The Guilty Are Always Caught Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

Disclaimer: This story follows the events from What’s It’s Like for A Girl.

Augusta, Georgia:
Katlain was sitting at her desk at the police station she had been assigned to. She was working with five others that were part of a special task force inside the Augusta Police Department. She had a new partner named Joesph Young. Joesph just happened to be related to Angus Young from AC/DC. She had been surprised that her partner was the nephew of a famous musical artist.

“Young, Zane get your sorry asses in my office.” Sergeant Soffer stands in the doorway to his office looking towards Young and Zane.

“I wonder who pissed in his coffee this morning?” Katlain looks towards her partner when she says that.

“Who knows.” Young gets up off his chair and follows Katlian toward their Sergeant’s office.

“Shut the door behind you.” Sergeant Soffer looks at Zane and Young.

He knew Zane uses to work with Detective Harrison and his partner, Detective Jessica Madsen in Internal Affairs and was responsible for weeding out several corrupt cops and what had been happening at the police academy with the female recruits.

He also knew about her criminal background of being a car thief and illegal street racer. Rumors had it she was related to the owners of The Black Orchid Club. He has taken his wife to it a few times. It was a high-class club that was very expensive but offered the best in fine dining and such.

A year ago, they opened up a restaurant called ACES and it was rated as five stars. The food was excellent and the wait staff were very professional.

“So, what’s up chief?” Katlian looks towards their sergeant for why she and her partner were called into his office.

“I got a new case for you two to work on. Since you have experience going after White Supremacy groups. This one should be right up your avenue.” He hands the file he was given to Young and Zane.

Zane looks at the file and didn’t know anything about the group mentioned inside it. She has heard of most of the White Supremacy groups operating in Georgia. This group The Confederate Brotherhood was new to her. She hasn’t heard anything about it.

“What do you want us to do, boss?” Young looks at their boss.

“I want you to infiltrate it and gather information about it. The Feds are interested in a fellow by the name of Shawn Grubbs. He’s wanted for attacking a fellow student by the name of Maxine Puscat.”

“Why did he attack this, Maxine Puscat?” Katlian was curious.

“Because Maxine Puscat is a transgender student at his former high school. According to the detectives working the case. Shawn Grubbs was responsible for shooting Maxine Puscat with a slingshot, so he could join The Confederate Brotherhood.”

“I’ve heard of white supremacy groups doing that. It’s to prove that the person is serious about joining them and also to have leverage over them if they decided to leave the group.” Katlian has known a few groups like that during her time as a professional car thief.

“Did Maxine Puscat survive the attack?” Joe was curious if she had survived.

“Yes, luckily. According to Detective Spade, she’s recovering.”

“That’s good.” Katlian was happy the young woman was recovering.

“Well, it looks like we have our work cut out for us, partner.” Joe looks towards Katlian when he says that.

“And I know just where to start.” Katlian knew a few places where members of white supremacy groups hung out.

“Oh?” Young raises an eyebrow at that statement.

“Yep, let’s go partner.” Katlain gets up out of her chair.

“Where are we going, Katlian?” Joe knew Katlian knew the city of Augusta pretty well, especially the dark side.

“A place called Saxon’s Bar and Grill. If there is anyone who might know about this group, it’s a bartender that I know that goes by the name of Jester.” Katlain hopes Jester can help them out.

She knew Jester hosted illegal poker games and connected people with weapon suppliers. Hell, she has even bought a few illegal weapons from
Jester in the past. Jester had her fingers into a lot of different pies.

“I’m driving. You’re too dangerous behind the wheel.” Young has experienced some dangerous driving from Katlian.

“God, I hate it when you drive. I feel like I’m riding with a little ole lady.” Katlian grabs her wallet and gun from the bottom drawer.

“Come on Mrs. Daisy.” Joe escorts Katlian down to their police-issued undercover car.

Saxon’s Bar and Grill:
Forty minutes later, Joe and Katlian pull into the parking lot of a bar on the outskirts of Augusta. Joe noticed that there were a bunch of motorcycles parked in one area of the parking lot. As he looks around some more, he spots several pickup trucks sporting the rebel flag. He also notices that several cars looked like they had a bunch of upgrades done to them.

“How do know about this place, partner?” Joe looks at Katlian as they walk toward the front entrance of the place.

“I haven’t always been a cop or a goodie two shoes.” Katlain doesn’t miss the life she had before becoming a cop.

Now she could use what she knew about the criminal underworld to help others who became victims of people she uses to work with or helped. She walks in first and looks around. The place has had some upgrades since she was last in it. She noticed that the bar area had expanded and wrapped completely around and there were four young female bartenders tending to the bar.

Over on one side of the bar, she saw the owners of the motorcycles and recognizes who they were. She didn’t need to see the huge patch on the back of their vest. The leader of the gang was a guy that went by the nickname of Smoker. He was the leader of The Boars motorcycle club.

Joe noticed that Katlian had stopped and was surveying the place. He knew this was a common tactic for her. He looks around as well and notices several people carrying concealed weapons on them.

Katlian starts walking towards the bar towards a middle age woman with dark red hair dressed in black leather that showed off her oversized breasts. She looks at the woman “Is Jester working today?”

Goldie looks at the short auburn hair woman on the other side of the counter. She noticed the woman had been followed by a guy that stood at least a foot taller than the woman. She also noticed that he was wearing a dark business suit as well.

Goldie looks back down at the young woman “She’s off today. She won’t be back until tomorrow night.”

“Tell her Katlian Brownlow needs to speak to her.” Katlian pulls out a fifty-dollar bill and attach her cell number to it on a blank business card. She hands the business card to the middle age woman.

Goldie accepts the money and business card. She looks at the number and wonders who this young woman is and why she needs to speak to Jester. She knew Jester dealt in a lot of shady things.

Katlain turns and starts walking towards the entrance of the place. As she is walking towards the entrance, a young man with a dark tan wearing a flannel shirt exposing a dirty white undershirt underneath. He was wearing a baseball cap that said fuck pigs and fuck everyone else.

The young man looks at the young woman “Watch where you are going, bitch.”

Katlain looks at the young man “Excuse me. I didn’t see you there.”

“Well, next time just watch where you are going.” Fred looks at the young woman and then he notices the guy walking with her.

“I will. Here, why don’t you have a drink on me.” Katlian fishes out a few dollars from her pants pocket and hand it to him.

Fred accepts the money and just walks towards the counter to order another beer.

Katlian and Joe exit the building. He looks at her “You could have dropped that guy easily.”

“I know, but I wanted to keep things nice.”

Joe has seen his partner take down guys twice her size like they were nothing. Sometimes he is surprised by her actions. They walk together towards his car and get in it.

up
101 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Joe is going to need a few lessons

Samantha Heart's picture

In how to dress a dark business suit is not it that screams cop. Katlin on the other hand, she KNOWS how not to scream cop. As she has been on the other side of things she KNOWS the underground VERY WELL! Been there, done that, got the T-shirt & scars to prove it!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.