy sat with Mandy at the table watching Becky and Amy sort out breakfast, and she just wanted to be helping them out.

    "Are you going into work today sis?" Chrissy asked, as she tried to take her mind of watching Becky and Amy run around.

    "I'm afraid I have to sis, we didn't open yesterday, and we never got the Ebay orders out on Wednesday either." Mandy said with a pained look.

    "I'd offer to come with you, but I'd just get in the way, more than I'd help." Chrissy said, as she looked at her plaster cast arm, and then her leg.

    "I know you would sis, but you just need to rest up, and get better." Mandy said with a smile. "I'll still have Amy to help me as well, so it won't be too bad." Mandy added, as she pattered Chrissy on the hand.

    Becky and Amy soon had breakfast on the table, and they all sat and ate in silence. Once they had finished Mandy and Becky helped to get Chrissy in her wheelchair, so she was a little more mobile.

    Mandy and Amy then went up to get ready to leave for work. Amy was feeling really down about being able to go to work, while Chrissy and Amber were both lay up unable to do much of anything.

    Becky brought Chrissy to the front door with her, so they could wave to Mandy and Amy as they drove out the driveway on their way to work.

    "This feels really weird Mandy, driving to work and leaving Chrissy back at home." Amy said, as she sat in the front of the car where Chrissy would normally be sat.

    "I know what you mean Amy, but she wouldn't be able to do much if she came with us, and we wouldn't be able to get her up to the toilet when she wanted to go. So she's best at home where Becky can look after her." Mandy said with a smile.

    "I know Mandy, but I just. It doesn't matter." Amy said, as she went back to looking out the window again.

    "What's wrong Amy? I can see that something's bothering you." Mandy said.

    "I'll be okay Mandy, it's just the shock of what happened with my farther, and him trying to kill me Chrissy and Amber." Amy said.

    "I can understand all that Amy, but I can also see that something else is getting you down, so come one, tell me." Mandy prodded.

    Amy just looked out the car window at all the people running around, and getting on with their lives. Then she turned to Mandy and spoke.

    "Why am I still able to move around and live my life, while Chrissy and Amber can't?" Amy said looking sad. "Why did my farther feel the need to hurt them, and not just take it out on me!" Amy shouted in anger.

    "They both chose to protect you the best way they could Amy, and they would both do it again because they both love you." Mandy said, as she parked the car around the back of the shop.

    "I just feel so guilty about it all Mandy." Amy said, as she let her head drop.

    "We all feel the same way Amy, its all part of caring for your friends and family." Mandy said, as she held Amy's hand. "Come on, we have a shop to sort out, and work to do." Mandy added, as she got out the car, and walked around to Amy's side to help her get out herself.

    They got the shop opened up and then set about cleaning up the mess from the other day, then they set to work sorting out the Ebay orders and getting everything ready for the changing service at the hotel.

    Amy came running from the back of the shop when she heard Mandy squeal just before lunchtime, but she soon relaxed again when she saw it was Carl and Vic in the shop. Mandy was wrapped in his arms catching up on missed kisses.

    "Mandy! Did you have to scream like that? You scared the life out of me." Amy said with her hands on her hips.

    "I'm sorry baby sister, but I've missed by lover." Mandy said with a pout.

    "I'll let you off this time then big sister." Amy said with a smile. "Hi Carl, Vic. Did you have a good trip back down here?" Amy asked, as she walked over to where they were stood with Mandy.

    "Yes the trip back was fine, but I still felt a little bad leaving Ann to deal with it all back there, but I had to get back to sort out business here." Carl said looking a little sad.

    "I'm sure Ann can watch over Amber being moved on Sunday Carl baby. She is really smart you know." Mandy said, as she kissed him again.

    "Will we be able to visit her on Sunday when she gets here?" Amy asked.

    "I can't see why not, I'm paying enough for the privet hospital room." Carl said with a chuckle. "I must warn you though Amy, Amber is in a pretty bad way." Carl added with a sad look.

    "I can imagine she is Carl, I've seen what he did to Chrissy, and that was only a taste of what Amber must have got from him." Amy said looking really sad again. "I'm sorry for all this trouble and pain I've brought into your lives." Amy added, as she broke down in sobs of tears.

    "You're not to blame for any of this Amy." Carl said, as he hugged her. "That man had no right to do what he did to you, or your friends." Carl added, as he led Amy through to the back room so she could sit down and have some lunch.

    "I'm sorry, but I just feel like it's all my fault." Amy said, as she took the bottle of water Vic passed her.

    "Amy, you were nearly killed by a man you thought was put on this earth to protect you. I can't even begin to think how that must make you feel. So stop being sorry, and just be glad you're still here to tell the tale." Carl said with a smile.

    What Carl said did make Amy feel a little better, and she did still have Chrissy and Amber to call her sisters, so she smiled at them all, and then helped Vic set up the lunch.

    Amy told Carl and Vic what happened in the shop, and they both looked mad at parts, and relieved at other parts. They both made a point to thank Brad for what he did when they saw him later.

    Lunch seemed to end too soon for Mandy. She wanted to sit and chat with Carl all afternoon, but they needed to get the clothing back to the hotel ready for Maria and Cathy to work their magic on the customers for the changing service, ready for a night of partying.

    Mandy and Amy waved them off at the front of the shop before they headed back in and got started on the Ebay, and online shop orders.

    Chrissy was sat in the living room flicking through a cookbook when she heard the doorbell. Then she heard Becky shout, "I'll get it!" Chrissy just giggled, as she looked down at her leg in the full cast, as it rested on a stool.

    "They'd have a really long wait for me to get there at the minute." Chrissy thought to herself with a little giggle.

    Chrissy heard Becky chatting with someone as they walked towards the living room, so she turned her head to see who it might be.

    "Hi Beth!" Chrissy shouted with a smile, as she saw them enter the room. "What brings you here?" Chrissy asked.

    "Hi Chrissy. How you feeling today?" Beth asked with a smile, as she walked over to where Chrissy was sat, and gave her a hug. "Becky asked if I'd come and look after you while she went for her driving lesson." Beth added, as she sat on the sofa next to her.

    "Babe! I told you I'd have been okay for an hour while you had your lesson." Chrissy whined.

    "I know what you said princess, but I don't want to take a chance on you trying to get to the toilet on your own while I'm out, and this way I can focus on my driving lesson." Becky said, as she leaned down and kissed Chrissy.

    "If you don't want me hear I can leave again." Beth said with a pout, as she went to get up.

    "Please don't leave Beth." Chrissy said, as she grabbed Beth's arm. "I'm just worried about being a burden to everyone." Chrissy added with a pained look.

    "You're no burden Chrissy. I'm glad Becky asked me to come and sit with you." Beth said with a smile, as she pattered Chrissy on the knee. "I don't get to see nearly enough of you or the others away from the club, and it's lonely at the flat with Mark flying here there and everywhere." Beth added with a smile.

    "I trust I can leave you to then? It looks like my driving instructor has just pulled into the driveway." Becky said, as she looked out the window.

    "We'll be fine baby. Good luck on your lesson." Chrissy said, just before Becky leaned down for another kiss.

    "I don't need luck babe, I'm a natural born driver." Becky said with a grin. "Thanks for keeping an eye on my princess for me Beth." Becky added, as she leaned over and hugged Beth, and then gave her a peck on the cheek.

    "Thanks for asking me boss." Beth said with a grin, as she hugged her back.

    Becky was soon leaving the room, and then the house, to go and take her last driving lesson before her test next week. She knew she'd have one more lesson right before her test, but she didn't really think of that as a normal lesson.

    Beth helped Chrissy to her feet, so she could watch Becky driving a car, as she was normally at work when she had her lessons. Chrissy was really proud of her wife, as she watched her drive out onto the road again. Chrissy found herself wondering if Becky was glad the driveway had two gateways due to how large it was. You could drive in one gate and out the other. Chrissy wasn't sure how good Becky was at reversing.

    "She's really good, don't you think?" Chrissy asked, as Beth helped her return to the sofa.

    "She did look quite natural at it." Beth said looking surprised.

    Beth spent the next hour and a half chatting with Chrissy about fashion, cooking and what it was like for each of them growing up. Then they went to the kitchen when Becky got back, so Beth could help with dinner, while Chrissy sat in her wheelchair and watched.

    Chrissy and Becky soon had Beth giggling at the way they would play around with each other. Beth could see that they were as much, if not more in love as her and Mark were.

    Beth got a big hug off Amy and Mandy when they got home from the shop later. Then she watched as Amy went and hugged Chrissy before she started asking if she needed anything.

    "Do you need anything Chrissy?" Amy asked, as she broke the hug she was giving her.

    "I'm fine Amy, and you both look worn out, so I don't want you running around after me all night." Chrissy said in a firm voice. "Was it a tough day at the shop without me?" Chrissy asked with a sad look.

    "What do you mean Chrissy, where you not there with us? We never noticed." Mandy said with a puzzled look.

    "Oh, I see." Chrissy said with a hurt look.

    "Hay, I was only joking with you sis. Yes we missed you silly." Mandy said with a smile, as she gave Chrissy a hug, and then kissed her on the cheek. "We never realised just how well you kept everything organised. Amy and I seemed to be running around a lot more without you to tell us what to do." Mandy added, as she sat at the table, and took the glass of juice Beth just handed her.

    "I missed you big sister Chrissy, even if Mandy didn't." Amy said, as she gave Chrissy another hug. "Thanks Beth." Amy said, as she broke the hug, and then took the glass of juice Beth offered her.

    Becky had already talked Beth into staying for dinner, so once it was ready they all sat at the table and made a start on eating it. Becky had to cut up Chrissy's for her, as she couldn't do a lot with her broken wrist, and the cast on there. Becky left just after dinner to go and get ready for work at the club. Mandy showed Beth to her bedroom, so she could get ready for work as well.

    Chrissy had to stay in the kitchen with Amy and Mandy, as she couldn't do a lot to help Becky get ready in her state anyway.

    The girls got a shock when they saw Vicky and Carla stood at the door when they opened it. They were just expecting it to be Vicky.

    "Hi Vicky, hi Carla. Nice to see you both." Chrissy said, as she sat in her wheelchair.

    "Hi Chrissy, how you feeling princess?" Carla asked, as she leaned down to give her a hug. "That looks really painful." Carla said, as she looked at the black eye and bruised cheek.

    "It does hurt a little, but it's a small price to pay for saving a friend." Chrissy said with a smile, as she looked up at Amy.

    "Hi Vicky. Could you do me a big favour please?" Chrissy asked with a little girl smile.

    "Hi Chrissy. I'll do anything for my little warrior princess." Vicky said with a grin, as she bent down to look at Chrissy a little better.

    "Do you think you could carry me up stairs please? I don't want to make hard work for Mandy and Amy later." Chrissy asked with a pleading look.

    "I wouldn't call that a big favour princess." Vicky said, as she lifted Chrissy out the wheelchair like she was a small child. "Will you lead the way Amy, so you can open the bedroom door for us?" Vicky asked, as she waited for Amy to go up the stairs in front of her.

    "Thanks Vicky, and sorry for being such a pain." Chrissy said, as she hugged her, and then gave her a peck on the cheek.

    "Don't ever worry about being a pain with me Chrissy" Vicky said, as she hugged her back. "If you ever need anything, just call me, and I'll come running." Vicky added with a smile, just before she left the room to go and join the others down stairs again.

    Becky had followed them upstairs, so she gave Chrissy a hug, and then kissed her on the lips before grinning and then running from the room before Chrissy could have a go at her over making a mess of her lipstick.

    Amy went down to see Becky, Carla, Beth and Vicky off before she went to her room to grab her laptop and a movie. Then she returned to Mandy's room where Vicky had put Chrissy.

    "What you doing Amy?" Chrissy asked when she saw Amy enter the room with her laptop.

    "I thought we'd watch a movie on my laptop." Amy said with a grin, as she plugged her power lead in and then fired it up.

    Chrissy got an even bigger shock when Mandy entered the room with a big bowl of popcorn, and a bottle of wine.

    "I've locked up down stairs, so we can all get ready for bed, and then watch a movie, and pig out on popcorn." Mandy said with a grin, as she handed Chrissy the popcorn to hold onto while she and Amy got ready for bed.

    Chrissy had never bothered to get dressed, as she knew she wasn't going anywhere. She sat nibbling on the popcorn while she watched them both run off to find there night cloths.

    They spent the rest of the night enjoying a comedy, and having a really good laugh before they all got tired and got their heads down.

    Saturday was a repeat of Friday except Beth never came around, and Becky didn't have a driving lesson. Mandy and Amy went to work, but they never went to the club that night, as they weren't going to leave Chrissy at home a lone. They both decided that they wouldn't be going to the club again until Amber and Chrissy were both back on their feet again.

    Amy went to bed feeling really nervous about seeing Amber the next day. Carl had already warned her that Amber looked pretty bad, but she was expected to make a full recovery given time. Amy was glad to feel Chrissy wrap her arm around her, even if it was weighed down by the wait of the cast.


 
To Be Continued...

Remember your comments are the Author's only form of payment! So leave one if you like this story!

 

Edited By ChrisW

up
141 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Part 19 you have it all wrong is up!

As Sara Has promised, she sent sent me Part 19! So I got it out ASAP!

I edited this myself instead of farming it out to HOPE because of time constraints.
Again it was the logical thing to do, so Hope please don't stay mad at me.

If I had, had time you would have gotten this to edit, not that there was much to do!

Sara "IS" getting better! "Really"

If you see a typo then I missed it! So please let me know about it!

HUGGELS
ChrisW

Konichiwa

loved it

thank you saraUK for not leaving us hanging for weeks these two chapters have been very great so thank and heres looking for more lovely works of art and enjoy ment from you
with hugs from sarav

OMG that was a great

OMG that was a great chapter, I sort of figured who had done it when you said Ambers fingers had been broken one at a time. This chapter was a very emotionally challenging one, I was in tears most of the way through.

First sad at what had been done then relief then worry then sad then relief again damn talk about a roller coater chapter but well worrth it. I am so looking forward to the next chapter I am so pleased Amber got her pass and will be moving to where Amy is to confess her love.

Sara as always you have written a great chapter and thank you for getting it to us so quickly after 18, I am not sure how I could have coped waiting too long with the cliffhanger in 18.

Thanks Chris for editing it quickly too.

Hugs

Megumi :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Thanks for this wonderful

Thanks for this wonderful chapter, and so soon! At last Amber has got her priorities straight!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

awesome story

awesome story, the only comment that i feel i need to add is regarding the numerous typographical errors.

among those are these 2 from the very last 2 paragraphs of chapter19:
a lone instead of alone
in the last paragraph you have "weighed down by the wait of the cast." wait should be weight. i was stunned to see that misspelled after weighed was correct.

the story itself is riveting, i was thinking only yesterday after reading chapter 18 that i really hoped we wouldn't be kept waiting, and chapter 19 had me in tears more than once.

EXCELLENTE

bravo. bravo. more. more. encore. encore.
eagerly awaiting your next installment.
Luv
'Sika

Riveting as usual

The many typos used to annoy me but I have now got used to them.

As to the father (not farther), the words 'nuts' and 'knife' spring to mind. But then, that's inhuman.

I'm really glad that everyone's OK and that this has spurred Amber to get her priorities right. I don't suppose we're out of the woods yet, but there's hope.

Great story; Chinese water torture's got nothing on you, Sara.

Susie

father?

I just did a look back, and couldn't find "father" use incorrectly in any of them!
As in Part 18 "didn't like Kat's father." It was used in the correct form!

What you all have to understand is this is in the UK and written with English terms. Not American mutilation of the English language!

HUGGELS
ChrisW

Konichiwa

Sorry about all the typo's

I'm really sorry about all the spelling and grammer problems with my story, and I wish I was a lot smarter, and able to fix them, or not make them in the first place.
Chris has said a number of times that he's not a proof reader, so please don't blame him for missing things.
I'm really quite amazed that anyone bothers reading it with all the silly typo's I make. I really am trying to get better with it all, but looking at the comments I guess I still have a long way to go yet.
Thanks again for taking the time to read my story, and I'm really sorry for the poor quality of my writing.

Hugs & Love

SaraUK

No worries!

Don't knock yourself, Sara! You may make some minor errors, but they're the kind that are easily overlooked. A lot of published novels have as many or worse mistakes in them. I've seen lots of stories with much more severe shortcomings in the grammatical and spelling areas. Besides, you're writing is great! Quality of writing is about more than spelling and grammar (Heck, I break the rules on purpose all the time).

Professional writers have editors that catch this kind of stuff for them (I'm sure many of them are a lot worse off than you). Even if you never improve in that area, you'll still be a great writer!

Please don't get discouraged, and keep up the good work! ^_^

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Not a Big Deal

Sara, your stories and plot lines always make sense. It's actually pretty easy to just mentally insert the correct word for the few problems there are and read on. I think virtually everyone would much rather have your stories as they are than not at all.

Thank you, and please don't be discouraged.

Hey Sara,

I wouldn't keep reading if it wasn't gripping stuff. I very quickly grew to love this little family and just wish that something like it had been available when I was that age.

Anyway, to paraphrase; "Those that can, WRITE; those that can't, enjoy the fruits of your labours".

We can't all be English graduates; come to think of it, I never was. I'm thankful for the efforts of Angela Rasch, from whom I've already learned a great deal about improving my story-telling.

Susie

keep it going

I was surprised and delighted that this chapter came so soon. I'm addicted. Thanks for the great story.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Thought so...

As soon as it was revealed that the perpetrator wasn't a burglar, my thoughts immediately turned to Amy and Ann's pathetic excuse of a father - this was reinforced by her injuries and the neighbour's comments. It was a good job Brad turned up in the nick of time though!

Meanwhile, it looks as though in the next episode, Amy and Amber will finally reconcile their feelings towards each other - and it was nifty for Carl to find out she'd already secured enough credits to pass the course (although it wouldn't surprise me if the joint project with Sara was used in lieu of the main course project).

As for the writing itself, yes, there were a few typos scattered around, but they were easy to mentally correct and didn't really detract from the flow of the story. Besides which, the 'wrong' words were all correctly spelled (although out of context), so wouldn't have been picked up by an automatic spellchecker.

The one that made me chuckle though was a mention of "Xena, our worrier princess", which in a way was quite apt given how the characters continually worry about each other... :)

 


EAFOAB Episode Summaries

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!