Dorm Room Salon

Printer-friendly version

Dorm Room Salon

Mike had always been proud of his long hair. It had taken him all of high school to grow it out and he loved the way it flowed down to the middle of high back in thick waves. When he got accepted into college, he was excited to start a new chapter in his life and find his true personality, knowing that his long hair would be a part of his identity.

As he packed up his belongings and prepared to move into his dorm, Mike couldn't help but feel a little bit nervous. He wasn't used to living with a stranger and he wasn't sure what to expect. When he arrived at the dorm, he was relieved to find that his roommate, Sarah, seemed nice and welcoming. She had short, blonde hair and a bubbly personality.

At first, Mike and Sarah got along great. They were both busy with classes and extracurricular activities, but they still made time to hang out and get to know each other. As the weeks went by, Mike noticed that Sarah seemed to take an interest in his long hair. She would often compliment him on it and ask him how he styled it, a nice change from back home when people would look down on him.

As the months went by, Sarah's interest in Mike's hair seemed to grow. She started offering to style it for him and even convinced him to try out some new products and techniques. Mike was excited that someone was giving him so much attention and seemed to genuinely care about him. So, he let her take control of his hair care routine.

At first, the changes Sarah made to Mike's hair were subtle. She convinced him to try out a new conditioner that left his hair feeling softer, shinier and more manageable. She also introduced him to some styling products that helped to define his waves and give his hair more volume. Mike was impressed by the results and he started to enjoy the extra attention Sarah was giving to his hair.

But as time went on, Sarah's changes to Mike's hair became more and more dramatic. One evening, she asked him if she could trim his hair up a bit to clean it up. She sectioned off his hair and started cutting his hair into layers. When she was done, he had thick voluminous layers that framed his face and came down to his chest.

Thrilled with how her last experiment turned out, the next weekend Sarah decided to dye his hair. His dark brown hair with transformed into a honey gold color with blonde highlights then accentuated the layers. When she was done washing it out and blow drying it, Mike looked stunning.
As Sarah took further reigns of his hair, she began to style it every morning for him. Although it started off as ponytails and messy buns, she quickly started experimenting with more daring styles. Before his econ class, she braided his hair. As time passed she tried out French twists and updos. Mike was a little hesitant at first, but he trusted Sarah and he enjoyed the way his hair looked after she styled it.

Over the next few months, Sarah transformed Mike's long hair into a work of art. As the school year came to a close, Mike couldn't believe how much his hair had changed. He had always been proud of his long locks, but now he felt like a completely different person. As he packed up to head back home, he felt a sense of sadness. He was going to miss having his own personal hair stylist.

up
92 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Coed dorm rooms?

I must have missed when that became a thing.

It Hasn't

AFAIK. Maybe at a private school.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin