A Legal Trap - Chapter 14

Printer-friendly version

Last Updated: 3/22/2024 additional chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 15th, 8:58 p.m.
The tour of my six-hundred and ten-square-foot apartment took all of two minutes. I didn't know what to do with myself through the tour and felt fidgety the entire time. I hoped he wouldn't...

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm... I just don't entertain or anything," I replied softly.

"Not expecting anything," Paul began. "Well, maybe some water?"

"Yeah, sure, I've got water... Sit, I guess, and a, wanna see if there's something on TV or whatever?"

I turned toward the kitchen, and within a couple steps, I was at the refrigerator. I pulled the Brita pitcher out, pouring a couple glasses of water for us.

"Here you go," I said, handing him the glass. "Nothing on?"

"You don't have to try so hard, Liz. Look, if I weren't here, what would you be doing?"

I looked at him, "I'd be showered, done with my nightly skin regime, and in bed."

"Your regime works exceptionally well, I gotta say."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I challenged playfully.

"Those legs, I mean, they are very appealing," he said, smiling.

"Come on... They're pasty white and too long for my body. It's like I've got a shorter span than normal from my waist on up," I complained.

My arms were too long, too, but I held back from complaining any further about my features because I didn't want to spiral out of control. Don't get me started on my boney, wide shoulders and thin arms I thought!

He laughed politely and then looked at me with a serious gaze and said, "I strongly disagree." After a moment, he added, "I should probably get out of your hair, eh?"

No!! That's not what I want. Do that mind-reading thing you do! I don't want you to leave! Do I press him? Screw it!

"You just got here," I replied, maybe a little shyly on purpose.

"Yeah, but you've got an early morning, and so do I. It's late, I... I just wanted to be…"

I interjected, "Then 'be' and quit this talk about leaving."

I had been standing in front of him since giving him the glass of water, and when I reached for it, he passed it back to me with a confused look on his face. I placed our glasses on the coffee table, and without considering what I was doing, I straddled him on the couch, sitting in his lap, our faces mere inches apart.

Luckily, the wispy skirt fabric made that an easy endeavor, though I had to hike the slip underneath up a little. Wearing this today was so he could get a look at my legs, so mission accomplished there.

I could feel his hands on my hips; see the smile on his face.

"Oh, well hello, beautiful," Paul said, looking into my eyes.

"Hello, yourself," was my reply before I leaned in to kiss him.

The kiss was sensual, soft, and passionately slow. His hands left my hips, one finding its way to my neck, which made me shudder slightly, and the other was at my back, pulling me in closer. I was literally melting...

Paul was the one to finally break the kiss, and when I opened my eye a moment later, he was staring at me intently.

"I've got no expectations, Liz. I just want to, well, to be with you."

"I'd like that, and I have that same feeling," I said as I wiggled myself off of him and stood. I offered him my hand, which he took, and I guided him to my room.

March 15th, 9:16 p.m.
I excused myself after a little bit of heavy kissing and groping besides my bed to go change out of my work clothes into something that was more comfortable, yet not revealing too much. I left Paul in the bedroom with the suggestion that he get 'comfortable'. I pulled his dress shirt from his pants to emphasize the request. I hope he understood what I meant, as I would be returning wearing very little after changing in my bathroom.

When I got to the bathroom, I did the basics: got undressed, got out of the gaffe and tape holding things securely out of sight, and donned a baggy t-shirt. I wasn't sure if I was up for more than we'd done this past Saturday night, but I did prep with lube in case. Well, in case I decided I wanted to go a bit further, if he wanted to, maybe...

Yeah, maybe this was a bad idea. Am I rushing this? I don't want to push him away or come on too strong. Augh! Screw it! I grabbed the little bottle of lube and found a condom in the back of the bottom vanity drawer. It was a couple years old, and I wondered if these things had a shelf life. Good grief! As if I don't have enough other things to worry about, and here I am thinking about expiration dates!

When I returned to my room, the lamp on my nightstand was on, the covers were back enough for me to climb in, and Paul was bare-chested and covered from the waist down with the bedding. I could see him watching me, and I wondered what he was thinking. Was he worried about this? What even is 'this'? Did he notice the bottle of lube and the condom?

FUCK! Of course he did! Had I just stated my intentions?!

I wasted no time closing the bathroom door behind me to a sliver and making it to the lamp to cut off the light source that would give him a clear visual of me before I became too embarrassed to function. There would be a tiny sliver of light coming in from the living room with the crack in my bedroom door, but not enough for him to clearly see me or me him.

I fumbled in the dark to set the lube and condom down on the nightstand. Why am I so nervous?

Didn’t I want to see his body? He had a beautiful body, and ever since seeing it, I had spent a lot of time thinking about seeing more of it, experiencing more of him—like MORE OF HIM! Of course, the flip side of the coin was that I didn't want him to see me, for obvious reasons. Augh! Get over yourself!

I hurriedly climbed into bed and snuggled up next to him, giving him a quick kiss as we situated ourselves under the covers. He got an arm around me, and I took a relaxed breath.

"You okay?"

I leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm just whatever."

What? I can't speak a coherent thought with his aroused manhood pressed against my midriff now can I?!

"I'm happy to just lay here. Hell, give me ten minutes, and I'll be asleep," he said with what sounded like a nervous chuckle.

Was he nervous? What do I do now? Do I... I let my hand wander between us and found what had been poking my upper belly. He stiffened as I wrapped my fingers around his aroused cock. Well, this has progressed quickly I thought smiling in the dark.

"I'm hoping for more than ten minutes... Well, unless you really want to go to sleep." I was sure that sounded like I was nervous.

"You believe me when I say I'm just happy to just be here with you, right?"

"Yes," I said and squeezed his cock a little, pulling on it lovingly. "And you believe me when I say I don't want you to go."

Through clenched teeth, he replied softly, "Yes."

"Good... We just need to be slow about, well, you know...”

That came out all nervous for sure! I wanted to add that I wasn’t exactly your typical girl, but he knew that. Maybe I should slow down all this...

I felt my body being rolled on top of him, and instinctively, I spread my legs to get settled and in a straddling position. I could feel his manhood resting on my ass cheeks after I got comfortable and he’d adjusted to be comfortable too. Alrighty then! That progressed quickly! I guess he wants what I'm wanting.

What also moved quickly was us greedy kissing of one another, with one of his hands on my ass squeezing me gently and the other moving beneath my t-shirt to gently kneading my breasts. There was tugging and pinching of my nipples, and it was driving me crazy! There was moaning, there were hips moving into one another, and there was a freedom I felt—a soaring I couldn't ever remember feeling before.

When we came up for air, I whispered in his ear, "This... I'm sorry, but it could..."

"Liz, I'm pretty sure I understand. I'll follow your lead as best I can," he said, trying to study my face as best he could in the darkness of the room.

He gave my thigh a reassuring caress and we…

March 16th, 9:33 a.m.
My morning had started off a bit more awkward than usual. Reason being, I’d woken up to there being a man in my bed. Last time that had happen was well over two years ago I think. All of that awkward hit me when my alarm started blaring and Paul stirred beside me.

When he rolled over to hug me, we might have gotten carried away a bit exploring one another, but we knew the clock was ticking and still needed to get to Paul’s place so he could get ready for work. That’s normal though right? I mean, everything about being with him feel that way. So we’re normal…

While maybe not the norm to wake having a man in my bed, it was a comforting feeling for a little bit. At least until I thought about what him being here had produced the night before and worrying about how he felt about all that had transpired. Sex… Raw and urgent and slow and dare I even think it could have been just two people making love?

However I wanted to classify it, the experience had been a shift in my world’s orbit and thinking about having been with him had my whole line of dominoes I'd neatly placed in a row over the past couple years tumbling over while getting ready for work.

It was interesting that even Paul seemed to be feeling his own version of my awkward stresses and afterglow drunkenness. I took that as a sign that he didn't sleep around all that often, though it could have been he felt awkward knowing he hadn’t been a typical CIS woman. If that was the case, he sure wasn’t putting out that vibe as we got moving to get out of my apartment.

On the way to his place he'd said something to that effect he felt a little nervous about how I felt about last night. Damn his mind-reading abilities! I assured him, after much tripping over my tongue that we’d done well. To which he answered, “That’s what I was thinking. We just sort of fit…” He’s comment warmed me and I knew I was blushing, so had purposely looked out the window to avoid eye contact, but agreed with him after a moment.

Another bright spot of the morning—I didn’t have to commute by bus to the office—and I got to see Paul's home, which was a townhome in Alki with peek-a-boo views of Elliot Bay and the Seattle skyline when the trees were moving just right in the wind. After I'd gotten a quick tour, he bolted for the shower and a change of clothes. I had thought a lot about asking him to shower with me at my place, but he missed the signs or wasn't reading my mind. We'd probably have been late to work had we showered together I was pretty sure on that point.

As it was we arrived at the office ten minutes early, and no one noticed us while we were in the parking garage or getting off the elevator together. They did, however, notice him in my office for nearly an hour as we went over keywords I wanted him to search for within Janet and Martin's emails and their financials.

He was sitting behind my desk, and I was standing behind him when Lisa made her first pass by my office at 8:30. Then again at 9, Paul caught that she was passing and waved at her which caused her to pop her head in to say 'Good morning...' and thankfully was gone after that.

Now she was at my office door with a shit-eating grin, and I was not looking forward to what was coming.

"Coffee, early," she asked.

"I'm super busy, Lisa." I'm sure it sounded like I was complaining and worried that the complaint might be misconstrued.

"We'll be ten minutes, fifteen tops. Come on, I'll buy."

She was too perky; something was up.

"Fine..." I gave in because I knew she would be on me until I'd been worn down and agreed.

March 16th, 9:45 a.m.
Surprisingly, the elevator ride down was fairly tame, given we're usually making faces at guys in suits or just being silly. And then her coffee banter with Bryant was about the usual amount of playful flirting and suggestive innuendos. But the ride back to our office had one little question I couldn't ignore.

"Mr. Kline, give you a ride in today."

My heart sank, and I felt the hot cup of coffee teeter in my hand momentarily. I thought about denying it, but she already knew. Had someone seen us? I was about to be...

"Before you go freaking out, I saw you in his car when I was waiting to cross at 4th and James just before 8," she said, now looking directly at me.

I shrugged and as I was getting ready to answer her, the elevator door opened on the third floor, and a couple guys in suits joined us for a ride to the floor just below ours. I sighed, but I knew this conversation wasn't over.

Lisa diverted her eyes to the guy just in front of her, scrunching her lips, licking them, and mouthing 'nice ass' at me. I rolled my eyes and had to look away so I wouldn’t burst out laughing.

Once they got off, she just looked at me waiting for an answer. I stalled as long as I could and got out, "It's complicated..." before the doors were opening to our floor.

"Lunch then?" she asked.

"I'm really hosed right now... You know who I'm assigned to right now; she's relentless!"

"I'll cut you some slack, but you've certainly got me interested in what you're up to."

She was grinning and sounded like she just wanted to give me a chance to share. I prayed there wasn't going to be any drama or fallout from this Paul thing. What if I enlisted her help? I'd said something like that in a complaint to her yesterday; maybe she could be a sounding board for me?

"I could really use some guidance; I like him, Lisa... I don't want to screw this up."

"I got your back, girl. Let’s discuss this later, okay?" She asked, hugging me before we went our separate ways to our offices.

Augh! Why does everything have to be so damn difficult?!

March 16th, 1:06 PM
I'd blown off lunch with Lisa, which was a good thing because Gina Barnes wanted the status of our progress. I'd queried Cal and Michelle, and they'd knocked out sixty percent of their assignments, which was great, but my progress wasn't even close to that. I explained that I had just received the results of email and financial scans before lunch, and there were several thousand of each to go through.

"The best project managers attack their assignments with enthusiasm and integrity," Gina began. "Those characteristics tend to be contagious for teams. You're more than competent, Elizabeth, and I've heard your problem-solving skills are quite advanced. There's a hard deadline; I can't extend it."

The funny thing about anxiety for me is that I either sail through stress or crash hard, wanting to curl up in the fetal position when not medicated. I'd taken a Xanax prior to meeting with Gina, so I sailed right through it without much doom or gloom clouds drenching me with rain, like I had seen through her window as we talked. In the end, I all but guaranteed I'd have everything she'd asked for by Monday. Now if I can only deliver.

Staring at my computer screen and scrolling through emails, looking for even a shred of inappropriate correspondence with the Port of Seattle's union, was tedious. My method of attack was to skim and bucket emails into categories of interest varying from 'None' to 'Potentially Investigate' to 'Explore'. The bucketed emails from Janet had seven hundred and forty-six in the 'None' bucket, seventy in the 'Potentially Investigate' bucket, and one hundred and fifty-two in the 'Explore'. Fuck! Was I...

"You look deep in thought..."

I looked up and couldn't help but smile. "Yeah, well. Not the kind of thoughts I'd like to be thinking," I replied.

Paul was all smiles. "I've maybe had a few instances of that today, thinking about... That was a really special Liz."

I knew I was full of blushing and wasn't sure what to say back, but I squeaked shyly, "You weren't so bad yourself, Mr. Kline."

"Oh, we're grading now," he asked with mock indignity.

I could feel the flushing now, the little bit of nervousness in my stomach, maybe even my shyness showing, though I'd started this whole flirting banter between us. I needed to get back on task, or I'd be a puddle of pudding on the floor.

"What's up?"

"I hadn't thought about deleted emails or whether Blass had tried to dump stuff. I'm running scans now and have asked Iron Mountain for backups going back a couple years. I talked to our rep, and there hadn't been any requests for backups or to outright delete any backups, so we should see if there were any attempts to bury emails."

"Oh, you can do that?" I asked.

"Well, I can do a lot of things," he chuckled. "But this will take a couple days; I'm sorry about that." He looked like he'd let me down or something.

"Don't worry about it, but I'm certainly curious now. Thanks for thinking about that."

"Are you going to be working late?"

Ask me to dinner... Say you want a repeat of last night...

"Liz?"

Augh!

"Sorry, I... I was thinking, from this set of emails you've collected, can we filter them anymore? Throw some keyword searches to new things I’ve found, maybe come up with a subset."

"Absolutely! You want to email me your keywords?" he asked, enthused.

"I'll do that..."

We talked a little more about what I was doing, and he was supportive but wasn't sure how he could help anymore. I told him he'd already made my job easier and thanked him for the assist. He left without asking me about either of those thoughts I'd had. Mr. Hit and Miss on the mind-reading thing he seemed to do!

Back to work...

March 16th, 9:12 p.m.
At 8:49 PM, Gina Barnes had stuck her head in my office to see how I was doing. We talked briefly about the progress, but I didn't get the sense she was too impressed. She was leaving for the day and told me if I needed a ride home to get an Uber and I could turn in an expense form for that. I still had the company Amex card, so I had a way to pay for it, unless I wanted to find an ATM somewhere around here.

That bit of our conversation reminded me I needed to fill out an expense form for my trip to Phoenix and cash that bonus check Jacob had authorized yesterday. Augh...

I was starving, tired, and stressed. My search for snack options within the office got me nothing worthwhile, so I'd hopped the elevator to the lobby and got a pre-made sandwich and a bag of chips right before they closed at 9. When I reentered the office, the cleaning crew had just begun doing their thing, so I closed my office door to drown out the vacuum cleaner noise. I'd settled in to staring at my computer...

FUCK! I about jumped out of my skin as my cellphone began to ring! I fumbled to get it from my purse and caught the caller ID: Paul.

"Hello you," I tried to sound like I wasn't fazed or startled.

I'd last seen him around 6 p.m. when he popped in to say he was heading to his parents place for dinner. I'd like to have been invited, but I had too much to get done. Well, dinner with him, not his parents – not yet! Guess life would have to take a backseat for a few days, maybe weeks—I hoped not.

"You're still at work.”

It wasn't a question; he knew—how did he know? I wondered how much I could mess with him.

"No, I'm home," I replied trying to sound like I wasn’t hiding anything.

"Don't think so, Liz... I see you just scanned your keycard to get back into the office. You need a ride home?"

Ah ha! Sneaky, Mr. Kline, very sneaky.

"Nah, I can Uber it. Gina said to expense it."

"Oh, okay..."

He sounded disappointed. That's a good thing, right?

"I'm beat, Paul... I think I just want to shower and get some sleep."

It's not all I wanted to do, but if he came to get me, it would be an even longer night, and I'd be paying for it tomorrow. Come to think of it, I was paying for last night still—a little sore down there still. I smiled, thinking it was so worth it.

"Gotcha... Yeah, long day, I guess. Making any headway with that subset of emails?"

"Yup, but I'm probably being too analytical about my categorizing of them. I think I can get some help with these from Cal; he sounded like he might have bandwidth in a day or two."

"Cool... Well, get out of there soon and text me when you're home."

"You sound like you care, Mr. Kline," I said playfully.

"If that's what you're hearing, then I'm glad there isn't any confusion. Really, Liz, pack it up and get out of there. Let me know when you make it home, please."

How couldn't I feel a glow spreading throughout my body from hearing that?

March 19th, 11:52 AM
It was already Friday, and I was drowning in this assignment. The only bright spot in the last couple days had been seeing Paul—inside of work only, unfortunately—and that Cal and Michelle had finished their assignments and were now combing through the financials I hadn't even begun to get to.

The emails from Janet and Martin were taking forever to review. I'd made it through the bulk of the sent emails and was beginning to look at the deleted set Paul had given me. Most were crap, nothing but... Wait a second, what the fuck?

From: Jones, Vincent
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 8:05 AM
To: Larson, Janet
Cc: Barta, Peter

Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Classification Standards V8.2

Janet:

We're good with the changes according to our legal team. The software is being updated and pushed to Peter at the Port of Seattle for final testing and approval. Let me know if you need anything additional.

I will text you the information on that other matter shortly. I found someone who can assist.

Vincent Jones
PM Comsware Logistics
Vancouver, BC, 604.667.7156
[email protected]

-----------------------------------------------------------

From: Larson, Janet,
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 4:54 PM
To: Jones, Vincent
Cc:

Subject: Classification Standards V8.2

We'll need a status on this Vincent—the software update. Also, that other item we talked about.

Janet Larson (she/her)
Brandt, Wentz, and Larson
Office phone: 206-844-1612. Cell Phone: 206-918-1577
[email protected]

What was the 'other item' Janet had mentioned and the reply mentioning 'someone who can assist' from some guy in Canada? I'd seen easily a few hundred emails from this Vincent guy to both Janet and Martin—all normal-looking, work-related kinds of things, non-judicial gray areas, and mostly generic crap—but this one had been purposely deleted. Why?

I scanned the folder Paul had created for me on the network and found that Janet's original email had been deleted, as was this reply I was looking at. I then combed through the other directory of emails and eventually found emails related to whatever this V8.2 software stuff was—all of them business, no extra mention of any 'other item'.

Okay, that's unusual. When had this been deleted? Wait, it was sent back in... FUCK!

March 19th, 12:19 PM
"This doesn't look good, Jacob," Paul said after giving him a printout of the email I'd found and inserting it into the timeline we knew about Amber's online activity.

Jacob took a long time to answer; he was deep in thought for easily a minute, maybe more.

"Legally, we'd be hard-pressed to get any traction from this," he replied stoically. "Chain of evidence could come into play, and honestly, it doesn't say much, though possibly a slip by both Vincent and Janet."

I felt seeing the email and the gravity of the implication had hit Jacob hard, harder than he was letting on given his long-standing business relationship and friendships he'd had with both Janet and Martin. Could he reconcile that maybe either or both of them had planned the distraction with Amber to open up their chance at taking over the firm? Augh...

"Janet wanted constant updates from Elizabeth while in Phoenix; that's got to be something," Paul complained.

"A senior partner of the firm looking out for me, and for an employee new to the firm who was being thrown into a stress-filled assignment," he replied quickly, not even appearing to think that answer through much.

He was right, though; there wasn't enough in that one email—out of the thousands I'd reviewed—that would implicate Janet or Martin. Was there other evidence we could tie to the email?

"Any chance there's some phone records we can tie to David Lafleur? Maybe something in the financials my team is combing through," I asked quietly.

Jacob turned to really look at me for the first time since we entered his office.

"More evidence would certainly help. I'm not so sure we'll find anything. Janet, and hell, Martin too, are crafty, careful, and cautious actors in every aspect of the law. That you've found even the thinnest of possible connections to what happened to Amber—while disappointing, I'm certain in court it would fall on deaf ears. I doubt they made calls or plans from the office, and no court is going to give us access to their personal phone records or banking records without cause—more proof of wrongdoing might not even get that stuff unless egregious."

Paul chimed in, "Unlikely, any contact with Lafleur was done with their personal devices, unless they were burner phones or something like that."

I couldn't keep letting it be, "Lafleur, he's dead and possibly murdered, based on what the FBI shared from the RCMP. Couldn't we give them a couple possible suspects? Vincent Jones? Maybe he would turn on Janet?"

"Let me reach out to Landon and see what he thinks. Maybe it'll shake things up a little, or maybe not," Jacob offered.

March 19th, 12:31 PM
Alone with Paul in my office, I couldn't hold my tongue any longer and barked, "What the fuck! I think she set up Lafleur to groom Amber somehow and Vincent got her hooked up with that pedophile."

"We can't prove that, Liz," Paul said, sounding as frustrated as I was.

"How though?"

"I don't follow," he said, scrunching his eyebrows at me.

"How did she know Amber was online or Trans?"

"Maybe it was Martin that found out?"

"Maybe, but... Have you looked at their computers? Like browser history or whatever?"

"Unlikely, they would look for her online presence while at work, but the question is valid, and I can certainly scan their computers for anything like that. I think how or when they knew Amber was Trans would be a good thing to know," he said, picking up the handset for my phone and dialing and extension.

"Hey... You ever mention to Janet or Martin about Amber being Trans before she went missing?"

The answer came quickly: "Okay, about when was that?"

I figured he was talking to Jacob and tried to listen, but could only hear Paul's side of the conversation.

"Sure, I'm," he paused to listen to something. “I understand. I'll get back to you. Thanks."

He set the handset down and looked at me concerned.

"Jacob mentioned it was close to about the time Amber came out. He said Martin didn't give it much thought, but Janet was curious, and they had a few conversations about Amber over the past couple years. I think he thinks we're wasting our time on this though."

"During my interview with Janet, she brought up the fact that she was active with her wife in the LGBTQ+ community. I wasn't sure whether she was a supporter of my choice to transition or if there was something more to that. It wasn't awkward or anything, but her bringing it up did make me wonder."

"Well, I guess I'll get a look at their computers then. We good?"

"I'm pretty sure we're good," I said, smiling at him.

He grinned, got up, and left. I'd like to have joined him, but I had a lot more emails to plow through, and it was going to be another long day at this rate.

March 19th, 8:51p.m.
Gina Barnes had popped her head in my office on her way out and encouraged me to call it a night. I had sent her an email earlier saying Cal, Michelle, and I would be in tomorrow at 10 a.m. The last thing she said to me was that she'd be in tomorrow also and wanted to go over the RCW (Revised Code of Washington) findings. She had a few questions, a concern about one of the findings, and additional research requests. My heart sank, and it took every bit of effort I could muster to not break down in front of her. When she left, I laid my head on my desk, trying to figure out how I was going to manage this growing assignment.

"Not sure that looks comfortable..."

I didn't look up, but spoke to my desk, "Yeah, well, it's the best I can come up with."

"Ran into Gina, who says we need to get out of here for the night. She even said something about working tomorrow with your team. I think she's impressed with you, Liz."

I looked up at him, "Yeah, well... When I don't deliver what she's looking for by Monday, I'll be just another road kill paralegal she's left in her wake."

"Drama much," Paul asked, smiling.

I chuckled, too tired to be pissed.

"My go to,” I replied.

"Is there a costume change?"

I laughed, looked over my desk, picked up a large paperclip, and threw it at him.

"Let's get out of here... I could use a drink, maybe even one of your fancy rum drinks," he said.

I slid my chair back, locked my computer, and grabbed my coat and purse.

"You could use a little fancy, I can help you with that," I said with a little mischief in my tone. Are you hearing what I’m thinking about you right now Mr. Kline?

"If I got you by my side, it's an upgrade for sure," he said, helping me get my coat on and then hugging me.

I didn't want him to let me go, but we were at the office, and there was no telling who was still around. I smiled at him and, for a moment, considered kissing him, but held back the urge.

He held my office door open as we made our way out, and I asked, "Any luck scanning Janet and Martin's computers?"

"Actually, that's why I'm still here."

::: --- :::

Don't be afraid to click the "Kudos" (Thumbs Up) icon for this short story if it's done anything for you (you don't have to have an account to do so, and there are no prizes for most likes or payouts for that matter (I’d have bot’ed that bitch long ago if there was)). If you comment, I will reply, so let’s chat or not or whatever floats your noddle.

If there are problems or you have criticisms you'd like to share privately, feel free to message me on the site (you’ll need an account) or via email ([email protected]) - I'd love to address them if I can.

I'm trying to grow as a storyteller; I'm far from perfect, so any help is much appreciated and valued. Thanks for reading...

Rachel M. Moore

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Can't wait ...

For the next chapter. This is nail-biting!

Jessica

Drops...

RachelMnM's picture

Tomorrow, the next chapter that is. Things are going to move quickly in these last four chapters. Hold on!

Glad you're enjoying this extension. Won't lie, Liz is a lot of fun to write.

XOXOXO

Rachel M. Moore...