Change of Fate 2 (Selection)

Printer-friendly version

Author's note. I have rewritten my previous chapters. This is the second chapter after the prelude, then it moves on to daily routine. hope you enjoy the story.

In the heart of the city-state of Carolina, the selection station loomed as a beacon of both hope and trepidation for those who entered its gates. On a fateful day, Alex, accompanied by his younger sister Lily, embarked on a journey that would alter the course of their lives. The air crackled with uncertainty as they approached the entrance, the color of their jumpsuits determining their societal roles.

Lily, a licensed child, was bestowed with a yellow jumpsuit—a mark of privilege granted to those permitted a certain degree of autonomy. Meanwhile, Alex received a green jumpsuit, a stark declaration of his perceived dispensability. The disdainful glances from those around him felt like physical blows, a silent judgment of his worth.

Separated from Lily, who was directed to join a different line, Alex found himself relegated to a distant queue. The isolation was palpable as he stood apart from the other five lines, an outcast even among those deemed undesirable. The distant hum of machinery and muted conversations heightened the tension in the air.

The line shuffled forward, each step drawing him closer to the scanning station. The officials' expressions bore a mixture of scorn and disgust as they eyed the individuals clad in green. When Alex's turn finally arrived, he felt the weight of their collective judgment.

The scanning process was swift, but the outcome was anything but expected. Instead of being assigned an undesirable job outside the city walls, as he had anticipated, he was hurriedly ushered out of the scanning room. Confusion clouded his thoughts as he was instructed to change into a white jumpsuit—an unforeseen deviation from the expected trajectory.

Rushed to a medical room, Alex's anxiety escalated. Two nurses awaited him, their demeanor serious and unwavering. They delivered a stark warning—the impending procedure would be excruciating. Twenty syringes, a relentless onslaught of pain, awaited him. The room became a chamber of dread as each needle pierced his skin, injecting a painful concoction that seared through his body.

The cumulative torment proved too much for Alex. Overwhelmed by the pain, he succumbed to unconsciousness, the world around him fading into darkness.

When awareness returned, it was not to the harsh lighting of the medical room but to a softer, more subdued ambiance. Sterile white surroundings enveloped him, and the realization struck that something profound had occurred. A tentative exploration confirmed his altered reality—Alex was no longer the person he once knew.

Into this disorienting new reality stepped Headmistress Sterling, a figure of authority and purpose. She elucidated the transformation Alex had undergone, the procedure that had reshaped not only his body but his entire existence. No longer Alex, he was now a woman, thrust into the confines of Sterling Academy for Young Ladies.

The soreness lingered as Alex absorbed the revelation, grappling with the unfamiliar contours of a female form. Headmistress Sterling informed her that guards would escort her to the assigned room, where she would meet her roommate—an introduction to a reality beyond her comprehension just hours ago.

up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos