Military? Ex-military? Get your corsets here...

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I came across this link and it amused me no end. I know there are many current and former military types here, so I guess you might also be amused...

Tactical Corsets

I should declare that have no connection with this company.

I wonder if this clothing is standard issue at The Center?

Penny

PS take a look at some of the optional equipment pouches...

Penny, I'm surprised...

You guys did not already know about this? Well...Where do you keep your
pepper spray, flash/bangs, and extra ammunition?

Sarah Lynn

Unfortunately ...

... all the corsets are labelled as 'out of stock' so I was disappointed when I tried to place an order :( So reasonably priced, too.

Robi

Not sexy but functional

I used this outfit for the ruptured disks in my lower back and hereditary scoliosis. I'd done L4-5, but the scoliosis was minor enough that they would not have discovered it without the other injury. I had a plastic one like what is shown, and I also had a heavy canvas one with steel boning that looked very much like an underbust Victorian Corset.

If you've a hankering for one, remember that they prevent you from breathing or eating much. I think mine were around $100 US.

http://www.hanger.com/orthotics/services/spinal/Pages/Scolio...

Much peace

Khadijah

Just remembered ...

... having read your description of a canvas corset that I've got one too. Mine's canvas and leather (kinky?) and worn for riding my rigid-framed and girder forked Ariel 350cc motor cycle off-road. Without it my kidneys hurt like hell. They were worn by moto-cross riders in the 60s. For some reason mine doesn't fit any longer - it must have shrunk ;)

Robi

60's corsets

Shrunk, it's a wonder it hasn't been put to rest?

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

I guess I ... UN shrunk

You know, in '94, living as a man, I had a 28" waist, but by the time I got outed, I was up to about a 30". Now, I am 36" and fighting it like crazy. (((I'm jealous. I used to dirt bike on an OSSA)))

Khadijah

Back problems

Actually I have back problems resulting from the usual disregard for self-health in one's youth, picking up boxes/crates/lumps of concrete etc I should never have touched.

Having sampled various types of corset in my teens as my dual nature revealed itself, I knew that one would make a whole lot of difference to the state of my back given the opportunity.

That opportunity came a few years ago as I began to reveal my true self to my family. I decided to explore making my own corsets (I am a reasonably good seamstress) and found this site and this site (amongst many others) on the interwebs.

To my surprise the techniques and costs seemed very reasonable and since the items are quite small relatively speaking they don't take long to make. I made two for myself a while ago to get the feel for the technology and plan to make at least three more to account for lessons learned (and changes in body size!).

If you don't think you can manage to make one yourself then there are people who can do it for you, but in that case be prepared to pay from £100-£500. All corsets should be custom made to fit your exact measurements. Don't buy something off-the-shelf unless you are only going to wear it as a fashion item to a party. Even then you are probably wasting your money.

With regard to Tactical Corsets, I agree they are more of a fun item, but it is interesting to see how modern materials and ideas can influence a design process that had stayed mostly in the 19th century.

Penny

No Laughing Matter

It isn't! Do you know how difficult it is to find a decent thigh holster for those of us with a concealed carry permit? I mean, I get tired of lugging my 9mm about in my shoulder bag.

Nancy Cole

Nancy_Cole__Red_Background_.png

~ ~ ~

"You may be what you resolve to be."

T.J. Jackson

Why should anyone

Angharad's picture

want to carry a 9mm in their handbag or anywhere else for that matter? Dangerous bloody things.

Angharad

Angharad

People

Guns are perfectly safe. I could lay one on the table, walk away and it wouldn't do a thing. I have handled weapons of all sorts since I was sixteen and have never hurt anyone with a gun of any sort who didn't deserve it. It's when people who should not have guns pick them up that they become dangerous.

So why is there such a clamor to take weapons away from those of us who are responsible? I would rather explain to a judge why there was a dead perp in my house than be an FBI crime statistic. If that makes me a sick and twisted puppy, so be it.

Nancy Cole

Nancy_Cole__Red_Background_.png

~ ~ ~

"You may be what you resolve to be."

T.J. Jackson

Thigh holsters.

I do believe I have mentioned somewhere my opinion of Milla Jovavich riding a motorcycle (hot leather saddle) in the desert (even hotter saddle) in no skirt and a aet of stockings and suspenders. Ouch. I am with Angharad here, guns are a good way of making a minor disagreement terminal.

9 mm shoulder bag!

I have troble with my rocket launcher in my panties!

LoL
Rita

(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Tactical Corsets

The reason they are out of stock on everything is because they hand make all of them, one at a time. You order it, they make it.

Thigh holsters for a 9mm would be good as long as you have pants on, but the bulge would show in skirts or a pair of slacks. However, if the dress is slit high enough, it would provide quick access to the pistol. Better to have it on the small of your back in the holster attached to the corset.

And Kennesaw GA each household is required by law to have a handgun of some sort, and to have someone be proficient and licensed within that household. Their crime rate and home invasion statistics are the absolute best in the nation.

As for carrying a weapon in a handbag, police have special purses that have a divided section that will allow quick and secure access to the pistol in undercover or plain clothes situations. I think they only fit automatics, not revolvers or big weapons like a Desert Eagle.

Yeah, I've looked at it.

I think, however, the Tactical Corsets are more for fashion than utility. I say this because of a "lipstick pouch"? That's cute, not useful or tactical. If it had attachments for the grenades and other weapons, possibly locations for extra magazines, then it would be tactical. It's about as tactical as a Scottish kilt.

Now a Utilikilt however....
----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy
http://i-know-i-know-but.net/

Kilts!

Q - what does a Scottsman have under his kilt?

A- His socks!

LoL
Rita

(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

LOL - Kilts...

Hey, I'll have you know that Kilts are VERY tactical garments! It's the Sporran that's not to practical.

Yeah, the Utilikilt is a fun idea.

But, more seriously, the modern "kilt" isn't the most practical of garments, but it is warm! (Made of 6-8 yards of wool... what do you expect.) And Practical... It's a socially acceptable way for a guy to wear a skirt! :-)

I guess that corset was designed for OUTER wear, as if it were worn under clothing, I'd think it would be kinda lumpy. LOL... (I tried a corset, actually... Only had one problem - it was too short. I've apparently got a "long" torso... Something I already knew - which implies only a custom corset will do the job. *sighs* I'll admit to being surprised that the one I tried was actually comfortable and it gave me a figure better than I had 25 years ago... If only it'd been a few inches longer. LOL) So, yeah, I think this tactical corset's a fashion element.

Anne